Thread: A desperate S.O.S. for our educational system

Bronze
    Load Metric

A desperate S.O.S. for our educational system

Let's not get political. Vouchers, taxes for payraises. None of that shit works. This is a state that cannot raise taxes anymore without a 2/3. majority Not that raising taxes is necessarily the answer.

This girl graduated in the top ten. None of the recent college grads I have talked about working for me are smart enough to do ANYTHING that doesn't require constant supervision, no matter the salary. They are just unhirable. And those are the ones that went to college. Like the computer stuff has done nothing but fry their brain.

I'd rather have 6-toed pete and Delaware running my company than anybody under 25. I know there are exceptions, I just don't know them personally. Help.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    My mom has a few special requests actually, Vwls do you do any freelance work? For fun or at least pretty cheap? Mostly cutesy stuff with her horses and baby foal who is still a baby but a freaking huge one let me tell you.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I'm serious. The divide between our parties has made us unable to come to ANY rational discussion about anything. Our party leaders take a particular line facorable to the big money in our party (large corporations, unions/trial lawyers etc.) and people who even lean either direction political eat up 98/100 of the talking points. Well guess what, both sides talking points are fucking retarded and and they aren't working because the stupidity knows no bounds whether it is a blue state or red state.

PS

Rollo if you post a video of Obama on here I will pay Druff to ban you forever.
    My mom has a few special requests actually, Vwls do you do any freelance work? For fun or at least pretty cheap? Mostly cutesy stuff with her horses and baby foal who is still a baby but a freaking huge one let me tell you.

Load Metric
    Dissolve the far too powerful teacher's unions. Base teacher pay on performance instead of seniority. Make passing a test made up of everything that should be learned in HS a requirement for graduation. No longer give credit for a "D" grade. If you can't get at least 70%, you aren't proficient. In Washington State we had the WASL which was bascially a test you had to pass to graduate. When the administrators realized that some of their seniors couldn't read or write at an 8th grade level, what did they do? Press teachers for better results? Hold students back until they passed" Nah. They simply lowered the standards of the test. We live in a "everyone get a ribbon", "everyone is special" society. Until that changes. Until you can tell a kid, "look, you aren't smart enough to graduate", we will continue to churn out retards at an unprecedented pace.
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    Dissolve the far too powerful teacher's unions. Base teacher pay on performance instead of seniority. Make passing a test made up of everything that should be learned in HS a requirement for graduation. No longer give credit for a "D" grade. If you can't get at least 70%, you aren't proficient. In Washington State we had the WASL which was bascially a test you had to pass to graduate. When the administrators realized that some of their seniors couldn't read or write at an 8th grade level, what did they do? Press teachers for better results? Hold students back until they passed" Nah. They simply lowered the standards of the test. We live in a "everyone get a ribbon", "everyone is special" society. Until that changes. Until you can tell a kid, "look, you aren't smart enough to graduate", we will continue to churn out retards at an unprecedented pace.

I think you are wrong about the "performance" shit as good teachers would flee urban schools. Noone would teach the dumbest.

You are right about LEAVING CHILDREN BEHIND. They need to quit passing kids. They need to actually fail people that don't pass. The incentives should be in FAILING kids. I mean if we are going to teach to the lowest common denominator, lets make the lowest a lot higher. Not everyone deserves to go to fucking college. Thats the biggest problem. College should be elite. They should put the tards in shopclass or lawnmowing class for all I care. They should have bartending classes and even stripper classes, and if they fail those send them to the army.

Fuck no child left behind.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GAMBLE-BOT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

I think you are wrong about the "performance" shit as good teachers would flee urban schools. Noone would teach the dumbest.

You are right about LEAVING CHILDREN BEHIND. They need to quit passing kids. They need to actually fail people that don't pass. The incentives should be in FAILING kids. I mean if we are going to teach to the lowest common denominator, lets make the lowest a lot higher. Not everyone deserves to go to fucking college. Thats the biggest problem. College should be elite. They should put the tards in shopclass or lawnmowing class for all I care. They should have bartending classes and even stripper classes, and if they fail those send them to the army.

Fuck no child left behind.
    The fact that good teachers want to teach in an appealing setting is just a fact of life. If you are good at your profession, you will go where you are comfortable. Urban schools will always get the leftover shit, that is just a fact of life. Same reason Lebron James didn't sign with the Timberwolves. If teachers were paid based on performance, maybe it would motivate some Urban school teachers to up their game. But they have no incentive because it is almost impossible to lose your job as a teacher because the Teacher's Unions control the entire fucking thing. In nearly every profession, your salary is at least in part determined by performance. Why should teachers be any different?

As far as no child left behind, it's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Judge Smails sums it up perfectly.

Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Thread Information