Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnathan "iamhiv" Drane update

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Johnathan "iamhiv" Drane update

I sat next to BradL in a poker game today. Recall that BradL is the ex-boyfriend of Peachymer. Also recall that he was part of the group of people who got ripped off a few years back by Johnathan "iamhiv" Drane.

Some of you might know that iamhiv was quite successful on Seals, and had run up a large number of bitcoins there.

You'll be glad to know that iamhiv's game selection finally came back to bite him in the ass, and he lost every penny he had on there to BradL.

iamhiv is once again totally busto. He was actually supporting himself with his bitcoins, but apparently they are all gone.

Many of you may not care about this, but I felt it was worth mentioning.

I did not bring up Peachymer.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    How much USD did he run up in bitcoins?

I have thought about trying to put a roll on there and attempting to win all the money on the site but I was worried about getting paid.

Congrats to BradL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He was supporting himself just on bitcoins. HOF

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I'm sure a decent player could win a fair amount playing NL there or seeding games. Not a ton of action but I have heard it is very soft.

Also add in the fact that I think bitcoins have surged in price since Seals started to get a little traffic would be a nice bonus for someone who ran up a decent amount of $$$

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I sat next to BradL in a poker game today. Recall that BradL is the ex-boyfriend of Peachymer. Also recall that he was part of the group of people who got ripped off a few years back by Johnathan "iamhiv" Drane.

Some of you might know that iamhiv was quite successful on Seals, and had run up a large number of bitcoins there.

You'll be glad to know that iamhiv's game selection finally came back to bite him in the ass, and he lost every penny he had on there to BradL.

iamhiv is once again totally busto. He was actually supporting himself with his bitcoins, but apparently they are all gone.

God Damn. That's remarkably dumb of him. I met imhiv for the first time just a few days before that all blew up on him.

Banned
    Load Metric
    wasn't iamhiv the dude who got popped for being a pedo as well?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I'm sure a decent player could win a fair amount playing NL there or seeding games. Not a ton of action but I have heard it is very soft.

Also add in the fact that I think bitcoins have surged in price since Seals started to get a little traffic would be a nice bonus for someone who ran up a decent amount of $$$
    Of course it's soft. Their "pro" is Micon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric

Surprised that somebody that is a respected player for the most part like BradL is grinding bitcoins. Any idea how much $$$ worth of bitcoins approximately hiv grinded up?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

Of course it's soft. Their "slots pro" is Micon.
    fyp

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post

Surprised that somebody that is a respected player for the most part like BradL is grinding bitcoins.?
    he very well could be making good money cleaning out most of the site or people who will play him there

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Surprised that somebody that is a respected player for the most part like BradL is grinding bitcoins. Any idea how much $$$ worth of bitcoins approximately hiv grinded up?
    Don't know how much iamhiv grinded up, though I believe it was low 5 figures.

BradL is a good poker player but terrible at managing money, so he is frequently broke.

Load Metric

BradL is a good poker player but terrible at managing money, so he is frequently broke.
    Yeah, I've heard hes a degenerate and is broke a lot. I was just more surprised that he'd play on this site when there are real money sites available to americans that you can cash out on with no fee and have the cash in hand within 5 days. Maybe this bitcoin site is pretty soft though, I know the real money sites that process quick cash outs usually aren't. I also assumed that the games that usually ran on the bitcoin site were so small that even a broke pro wouldn't mess around with them. Maybe I'm wrong.

Gold
    Load Metric

Yeah, I've heard hes a degenerate and is broke a lot. I was just more surprised that he'd play on this site when there are real money sites available to americans that you can cash out on with no fee and have the cash in hand within 5 days. Maybe this bitcoin site is pretty soft though, I know the real money sites that process quick cash outs usually aren't. I also assumed that the games that usually ran on the bitcoin site were so small that even a broke pro wouldn't mess around with them. Maybe I'm wrong.
    If I wanted to use a fee I can cash out and have $ in hand within a day or 2 with bitcoins. With bitcoins there really is no limit to the amount you can deposit... Well, you'd have to be able to buy enough bitcoins but it'd be far more than the $600 or whatever someone might be able to get on a poker site these days. The nice thing about bitcoins is once you have them they're yours to do whatever with. Not as much middleman chargeback potential bs. Sealswithclubs is a really tough site though. Ridiculously good players.

BTW bitcoins are 3.5 x what i paid for them. Could have been less though, but it is all a gamble to start with.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

If I wanted to use a fee I can cash out and have $ in hand within a day or 2 with bitcoins. With bitcoins there really is no limit to the amount you can deposit... Well, you'd have to be able to buy enough bitcoins but it'd be far more than the $600 or whatever someone might be able to get on a poker site these days. The nice thing about bitcoins is once you have them they're yours to do whatever with. Not as much middleman chargeback potential bs. Sealswithclubs is a really tough site though. Ridiculously good players.

BTW bitcoins are 3.5 x what i paid for them. Could have been less though, but it is all a gamble to start with.
    Oh its tough huh? Yeah, I guess I did hear that scott fischman plays there. I wouldn't wanna mess with top pros like him. That guy is the toughest razz player I've ever played with.

Bit coins are kinda scary tho. Seems like the price is pretty well peaked right now. If I were going to play I'd wait til the price takes a dip before I buy in. Would suck to wake up and realized you essentially lost 75% of yer online roll overnight cause the price took a nosedive.

Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    wasn't iamhiv the dude who got popped for being a pedo as well?
    Think he banged a 16yr old when he was over 21.

I used to see him on Merge playing the mtts.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Bit coins are kinda scary tho. Seems like the price is pretty well peaked right now. If I were going to play I'd wait til the price takes a dip before I buy in. Would suck to wake up and realized you essentially lost 75% of yer online roll overnight cause the price took a nosedive.
    Well everything has a value based on demand. If bitcoins keep growing, demand will grow. There continues to become more and more services utilizing them. It isn't like a regular company where 3x price increase may readily go away or be overtaken in the market. It'll drop a lot when the US government decides to go after it in whatever fashion. I have no clue when that will happen, but for now they're still growing.

Load Metric
    I have no clue.....
    There's a shocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    it'd be far more than the $600 or whatever someone might be able to get on a poker site these days. .

Gold
    Load Metric
    it'd be far more than the $600 or whatever someone might be able to get on a poker site these days. .
    How does your average Joe 'I lose at poker but can't help myself' get more than $600 onto a site in one day ? Through some weird middleman trade ? I was just guessing here, but thats pretty much how I remember Stars, FTP, etc before black friday. I can't imagine it being any better. With bitcoins you can easily withdraw to an account that is under your control. (And I mean *truly* under your control. That means no one can take money back out. Only *you* can send it.) They are so much more liquid that USD/normal currency when dealing with gambling transactions. At the end of the day I'd rather just deal with USD, but I'd also rather deal with a bitcoin site over the current state of US serving poker sites. I could potentially transfer 100,000 bitcoins or .00001. Would I ever transfer 100,000 bitcoins even if I had them? No, but it isn't because of government regulations/breaking laws/chargeback concerns. It is because of common sense and having them jacked off the site.

My only point is that everyone is like 'bitcoins are so small time' when there is no reason to think that. Daily deposit limits are for USD because of all the chargeback stuff. Same thing with rake. Bitcoins have such low operational overhead. etc etc.. Sealswithclubs.eu may kinda suck in some ways, but it isn't because it uses bitcoins.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Druff, you are so sad, buddy. I honestly feel bad for you.

First of all, my name is Jonathan, not Johnathan. Quick 1 second google search could have cleared that up easily.

Second of all, yeah I did bust my roll to Brad, but so what? I already paid him back most of what I owed him, as well as many of the people whose money I degenerately lost in Vegas when I couldn't get it off of stars to finish playing my package (something you actually somewhat predicted, when had dinner together, if you recall). Only a few people have I yet to pay back, and that is simply because they did not get back to me when I contacted them trying to set up payment. They will be paid back, as well, when I can get in touch with them.

My horrible game selection, eh? You really are clueless. Brad beat me for most of it at limit O8, which he is probably a slight dog to me at. He just ran hotter than the sun when we played big, which even he will admit. I almost busted his account before he ran up 2500BTC off me from his last 40BTC. He is definitely a dog to sub, either way, and will go broke eventually if they keep playing, which is likely to happen because Brad has a HUGE poker ego.

While it is true I was supporting myself for a short while off of bitcoins, that was because I had 20 dollars to my name back 2 years ago when bitcoins were $2 apiece, and I bought 10 bitcoins with that. I then proceeded to run it up to a few hundred coins on the other bitcoin site, betco.in, which no longer exists, since getting hacked shortly after seals came out. However, now I am supporting myself by having a job. I work with computers for a nice little company, where I am both friendly and productive. That being said, it is true I have lost over 5 figures on seals, closer to 6 figures actually, though it was less at the time. I would estimate I am down about 5000BTC on the site, all of which were bitcoins I BOUGHT with my own cash. So, I was never in fact successful on seals, and actually am the biggest loser on the site, by a mile.

I am truly sorry that your life can't be brightened by my misery, but I am actually happier now than I have ever been, as well as a contributing member of society. I wish you the best of luck, buddy. I sure hope you've learned other games, because hold em IS dying.

Oh and yes, I did get convicted of risk of injury to a minor. I became involved in a relationship with a girl who told me the whole time she was 19, and turned out to be underage. Her parents found that I was seeing her and reported me to the authorities. It is something that would have been no big deal in ANY other country in the world, but the laws and people in America are so STUPID, that I was actually faced with jail time. Luckily, I drew a judge that had some common sense, and after stating that he did not feel I was a predator, he decided it would be best if, instead, I had a few years probation. I do not have to register as a sex offender. This, to me, seems at least somewhat fair.
    Last edited by jonathandrane; 01-27-2013 at 06:37 AM.

Thread Information