Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LOL @ NRA news conference

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    Listen 6toe -

There is literally not a single person on this website who takes you seriously at all. You have a pea rattling inside that senile head of yours, and you are a fan of Green Day (but only the recent stuff) and Kid Rock
    Regardless of the issue, me and Barry will usually be on opposite sides. But the one thing we completely see eye to eye on is how much of a horrible, senile, repulsive piece of shit 6TP is. Him and 4PoeApe are the only posters who I truly believe have legit mental deficiencies. Well, ftpjesus is pretty "special" too. Lol @ walking the leadoff batter intentionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    After Columbine, my local JHS had a cop by the main desk and every school should have one.

Soon after kids starting making "hit lists" like those dudes to express their frustration and they were expelled and the school was on alert following those incidents.

You would think that even the threat of such atrocity would have made people more aware but I guess not.
    It's sad all around.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Blame the guns! Blame the ass burgers! Blame the viddya games! Blame the politicians! We must blame SOMETHING!

The women didn't know what to do when he tore their arguments apart. I assume that they were under the impression that he was going to agree with them on every aspect and in every single way. It reminds me a lot of when Dee Snider testified in front of Congress and they thought that they would tear him apart but he came in prepared and it left them dumbfounded.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    Blame the guns! Blame the ass burgers! Blame the viddya games! Blame the politicians! We must blame SOMETHING!

What a great video!

I have watched, enjoyed and respected Penn Jillette since he appeared on the scene.

Post Newtown tragedy, he is an island of common sense in a sea of misinformation and emotional claptrap.

I agree with him completely.

Some here label me a Republican. I'm not. Years ago I was a registered Democrat until I wised up. I despise both parties.

I'm whatever Penn Jillette is. I'm a Penn Jilletter through and through except I believe in God and that wise man is an atheist.

P.S. For those who don't know, the woman on the viewer's far left is long time NYC TV market anchorwoman Sue Simmons. IMO she's always been a competent talking head but she has suffered several on air gaffes.

Hit my tittie.

you are insane.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by offthetop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post

What a great video!

I have watched, enjoyed and respected Penn Jillette since he appeared on the scene.

Post Newtown tragedy, he is an island of common sense in a sea of misinformation and emotional claptrap.

I agree with him completely.

Some here label me a Republican. I'm not. Years ago I was a registered Democrat until I wised up. I despise both parties.

I'm whatever Penn Jillette is. I'm a Penn Jilletter through and through except I believe in God and that wise man is an atheist.

P.S. For those who don't know, the woman on the viewer's far left is long time NYC TV market anchorwoman Sue Simmons. IMO she's always been a competent talking head but she has suffered several on air gaffes.

Hit my tittie.

you are very intelligent.
    FYP

Load Metric
    I was a little surprised that the NRA took as hard of a line as they did.

It certainly galvanized the hardcore gun people but otherwise seemed really out of touch.

I was debating the gun issue with friends a week or so before the Newtown atrocities. I realized that I had shifted from a gun rights to gun control stance over the past few years without much thought and am still trying to figure out where I stand on a general level.

It seems like both arguments are supported by cherry picking whichever statistic is most helpful. I'm still not sure.

LOL at NRA guy not taking questions at the end; while smart, it came off as a huge pussy move from a supposed tough guy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Pretty terrible and laughable. Do they seriously want armed guards at every school? Wow
    I dont think this is a bad idea of there was a armed guard at sandy hook this stOry would be different
    Your rather short sighted perspective notwithstanding, you are giving literally no weight whatsoever to the traumatic effect seeing an armed guard on a daily basis would have on the children in question.

Now seems a good time to point out the glaring logical flaw in your statement-you presume on the day of the shooting if a surprise guard was standing there (who had never been there before, as we can assume the shooter scoped out his target with at least enough foresight to see if the there were any major roadblocks in his way, such as armed guards at the entrance) the shooter would have been deterred.

Yeah, and shot up a different school, or library, or crowded bus depot, or the movie theatre etc.

Armed guard at the school long term is the solution mike
    So the guy has to pick a non-school target, big deal.

Ban firearms mike
    So the crazy people have to use bombs or poison gas or throwing knives or set fires etc. You are missing the point at every opportunity, it's unreal. SINCE WHEN DO BANS CONTROL THE SUBSTANCE BANNED? HAS THE WAR ON DRUGS ERADICATED DRUG USE ON THE STREET? HELL FUCKING NO, SO WHY WOULD YOU EXPECT GUNS TO BE ANY DIFFERENT?

MEANING ALL YOU WILL END UP WITH IS A CRIMINAL ELEMENT WITH ALL THE FIREPOWER AND YOU HAVING NOTHING BUT A CORN COB PRESSED FIRMLY AGAINST YOUR PROSTATE.

Here's an idea I swear you will love and it would work too, perfectly- at the center of the school is a small tactical nuclear warhead. Attached to every child is a heart rate monitor. If any of these flatlines THE WHOLE PLACE GOES!

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I realized that I had shifted from a gun rights to gun control stance over the past few years
    hmm, four years of a liberal gun control wanting obama as president and you are shocked you no longer think we ought to have no less gun laws and without much thought and am still trying to figure out where I stand on a general level.
    It seems like both arguments are supported by cherry picking whichever statistic is most helpful.
    Welcome to the 21st century where people debate oheee

I'm still not sure.
    What's stopping you?

LOL at NRA guy not taking questions at the end; while smart, it came off as a huge pussy move from a supposed tough guy.
    Since when does bravado or the perceived lack of have any relevancy to the NRA and it's mission/reason for existence?
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    hmm, four years of a liberal gun control wanting obama as president and you are shocked you no longer think we ought to have no less gun laws and without much thought and am still trying to figure out where I stand on a general level.
    It seems like both arguments are supported by cherry picking whichever statistic is most helpful.

I'm still not sure.
    What's stopping you?

Since when does bravado or the perceived lack of have any relevancy to the NRA and it's mission/reason for existence?
    It wouldn't be difficult for a whack job like yourself to legally obtain a firearm.

I have a problem with that.

Load Metric

I dont think this is a bad idea of there was a armed guard at sandy hook this stOry would be different
    Your rather short sighted perspective notwithstanding, you are giving literally no weight whatsoever to the traumatic effect seeing an armed guard on a daily basis would have on the children in question.

Now seems a good time to point out the glaring logical flaw in your statement-you presume on the day of the shooting if a surprise guard was standing there (who had never been there before, as we can assume the shooter scoped out his target with at least enough foresight to see if the there were any major roadblocks in his way, such as armed guards at the entrance) the shooter would have been deterred.

Yeah, and shot up a different school, or library, or crowded bus depot, or the movie theatre etc.

Armed guard at the school long term is the solution mike
    So the guy has to pick a non-school target, big deal.

Ban firearms mike
    So the crazy people have to use bombs or poison gas or throwing knives or set fires etc. You are missing the point at every opportunity, it's unreal. SINCE WHEN DO BANS CONTROL THE SUBSTANCE BANNED? HAS THE WAR ON DRUGS ERADICATED DRUG USE ON THE STREET? HELL FUCKING NO, SO WHY WOULD YOU EXPECT GUNS TO BE ANY DIFFERENT?

MEANING ALL YOU WILL END UP WITH IS A CRIMINAL ELEMENT WITH ALL THE FIREPOWER AND YOU HAVING NOTHING BUT A CORN COB PRESSED FIRMLY AGAINST YOUR PROSTATE.

Here's an idea I swear you will love and it would work too, perfectly- at the center of the school is a small tactical nuclear warhead. Attached to every child is a heart rate monitor. If any of these flatlines THE WHOLE PLACE GOES!

The opinions of a mentally unstable person like yourself don't matter. You shouldn't even be allowed to use a plastic knife. You need to be locked in a padded room.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Wouldn't the the nutter just casually walk up to the guard and shoot him first? I don't see how you can stop these things.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJoe
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike
    I'm still not sure.
    What's stopping you?

Seriously Mike. You make fun of him in the first response telling him people debate "oheee" as if he wasn't aware of this........

Then, you ask him what's stopping him from forming an opinion. Mike, he's listening to both sides of the debate, that you've informed him that's ongoing, before forming his own opinion. It's what smart people do. Opinions actually evolve after careful thought & deliberation of facts as they're presented.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    who cares what this loon has to say. LOL

Yesterday, 11:16 PM
    408Mike
    Contributor
    This message is hidden because 408Mike is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Jillette is a bright guy, or so I thought. He brings into the conversation deaths by car accidents and drowning fatalities. Both accidents. Sure, the numbers say more die from each per year but targeted mass murder is not part of the equation. Hugs for our loved ones does not apply to someone who is clearly out of their mind. Psychosis can bring about hallucinations which steer the mentally challenged to perform outrageous acts.

Three components to this tragedy exist. Insanity, weapons of destruction and innocent groups. Two of those three are somewhat controllable. If you dont' help those who are sick and you provide relatively easy access to weapons of destruction the third may be in trouble. There are always groups of innocents but insanity and gun control can be controlled.

Also Jillette talks about Hollywood being part of the anti vaccination problem. How is that not the same as Hollywood and the entertainment system from glorifying these weapons of destruction.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Jillette is a bright guy, or so I thought. He brings into the conversation deaths by car accidents and drowning fatalities. Both accidents. Sure, the numbers say more die from each per year but targeted mass murder is not part of the equation.
    I think the poiont is that school shootings are extremely rare. A child is far more likely to get struck by lightning. If you want to spend a lot of money, man hours, and awareness to saving children's lives, there are far more efficient ways use those resources.

Load Metric

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I'm still not sure.
    What's stopping you?

Seriously Mike. You make fun of him in the first response telling him people debate "oheee" as if he wasn't aware of this........

Then, you ask him what's stopping him from forming an opinion. Mike, he's listening to both sides of the debate, that you've informed him that's ongoing, before forming his own opinion. It's what smart people do. Opinions actually evolve after careful thought & deliberation of facts as they're presented.
    I have plenty of respect for Joe as evidenced by my quoting what he had written. Notice how many on this forum I ignore? It's quite a few, you ought to pay closer attention to these kinds of things.

What I was pointing out is that he already had made a decision and it's the more logical one-gun control is not going to solve the problem at hand, which is VIOLENCE.

Violence is at the heart of the matter at hand, not weighing the pros and cons of more or less restrictions on the tools used to commit violent acts. The sooner you people realize what I am saying to be the truth the sooner we as a nation and people united will rise above the meaningless rhetoric and come together to bring peace to all.

FYI as I am sure you no doubt have noticed in Canada violent crimes are way the fuck down in comparison to the USA, and you blame gun laws for that? Not to be rude but that is VERY short sighted and small minded.

The difference is in the people, every Canadian I know (which is about 20 right now) is very mellow and even keeled, they are calm, right to the core. On the other hand the Americans I know (which is hundreds) are all over the map but by and large I can always sense something I do not sense in anyone else..it's a general feeling of being angry, discontent, something just under the surface begging to get out. Repressed anger, repressed rage, jealousy and bitterness it's hard to describe but it is almost always there and whatever it is that causes this phenomena to occur is at the heart of every school massacre every suicide every fight and brawl in the streets every day in America.

Who is to blame?

It's me, it's obama, it's high gas prices, it's materialism, it's facebook and the erosion of human relationships, it's having a tv too small or a car the wrong color or a career that does not pay what it should. It's one thing one word one flaw that more and more Americans are suffering from every single fucking day and most never realize it because almost none seek Truth.

The truth is that guns do not kill people, narcissistic raging imbeciles with too much want and too little love kill people.

Ban guns and they will use knives, ban knives and they will bite one another, rip out people's teeth and they will poison one another is that clear enough for anyone?

This guy does a GREAT job of describing what I am talking about.

The last psychiatrist has some interesting things to say on the matter. (Brilliance abounds if you read the comments)

I like this one better for our purposes though. Name:  psychopath dragon nyt.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  59.9 KB

If it's not grandiosity, then what is narcissism?

Shame over guilt; rage over anger; masturbation over sex; envy over greed; your future over your past but her past over her future...

It is you, it is all you, it is always you. Isn't it odd how narcissism turns everything inward, except blame?
    http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2010/...pathology.html

Learn to read instead of bickering amongst yourselves, if you even can.

Load Metric
    i've got a great idea! instead of taking the guns out of the school so no one can get them let's put the guns in the school so everyone including hormonally enraged teenagers can have easy access to them!

brilliant!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I'm still not sure.
    What's stopping you?

I have plenty of respect for Joe as evidenced by my quoting what he had written. Notice how many on this forum I ignore? It's quite a few, you ought to pay closer attention to these kinds of things.

What I was pointing out is that he already had made a decision and it's the more logical one-gun control is not going to solve the problem at hand, which is VIOLENCE.

Violence is at the heart of the matter at hand, not weighing the pros and cons of more or less restrictions on the tools used to commit violent acts. The sooner you people realize what I am saying to be the truth the sooner we as a nation and people united will rise above the meaningless rhetoric and come together to bring peace to all.

FYI as I am sure you no doubt have noticed in Canada violent crimes are way the fuck down in comparison to the USA, and you blame gun laws for that? Not to be rude but that is VERY short sighted and small minded.

The difference is in the people, every Canadian I know (which is about 20 right now) is very mellow and even keeled, they are calm, right to the core. On the other hand the Americans I know (which is hundreds) are all over the map but by and large I can always sense something I do not sense in anyone else..it's a general feeling of being angry, discontent, something just under the surface begging to get out. Repressed anger, repressed rage, jealousy and bitterness it's hard to describe but it is almost always there and whatever it is that causes this phenomena to occur is at the heart of every school massacre every suicide every fight and brawl in the streets every day in America.

Who is to blame?

It's me, it's obama, it's high gas prices, it's materialism, it's facebook and the erosion of human relationships, it's having a tv too small or a car the wrong color or a career that does not pay what it should. It's one thing one word one flaw that more and more Americans are suffering from every single fucking day and most never realize it because almost none seek Truth.

The truth is that guns do not kill people, narcissistic raging imbeciles with too much want and too little love kill people.

Ban guns and they will use knives, ban knives and they will bite one another, rip out people's teeth and they will poison one another is that clear enough for anyone?

This guy does a GREAT job of describing what I am talking about.

The last psychiatrist has some interesting things to say on the matter. (Brilliance abounds if you read the comments)

I like this one better for our purposes though. Name:  psychopath dragon nyt.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  59.9 KB

If it's not grandiosity, then what is narcissism?

Shame over guilt; rage over anger; masturbation over sex; envy over greed; your future over your past but her past over her future...

It is you, it is all you, it is always you. Isn't it odd how narcissism turns everything inward, except blame?
    http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2010/...pathology.html

Learn to read instead of bickering amongst yourselves, if you even can.
    Lol @ a mentally deficient liar and thief lecturing us on anything. Guy can't pay a $50 bet in a year, or hold down the most pathetic of McJobs. Yet feels qualified, almost to the point of arrogance to lecture others on complicated social and economic problems. I can see someone made up with their idol. Did you get that receipt yet from your stepdad?
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Jillette is a bright guy, or so I thought. He brings into the conversation deaths by car accidents and drowning fatalities. Both accidents. Sure, the numbers say more die from each per year but targeted mass murder is not part of the equation.
    I think the poiont is that school shootings are extremely rare. A child is far more likely to get struck by lightning. If you want to spend a lot of money, man hours, and awareness to saving children's lives, there are far more efficient ways use those resources.
    Accidents are going to happen. Lighting, car accidents etc. will always be a part of life and death. Mass murder should not be part of that mix. That hellish day was not an accident.

When you say the shootings are a rarity, well that simply isn't the case in this country. The rate at which we hear these headlines has increased and every one is more sickening than the last.

As I said before, the ingredients to that tragedy are threefold, insanity, weaponry and an unsuspecting group. You cannot control the last, you may have some control on the first but ultimately the second is the easiest to contain. Especially when the containment of such weaponry(assault rifles and automatic fire power) will have no ill effect on the population.
    What problem is it to the average citizen to have a background check(mental evaluation} and a waiting period before license issue?
    And what person needs automatic rifle power?

When it comes to self protection in a dangerous society, yes, ownership of firearms can be argued. Keep in mind however, that the people committing these slaughters are not "criminals" in the traditional sense. They seek no profit from their crimes. The average criminal is looking for a gain of some sort. They are not out to cull the population.

Jillette was ignoring the problem by directing attention away from it. Why would he not address the actual problem? Because there is no good argument.

Hug your children, yes. Hug the psychotic, schizophrenic, paranoid delusional, sure but it won't matter if you have guns laying about.

Banned
    Load Metric
    When you say the shootings are a rarity, well that simply isn't the case in this country. The rate at which we hear these headlines has increased and every one is more sickening than the last.
    The rate of media coverage is not evidence. Allowing sensationalist media to influence your perception is a mistake. Check the actual data, let the facts be your guide.

Thread Information