Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Today is the 1 year anniversary of right wing intellectual superstar Andy Ngo getting hit with a milkshake and going on national tv to say it gave him brain damage

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I should also point out that leftists like gimmick go out of their way to defend Antifa and paint them as nonviolent.

At the same time, the vast majority of right wingers condemn white supremacists and say they don't represent our party or our beliefs.

Which party is more extreme again?
    When have i said they are non-violent. They are the literal opposite of that. It's the continuum when non violence isn't enough. That's their sole existence. And i have no problem with that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    No but seriously where does assassinating police officers to incite a race war register? Does it eek out to top 10 most fucked up things that happened in the Floyd protests? Obv somewhere behind property damage, hurt feelings, inconvenience and lowering the covid infections.
    How many right wingers are "assassinating police officers to start a race war"?

And are you actually trying to equate white supremacist groups with right wingers?

It's sad how much you stretch to make your points these days.
    Trump has put himself squarely in the camp of violent racist hate groups. Anyone who supports him is guilty.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I should also point out that leftists like gimmick go out of their way to defend Antifa and paint them as nonviolent.

At the same time, the vast majority of right wingers condemn white supremacists and say they don't represent our party or our beliefs.

Which party is more extreme again?
    When have i said they are non-violent. They are the literal opposite of that. It's the continuum when non violence isn't enough. That's their sole existence. And i have no problem with that.
    I see.

So now you're at the point where you feel violent suppression of speech is the right play.

That's worked out great for other societies in the past.

Comments

splitthis: It’s unreal

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    gimmick apparently doesn't understand what fascism really is, and how violent suppression of "dangerous" speech is a hallmark of it.

He also apparently doesn't know much about 1960s US history, when the whole "the people gotta rise up even if it's violent" line was trotted out by idiot leftist extremists. This accomplished nothing but killing and hurting lots of innocent people, and history looks upon this radical violence as wrongheaded and dangerous.

Load Metric

I see.

So now you're at the point where you feel violent suppression of speech is the right play.

Where you come up with the now part?

I'm not the one who is confused what Antifa is and always has been.

In Europe we don't allow inciting racial hatred for a few reasons. About six million reasons to be exact. We don't believe that you can't manipulate every day citizens to do most horrible imaginable things to each other while feeling righteous about their actions. The other option would have been quite a bit more bleak. It would have involved termination of every German and Italian citizen for start. It might have extended to Finns and Austrians. We chose otherwise.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I see.

In Europe we don't allow inciting racial hatred for a few reasons. About six million reasons to be exact. We don't believe that you can't manipulate every day citizens to do most horrible imaginable things to each other while feeling righteous about their actions. The other option would have been quite a bit more bleak. It would have involved termination of every German and Italian citizen for start. It might have extended to Finns and Austrians. We chose otherwise.
    Wait so now you're using the holocaust as an example to make your point? I thought you posted something awhile back saying Jews were weak to allow it to happen?

Load Metric

Wait so now you're using the holocaust as an example to make your point? I thought you posted something awhile back saying Jews were weak to allow it to happen?
    I know it's almost impossible, but you might be mistaken.

Among other things i said to counter your argument of the wealth of Jews in USA, was unexpected consequences of antisemitism. Such as being ousted from traditional banking to investment banking. It just happened that investment banking became the most profitable sector of banking.

Oh and they didn't receive the funding to set up their own banks by being the gods chosen people or really hard work. It was wealthy European families such as the Rothchilds. Best know as jewish boogeymen. With or without Bavarian Illuminati. It really is just basic history.

Load Metric
    lol gimmick running his stupid mouth again. "I could show numbers" he says, yet never provides any, typical fascist leftist

Load Metric
    He also apparently doesn't know much about 1960s US history, when the whole "the people gotta rise up even if it's violent" line was trotted out by idiot leftist extremists.
    Same thing happened in the 1760s. And the 1860s.

Load Metric
    There is insufficient focus here on what really matters, my fucking loss of a Laksa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    He also apparently doesn't know much about 1960s US history, when the whole "the people gotta rise up even if it's violent" line was trotted out by idiot leftist extremists.
    There's that part. Also i don't know what Druff is talking about. Civil rights, Vietnam or MLK assassination it just never was a thing in any major protest movement around the time.

It was a thing in Europe around 60-70, but in US i think it was late 70 early 80 with some fringe elements. Also about the only time in 50ish years there was anything resembling left wing terrorism.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    gimmick is a gimmick. amirite.

tine obv taking the passive aggressive approach to posting now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

There's that part. Also i don't know what Druff is talking about. Civil rights, Vietnam or MLK assassination it just never was a thing in any major protest movement around the time.

It was a thing in Europe around 60-70, but in US i think it was late 70 early 80 with some fringe elements. Also about the only time in 50ish years there was anything resembling left wing terrorism.
    Again, we aren't talking about terrorism here.

In the late 60s, there were lots of violent left wing protests. Same BS excuses were trotted out defending the reasoning for the violence. "It's the only way to get through", "This country was founded on violent protest", "This is how the oppressed make change happen", etc.

There was also the same "abusive police" rhetoric, except the complaints were much less racially-based back then. Sometimes the police really were overstepping their authority and attacking peaceful protests. Other times the protests were anything but peaceful, and people cried foul when the police finally clamped down. Other times it was a mixture of both. You know... much like 2020.

There was also the same generation gap element going on as today, with the young people in 1968 really believing they were the enlightened ones who would right the wrongs committed by their ignorant parents. Today, these kids are the "boomers" derided for being responsible for the country's problems. How fitting. The generation gap issue was more prominent in the late 60s than today, because much of it had to do with opposition to the Vietnam draft. There is no such factor now.

This was also the time when a lot of more liberal cities were trying out social programs as a solution to violent crime. It was a complete failure. Crime escalated all the way through the early 90s, at which point everyone was long tired of the "let's understand the criminals and help them" strategy, and instead just wanted them locked up. That actually worked, but here we are again with the kiddies believing that trying social programs instead of policing is a novel idea.

As we've gotten farther from those days, and most adults either weren't alive or were too young to remember, we are seeing a lot of attempts to repeat the mistakes of the past.

It's not just in social issue and politics.

Look at the Uber and Airbnb revolution. Many decades ago, it was discovered that taxi services and hotels will screw people and repeatedly scam them if there isn't some sort of regulation. Then in the 2010s, the geniuses in Silicon Valley decided all of that regulatory shit was just a waste of time and money, and we could do it better by cutting out the government middleman and introduce an app as the new middleman. Now we read story after story about bad experiences, scams, and danger which could have been prevented if we didn't have the wild wild west of ride hailing and makeshift hotels. You know... it's almost like people back in the 1900s learned some things from experience, and we're undoing that.

But hey... let's take money away from already-cash-strapped law enforcement and try social programs instead because... it worked so great from the late 60s through early 90s. The record growth in violent crime was just a coincidence, I'm sure.

Load Metric

Again, we aren't talking about terrorism here.

In the late 60s, there were lots of violent left wing protests. Same BS excuses were trotted out defending the reasoning for the violence. "It's the only way to get through", "This country was founded on violent protest", "This is how the oppressed make change happen", etc.

There was also the same "abusive police" rhetoric, except the complaints were much less racially-based back then. Sometimes the police really were overstepping their authority and attacking peaceful protests. Other times the protests were anything but peaceful, and people cried foul when the police finally clamped down. Other times it was a mixture of both. You know... much like 2020.

There was also the same generation gap element going on as today, with the young people in 1968 really believing they were the enlightened ones who would right the wrongs committed by their ignorant parents. Today, these kids are the "boomers" derided for being responsible for the country's problems. How fitting. The generation gap issue was more prominent in the late 60s than today, because much of it had to do with opposition to the Vietnam draft. There is no such factor now.

This was also the time when a lot of more liberal cities were trying out social programs as a solution to violent crime. It was a complete failure. Crime escalated all the way through the early 90s, at which point everyone was long tired of the "let's understand the criminals and help them" strategy, and instead just wanted them locked up. That actually worked, but here we are again with the kiddies believing that trying social programs instead of policing is a novel idea.

As we've gotten farther from those days, and most adults either weren't alive or were too young to remember, we are seeing a lot of attempts to repeat the mistakes of the past.

It's not just in social issue and politics.

Look at the Uber and Airbnb revolution. Many decades ago, it was discovered that taxi services and hotels will screw people and repeatedly scam them if there isn't some sort of regulation. Then in the 2010s, the geniuses in Silicon Valley decided all of that regulatory shit was just a waste of time and money, and we could do it better by cutting out the government middleman and introduce an app as the new middleman. Now we read story after story about bad experiences, scams, and danger which could have been prevented if we didn't have the wild wild west of ride hailing and makeshift hotels. You know... it's almost like people back in the 1900s learned some things from experience, and we're undoing that.

But hey... let's take money away from already-cash-strapped law enforcement and try social programs instead because... it worked so great from the late 60s through early 90s. The record growth in violent crime was just a coincidence, I'm sure.
    Yea still have no idea what protests you're talking about. It's like it was the only question i asked.

Is it the uppity negroes wanting their shit? Or hippies dodging killing gooks? Or uppity negroes having their leader assinated? All of the above or maybe just pick one.

In case you're not aware, rest of the world views your governments reactions to all of the above slightly less damning as the Chinese government and Tienanmen square. Playing great all around.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff would probably have been fine with redlining and labor unions blocking Blacks from being able to join in numbers. Oh, and discrimination in public service jobs, and racist policing.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

2016 druff would've loled at the alt-right troll saying he got brain damage because someone threw a milk shake at him at a proud boys rally while they were fighting with antifa.
    No version of Druff would have approved of any group which thinks it can assault people because they disagree with them, even if it's "just throwing a milkshake".
    You're so quiet every time the right shoots up a school or drives their car into a pack of democrats but flip a shit when the left pisses on a statue.

The extremist-related murders in 2018 were overwhelmingly linked to right-wing extremists. Every one of the perpetrators had ties to at least one right-wing extremist movement, although one had recently switched to supporting Islamist extremism. White supremacists were responsible for the great majority of the killings, which is typically the case.
    Deadly shooting sprees were a major factor in the high death toll. Five of the 17 incidents involved shooting sprees that caused 38 deaths and injured 33 people.
    https://www.un.org/sc/ctc/wp-content..._Terrorism.pdf

Violence committed by right-wing extremists continues to account for most domestic terrorism in the United States, as opposed to left-wing violence, which only accounted for 3.2 percent of all domestic terrorism between 2009 and 2018.
    https://www.csis.org/ground-combatti...ht-wing-terror

look, the right posed for a picture before sending out a couple dozen bombs in the mail:
    Name:  e42e08b10cfb88c250cb05e4c6fdd170.png
Views: 453
Size:  488.0 KB

I guess its not as bad as what the right did in 1996 when it blew up that building in oklahoma.

Oh wait. I sound pretty ignorant now don't I?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Uhhh... That bombing was in 1995.
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 06-30-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Load Metric

No version of Druff would have approved of any group which thinks it can assault people because they disagree with them, even if it's "just throwing a milkshake".
    You're so quiet every time the right shoots up a school or drives their car into a pack of democrats but flip a shit when the left pisses on a statue.

The extremist-related murders in 2018 were overwhelmingly linked to right-wing extremists. Every one of the perpetrators had ties to at least one right-wing extremist movement, although one had recently switched to supporting Islamist extremism. White supremacists were responsible for the great majority of the killings, which is typically the case.
    Deadly shooting sprees were a major factor in the high death toll. Five of the 17 incidents involved shooting sprees that caused 38 deaths and injured 33 people.
    https://www.un.org/sc/ctc/wp-content..._Terrorism.pdf

Violence committed by right-wing extremists continues to account for most domestic terrorism in the United States, as opposed to left-wing violence, which only accounted for 3.2 percent of all domestic terrorism between 2009 and 2018.
    https://www.csis.org/ground-combatti...ht-wing-terror

look, the right posed for a picture before sending out a couple dozen bombs in the mail:
    Name:  e42e08b10cfb88c250cb05e4c6fdd170.png
Views: 453
Size:  488.0 KB

I guess its not as bad as what the right did in 1996 when it blew up that building in oklahoma.

Oh wait. I sound pretty ignorant now don't I?
    but it's still okay to assault people with milkshakes, right?

fucking n-word lover

Comments

Muck Ficon: Racist

Load Metric

I've been following him ever since that incident a year ago. I am not seeing any white supremacist pieces from him. He's not even white. I saw the evidence awhile back that he had some loose connection at one point to a white supremacist group. Obviously not something I approve of, and it made me think less of him personally, but most of his coverage of Antifa is factual and well-researched.

Notice that my comments are not in defense of Ngo himself, but rather about Antifa's tactics of milkshaking people (and doing much, much worse than that).

Many of those they attack do not have any white supremacist connection whatsoever.

If I went to Portland and counter-protested Antifa, do you think there's a fair chance I would get milkshaked, beaten up, or worse?
    Probably not by Antifa. Can't say too much about your fellow counter protestors.

Alt-Right and white supremacists are in a mutually agreeable affair at the moment. The traditional white supremacists get a reasonable cover and alt right gets their share of brawlers and certain legitimacy without fully committing to the cause. This is something that fine gentlemen like David Duke envisioned decades ago. I'm sure he had his eye on GOP proper, but it didn't play like that.

The most damning case for Andy Ngo is the Cider Riot brawl and related undercover footage. There no question who started the brawl, if it was planned ahead and if Andy was unaware about any of this.
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 312
Size:  2.61 MB

Load Metric
    Guessing Gimmick doesnt live in any sort of big city, and just gets his news from approved lefty sources.

The left extremists are equally as prone to violence as the right. Here in Portland, Antifa and Proud Boys are equal level assholes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Probably not by Antifa. Can't say too much about your fellow counter protestors.

Alt-Right and white supremacists are in a mutually agreeable affair at the moment. The traditional white supremacists get a reasonable cover and alt right gets their share of brawlers and certain legitimacy without fully committing to the cause. This is something that fine gentlemen like David Duke envisioned decades ago. I'm sure he had his eye on GOP proper, but it didn't play like that.

The most damning case for Andy Ngo is the Cider Riot brawl and related undercover footage. There no question who started the brawl, if it was planned ahead and if Andy was unaware about any of this.
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 312
Size:  2.61 MB
    baaammmmmm..jordan done right
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Thread Information