Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida bans teaching Critical Race Theory in its schools

Load Metric
    No one loved the pandemic more than you Dwai. Look at you still in the basement pounding out 5000k posts when you had a hundred when it started. Still the last post in every thread months after the world is open.

It gave you an excuse to be a loser. It gave you someone to be angry at besides yourself. It’s why you still are the most active poster in the covid thread acting like it’s still a thing while everyone is out doing shit. I saw an article about introverts and incels dismayed it was over. God does that fit you. Now you’re back to having no excuse for your life besides yourself you little weak bitch. Type away faggot, and keep whining about being locked down. Never leaving the computer, I guessed you missed shit is open and you don’t have to live here 24/7 and be the last post in every thread. But that would require you having something to do, having friends, a life. We all know you don’t.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: TDS obv

Jayjami:

gimmick:

Walter Sobchak: godliest post in many a moon

nunbeater: tough but fair

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I remember in 8th grade science we took like two whole weeks on evolution to ensure us that it was JUST A THEORY, we had some chaplain come in to debate the merits of dinosaurs and we had to write a massive paper comparing/contrasting intelligent design. One argument that I remember was 'they've been working on evolution in the lab and nothing has walked out the petri dish!

You would think Team Religiontard would have had the muscle to just squeeze it out but I suppose making evolution look ridiculous was just as good.
    it is just a theory though(one I happen to agree with) but we don't know for sure.

we do know that black people are the cause of black people's problems, not white people.

the best thing we did was enslave them, we taught them how to do things(certainly not be responsible for your own actions)

black people want to perpetually be victims while benefiting from black privilege.
    Lol literally all but three things in science are theories you GED basement mong.

Tight pivot to your new role as a virulent racist. Druff must love coughing up every month to have his board dominated by you.

Dan Druff = the Antonio Sabato Jr of poker. Tight legacy!
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    No one loved the pandemic more than you Dwai. Look at you still in the basement pounding out 5000k posts when you had a hundred when it started. Still the last post in every thread months after the world is open.

It gave you an excuse to be a loser. It gave you someone to be angry at besides yourself. It’s why you still are the most active poster in the covid thread acting like it’s still a thing while everyone is out doing shit. I saw an article about introverts and incels dismayed it was over. God does that fit you. Now you’re back to having no excuse for your life besides yourself you little weak bitch. Type away faggot, and keep whining about being locked down. Never leaving the computer, I guessed you missed shit is open and you don’t have to live here 24/7 and be the last post in every thread. But that would require you having something to do, having friends, a life. We all know you don’t.
    Name:  RDT_20210611_1206005790469050281415359.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  66.9 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    it is just a theory though(one I happen to agree with) but we don't know for sure.

we do know that black people are the cause of black people's problems, not white people.

the best thing we did was enslave them, we taught them how to do things(certainly not be responsible for your own actions)

black people want to perpetually be victims while benefiting from black privilege.
    Lol literally all but three things in science are theories you GED basement mong.

Tight pivot to your new role as a virulent racist. Druff must love coughing up every month to have his board dominated by you.

Dan Druff = the Antonio Sabato Jr of poker. Tight legacy!
    Name:  RDT_20210611_1248036868461679740792039.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  39.5 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Probably the weather

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    It isn't the politics.

You can look forward to many of those "inbound" states being solidly blue in another decade or so. Including Texas.

We would have to ringfence exactly what politics means here. I’ll grant you there probably aren’t many families in say, Massachusetts, who wouldn’t move to say, West Palm Beach, because thier kids won’t be exposed to this bullshit. Like it wouldn’t be reason #1, I’ll give you that.

But to say that “politics”, in a general sense, isn’t the reason just isn’t correct.

As I said earlier it ain’t just the weather driving these decisions.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

Right because that's totally the same thing.

You've been boxed in. Checkmate.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I think it’s closer to banning/protecting the teaching of young Earth creationism, which is obviously 100% nonsense and yet protected in both public and private settings, yet pretty much every state that passes a law regarding this embraces that.

Don’t get me wrong, I think this critical race theory shit is inflammatory, and nonsense, but this reminds me of sharia law bans. Like that states most likely to enact legislation to ban it were never going to implement it. Particularly Florida. Curriculum is a little different in that what to teach is decided on state and district levels, but the places in Florida most likely to even think about it are largely Hispanic and all of them need state funding. It’s sound and fury signifying nothing and like the Sharia Bans, just pandering to the stupid. I looked around trying to find any Florida schools actually teaching it and couldn’t find any listed. Most of the articles suggest it’s not being taught. Plus I imagine a lot of the charter school protections drafted almost entirely by Republicans in the past would protect some all black charter school, which is about the only place I could see this take hold.

It’s good politics to address a non-existent problem where you govern and is highly popular, so Desantis definitely has his finger on the pulse of his party, but it’s basically equivalent to legislation prohibiting bringing your Sasquatch to school with you.
    Creationism is even more ridiculous than critical race theory. Social theories are hard to prove or disprove, but creationism is scientifically proven 100% false. Yet many states require that it be taught as an "alternative" or that schools are at least allowed to teach it. No wonder people are so dumb.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

It isn't the politics.

You can look forward to many of those "inbound" states being solidly blue in another decade or so. Including Texas.

We would have to ringfence exactly what politics means here. I’ll grant you there probably aren’t many families in say, Massachusetts, who wouldn’t move to say, West Palm Beach, because thier kids won’t be exposed to this bullshit. Like it wouldn’t be reason #1, I’ll give you that.

But to say that “politics”, in a general sense, isn’t the reason just isn’t correct.

As I said earlier it ain’t just the weather driving these decisions.

the good that's come of all the peeps leaving nyc, and they're leaving alright, is that the outlying properties in the suburbs in westchester and fairfield counties haven't seen this much of a spike in prices since the days when they were giving mortgages to peeps without jobs.

no debunking this. people want safety and will not tolerate lawlessness
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Gold
    Load Metric
    As someone who has lived in the Los Angeles area my entire life (and spent plenty of time in San Diego and the Bay Area) and enjoyed the awesome weather and (formerly) awesome culture of these places, I don't think you all appreciate just how badly the leftist politicians have fucked up this state that it got to the point people are leaving Los Angeles for Texas in such large numbers.

If the mainstream media wasn't completely in bed with the Democratic Party and Big Tech and compromised, this dysfunction should (and would) be a much bigger story.

Comments

Sanlmar: PFA is not the least bit surprised that LA is a shithole.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Banning discussion of some theories in school to narrow the range of thought is very American.

This is no different than the SJW speech codes and woke censorship you complain about. It's just that you happen to agree with this one.

This isn't "banning the discussion" of a topic. It's banning the teaching of propaganda. If you look at the Critical Race Theory lessons which have been taught in US schools, there is no room allowed for open debate, discussion, or dissent.

The LESSON is that the US is systemically racist, specficially designed to oppress minorities, and that any lesser outcomes currently experienced by miniroty groups is attributable only to the system itself. The kids are not allowed to speak out against this, or to write essays challenging it. They are to parrot back this propaganda, or they fail the unit.

Controversial opinion shouldn't be taught in schools for exactly this reason. If the teacher is on one side, he/she will force their opinion upon all of the students, with consequence being a failed grade if the students don't walk the line. I'm fine with Benjamin being taught that there was once slavery in the US, that there were laws restricting black people from engaging in certain activities all the way through the 1960s, and that it has now been universally recognized that this was wrong and unjust. These views are accepted by almost everyone in society, so they're not controversial.

Once you get into political propaganda being taught, which is NOT universally accepted as fact, then you're venturing into indoctrination territory, and this has no place in our schools. Similarly, I would be upset if controversial right wing propaganda was taught as "fact", even if I agreed with it. This simply should not be the role of schools.

I also don't understand people's complaints about the "whitewashed version of history" taught in our generation. I remember being taught about slavery and the civil rights movement, and as well as the eventual voting rights for black people and women. All of this was framed as progress. When I was in high school, we were only a little more than 20 years removed from the civil rights movement of the '60s.

It's a myth that we were taught "white people were always the good guys" back when we were in school. Maybe this was true 70 years ago, but it definitely wasn't true in the '80s when I was in high school.
    Druff, the fundamental problem with this whole hullabaloo being raised by conservotard talking heads and politicians is that critical race theory isn’t even taught in any K-12 schools! It’s a critical analysis theory that is discussed and debated in law schools and some other college level fields of study.

But the GOPs pushing those new laws banning it being taught, and conservotard parrots like Druff, either don’t know what critical race theory, and conflate it with teaching the history of racism in America, or are intentionally trying to rile up bigotted or ignorant white folks to conflate the two matters in order to stifle the ability for K-12 schools to accurately teach the deep and disturbing history of racism and racial discrimination in this country.

Seriously, Druff. You are making a complete ass of yourself yet again by parrot and championing a bullshit political narrative that one or more your favored conservative media outlets fed you.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

This isn't "banning the discussion" of a topic. It's banning the teaching of propaganda. If you look at the Critical Race Theory lessons which have been taught in US schools, there is no room allowed for open debate, discussion, or dissent.

The LESSON is that the US is systemically racist, specficially designed to oppress minorities, and that any lesser outcomes currently experienced by miniroty groups is attributable only to the system itself. The kids are not allowed to speak out against this, or to write essays challenging it. They are to parrot back this propaganda, or they fail the unit.

Controversial opinion shouldn't be taught in schools for exactly this reason. If the teacher is on one side, he/she will force their opinion upon all of the students, with consequence being a failed grade if the students don't walk the line. I'm fine with Benjamin being taught that there was once slavery in the US, that there were laws restricting black people from engaging in certain activities all the way through the 1960s, and that it has now been universally recognized that this was wrong and unjust. These views are accepted by almost everyone in society, so they're not controversial.

Once you get into political propaganda being taught, which is NOT universally accepted as fact, then you're venturing into indoctrination territory, and this has no place in our schools. Similarly, I would be upset if controversial right wing propaganda was taught as "fact", even if I agreed with it. This simply should not be the role of schools.

I also don't understand people's complaints about the "whitewashed version of history" taught in our generation. I remember being taught about slavery and the civil rights movement, and as well as the eventual voting rights for black people and women. All of this was framed as progress. When I was in high school, we were only a little more than 20 years removed from the civil rights movement of the '60s.

It's a myth that we were taught "white people were always the good guys" back when we were in school. Maybe this was true 70 years ago, but it definitely wasn't true in the '80s when I was in high school.
    Druff, the fundamental problem with this whole hullabaloo being raised by conservotard talking heads and politicians is that critical race theory isn’t even taught in any K-12 schools! It’s a critical analysis theory that is discussed and debated in law schools and some other college level fields of study.

But the GOPs pushing those new laws banning it being taught, and conservotard parrots like Druff, either don’t know what critical race theory, and conflate it with teaching the history of racism in America, or are intentionally trying to rile up bigotted or ignorant white folks to conflate the two matters in order to stifle the ability for K-12 schools to accurately teach the deep and disturbing history of racism and racial discrimination in this country.

Seriously, Druff. You are making a complete ass of yourself yet again by parrot and championing a bullshit political narrative that one or more your favored conservative media outlets fed you.
    the irony is quite much here considering you're the biggest mindless cnn drone parroting literally every democrat talking point, maybe sonatine is worse, or it's a tie.

really close to being the worst here MumblesBadly

Load Metric

You've been boxed in. Checkmate.
    Actually, I’m right. Game Over!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You're at best an uneducated citizen of a cult like community, which includes racism, a topic that flies over your head.

You're old, fat and stupid but hey, how about that weather? Like you or the any other sideshow Bobs you can take credit for none it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

You're at best an uneducated citizen of a cult like community, which includes racism, a topic that flies over your head.

You're old, fat and stupid but hey, how about that weather? Like you or the any other sideshow Bobs you can take credit for none it.

Actually, I have a Juris Doctorate and speak more than one language. I am in great shape - better than most if not all of the posters on this site, and I run half marathons. So, once again, Hoser, YOU ARE WRONG.

And, just like Walter, you are Boxed In.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Actually, I have a Juris Doctorate and speak more than one language. I am in great shape - better than most if not all of the posters on this site, and I run half marathons. So, once again, Hoser, YOU ARE WRONG.

And, just like Walter, you are Boxed In.
    I doubt everything you've said. No way you'd resort to racism to argue a point. That is not intelligence.
    I will beat you to a pulp. Let's meet halfway, say Vegas

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

I doubt everything you've said. No way you'd resort to racism to argue a point. That is not intelligence.
    I will beat you to a pulp. Let's meet halfway, say Vegas
    Ok, be a doubter. And, Gringo, nothing I have said on this site has been racist. In fact, I have been on the receiving end of racist comments on this site in the past. And you would not stand a chance against me. But, if you must, I’ll be in Vegas in February.

Load Metric
    I think it’s closer to banning/protecting the teaching of young Earth creationism, which is obviously 100% nonsense and yet protected in both public and private settings, yet pretty much every state that passes a law regarding this embraces that.

Don’t get me wrong, I think this critical race theory shit is inflammatory, and nonsense, but this reminds me of sharia law bans. Like that states most likely to enact legislation to ban it were never going to implement it. Particularly Florida. Curriculum is a little different in that what to teach is decided on state and district levels, but the places in Florida most likely to even think about it are largely Hispanic and all of them need state funding. It’s sound and fury signifying nothing and like the Sharia Bans, just pandering to the stupid. I looked around trying to find any Florida schools actually teaching it and couldn’t find any listed. Most of the articles suggest it’s not being taught. Plus I imagine a lot of the charter school protections drafted almost entirely by Republicans in the past would protect some all black charter school, which is about the only place I could see this take hold.

It’s good politics to address a non-existent problem where you govern and is highly popular, so Desantis definitely has his finger on the pulse of his party, but it’s basically equivalent to legislation prohibiting bringing your Sasquatch to school with you.
    I remember in 8th grade science we took like two whole weeks on evolution to ensure us that it was JUST A THEORY, we had some chaplain come in to debate the merits of dinosaurs and we had to write a massive paper comparing/contrasting intelligent design. One argument that I remember was 'they've been working on evolution in the lab and nothing has walked out the petri dish!

You would think Team Religiontard would have had the muscle to just squeeze it out but I suppose making evolution look ridiculous was just as good.
    Sloppy remembers the 8th grade well. It was the year he was finally old enough to get in the gay bars.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: unrelenting oddness
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Sloppy remembers the 8th grade well. It was the year he was finally old enough to get in the gay bars.
    Officially time to create Mickeycrimm's Gay Fantasies Containment Thread.

Druff let one racist unstable lunatic cuck him all.over the board for several months, let's hope he's learned his lesson.

Again this rolling flaming faggot is derailing threads with sick fantasies, this time dreaming of minors entering his world of dicks and balls?

Would be incredibly troubling if you could still walk more than five feet without wheezing. Surely any able bodied teenager can outpace that crumbling power chair.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Actually, you're wrong.

Comments

mickeycrimm: actually, you're wrong, wittle waltie

nunbeater: why does mickey keep baby talking this dude

Load Metric