View Poll Results: Do you support gay marriage?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 83.72%
  • No, but they should be allowed civil unions

1 2.33%
  • No

2 4.65%
  • Don't know / don't care

4 9.30%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gay marriage, do you support it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post

Most serious statistical studies reveal that gays make up @ 2% of the population. You've been conned by the main stream media who would have you believe this is an important, pressing issue.

It's not.

However, it's an attractive 'non-issue' that the secular progressive left has brilliantly brought to the forefront.
    Denying a right to 2% of the population is not a non-issue. Denying any right to any percentage of the populace is an issue, but equality is merely part of a larger con game to pete.

However, marriage is the sacred union of one man and one woman but God created 2% men and women who can only fall in love with members of the same sex.
    Who gives a shit what anyone's gods are thought to have done? We're talking civil rights here, and the "sacred" has no business in issues of equality.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    let them get married, why should all the straight people suffer

Load Metric
    Morality aside, there is a significant financial impact with legal gar marriage

http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/07/pf/s...html?hpt=hp_t2

once again, $$$$ is really what all the dust up is about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    Nobody looks at a 8 year old kid and thinks "that dude is going to be a violent adult."
    That is simply not true. My dad was a child psychologist for 40 years. Some of the things that he heard and saw would chill you to the bone. Maybe not you, because you post pics of people being decapitated. But to a normal person, it would be very disturbing. Lots of these children were from affluent, well off families with great parents. When you start excusing people from their behavior by simply saying, "they were born that way", it IS a slippery slope, because where does it end? All it takes is one judge somewhere to say, "Well, he was born that way. Can't blame him for raping or murdering that little girl" and you have precedent for every sicko and his scumbag lawyer to use that excuse. Granted, that is an extreme example. But that is what you can expect when you alleviate people's responsibility for their actions by saying they were simply born that way. Very surprised on Druffs stance. Not that he is for gay marriage, but his reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    Nobody looks at a 8 year old kid and thinks "that dude is going to be a violent adult."
    That is simply not true. My dad was a child psychologist for 40 years. Some of the things that he heard and saw would chill you to the bone. Maybe not you, because you post pics of people being decapitated. But to a normal person, it would be very disturbing. Lots of these children were from affluent, well off families with great parents. When you start excusing people from their behavior by simply saying, "they were born that way", it IS a slippery slope, because where does it end? All it takes is one judge somewhere to say, "Well, he was born that way. Can't blame him for raping or murdering that little girl" and you have precedent for every sicko and his scumbag lawyer to use that excuse. Granted, that is an extreme example. But that is what you can expect when you alleviate people's responsibility for their actions by saying they were simply born that way. Very surprised on Druffs stance. Not that he is for gay marriage, but his reasoning.
    The part you don't seem to get is that there's nothing inherently wrong with being gay, as opposed to murder or any other off the wall example you may throw out.

See the difference there? You're going on the idea that being gay is wrong, just as murder is wrong. This is incorrect, and a remarkably sad analogy.

Allowing gay marriage is correct one of society's mistakes, not excusing a crime.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

The part you don't seem to get is that there's nothing inherently wrong with being gay, as opposed to murder or any other off the wall example you may throw out.

See the difference there? You're going on the idea that being gay is wrong, just as murder is wrong. This is incorrect, and a remarkably sad analogy.

Allowing gay marriage is correct one of society's mistakes, not excusing a crime.
    I am comparing gay marriage to murder as an example of the slippery slope when it comes to excusing behavior based on traits supposedly inherited at birth. Nothing more, nothing less. It is in reference to Druffs argument that people are born with certain unchangeable traits. If you took that I was comparing gay marriage and murderers, I either wrote too fast and didn't convey my idea well enough, or you misread it. Probably my fault as I went 4Poesteaks and didn't proofread or make edits as I usually do. Again. Gay marriage, I could give a fuck. The only thing that bothered me was Druffs reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

I am comparing gay marriage to murder as an example of the slippery slope when it comes to excusing behavior based on traits supposedly inherited at birth. Nothing more, nothing less. It is in reference to Druffs argument that people are born with certain unchangeable traits. If you took that I was comparing gay marriage and murderers, I either wrote too fast and didn't convey my idea well enough, or you misread it. Probably my fault as I went 4Poesteaks and didn't proofread or make edits as I usually do. Again. Gay marriage, I could give a fuck. The only thing that bothered me was Druffs reasoning.
    Slippery slope huh? How do you feel about grassy knolls? They're often slippery
    Last edited by limitles; 12-08-2012 at 04:56 AM.

Load Metric
    Slippery slope indeed.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Slippery slope indeed.
    End times.

Comments

splitthis: Got that right
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I had forgotten what I wrote about this 11 years ago.

I was pleased to see that I held the same position on gay marriage in 2012 as I do in 2023, and this was well before the mainstream GOP came to accept it.

My most forward-looking GOP position was in the early '90s, when I vocally supported free speech, and chided fellow Republicans who did not support it. At the time, it was lefties and ACLU types who were with me on the free speech thing. The rest of the Republican party caught up to me in the 2010s.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I was pleased to see that I held the same position on gay marriage in 2012 as I do in 2023, and this was well before the mainstream GOP came to accept it.

My most forward-looking GOP position was in the early '90s, when I vocally supported free speech, and chided fellow Republicans who did not support it. At the time, it was lefties and ACLU types who were with me on the free speech thing. The rest of the Republican party caught up to me in the 2010s.
    Yeah, god forbid you change your mind. There is a brand to protect here. Close call.

That was an amazing post though. What a time capsule. It’s hard to believe how much has changed in 10 years. It’s positively quaint to see a gay marriage debate.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Load Metric

Neither Republicans nor Democrats are with you on Free Speech anymore.

Even if they were, you can't argue that Republicans are 100% behind social freedoms.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the Libertarian Party. Pot Luck is on Wednesdays.
    Don't Tread on Anyone, mothafucka!

Load Metric

To be honest holding the same position over 10 years is not something people should be proud of. We should have flexible thinking and be open to the idea of learning or being wrong.

But I totally get your point. Druff always been more libertarian than conservative

That being said I don’t think you ever answered micons question on radio in terms of how you would feel if you had a child who was gay.
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    If only we could talk Druff through a better stance on abortion too.

Maybe in 10 yrs!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    All men are created equal, so every American should be fine with gay marriage.

Thread Information