Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poker room info, MAP fail, cure for dandruff, and possible prop bet for y'all - photos included

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdwst Hstlr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    Ummm... wow. You'd rather hack off a piece of your body than pay for custom made shoes? Really?

http://www.vme.net/spaceshoe/

DUH?
    Do you have a pair of these? Do you know how much they are(I don't see any prices on there site)?
    cut the toe.

Those shoes are fugly
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Got any after pics?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    I always thought the pinky toe was pretty crucial to balance. Cleatus, am I misinformed?
    It's super important - more so than the other toes. Removing it will cause a shitload of problems all the way up the ankle, leg and in the spine. The body is designed to be weight bearing on the two outer toes, tensegrity etc. Cutting it off because you were too stupid to buy custom shoes would be like chopping off your nose to eliminate a bad smell.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    Watch this vid... It briefly touches on this topic.

Load Metric
    Vwls, you live in a metro area of almost 3 million peeps, right. Without using the internet find a custom shoe maker that is both convenient and affordable in your area, custom usually means a face to face meeting. Mail order is not custom. Semi custom prescription glasses are the norm, custom shoes are rare. My point is that I think "stupid" is a little strong for not buying custom shoes.

I believe the companies that make these shoes send you a kit, which you use to make an exact mold of your feet. You then mail that back and they construct the shoes using the mold. It can't get any more precise than that - the only difference between going in person and doing it this way is the down time waiting for the mail times. I agree with you that it is not reasonably priced, but for something as important as comfort when walking, which is requisite to living, I'd say budget for it... Do the research and find a company that has a good reputation for doing it right and is not over the top of the given price range. You might also check through your local Craigslist to see if there is anyone making shoes with custom molds in your area as a side business or out of their homes. Although there are some scams on Craigslist, there are also a lot of legit good deals.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    It's super important - more so than the other toes. Removing it will cause a shitload of problems all the way up the ankle, leg and in the spine. The body is designed to be weight bearing on the two outer toes, tensegrity etc. Cutting it off because you were too stupid to buy custom shoes would be like chopping off your nose to eliminate a bad smell.
    Thanks for the tensegrity mention. Interesting stuff. This was the most relevant paper I could quickly find. I didn't find tensegrity concepts applied to phalanx function, in fact the elbow joint was the only synovial hinge joint I saw connected to tensegrity. By no degree do I claim to understand all this info but the abstract, intro, tensegrity, discussion and conclusion sections are fairly straight forward. http://www.tensegrityinbiology.co.uk/articles/elbow

Tensegrity applied to a multi-axial hinge with multiple ligaments and muscles such as the elbow is reasonable, but surgeries based on older concepts of joint function are performed everyday. The simplest tensegrity structure requires 3 compression struts and 9 tension cables. The 4 smaller toes have 3 phalanges and 2 ligaments each. The ligaments attach to the distal phalanges, 1 ligament on top and 1 on the bottom. It will be interesting to read a paper explaining how these simple structures integrate into a larger tensegrity structure.

What is your source to claim the outer two toes are super important for balance and other problems to come? The diameter of the 5th metatarsal clearly indicates that it will carry more weight than 2nd, 3rd and 4th metatarsal while the 1st metatarsal provides both the majority of propulsion and weight carrying ability. Mine own unproven hypothesis is that the smallest toe carries and transfers very little weight to the 5th metatarsal. This hypothesis is based on two realities. 1. The shape of the intermediate phalanx, disc-aspirin like, in this toe causes the distal phalanx to curl under when the bottom ligament tightens as it would when weight carrying proprioception reactions occur. This curling is ineffective at transferring weight through the intermediate and proximal phalanges to the 5th metatarsal. The three middle toes all have longer intermediate phalanges which facilitate the transfer of weight to their metatarsals. 2. The surface area of the bottom of the smallest toe is a small percentage of the total foot surface area. I will come to know if the loss of this percentage of surface area is problematic. I'm betting that the enlarged head of the 5th metatarsal will be sufficient to maintain balance and carry weight. Now I will enjoy a beer and knowingly destroy some percentage of my brain cells. jk i don't drink
    The entire body is a "tensegrity structure." Here from the article on the elbow:

"Connective tissues mechanically integrate local and distantly related components into a single functional unit while proprioceptive sensors neurally influence motor activity; both control joint dynamics..."

The fact that tensional structures such as ligaments and fascia in general are contiguous suggests that no one thing in the human body can be understood in terms of its bio-mechanical contribution by itself.

Consistent with this model, the little toes actually form part of the most powerful side of the foot, the lateral or receptive side, which manages impact forces and guides the body from and back into the air. At normal walking speeds the bigger toes makes a smaller, but nonetheless important contribution to the reception/propulsion cycle.

The larger medial side of the fore-foot functions like the roof of a house, causing the foot to slant laterally, insuring the collaboration of the lateral foot during take off and landing. Although fitting with Kapanji's assumption that size indicates load capacity, this concept does not fit with the tensegrity model, where the sum of the whole is greater. Kapanji made the same mistake regarding the knee, and his seminal work was so influential that it was assumed until recent testing demonstrated that most of the weight in a well aligned knee is laterally biased, and that even the fibula is load bearing.

Once again, the entire leg is related and all of the participants in this complex share load distribution.

One could claim that the little toe is redundant. Although natural systems build redundancy into their body plans, this does not mean that the redundant parts are expendable, merely that they serve many cross over functions, and fill in for each other in a pinch. Removing them willfully removes these options.

Observing the relationship of the lateral and medial foot, we can see that most of the medial foot reposes on the lateral one, and that the main architectural support-offer is formulated first by the lateral foot. How then is it possible to presume that removing some aspect of this structure will not negatively impact it's weight bearing potential, or remove its options for the as yet unexplored?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post

Thanks for the tensegrity mention. Interesting stuff. This was the most relevant paper I could quickly find. I didn't find tensegrity concepts applied to phalanx function, in fact the elbow joint was the only synovial hinge joint I saw connected to tensegrity. By no degree do I claim to understand all this info but the abstract, intro, tensegrity, discussion and conclusion sections are fairly straight forward. http://www.tensegrityinbiology.co.uk/articles/elbow

Tensegrity applied to a multi-axial hinge with multiple ligaments and muscles such as the elbow is reasonable, but surgeries based on older concepts of joint function are performed everyday. The simplest tensegrity structure requires 3 compression struts and 9 tension cables. The 4 smaller toes have 3 phalanges and 2 ligaments each. The ligaments attach to the distal phalanges, 1 ligament on top and 1 on the bottom. It will be interesting to read a paper explaining how these simple structures integrate into a larger tensegrity structure.

What is your source to claim the outer two toes are super important for balance and other problems to come? The diameter of the 5th metatarsal clearly indicates that it will carry more weight than 2nd, 3rd and 4th metatarsal while the 1st metatarsal provides both the majority of propulsion and weight carrying ability. Mine own unproven hypothesis is that the smallest toe carries and transfers very little weight to the 5th metatarsal. This hypothesis is based on two realities. 1. The shape of the intermediate phalanx, disc-aspirin like, in this toe causes the distal phalanx to curl under when the bottom ligament tightens as it would when weight carrying proprioception reactions occur. This curling is ineffective at transferring weight through the intermediate and proximal phalanges to the 5th metatarsal. The three middle toes all have longer intermediate phalanges which facilitate the transfer of weight to their metatarsals. 2. The surface area of the bottom of the smallest toe is a small percentage of the total foot surface area. I will come to know if the loss of this percentage of surface area is problematic. I'm betting that the enlarged head of the 5th metatarsal will be sufficient to maintain balance and carry weight. Now I will enjoy a beer and knowingly destroy some percentage of my brain cells. jk i don't drink
    The entire body is a "tensegrity structure." Here from the article on the elbow:

"Connective tissues mechanically integrate local and distantly related components into a single functional unit while proprioceptive sensors neurally influence motor activity; both control joint dynamics..."

The fact that tensional structures such as ligaments and fascia in general are contiguous suggests that no one thing in the human body can be understood in terms of its bio-mechanical contribution by itself.

Consistent with this model, the little toes actually form part of the most powerful side of the foot, the lateral or receptive side, which manages impact forces and guides the body from and back into the air. At normal walking speeds the bigger toes makes a smaller, but nonetheless important contribution to the reception/propulsion cycle.

The larger medial side of the fore-foot functions like the roof of a house, causing the foot to slant laterally, insuring the collaboration of the lateral foot during take off and landing. Although fitting with Kapanji's assumption that size indicates load capacity, this concept does not fit with the tensegrity model, where the sum of the whole is greater. Kapanji made the same mistake regarding the knee, and his seminal work was so influential that it was assumed until recent testing demonstrated that most of the weight in a well aligned knee is laterally biased, and that even the fibula is load bearing.

Once again, the entire leg is related and all of the participants in this complex share load distribution.

One could claim that the little toe is redundant. Although natural systems build redundancy into their body plans, this does not mean that the redundant parts are expendable, merely that they serve many cross over functions, and fill in for each other in a pinch. Removing them willfully removes these options.

Observing the relationship of the lateral and medial foot, we can see that most of the medial foot reposes on the lateral one, and that the main architectural support-offer is formulated first by the lateral foot. How then is it possible to presume that removing some aspect of this structure will not negatively impact it's weight bearing potential, or remove its options for the as yet unexplored?
    You should probably stop trying to use logic and reason. The guy is obviously batshit fucking crazy. No sane person tries to chop off their toe with a hammer and chisel. Guy is fucking looney tunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    I know but this is really bothering me - I may have spoken too late. Or maybe there was no chance at any point to change his mind, but he seems to be willing to read up on it... at least now?

I think I will now have a drink and kill some brain cells... try to forget about someone trying to butcher their feet.

Load Metric
    I know but this is really bothering me - I may have spoken too late. Or maybe there was no chance at any point to change his mind, but he seems to be willing to read up on it... at least now?

I think I will now have a drink and kill some brain cells... try to forget about someone trying to butcher their feet.
    You weren't gonna change his mind. The fact that he seemed oblivious to your questions and concerns AFTER he had already attempted it, shows he never really knew what the fuck he was doing. Like you said, he seems to be interested in the info AFTER he already tried it. Any sane person would have, I don't know, googled a few things before they tried to chisel off their toe.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    You weren't gonna change his mind. The fact that he seemed oblivious to your questions and concerns AFTER he had already attempted it, shows he never really knew what the fuck he was doing. Like you said, he seems to be interested in the info AFTER he already tried it. Any sane person would have, I don't know, googled a few things before they tried to chisel off their toe.
    I'm too lazy to read this thread with walls of text so did he really chisel his toe off or actually try to do so? If he did he's confirmed batshit crazy.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I hear there's someone with a spare that might be able to help out

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    How's it look now?

Banned
    Load Metric
    I don't know what to say other than Cleatus was likely dead balls serious about tracking down Jewdonk during Las Vegas: Warrantgate

Load Metric
    wtf is going on here? what is wrong with this guys feet? did he cut his fkn toe off?

I give pedicures cleatus stop by i wield a foot file better than a small asian, you have some nasty calluses

My life has been greatly enriched as a result of joining this community

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by joseythepussycat View Post
    wtf is going on here? what is wrong with this guys feet? did he cut his fkn toe off?

I give pedicures cleatus stop by i wield a foot file better than a small asian, you have some nasty calluses

He's obviously going to expect a discount on the pedicure.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: HOF

nunbeater: 10% rep

Load Metric
    The part that warms my heart the most is the moment Cleatus set down the hammer and chisel so he could snap a picture of his new half toe.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric

What would be more fun for you? Eating out a somewhat chunky lesbian or sucking off a hot chick that happened to have a penis?

Load Metric
    I missed this at the time. I don't think Cleatus is savvy enough to level here.

If the community could raise the scratch to buy this poor, broke man a new motorized scooter surely a pair of custom shoes wasn't out of the question.

Jewdonk may have dodged a literal bullet. I'm disturbed.

Load Metric

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

What would be more fun for you? Eating out a somewhat chunky lesbian or sucking off a hot chick that happened to have a penis?
    I have a 2:1 fav I'll let you guess which one it is

Thread Information