Page 23 of 76 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seahawks Own Your Face

Load Metric
    Blown Call from Seahawks-Packers Game Shaking Up NFL Playoff Picture By Kyle Oland(Contributor) on December 17, 2012 389 reads

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext The blown call by the replacement refs has changed the playoff race.
    Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
    Let’s go back in time for a couple minutes. It’s Week 3 of the NFL season. It’s Monday Night Football, and the Green Bay Packers are visiting the Seattle Seahawks. The Packers are leading the Seahawks 12-7 late in the fourth quarter. Oh, and the replacement referees are still running around the field in pinstripes.

We all remember what transpired next in what may go down as one of the worst blown calls in NFL history. Seattle’s rookie quarterback, Russell Wilson, took the snap on 4th-and-10. After buying time for his receivers to get into the end zone, Wilson unleashed a Hail Mary as time expired.

With the ball sailing towards the end zone, a herd of Seattle and Green Bay players leaped into the air for the ball. Coming down with the football was Packers safety M.D. Jennings as Seattle receiver Golden Tate tried to wrestle the ball away.

The video replay clearly shows Jennings with possession of the ball, so Green Bay should have won the game. However, here is where everything went south for the Packers.

Head official Wayne Elliott viewed the replays and determined both players had simultaneous possession of the ball, meaning the offensive player receives credit for the catch.

Instead of a Packers win, the Seahawks won. That win, though it occurred back in September and seems like a lifetime ago now, is dictating the NFC playoff race.

The question must be asked: How would the NFC playoff race change had that call not been blown?

Current NFC playoff picture

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks are on track to make the playoffs.
    Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
    The Atlanta Falcons (12-2) have essentially clinched the No. 1 seed and would have to lose their last two games against the Detroit Lions and Tampa Bay Buccaneers to lose it.

The San Francisco 49ers (10-3-1) currently hold the No. 2 seed and will earn a bye if they can win out.

The Packers (10-4) are the No. 3 seed and need the 49ers to lose a game to have a chance to earn the first-round bye by winning out.

The Washington Redskins (8-6) are the No. 4 seed, but the NFC East is a jumbled mess and could go any which way.

The Seahawks (9-5) and Minnesota Vikings (8-6) are the No. 5 and No. 6 seeds.

The three other teams in the hunt for the playoffs are the Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants. All are 8-6.

How the blown call impacts the NFC playoff picture

Had the refs gotten the call right back in Week 3, Green Bay’s record would sit at 11-3, and Seattle would be 8-6.

If the Packers win that game, they become the No. 2 seed and have a realistic shot to earn a bye. Instead, Green Bay will most likely earn the third seed behind San Francisco.

Had the Packers beat the Seahawks in week three, they would be in line for a first-round bye.
    Kevin Casey/Getty Images
    Where the blown call has the greatest impact is the wild-card race. In defeating New England Sunday night, the 49ers all but won the NFC West, so the only way Seattle gets into the playoffs is with a wild-card spot.

Well, since the replacement refs gifted the Seahawks with a victory, they are now in the driver’s seat for a wild-card spot, holding a one-game advantage in the race for those two spots. Had the referees gotten the call right, Seattle’s record would sit at 8-6 instead of 9-5.

Seattle would be one of five teams with a record of 8-6; its journey to the playoffs would not be as easy. Instead, Seattle’s season will most likely continue after the regular season ends in two weeks.

So, Seahawks fans, send a Christmas card to Wayne Elliott this week thanking him for gifting the Seahawks with an inside track for one of the wild-card spots when he blew that call back in September.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    TBags what's your better move the front kick or robot?

I bet that front kick so vicious
    Deserves an answer IMO.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

Deserves an answer IMO.
    Name:  nap-mat.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  19.3 KB

OBV

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

Deserves an answer IMO.
    Name:  nap-mat.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  19.3 KB

OBV

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  snapkick.gif
Views: 307
Size:  20.5 KB

VS.

Name:  543682emu5sjgy04.gif
Views: 277
Size:  96.8 KB

Load Metric

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

I'm like Elvis with that motherfucker

Load Metric
    Tony Kornheiser Is the Latest Nitwit After Russell Wilson Comments

After Rob Parker's comments on Thursday about Robert Griffin III being a "cornball brother," I was sure it would take a while before I heard another incoherent comment from an ESPN personality. But sure enough, I was proven wrong after listening to Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon on demand this afternoon.

During the PTI podcast, Kornheiser suggested that opposing teams now break Russell Wilson's leg in attempt to get back at Pete Carroll for running up the score. Wait, he said what? Did he really just suggest that opponents should take a cheap shot and break the leg of Seattle's rookie quarterback? Yep, he did.

Here's the audio of his crazy suggestion. It starts at around the 4:20 mark. And if you're too lazy to click the link, I transcribed his statement as well:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8756473

"But you know how you get back at a guy like Pete Carroll? You take Russell Wilson out of the game—because you can’t score three touchdowns running if your leg is broken. Other coaches and other teams are going to be very angry at this."

What is with these guys? Where have professionalism and journalistic pride gone? I have a hard time believing that anyone would want to see someone get hurt on purpose. Fine, be mad about running up the score, but get back at the opposition by turning the tables on them.

Kornheiser should have said that opponents need to get back at Coach Carroll by running up the score on him.

By now most of us have heard the Gregg Williams audio in regards to Bountygate, so let's not stoop to that same level. Football is a game of integrity and it provides enjoyment for many across the world, but no one deserves to be intentionally harmed because someone's feelings got hurt.

Injuries happen across the NFL every week, but when a player goes out for the season with a torn ACL it's not logical to think the opposing defender was trying to tear his ACL. He was simply trying to stop the play from either happening entirely or stopping it from advancing any further.

Courtesy of Bleacher Report

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

After Rob Parker's comments on Thursday about Robert Griffin III being a "cornball brother," I was sure it would take a while before I heard another incoherent comment from an ESPN personality. But sure enough, I was proven wrong after listening to Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon on demand this afternoon.

During the PTI podcast, Kornheiser suggested that opposing teams now break Russell Wilson's leg in attempt to get back at Pete Carroll for running up the score. Wait, he said what? Did he really just suggest that opponents should take a cheap shot and break the leg of Seattle's rookie quarterback? Yep, he did.

Here's the audio of his crazy suggestion. It starts at around the 4:20 mark. And if you're too lazy to click the link, I transcribed his statement as well:

"But you know how you get back at a guy like Pete Carroll? You take Russell Wilson out of the game—because you can’t score three touchdowns running if your leg is broken. Other coaches and other teams are going to be very angry at this."

What is with these guys? Where have professionalism and journalistic pride gone? I have a hard time believing that anyone would want to see someone get hurt on purpose. Fine, be mad about running up the score, but get back at the opposition by turning the tables on them.

Kornheiser should have said that opponents need to get back at Coach Carroll by running up the score on him.

By now most of us have heard the Gregg Williams audio in regards to Bountygate, so let's not stoop to that same level. Football is a game of integrity and it provides enjoyment for many across the world, but no one deserves to be intentionally harmed because someone's feelings got hurt.

Injuries happen across the NFL every week, but when a player goes out for the season with a torn ACL it's not logical to think the opposing defender was trying to tear his ACL. He was simply trying to stop the play from either happening entirely or stopping it from advancing any further.

There's a reason hes no longer on Monday Night Football. It's because he's a fucking idiot.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

That was inappropriate and unprofessional. But Tony Kornholer is a fucking idiot that nobody takes seriously anyway. But it would be nice to see that smug look wiped off Pete Carrolls fucking face. Can't wait to see the 49ers shut that whole fucking field up. 12th man my ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

That was inappropriate and unprofessional. But Tony Kornholer is a fucking idiot that nobody takes seriously anyway. But it would be nice to see that smug look wiped off Pete Carrolls fucking face. Can't wait to see the 49ers shut that whole fucking field up. 12th man my ass.
    You're going to be even grumpier than usual after the game pal. Pumpernickel won't know what hit him.

24-21 Seattle

Load Metric

You're going to be even grumpier than usual after the game pal. Pumpernickel won't know what hit him.

24-21 Seattle
    I hate to admit, but Seattle sports teams do incredibly well when I am there rooting against them. The Seahawks are probably a good 15-2 or 3. The Mariners are probably at about .800. The Sonics were undefeated in probably 8-10 games.

21-17 SF
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric

24-21 Seattle
    I hate to admit, but Seattle sports teams do incredibly well when I am there rooting against them. The Seahawks are probably a good 15-2 or 3. The Mariners are probably at about .800. The Sonics were undefeated in probably 8-10 games.

21-17 SF
    You've got the be the youngest curmudgeon ever.

Load Metric

Hes a shock jock like skip bayless who cares what they say their morons. They showed a piece on espn where Carroll @ USC confronted Harbough @ Stanford over going for 2 when the game was out of reach. This guy is just the biggest scumbag followed closely by Harbough.

Load Metric
    Rob Parkers comments were an example that no matter how white people treat black people they can never be right. RG3 may have grown up with no racism issues isnt that what the blacks want? Really they dont. They want to be out down so they can have something to complain about, and if someone of their own color doesnt see it like them then their sellouts or their not black enough. The funny thing is RG3 has more black blood in him then our (black President)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    This guy is just the biggest scumbag followed closely by Harbough.
    What's your deal?

Load Metric
    The reason why the Hawks are so comfortable with Wilson running the read option?

Russell Wilson ran the ball nine times for 92 yards against the Bills, and not only was he not tackled on any one of those runs, he wasn't even hit.

Wilson's runs, one through nine, ended in these outcomes -- ran out of bounds, scored, ran out of bounds, scored, slid, scored, ran out of bounds, ran out of bounds, and slipped before being touched down by a defender.

Nine carries, no hits.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If coaches don't want the score run up against them all they have to do is stop the other team. It is that simple

Kornheiser is a moron, rob parker is a fucking idiot too

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Presently Seattle +1 -115

I'm on this. Seattle has a defense, NE not so much.
    Home field worth 3 pts I would guess.

Wilson the X factor

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Presently Seattle +1 -115

I'm on this. Seattle has a defense, NE not so much.
    Home field worth 3 pts I would guess.

Wilson the X factor
    You might want to check who their actually playing before you put money down.

Thread Information