Thread: Top Druglord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman arrested in Mexico

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Top Druglord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman arrested in Mexico

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/22/world/...est/index.html

Even if Mexicans actually vamp up the security I still give him a good chance of breaking free again like he did back in 2001 due to how powerful the guy is.

Comments

vegas1369: Solid prediction rep.

big dick: called his shot

NaturalBornHustler: free man prediction rep

simpdog: nice prediction

Silver
    Load Metric
    Sweet. Drug war must be over.

Comments

4Dragons: you may come out of hiding now

Load Metric
    Name:  29406114.jpg
Views: 2009
Size:  176.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Even if Mexicans actually vamp up the security I still give him a good chance of breaking free again like he did back in 2001 due to how powerful the guy is.
    I can't believe they finally got him. I have been following this guy for the last decade. He will NOT escape again. He won't be able to scratch his nuts without having 500 eyes on him. They'll put him in Readaptation Center number 1. He's fucked. The bitch of it all is that there are 50 guys ready and waiting to take his place. The war on drugs is like a really big, really expensive, game of whack a mole.

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: complete fail analysis rep
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric

Does he lead the cartel that the CIA is backing? If so, he definitely gets out.

Load Metric
    Makes zero difference.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    The bitch of it all is that there are 50 guys ready and waiting to take his place. The war on drugs is like a really big, really expensive, game of whack a mole.
    The passing of the torch effect will continue on forever. Money is Power to these people especially in the shitty living conditions they are in and these guys get off on avoiding getting caught but eventually some get too big and let their guard up.

It's a sick game with all that people go through to move drugs and in some places it's practically a necessity to survive. Once someone gets involved in the game almost everywhere but especially in Mexico the only way they get out is being murdered or arrested. Even in America it's tough to get out but some people get lucky like Freeway Rick Ross did.

I only drink in life but the whole thing has always fascinated me what people will go through playing Russian Roulette with their lives to move drugs. They worship the cartel leader because they get paid by them and could be ordered to get killed anytime by them. Most is tragic but I'm intrigued to see both how they try to avoid law and how the Government/DEA combats it.

This report is from 2012 but the numbers go up every year:

Did you know....
    Amount spent annually in the U.S. on the war on drugs: More than $51,000,000,000

Number of people arrested in 2012 in the U.S. on nonviolent drug charges: 1.55 million

Number of people arrested for a marijuana law violation in 2012: 749,825

Number of those charged with marijuana law violations who were arrested for possession only: 658,231 (88 percent)

Number of Americans incarcerated in 2012 in federal, state and local prisons and jails: 2,228,400 or 1 in every 108 adults, the highest incarceration rate in the world

Proportion of people incarcerated for a drug offense in state prison that are black or Hispanic, although these groups use and sell drugs at similar rates as whites: 61 percent

Number of states that allow the medical use of marijuana: 20 + District of Columbia

Estimated annual revenue that California would raise if it taxed and regulated the sale of marijuana: $1,400,000,000

Number of people killed in Mexico's drug war since 2006: 70,000+

Number of students who have lost federal financial aid eligibility because of a drug conviction: 200,000+

Number of people in the U.S. that died from a drug overdose in 2010: 38,329

Tax revenue that drug legalization would yield annually, if currently-illegal drugs were taxed at rates comparable to those on alcohol and tobacco: $46.7 billion

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that syringe access programs lower HIV incidence among people who inject drugs by: 80 percent

One-third of all AIDS cases in the U.S. have been caused by syringe sharing: 354,000 people

U.S. federal government support for syringe access programs: $0.00, thanks to a federal ban reinstated by Congress in 2011 that prohibits any federal assistance for them

Even though it has no value to me since I don't smoke it I've always thought Marijuana shouldn't be illegal but that is whole other issue. For now it will continue on with local cities throughout the country continuing to make big money each year fining everyone they catch with some it as they have for years.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

Who knows. El Chapo has a ton of money and power. A lot of people will slip up for the right price who are on the payroll OR a Mexican authority might fear for the lives of family members so it's either find a way for the big shot in the drug game to be freed or start losing family members.

Say you were a Mexican police officer and your daughter gets kidnapped. You are told release our boss or say goodbye forever to your daughter, what do you do?

I mean that is just a basic example but you can see between money or fear why these guys find ways to break out of prison.

In this case "El Chapo" probably won't get free but just saying a lot of them do all the time in Mexico because of the cartels power.

Load Metric
    It always amazes me that these larger than life criminals still exist and flourish in the real world

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

CIA has no issues slitting your throat and switching sides.

Bronze
    Load Metric

The only way this guy doesn't walk out of prison is if the US brings him here real fast or they kill him right now. How many family members of prison officials, guards whatever do you think will get killed while he's being held. They don't fuck around in Mexico when it come to drugs (I know moon landing) and they don't fuck around when it comes to the bosses of the cartels.

I've always been fascinated by the Mexican drug cartels and gangs and the utter ruthlessness with which they go about their business. They mean business and if you crosss them you're just fucked. This shit goes way beyond Hollywood movies and what most people think.

There's a video that I won't embed here that shows what happens when you fuck up...it's a little long, in Spanish, and very graphic showing two guys that get killed by the cartels in a gruesome manner. I wouldn't go to Mexico as an American if you paid me right now especially if it appears as if I have more than 5 dollars to my name

And seriously unless you've got no problem with gruesome live video footage I wouldn't watch the following video....the Taliban has nothing on these guys

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=94f_1...&safe_mode=off

Comments

DRK Star: not going to click, but Im going to guess its the video with the chainsaw

Load Metric
    I don't usually make website referrals unless it's high-quality information, but Borderland Beat is by far the most comprehensive news site exclusively devoted to the Mexican drug cartels:

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/

Obviously Chapo's arrest is a white-hot news item over there now with five in-depth stories already written about it.

If you search hard enough you will find all the decapitation videos you can stand to watch. Mercifully the videos are well-hidden on the site with plenty of warnings.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Agreed he be out in a jiff.

Load Metric

Load Metric

Damn good call.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Maximum security prison in Mexico is shitty obviously. El Chapo clearly has a lot of people willing to cover his back and work to get him out as long as they are taken care of financially afterwards.

Now the entire nation is counting on Tyde to bring him back into custody.

Load Metric
    good article on El Chapo with some interesting takes.

http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...ug-war/398927/

an excerpt
    ===================

A few days earlier, Mexico’s most powerful drug trafficker, Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, had escaped again from one of that country’s maximum-security prisons. No one in this deeply sourced group was surprised. Nor were they particularly interested in the logistical details of the escape, although they clearly didn’t believe the version they’d heard from the Mexican government.

They were convinced it was all a deal cut at some link in the system’s chain. Our breakfast minister even thought that Chapo had likely walked out the front door of the jail, and that the whole tunnel-and-motorcycle story had been staged to make the feat sound so ingenious that the government couldn’t have foreseen it, much less stopped it.

Such an outlandish notion may not be surprising to anyone who knows anything about Mexico. But as someone who lived there for 10 years, and reported on the country almost twice that long, what surprised me were the men’s theories on why anyone in the Mexican government would have been interested in such a deal. Perhaps, I wondered aloud, Chapo had possessed information that could have incriminated senior Mexican officials in the drug trade and, rather than try him, they had agreed to turn a blind eye to his escape?
    The heads around the table shook back and forth. Chapo, they believed, had been thrown back into the drug world to—wait for it—restore order. Things have gotten that crazy.

“When I first heard the news, I thought this is either a good thing or a bad thing,” said the cartel operative. “Either this is a sign of how far things in Mexico are out of control. Or this shows that the government is willing to risk a certain amount of international embarrassment in order to restore peace for Mexican people.”

Surely I’d been out of Mexico too long, I told the table. How could anyone believe that Chapo’s escape would be good for public security?

They pointed to what’s been happening in his absence. The levels of drug violence in Mexico have begun to surge. An ascendant cartel, known as Jalisco Nueva Generacion (the New Generation Jalisco), has launched breathtaking attacks against security forces and public officials. Led by yet another ruthless killer named Nemesio “El Mencho” Oseguera Cervantes, the cartel has set up armed roadblocks to search cars driving into and out of some of the most important cities in central Mexico, in order to keep out its rivals. And when authorities have attempted to stop the organization’s members, they’ve fought back with some serious firepower. A spectacular rocket attack earlier this year downed a military helicopter, and a rampage against Mexican police left 15 officers dead in a day.

Chapo, my breakfast companions said, was forged in the early years of the drug war. He was old-school. And for all his lunacy and willingness to do whatever it took to build his empire, he had been a kind of mitigating force—killing when he was betrayed, but staying away as much as possible from attacks against the government as long as the government allowed his business to operate. If he were allowed to get back to business, the breakfast bunch said, he’d take care of El Mencho—most likely in a spate of violence that, while painful, would be quietly treated by Mexican authorities as a necessary evil. And whichever cartel leaders remained standing would be much weakened.

Thread Information