Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: breaking bad ending

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    breaking bad the movie is going to break box office records...i see area 51, aliens and a cameo from david ducovny

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    breaking bad the movie is going to break box office records...i see area 51, aliens and a cameo from david ducovny
    Wrong Hank.

Name:  cali3_posterb.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  264.9 KB
    Last edited by 4Dragons; 09-09-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Load Metric
    I also like how Walt goes above and beyond to cover his tracks during the entire series, then leaves the only book that can implicate him in the whole thing sitting on the back of his shitter in plain sight for his DEA brother in law to find.

Goes through the trouble of killing multiple people in prison at different locations within a minute time frame, but leaves a book from the man he had killed sitting in one of the only places Hank could find it. Walt knew his book from Gale was inscribed with the "W.W." reference, and he knew Hank had seen a similar "W.W." reference in Gale's journal because Hank brought it up with him, and Walt said it stood for Walt Whitman. Solid writing.

I just can't believe so many people are buying this nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    maybe they just cut to black

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

I actually loved this ending because I thought it was David Chase giving a big fuck you to all the bloodthirsty Sopranos fans that wanted to see Tony's death. However if you follow the series and watch the clues that are there, many times you see that the mobsters/people who get whacked never see it coming (with a few obvious exceptions like Big Pussy, Ralph, Adriana etc), so since we see through Tony's eyes guess what? We never see it coming. Brilliant in how it pissed off people, great trolling of America David Chase. Perfect way to end it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

I actually loved this ending because I thought it was David Chase giving a big fuck you to all the bloodthirsty Sopranos fans that wanted to see Tony's death. However if you follow the series and watch the clues that are there, many times you see that the mobsters/people who get whacked never see it coming (with a few obvious exceptions like Big Pussy, Ralph, Adriana etc), so since we see through Tony's eyes guess what? We never see it coming. Brilliant in how it pissed off people, great trolling of America David Chase. Perfect way to end it.
    I agree completely. He built the end into the story way back with Big Pussy. It's much better than an ending like on Seinfeld where they couldn't really seem to know what to do.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

Was a great way to end the series. Perfect way to give every fan what they want, without having to actually give any of them anything. People can debate about the "clues" that Chase left. What they mean, what they don't mean. But in the end, since we never see what happens, it's whatever we want it to be. If Chase wanted it to be cut and dry that Tony died, he would have shown it. He obviously didn't want that. He would have pissed off half his fans that wanted Tony to live. This way he doesn't have to piss anybody off. In my mind, Tony keeps doing his thing for the next 50 years and dies in his backyard standing over his grill. If you want to think him dead as soon as the screen goes black, that can work too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    I loved the Sopranos ending as well but the truth is, most shows end poorly.

Other than the cut to black, I can't think of a single show with a truly satisfying ending. It's just not a medium that closes it out well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Other than the cut to black, I can't think of a single show with a truly satisfying ending. It's just not a medium that closes it out well.
    I thought that the final episode of The Shield was fairly well done. I was a big fan of Scrubs and I liked their finale too until ABC sullied it by doing the Med School season.

Comments

zealanddonk: +Shied Rep

Banned
    Load Metric
    Well, I'm playing catch up compared to all of you in the thread right now I'm paused on season 5 ep 3 and I just wanted to mention a scene that just occurred that could be a reveal for the end game.

After Marie witnesses Skyler's mental break down at the car wash (screaming shut up over and over), she presumably takes her home and the next scene is of Walt coming home and finding Marie. He tells Marie about the affair Skyler was having and that being a possible reason for her break down, Marie leaves distraught after being told about the affair and Walt walks into the kitchen, he turns to a fruit bowl and grabs an apple and takes a big bite out of it. The reason why I found this interesting is because a lot of shows/movies lift from the godfather "orange" scene, in the trilogy it represents death or someone soon to die.

The very next scene is of Skyler waking up to what at the time seemed to be Walt Jr playing COD, when she walks into the living room it's Walt and Walt Jr watching Scarface (another Pacino movie). Walt belts out laughter while saying "Everyone dies in this movie"

I'm not saying this IS the reveal but possibly, they could have also just been having fun with it but dropping the apple (apple a day keeps the doctor away) vs The Godfather orange = death and immediately layering it with another Pacino movie with Walt laughing about how everyone dies is something I found kind of interesting.

Sorry for being a fucking nerd in advance.

Comments

Sanlmar: Lew gettin all poetic

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I thought that the final episode of The Shield was fairly well done. I was a big fan of Scrubs and I liked their finale too until ABC sullied it by doing the Med School season.
    Oh man the look on Ronnie's face when he realized what was going on broke my fucking heart. Fucking Vic and all of his fucking talk and he just sells dude down the river.....goddamn that pissed me off. At least give him a sack full of cash and some lead time so he can live it up down Mayhico way. Fucking prick

Anal, I will disagree with you on the ending of sopranos, I just think it was Tony's last meal. All of the talk about how there was only one way to end up in the life, the dude in the weird Member's Only jacket, him sitting down with his family, us never seeing him get hit, all of the people that he's killed who never saw it coming. Obviously there were a lot of ambiguous moments on the sopranos but his last sitdown didn't seem to be one for me.

But to each his own and in the end you are correct, they don't explicitly show him getting his brains blown out so it is whatever you want it to be.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    As for The Shield, the dvd has the final 2 episodes as distinct episodes, and to me the 2nd to last episode was much better than the last.

Comments

nunbeater: agreed, the look on the ICE agent's face as Vic confesses is also fucking priceless
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric

Comments

Sanlmar: Heard here first

Load Metric
    AMC greenlighted it. As long as Vince is writing it it should be really good.

The Sopranos ending fuckin sucked. It was horrible. I think BB should go to black the same way and then come back on to some epic shit.

Just curious if Im the only one who wants Walt to kill Hank and everyone else. It seems like everyone is like I want Hank to take down Walt. Fuck that I want hank to get shot the fuck up, and Walt to fuck his wife.

Load Metric
    Sopranos ending wasn't that bad assuming that the writers meant for it to cause rampant speculation and carry on the legacy of the show. I was more disappointed by the end of Entourage because they set up either an Ari series or a movie and have not followed through with either one. They are still better than getting left hanging when a series gets cancelled and leaves off on a story lead in like Heroes did.

Add the Black Donnelly's to the list that left off in a big spot after getting cancelled. It had a chance to be a great show, but NBC pulled it off air half way through the first season and later released the complete series on dvd.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    time to get bettercallsaul.net and throw up some adsense on it. you can get 10 bucks a click

Thread Information