Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, let's talk about American's that can't exist on their own for 4 fucking days.

Load Metric

So, let's talk about American's that can't exist on their own for 4 fucking days.

4 days and people are upset about no food and long gas lines. Way to be prepared. Who doesn't stock up on at least a week or more worth of food with prior notice of a major storm coming? Who doesn't have candles, books and blankets to ride out a power outage? My local grocery store has 18oz cans of Campbell's soup 3 for $5 Water in 24 packs for next to nothing ….. Is there a car even made that doesn't get 250 miles to a full tank?

And people make fun of preppers.

"What's the government going to do for me?" "waa waa waa"

Banned
    Load Metric
    Let's talk about apostrophes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

Yes, noticed that but cant edit title. sorry for poor punctuation

Fury has been escalating throughout New York at Bloomberg's decision to proceed with the marathon on Sunday, vowing the event - which attracts more than 40,000 runners - would not divert any resources storm victims.

"I just walked past four huge generators. Those could be put to use for people who need them," said Marjorie Dial, a tourist from Oregon who was shocked to see the generators in Central Park, where the marathon finishes. "What they've discovered on Staten Island should have been the tipping point - the bodies."

Load Metric

link to latest video pls

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

Yes, noticed that but cant edit title. sorry for poor punctuation

Fury has been escalating throughout New York at Bloomberg's decision to proceed with the marathon on Sunday, vowing the event - which attracts more than 40,000 runners - would not divert any resources storm victims.

"I just walked past four huge generators. Those could be put to use for people who need them," said Marjorie Dial, a tourist from Oregon who was shocked to see the generators in Central Park, where the marathon finishes. "What they've discovered on Staten Island should have been the tipping point - the bodies."
    The problem with America right now is people spend more time worrying about punctuation on poker forums than preparing for a major storm.

Load Metric
    People nowadays simply expect the government to take care of them. Not to hope for a little help here or there. But expect their entire lives to be financed by the government. The problem in this country isn't any one policy or politician. It's the people. People like 40Ape are perfect examples. Someone else won't pay for Mike's obvious mental health problems so he just throws up his hands and claims it's impossible. If he wanted to make it happen, resources exist that can help him. But that's not good enough anymore. Someone needs to make the appt for him. Monitor him and make sure he goes. Provide the transportation. Then pay for it all. There's millions and millions of Mike's in this country. They will be it's downfall.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Banned
    Load Metric

link to latest video pls

Load Metric
    4 days and people are upset about no food and long gas lines. Way to be prepared. Who doesn't stock up on at least a week or more worth of food with prior notice of a major storm coming? Who doesn't have candles, books and blankets to ride out a power outage? My local grocery store has 18oz cans of Campbell's soup 3 for $5 Water in 24 packs for next to nothing ….. Is there a car even made that doesn't get 250 miles to a full tank?

100% agree. I have no sympathy for being unprepared with prior notice of a major storm.

Everyone in Nepal has a massive survival kit placed somewhere outside their home in the event of an earthquake. We would practice earthquake drills at least twice a month and wouldn't sugarcoat anything to the children.

An earthquake came and I was amazed as to how everyone handled it. No panic at all.

Load Metric

Thank you.

Seriously.

Load Metric
    FTR, I'm being told I will have power back by 11/9. Been out since Monday evening. That is a lot longer than 4 days.

I have yet to cry to the government.

Thankfully I have been able to go to work the last 2 days.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    FTR, I'm being told I will have power back by 11/9. Been out since Monday evening. That is a lot longer than 4 days.

Are you spending the night in a hotel in the meantime? That's what I would do.

No way I would sit with no power for 4+ days.

Load Metric

sure he meant "American'ts" obv.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

If my power is out for more than two hours I get restless and have to just go somewhere that has power. Luckily, I live in an area where I probably won't have to worry about that.

Load Metric

Since I can go to work now I am pretty much just been sleeping there for the past 2 days. Before that I was just chilling reading or watching movies on my iPod. My brother has power so I am spending the weekend there.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric

Funny thing is that us rednecks in Alabama just look at it as a reason to go camping.

Load Metric
    I hope the people who lived in these houses had candles and blankets and books. Then they could ride this out in comfort.

Load Metric
    who needs candles when there's a giant fire raging in the neighborhood.

Also, is there anyway of having your primary residence 10 feet of flat land away from the ocean (at least in America) not becoming -EV in the long run?

Load Metric

Avg Northeastern is a left wing liberal who grew up with the Government will save all mentality, so this is to be expected. Wondering why they arent blaming their Messiah for this, but then again Obama can do no wrong in their eyes.

Load Metric

The truth as to WHY the power is still out. The NE Electrical Unions bitched and whined about the use of Non-Union Powerline workers from down south, meaning the extra help they could have had they turned down..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I hope the people who lived in these houses had candles and blankets and books. Then they could ride this out in comfort.
    holy shit, where is that crowe?

Thread Information