Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Supersonics Own Your Face

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

The Supersonics Own Your Face

Feel bad for Sacramento fans, but not that bad.

Reports say Sacramento Kings finalizing sale to Seattle

It looks like the NBA may be making its return to Seattle.
    Reports say the owners of the Sacramento Kings are finalizing an agreement to sell the team to the Seattle investment group led by investor Chris Hansen and Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

"The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season," Yahoo News' Adrian Wojnarowski reported on Twitter.

Hansen has proposed building a $490 million arena in Seattle's SoDo neighborhood south of Safeco Field, with taxpayers financing nearly $200 million of the deal.

"The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say," Wojnarowski tweets.

Longtime Sonics announcer and 710 ESPN Seattle host Kevin Calabro says he spoke with 'a very reliable source' who texted him a one word response to the report: 'done.'

Listen: Former Sonics announcer Kevin Calabro reacts to reports of NBA return to Seattle

The news comes on the heels of rumors that began swirling Tuesday night after a noted Sacramento blogger tweeted "So I hear that the Seattle Kings is officially a done deal! The Maloofs finally sold the ailing Sacramento team." It was written by Daina Falk, a cookbook writer and foodie, who has since removed the Tweet from her page.

She is also a sports insider of sorts. Her father is David Falk, the pro sports super agent.

Falk followed up her first tweet with another saying she heard it from a friend.

A spokesman for Hansen and the Kings both refused to comment.

The sale would need the approval of the NBA and an ownership committee led by Oklahoma City owner Clay Bennett, who purchased the Sonics and moved them from Seattle.

The deadline for asking the NBA to relocate in time for next season is March 1. But Calabro says fans shouldn't worry about the deadline.

"The owners make the rules, they can set the rules. March, to me, is not a hard and fast date for a relocation committee to meet. Clay Bennett could rally the relocation committee ... he could do that at any point he wanted to in the summer time and probably get this done," Calabro says.

Wojnarowski says the Maloof brothers would retain an "extremely small percentage of team, but will have no real input or say in franchise, sources say."

The arena project also still needs to go through an environmental review, and the Longshore Union is suing to stop it, saying Hansen's preferred site near the Mariners and Seahawks stadiums would cripple the flow of cargo and hurt jobs at nearby Port of Seattle terminals.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Feel bad for Sacramento fans, but not that bad.

Reports say Sacramento Kings finalizing sale to Seattle

It looks like the NBA may be making its return to Seattle.
    Reports say the owners of the Sacramento Kings are finalizing an agreement to sell the team to the Seattle investment group led by investor Chris Hansen and Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

"The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season," Yahoo News' Adrian Wojnarowski reported on Twitter.

Hansen has proposed building a $490 million arena in Seattle's SoDo neighborhood south of Safeco Field, with taxpayers financing nearly $200 million of the deal.

"The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say," Wojnarowski tweets.

Longtime Sonics announcer and 710 ESPN Seattle host Kevin Calabro says he spoke with 'a very reliable source' who texted him a one word response to the report: 'done.'

Listen: Former Sonics announcer Kevin Calabro reacts to reports of NBA return to Seattle

The news comes on the heels of rumors that began swirling Tuesday night after a noted Sacramento blogger tweeted "So I hear that the Seattle Kings is officially a done deal! The Maloofs finally sold the ailing Sacramento team." It was written by Daina Falk, a cookbook writer and foodie, who has since removed the Tweet from her page.

She is also a sports insider of sorts. Her father is David Falk, the pro sports super agent.

Falk followed up her first tweet with another saying she heard it from a friend.

A spokesman for Hansen and the Kings both refused to comment.

The sale would need the approval of the NBA and an ownership committee led by Oklahoma City owner Clay Bennett, who purchased the Sonics and moved them from Seattle.

The deadline for asking the NBA to relocate in time for next season is March 1. But Calabro says fans shouldn't worry about the deadline.

"The owners make the rules, they can set the rules. March, to me, is not a hard and fast date for a relocation committee to meet. Clay Bennett could rally the relocation committee ... he could do that at any point he wanted to in the summer time and probably get this done," Calabro says.

Wojnarowski says the Maloof brothers would retain an "extremely small percentage of team, but will have no real input or say in franchise, sources say."

The arena project also still needs to go through an environmental review, and the Longshore Union is suing to stop it, saying Hansen's preferred site near the Mariners and Seahawks stadiums would cripple the flow of cargo and hurt jobs at nearby Port of Seattle terminals.
    tl;dr

1st

1. $500 mill is cheap for an NBA franchise
    2. why should taxpayers donate $200 mill for an Arena it's a private enterprise and Ballmer can afford it
    3. Sac Town was a dumb location for an NBA team
    4. Supersonics left town they should change the name - have a contest maybe call it the Seattle Bagadonuts
    5. ironic that snake in the grass Clay Bennett chairs the ownership committee that must approve the move

Gold
    Load Metric
    supersonics is one of the GOAT team names

right up there with washington bullets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post

tl;dr

1st

1. $500 mill is cheap for an NBA franchise
    2. why should taxpayers donate $200 mill for an Arena it's a private enterprise and Ballmer can afford it
    3. Sac Town was a dumb location for an NBA team
    4. Supersonics left town they should change the name - have a contest maybe call it the Seattle Bagadonuts
    5. ironic that snake in the grass Clay Bennett chairs the ownership committee that must approve the move
    1. $500 mill is cheap for an NBA franchise - Considering they are paying a premium for getting a team without a lease, I agree.
    2. why should taxpayers donate $200 mill for an Arena it's a private enterprise and Ballmer can afford it - This is the best stadium deal for a city/jurisdiction that I can remember. All taxes will come from user fees on the new events at the stadium. Win/Win
    3. Sac Town was a dumb location for an NBA team - Maybe, but they have a great fan base and I can empathize
    4. Supersonics left town they should change the name - have a contest maybe call it the Seattle Bagadonuts - ROFL, but no, they are the Supersonics as that was the deal when they left was that the name and history stay. Time to get those Jerseys back up in the rafters.
    5. ironic that snake in the grass Clay Bennett chairs the ownership committee that must approve the move - Totally, but that guy owes us one IMO and by all accounts he is extremely supportive of the move to Seattle

What a great time to be a Seattle sports fan. This might even bring a smile to Azzclown's grumpy mug.

Load Metric
    Winner of this deal: OKC

Load Metric
    I couldn't tell you one player on Sacramento or even who their coach is. Kevin Johnson?? Rick Adelman?? Fucking Charlie Chan???

Load Metric
    Just looked at the roster, fucking Travis Outlaw is still playing? Isaiah Thomas obv is a huge fan favorite here in the NW but I'm not sure what kind of a pro he is.

Gold
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Who's that, Detlef Schrempf?

Bring back Nate MacMillan to coach obv.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Who's that, Detlef Schrempf?

Bring back Nate MacMillan to coach obv.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

love Shawn Kemp he was a monster

wasn't he paying support to 10 different baby mommas

he must have sired a lot of basketball players
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rollo Tomasi; 01-09-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

love Shawn Kemp he was a monster

wasn't he paying support to 10 different baby mommas

he must have sired a lot of basketball players
    At least one

Load Metric
    Sacramento can keep the Kings. Doesn't Seattle have enough borderline embarrassing sports franchises already? This season will end the same for the Seahawks as it usually does. They show glimpses of greatness and get their fans (you know who you are) all riled up, only to shit the bed and go home with their tails between their legs. The Mariners, well they're a perennial cellar dweller. The Kings? No thanks. Any site where a stadium may be built for them to play in Seattle would much better be used as a parking lot or landfill. Landfill being the most appropriate choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Will Golden State be next?

Load Metric
    Rumor has it that Phil Jackson will be the front office face of the franchise.

NBA confirms sale of Kings to Seattle investment group

The NBA confirms the proposed sale of the Sacramento Kings to a Seattle investment group. On Monday morning, the NBA issued the following statement: "The NBA received an executed Purchase and Sale Agreement for the transfer of a controlling interest in the Sacramento Kings from the Maloof family to an investor group led by Christopher Hansen. The proposed transaction is subject to the approval of the NBA Board of Governors and has been referred to the Board's committee process for review.

Load Metric
    You must have forgotten to add this part:

Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson said last week he had received permission from NBA Commissioner David Stern to present a counteroffer to league owners from buyers who would keep the Kings in Sacramento.
    Johnson, himself a former All-Star point guard in the NBA, said in a statement late Sunday night that the city remained undeterred despite the agreement with the Seattle group.

"Sacramento has proven that it is a strong NBA market with a fan base that year in and year out has demonstrated a commitment to the Kings by selling out 19 of 27 seasons in a top 20 market and owning two of the longest sellout streaks in NBA history," Johnson said.

"When it comes to keeping the team in our community, Sacramento is playing to win. In particular, we have been focused like a laser on identifying an ownership group that will both have the financial resources desired by the NBA and the vision to make the Kings the NBA equivalent of what the Green Bay Packers have been in the NFL."
    Far from a done deal IMO.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    You must have forgotten to add this part:

Johnson, himself a former All-Star point guard in the NBA, said in a statement late Sunday night that the city remained undeterred despite the agreement with the Seattle group.

"Sacramento has proven that it is a strong NBA market with a fan base that year in and year out has demonstrated a commitment to the Kings by selling out 19 of 27 seasons in a top 20 market and owning two of the longest sellout streaks in NBA history," Johnson said.

"When it comes to keeping the team in our community, Sacramento is playing to win. In particular, we have been focused like a laser on identifying an ownership group that will both have the financial resources desired by the NBA and the vision to make the Kings the NBA equivalent of what the Green Bay Packers have been in the NFL."
    Far from a done deal IMO.
    That was yesterday, the NBA announced the sale this morning. It's a done deal.

Load Metric
    It was my understanding that there was a provision for local ownership that would keep the team in Sacramento to match the offer. Besides it's from the same article announcing the sale.

Besides who the fuck would want to watch the:

edit: Okay, I just watched the news report again on TSN & I misunderstood it the first time. It's a done deal contingent on owners approval.
    Last edited by Hockey Guy; 01-21-2013 at 09:59 AM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    It was my understanding that there was a provision for local ownership that would keep the team in Sacramento to match the offer. Besides it's from the same article announcing the sale.

Besides who the fuck would want to watch the:

edit: Okay, I just watched the news report again on TSN & I misunderstood it the first time. It's a done deal contingent on owners approval.
    Great news for Seattle after the bitter Seahawks loss. Blow the team up and start from scratch with great local ownership. Can't wait for November.

Thread Information