Thread: Oh hi what in the fuck just happened in Texas?

Load Metric

Oh hi what in the fuck just happened in Texas?

WEST, Texas — A large explosion rocked the town of West, Texas, 19 miles north of Waco, on Wednesday evening.

A source told KVUE's sister station WFAA that a large swath of the small town with a population of 2,800 has been leveled.

The blast around 8 p.m. was at the West Fertilizer plant at 1471 Jerry Mashek Drive, about a half-mile east of Interstate 35.

Shortly before 10 p.m., a dispatcher was advising emergency crews to move away from the burning plant due to concern about chemicals in unexploded tanks.

A triage center that was set up at the West High School football field was evacuated because of its proximity to the burning plant.

"There was a huge shock wave," said Mark Licknovsky who works at the Czech Stop, less than one mile away on Interstate 35. "That's when we knew something was serious."

Every house within four blocks of the facility was heavily damaged, according to initial reports.

"I can see heavy smoke here; there are emergency crews everywhere," said WFAA Todd Unger as he arrived in the devastated town. "We're looking at a home and it is a total loss. There are flames shooting up 10-15 feet."

The Texas Department of Public Safety confirmed there were multiple injuries. No accurate count was available.

An emergency dispatcher appealed for more more help. "I need anybody and everybody," she said.

At least 10 structures are on fire in the town, including a school which is next door to the plant.

Rescue vehicles from North Texas agencies were racing to the scene on I-35.

Everyone in the community has been asked to evacuate. Schools in West will be closed on Thursday and Friday.

The American Red Cross said teams from Dallas-Fort Worth and Austin will be coordinating with emergency officials in West to provide any needed assistance to town residents who will need help. The Red Cross was attempting to identify a location to set up a shelter for evacuees.

A shock wave from the explosion may have been felt in parts of North Texas and mistaken for an earthquake.

"I live in Groesbeck," wrote Rayne Sibley on WFAA's Facebook page. "I heard a large boom and my house shook."

Facebook users in Venus, Grandview, Cleburne, Ennis and Ferris also reported feeling the shock wave.

"Shook my doors!" wrote Nancy Procaccini of Combine. "Thought it was earthquake!"

Traffic on I-35 was backed up for miles. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes to make room for emergency traffic.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    See the Boston Bombing thread. I was listening to the Police Radio and it was pretty interesting.

Strong 30 mile winds making it a good possibility another tank could blow up. At least 60 people killed.

Live Local TV Feed:
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/live-video/

Keep in mind this town has only 2,700 residents when you look at this pic. That is the high school/staging area.

They are a regular highway stop for Texans because of their famous kolaches.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/czech-stop-a...-bakery-west-2

Load Metric

Give it 30 seconds.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm sure anyone jumps the gun right now and respectively so after the Boston incident on Monday.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Give it 30 seconds.
    What an idiot. One thing to sit there on your own, but to be with his kid...

***Not Giggling***

Load Metric

Give it 30 seconds.
    "I can't hear anything dad! I can't hear anything dad!"

Probably because you blew your eardums kid. Brilliant idea stopping to film an explosion of unknown origins with your kid in the car. Thanks dad!
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Give it 30 seconds.
    I was just going to post this. Here is a slow mo version. The conspiracy boys already saying that is a missile coming in from the left. The plant also has Monsanto connections.
    http://www.kwkt.com/news/caught-came...sion-near-waco

They just had a guest on the local TV saying that she had talked to the owner of another fertilizer plant. He told her this is one of the few fertilizer companies that still sells ammonium nitrate. Ammonium nitrate was used in the Oklahoma City and Oslo bombings. He said that since the OKC bombing the government has made it tough to sell. You have to have to have a very large insurance policy. The truck drivers have to have background checks and extra insurance. Too much of a hassle.

"The Texas City disaster was the deadliest industrial accident in U.S. history. The incident took place on April 16, 1947, and began with a mid-morning fire on board the French-registered vessel SS Grandcamp which was docked in the Port of Texas City. The fire detonated approximately 2,300 tons of ammonium nitrate[1] and the resulting chain reaction of fires and explosions killed at least 581 people, including all but one member of the Texas City fire department.[2] These events also triggered the first ever class action lawsuit against the United States government, under the then-recently enacted Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), on behalf of 8,485 victims."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_City_disaster
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_nitrate

Load Metric
    Fertilizer plants do not just blow up like this. The timing makes it more curious. Seems that big explosion happened after some were arriving on scene, most likely making it much worse. Crazy shit going down, right here on our home turf.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Fertilizer plants do not just blow up like this. The timing makes it more curious. Seems that big explosion happened after some were arriving on scene, most likely making it much worse. Crazy shit going down, right here on our home turf.
    Yeah. They kinda do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_nitrate_disasters
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Yeah. They kinda do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_nitrate_disasters
    Yea I know, seen a wild one on Tru TV not long ago, the timing is just crazy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post
    See the Boston Bombing thread.

Right off the bat your plan has some design concepts that just dont work for me.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Give it 30 seconds.
    The conspiracy boys already saying that is a missile coming in from the left.
    Wasn't one of his targets Austin?
    Maybe they just missed,
    Name:  no korea.JPG
Views: 821
Size:  47.4 KB

IMO, I'd be surprised if this was terror.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    See the Boston Bombing thread.

Right off the bat your plan has some design concepts that just dont work for me.
    I agree, but when I made my first post about it I didn't know it would be such a big deal. It was just a 3 sentence blub on CNN.com.

The police scanner had some weird shit on it earlier when things were full blown crazy. Someone called in and was complaining their landlord was harassing her friends. You could here the police and dispatchers voices dripping with a bitch please attitude. Don't you know what is going on.

There were several other drunk guy Jewdonk type calls they got while the town was on fire.

goddamnit tine I'm literally cooking tater tots right now because you posted a pic of sonic

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

I agree, but when I made my first post about it I didn't know it would be such a big deal. It was just a 3 sentence blub on CNN.com.

The police scanner had some weird shit on it earlier when things were full blown crazy. Someone called in and was complaining their landlord was harassing her friends. You could here the police and dispatchers voices dripping with a bitch please attitude. Don't you know what is going on.

There were several other drunk guy Jewdonk type calls they got while the town was on fire.
    rofl now these are my types of details.

also im betting the families of the sand rubes who blew up the fertilizer plant and the boston marathon got paid fat sacks of north korean loot.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    "They said the fire started in Waco because of lightening. I find that a bit odd and too big of a coincidence myself.
    Not saying we are "under attack" but it seems pretty weird to have explosions in both Waco and Oklahoma city, both caused by lighting, two days before the anniversaries of the tragedies that happen in each place"

Lucky they were able to put it out before the big secondary explosion.

Lightning Strike Ignites Fire At Tank Battery In NE OKC
    Posted: Apr 17, 2013 11:34 PM EDT

"OKLAHOMA CITY -

A lightning strike ignited a fire at a tank battery near NE 4th and Bryant Ave. in Oklahoma City, Wednesday night.

As of 11 p.m. Wednesday, crews had the fire contained.

A square mile around the scene, from NE 4th and Bryant to NE 10th and Martin Luther King Blvd., had to be evacuated as the large fire, despite all of the rain, continued to burn in the direction of a propane tank. Some residents have been allowed back to their homes.

The deputy fire chief for the Amber Fire Department says that there are a number of flammable chemicals inside and firefighters managed to successfully douse the fire with foam.

In all, about 23 people in all had to be evacuated."
    http://www.news9.com/story/22008602/...tery-in-ne-okc

Load Metric
    Paging Gamblebot?
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    gamble actually moved near me (where i was) in long island.

Banned
    Load Metric
    stronggggg fuckin' island

it must be tough driving lambo's in the snow though?

Load Metric
    the science was seriously too tight.

Thread Information