THURS. OCT. 4, 2012

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 4,280,000
    FOXNEWS HANNITY 3,908,000
    FOXNEWS GRETA 3,248,000
    FOXNEWS BAIER 2,243,000
    FOXNEWS THE FIVE 2,310,000
    FOXNEWS SHEP 2,243,000
    CMDY DAILY SHOW 1,841,000
    FOXNEWS FOX&FRIENDS 1,741,000 <----------- A MORNING SHOW DESTROYS CNN AND MSNBC EVENING
    CMDY COLBERT 1,456,000
    MSNBC MADDOW 1,286,000 <--------------- LOL
    MSNBC O'DONNELL 1,193,000
    MSNBC HARDBALL 1,109,000 <---------------- TIGHT NEWS COVERAGE
    MSNBC SHARPTON 1,044,000 <--------------------AWESOME HOST. CREDIBLE
    CNN COOPER 645,000
    CNN BLITZER 624,000
    CNN PIERS 598,000 <---------------------WHO THE FUCK IS THIS?
    MSNBC MORNING JOE 576,000 <------------TURNCOAT

Load Metric
    Which is why I don't understand the "Liberal Bias". Fox gets more viewers than all other networks combined (although I think Spongebob still beats them in the ratings) so more people get Fox's slant than the liberal slant. It's kind of hard to argue that you are thed most watched network in cabled news and at the same timed say the media has a liberal bias.

Actually those MSNBC numbers are way up from the last time I saw them, how does Al Sharpton get 1 million to watch his show? Are you sure that not's supposed to be the Ed Show's #'s, seems odd that their 8 PM slot wouldn't rank at all.

On that list I'd watch O'Reilly, LOD (been a fan since I watched him destroy Alan Grayson on air), and the Comedy Central shows, everything else is poison to the brain
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Never understood why conservatives tout this.

There's one channel that leans heavily right and it's FOX.

Therefore, most conservatives watch it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Which is why I don't understand the "Liberal Bias". Fox gets more viewers than all other networks combined (although I think Spongebob still beats them in the ratings) so more people get Fox's slant than the liberal slant. It's kind of hard to argue that you are thed most watched network in cabled news and at the same timed say the media has a liberal bias.
    It is the real or perceived bias that drives the right leaning viewers to Foxnews. If you work under the assumption that there is in fact a liberal bias on the other major news networks, it makes perfectly good sense that the one conservative leaning network would outperform the others as it's core audience is not split among multiple channels. To steal a line from Boondocks "the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence".

It is also a legitimately arguable point that the more left leaning portion of the American population probably does not watch political talk shows. Those people in a racially and socially profiled vacuum are the core audience of Honey Boo Boo, South Park, and the Real Housewives of New Jersey.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    It is the real or perceived bias that drives the right leaning viewers to Foxnews. If you work under the assumption that there is in fact a liberal bias on the other major news networks, it makes perfectly good sense that the one conservative leaning network would outperform the others as it's core audience is not split among multiple channels. To steal a line from Boondocks "the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence".

It is also a legitimately arguable point that the more left leaning portion of the American population probably does not watch political talk shows. Those people in a racially and socially profiled vacuum are the core audience of Honey Boo Boo, South Park, and the Real Housewives of New Jersey.
    Not that the rest of your post is not correct, but the bolded section is pretty much the main point I think. Talk radio is mostly conservative for not other real reason than republicans like to presume they are smarter than democrats and thus they love to hear pandering against the left and debate amongst themselves why their liberal neighbor is a moron for one reason or another.

Meanwhile real liberals like Barry or Gamble bot (small but effective sample size) actually spend their time learning about the issues at hand, all the angles, so there is little use for debate as facts are facts.

Also I believe the "liberal bias" in the media to be true but it's more of a big picture thing to me. What I mean is that there major news outlets are controlled and owned by just a couple corporations. Who do you think calls the shots on how stories are researched and presented? Obviously the guys who write everyone's paychecks.

The liberal bias is multi-facted, both micro as well as macro-scopic. For example a reporter must speak about things a certain way, say talking about gay marriage or gays in the military. I would be shocked to see or hear of a reporter who pens an article on the subject without tinging the entire thing to be pro gay marriage and pro gays serving in the military. The one exception might be fox news, but that's about it, save for maybe drudge report.

On a more macroscopic scale you'll find things like global warming being force-fed the masses on nearly every news channel yet whenever evidence comes out which says it might not be man made or easily controlled, there is a media black out. Unless you have something good to say about global warming, you are not heard by the public by and large.

Who profits from global warming? Democrats of course, since every single answer they can come up with involves more taxes or plain higher taxes.

Since you tend to find conservatives dismiss global warming it trends to the right to be against it and those are the voices you rarely hear on tv or mainstream newspaper etc.

More examples- You often hear about the horrors of christians, how they are so defamatory to homosexuals for example, yet you NEVER you NEVER EVER hear one fucking word about muslim intolerance of gays. Hell not long ago a gay couple were stoned beaten and hung to death just for being gay in Iran and the story barely made a squeek. IN contrast if some marines or army goons jump a guy for hitting on a straight soldier IT'S BLAZING FRONT PAGE OF EVERYTHING MATERIAL for WEEKS, if not months, YET NO ONE DIED!

Flesh wounds heal, being stoned to death doesn't, yet muslims get a free pass to do as they please with impunity as far as the atheistic liberal media is concerned.

Going up a few notches the liberal bias trickles down to regular television shows and what have you. After all, who do you think owns them but the same big entities which own cnn and such?

I tell you what, it's ok for a gay person to hate a straight christian but it is NOT ok for ANYONE to say they dislike gays, it's ok to proudly announce your mexican pride black pride asian pride but WHITE PRIDE MAKES YOU RACIST AUTOMATICALLY. That's the fucked up society we live in today and the liberal bias has tremendous influence over they way people think feel and see things. I'd say the two are directly linked in fact.
    Last edited by 408Mike; 10-06-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

Not that the rest of your post is not correct, but the bolded section is pretty much the main point I think. Talk radio is mostly conservative for not other real reason than republicans like to presume they are smarter than democrats and thus they love to hear pandering against the left and debate amongst themselves why their liberal neighbor is a moron for one reason or another.

Meanwhile real liberals like Barry or Gamble bot (small but effective sample size) actually spend their time learning about the issues at hand, all the angles, so there is little use for debate as facts are facts.

Also I believe the "liberal bias" in the media to be true but it's more of a big picture thing to me. What I mean is that there major news outlets are controlled and owned by just a couple corporations. Who do you think calls the shots on how stories are researched and presented? Obviously the guys who write everyone's paychecks.

The liberal bias is multi-facted, both micro as well as macro-scopic. For example a reporter must speak about things a certain way, say talking about gay marriage or gays in the military. I would be shocked to see or hear of a reporter who pens an article on the subject without tinging the entire thing to be pro gay marriage and pro gays serving in the military. The one exception might be fox news, but that's about it, save for maybe drudge report.

On a more macroscopic scale you'll find things like global warming being force-fed the masses on nearly every news channel yet whenever evidence comes out which says it might not be man made or easily controlled, there is a media black out. Unless you have something good to say about global warming, you are not heard by the public by and large.

Who profits from global warming? Democrats of course, since every single answer they can come up with involves more taxes or plain higher taxes.

Since you tend to find conservatives dismiss global warming it trends to the right to be against it and those are the voices you rarely hear on tv or mainstream newspaper etc.

More examples- You often hear about the horrors of christians, how they are so defamatory to homosexuals for example, yet you NEVER you NEVER EVER hear one fucking word about muslim intolerance of gays. Hell not long ago a gay couple were stoned beaten and hung to death just for being gay in Iran and the story barely made a squeek. IN contrast if some marines or army goons jump a guy for hitting on a straight soldier IT'S BLAZING FRONT PAGE OF EVERYTHING MATERIAL for WEEKS, if not months, YET NO ONE DIED!

Flesh wounds heal, being stoned to death doesn't, yet muslims get a free pass to do as they please with impunity as far as the atheistic media is concerned.

Going up a few notches the liberal bias trickles down to regular television shows and what have you. After all, who do you think owns them but the same big entities which own cnn and such?

I tell you what, it's ok for a gay person to hate a straight christian but it is NOT ok for ANYONE to say they dislike gays, it's ok to proudly announce your mexican pride black pride asian pride but WHITE PRIDE MAKES YOU RACIST AUTOMATICALLY. That's the fucked up society we live in today and the liberal bias has tremendous influence over they way people think feel and see things. I'd say the two are directly linked in fact.
    Pay Vegas, and live up to the results of the challenge you issued, you knuckle dragger.
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

Flesh wounds heal, being stoned to death doesn't, yet muslims get a free pass to do as they please with impunity as far as the atheistic media is concerned.

Pay Vegas, and live up to the results of the challenge you issued, you knuckle dragger.
    He actually IM'd me about a month or so ago and said he was working on paying me and was talking to Druff about it. LOL... Still waiting on that one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

He actually IM'd me about a month or so ago and said he was working on paying me and was talking to Druff about it. LOL... Still waiting on that one.
    Paying you $50 is a luxury I can't afford right now regardless if it's chump change to you.

If I take down a pfa radio tourney the loot is yours, in the meantime I am working on it.

Load Metric

ROFL @ having to work on getting $50. 31 years old, and doesn't have an extra $50 to pay a debt. Even though he's had months to get it. Time to just end things Mikey. When you are in your 30s and aren't worth at least 3 figures, it's time to end it.
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric

Paying you $50 is a luxury I can't afford right now regardless if it's chump change to you.

If I take down a pfa radio tourney the loot is yours, in the meantime I am working on it.
    Admitted scammer, at least twice over. Under title = contributor obviously.........
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

You owe money and your eligible to win prize money on a site that was made to out people like you. Thats pretty impressive!

Load Metric

ROFL @ having to work on getting $50. 31 years old, and doesn't have an extra $50 to pay a debt. Even though he's had months to get it. Time to just end things Mikey. When you are in your 30s and aren't worth at least 3 figures, it's time to end it.
    In all fairness if I forked over the cash at a time that it hurt me you would jump on me for being a moron who takes the internet too seriously and should put my personal comfort and safety first and leave luxuries for last, which is what I am doing, which you disagree with.

You are redundant to the point I am about to block you, fair warning. I don't mind you trolling me to an extent because I realize how intelligent you are, but let's be real, 90% of your involvement here has to do with me, and if I ignore you, the internet gets real boring real fast.

Don't be boring and redundant, that's not too much to ask.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

You owe money and your eligible to win prize money on a site that was made to out people like you. Thats pretty impressive!
    Yeah, you know what the fuck you are talking about, and which way the wind blows in the summer.

You betcha.

Load Metric

In all fairness if I forked over the cash at a time that it hurt me you would jump on me for being a moron who takes the internet too seriously and should put my personal comfort and safety first and leave luxuries for last, which is what I am doing, which you disagree with.

You are redundant to the point I am about to block you, fair warning. I don't mind you trolling me to an extent because I realize how intelligent you are, but let's be real, 90% of your involvement here has to do with me, and if I ignore you, the internet gets real boring real fast.

Pay Vegas. Live up to the results of your challenge. That's not too much to ask.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Admitted scammer, at least twice over. Under title = contributor obviously.........
    pardon me doofus but 1, you are the only person on this forum who WOULDN'T beat me in a who stays poll, 2 you are talking out of your ass as always. Or do please point out the second time I...owed someone money?

you do realize that's what my bet with vegas boils down to right? I owe him $50, I never scammed him nor did I steal from him.

Keep chugging stupid-aid partner, let the good times roll.

Load Metric

Pay Vegas. Live up to the results of your challenge. That's not too much to ask.
    See this is why i like you, you grasp that I owe vs scammed/stole from, a fact clearly flying miles above the head of jsearles, and your trolling can actually be taken as an effort to help me become a better person.

Sonatine can learn a lot from you actually. Pity his ego will never allow it.

Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something? I really am tired of this fucking napkin foofoo hanging over my head.

Silver
    Load Metric

See this is why i like you, you grasp that I owe vs scammed/stole from, a fact clearly flying miles above the head of jsearles, and your trolling can actually be taken as an effort to help me become a better person.

Sonatine can learn a lot from you actually. Pity his ego will never allow it.

Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something? I really am tired of this fucking napkin foofoo hanging over my head.

Load Metric
    I am neither black nor a wigger, what's your point exactly?

Load Metric
    LOL. WTF?

Thread Information