Thread: Congratulations! Zero workplace accidents in 6 months! Here is a free watch...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Congratulations! Zero workplace accidents in 6 months! Here is a free watch...

As you can tell, this was given to VONS employees, as a token of appreciation for keeping accident-free for 6 months.

The idiotic thing is the obnoxious VONS branding on the watch, ensuring nobody is going to ever wear it outside of work.

The person who sent me this picture works at the deli in VONS, so they can't even wear it at work, as watches are forbidden in that department.

Why not just give away a watch without branding, which people might actually want to wear?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

As you can tell, this was given to VONS employees, as a token of appreciation for keeping accident-free for 6 months.

The idiotic thing is the obnoxious VONS branding on the watch, ensuring nobody is going to ever wear it outside of work.

The person who sent me this picture works at the deli in VONS, so they can't even wear it at work, as watches are forbidden in that department.

Why not just give away a watch without branding, which people might actually want to wear?
    OMG Druff...you have been out of the corporate world too long

the watch is meant to be worn only at company meetings, where proper brown nosing has all kinds of dress code and behavoir norms

Safeway Inc is especially strick about stuff like this and Steven Burd has spys everywhere
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 08-09-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    LOL, I love not just the VONS label, but also the tagline underneath about safety.

I have a friend who works for New Seasons (local, indie, organic type supermarket) and for that same type of program, they throw down $100 towards new shoes through a certain company (cant remember which shoe maker). So you could get new work shoes, or something for yourself for outside if you wanted.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Because it's nothing more than free advertising disguised as a gift. This isn't uncommon. Every company watch/gift I have ever seen has been bukkaked with the company logo. They get to give you a gift without actually having to give you a gift. I can't imagine it would be too difficult to change the dial. But it looks like a cheap watch anyway, so why bother? I'd tell your friend to toss the watch in the garbage and go steal a shitload of chicken strips and corndogs.

Comments

nunbeater: cant go wrong with chicken strips and corn dogs

rickastley: have you ever been involved in a bukkake?

BetCheckBet: man who has held a real job

Sanlmar: +1 career counseling.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Thread Information