View Poll Results: Did Caesar's shit the bed, or am I being a difficult Jew?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Caesar's shit the bed

3 6.12%
  • I'm being a difficult Jew

32 65.31%
  • Both

12 24.49%
  • Don't know or care

2 4.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Caesars shit the bed, or am I being a difficult Jew?

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

If I am way out of line with all of this, ship me $390 on Paypal and I will send them to you, and you will make a sweet $10 profit!
    I would have an investment of $390 if I did that. Did you know that you would get a $400 gift card when you worked so hard to become 7*? sounds like it is a nice bonus that you are complaining about.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    You should also realize that you will never get an unbiased opinion from people on here. The same story from someone else might result in a completely different reaction. I mean, some people voted "Difficult Jew" without even reading your post.
    The same story from anyone else would yield the same results. It's the shitting in babies r us and going to upper management after a difficult shit/complaining about tomatoes at a chain sandwich spot/ complaining that pumping 50$ worth of comped gas twice that gets a bit over jewy. I realize he is a professional comp whore and angles everything in terms of EV but its getting ridiculous.

I like reading about it though. Druff is something else.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    You should also realize that you will never get an unbiased opinion from people on here. The same story from someone else might result in a completely different reaction. I mean, some people voted "Difficult Jew" without even reading your post.
    The same story from anyone else would yield the same results. It's the shitting in babies r us and going to upper management after a difficult shit/complaining about tomatoes at a chain sandwich spot/ complaining that pumping 50$ worth of comped gas twice that gets a bit over jewy. I realize he is a professional comp whore and angles everything in terms of EV but its getting ridiculous.

I like reading about it though. Druff is something else.
    I completely disagree. It's nearly impossible for any medium/long term member to click on this thread without having preconceived opinions/thoughts about Todds Customer Service issues. The fact that you bring up multiple past examples only proves this point. Some of his pizza/tomato nonsense is just that, nonsense. But now anytime he brings up something that might be valid, people have already decided it's just "Todd being Todd." He is smart enough to realize this, so maybe he just gets off on it. Maybe he enjoys being called a moneygrubbing Jew cocksucker. I don't know.

But these boards have always had a mob mentality. Once one or two people start in, the floodgates open for the knuckledraggers to pile on. I'd say there are only about ten or so members here who have informed opinions, and are capable of expressing them in a coherent fashion. The rest are shaved apes who just poorly regurgitate what the 10 intelligent members have already covered more comprehensively and concisely.

Todd should really consider making this the new PFA logo-

Name:  KnuckleDragger.png
Views: 2562
Size:  40.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    I think you have a legit gripe here. Bottom line is as a company you treat your VIP's as just that, VIP's. This means you don't cause them any sort of inconveniences, no matter how small they may be, and if you do then you should bend over backwards to make things right. This is the largest problem with customer service nowadays IMO... Large companies mostly take the "fuck you, take your business elsewhere if you don't like the way we do things, there are plenty of fish in the sea" kind of approach.

I can tell you first hand from an employees perspective, Caesars is easily the worst run large scale company in Las Vegas. They treat their employees like complete shit, and it all trickles down to the customer. Shame they own practically half the strip.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Good God STFU and take the 8 gifts cards.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    This is a bigger pain in the ass than you guys are realizing.

At first I thought like you. "Oh, no problem, I'll have plenty of occasions to use these cards for smaller purchases, no biggie!"

Then I reconsidered and realized what a pain in the ass this is going to be.

First off, you need to register each of the eight cards on the website. This takes time. It especially takes a lot of time when you multiply it by eight. I should only have to do this once.

Second, there's a matter of keeping track of the cards -- which I've used, which I haven't. Again, pain in the ass.

Third, obviously I can't carry around 8 prepaid Visas, so I have to keep swapping them in and out of my wallet every time I use one up. Again, pain in the ass.

Fourth, you say to get gas with them. I don't know where you guys are filling up, but I can never fill up for $50 anymore. So I need to either partially fill or pay twice. Again, pain in the ass.

I should not have to do all of this because of Caesar's incompetence.

If I am way out of line with all of this, ship me $390 on Paypal and I will send them to you, and you will make a sweet $10 profit!
    I'll take them for $350 as per my previous post.
    I voted both on the poll, and this ^^ is basically why.

I won't send you $390 for the cards, as the $10 profit isn't worth the time spent IMO. $50 would be worth it for me, as it would be for Simpdog as well. I would send you $390 for 1 $400 card though. So eh...I see both points here.

I would compare this situation to if I lost a $400 bet with you, and paid you in quarters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

I'll take them for $350 as per my previous post.
    I voted both on the poll, and this ^^ is basically why.

I won't send you $390 for the cards, as the $10 profit isn't worth the time spent IMO. $50 would be worth it for me, as it would be for Simpdog as well. I would send you $390 for 1 $400 card though. So eh...I see both points here.

I would compare this situation to if I lost a $400 bet with you, and paid you in quarters.
    I voted both as well. Exactly same logic. He's being difficult and Caesars Micon'd the bed.

Load Metric
    They're debit cards, right? Couldn't you just take them to the cage and cash them? Or, as I remember, some rebate cards gave you the option of transferring the amount to a bank account when registering--I think Verizon rebate/debit cards allowed you to to do this.

Gift/rebate cards in general are a pain. You make a purchase with one and have some odd little amount left on them. I can't tell how many of these cards I've left money on them--for one reason or another. The companies who issue them count on this. The gas station idea is the best one that I hadn't thought of before.

Ballin'
    Load Metric
    Why don't you take the 8 gift cards to a supermarket, gas station or mall and use them to buy a $400 gift card there. You could use it at subway as well and buy gift cards for free rolls in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    Happy Roshashana Druff.. The whole gift card fiasco is God making you atone for and deal with your Jewiness

Load Metric
    Still not as bad as what the Tampa Hard Rock did. They had a promo where if you played 20 hours of poker in a week you got a $150 visa gift card. Pretty good deal, right? Well, either 6 or 12 months later they ran the same promo. Except instead of having all new cards, they had some of the older cards. And after 12 months you get a $2.50/mo service charge. So they were giving out cards that had less than the full value on them because of these service charges, and you had to spend them quick otherwise you'd keep getting hit with the $2.50/mo charge.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    haha I did exactly that, then went and read the post and realized I had made the right call.

Load Metric
    Name:  tumblr_magis5GyeI1rsefv8o1_r1_400.jpg
Views: 1946
Size:  34.4 KB

Name:  if-you-havin-jew-problems-i-feel-bad-for-you-son-i-got-99-problems-but-jheron-aint-one.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  31.2 KB

Load Metric
    If you only had to register the cards once, I would say you are a difficult jew. Since you have to register 8 cards I think you have a legitimate gripe. That being said I would never complain over this.
    Last edited by donkeykilla; 09-06-2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thanks to a certain PFA user for sending me $390 on Paypal.

I will send you the cards shortly. Please e-mail me the address you want them sent.

He can identify himself if he wants.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW I started this thread more for lulz, and fully expected the reaction I'm getting from most of you here.

But I also believe everything I wrote about the situation.

This is one of those spots where it's a lot more inconvenient than it looks on the surface.

You get eight $50 gift cards and think, "Oh, no problem, I can think of a million uses for these!", but when it comes down to registering them, keeping track of the balances on each card, having to buy things more than $50, etc, you find that they're a constant source of frustration.

The bottom line is that this is inexcusable for Caesar's. They should just stock the proper amount of large value cards, and this won't happen. They have tons of these promotions, so it's not like they'll go to waste.

Also, this isn't free money. Nothing is free in Vegas, aside from those "new card signup" promos.

Ballin'
    Load Metric
    BTW I started this thread more for lulz, and fully expected the reaction I'm getting from most of you here.

But I also believe everything I wrote about the situation.

This is one of those spots where it's a lot more inconvenient than it looks on the surface.

You get eight $50 gift cards and think, "Oh, no problem, I can think of a million uses for these!", but when it comes down to registering them, keeping track of the balances on each card, having to buy things more than $50, etc, you find that they're a constant source of frustration.

The bottom line is that this is inexcusable for Caesar's. They should just stock the proper amount of large value cards, and this won't happen. They have tons of these promotions, so it's not like they'll go to waste.

Also, this isn't free money. Nothing is free in Vegas, aside from those "new card signup" promos.

Are you saying your a life time pit games loser? You make it sound like you beat the house, therefore other than time, the $400 is free????

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I voted for being a difficult Jew with a blind read. I will read the thread now and correct or comment as appropriate.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Name:  Jeff-Garlin-2.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  86.2 KB

Load Metric
    You can go to Target and ask for a $400 visa card and then just smash the cashier's face with the 8 cards and she'll scan them all and combine them. I'm also in the market for a TV so I'll probably just get a TV and then smash the cashier. You should have my address from when you sent me a check, but I'll PM it again. Thanks

Comments

chinamaniac: nh
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Thread Information