Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back from my tour of secret locations -- Cleaning up the forum to follow shortly

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I'm back from my tour of secret locations -- Cleaning up the forum to follow shortly

As mentioned before, I was on vacation from August 2nd to August 11th. While I was on that vacation, I had little time to spend on the internet, and even when I did find time, the connection was either slow or nonexistent.

I must say that I'm unhappy with the direction this forum has taken in the past 2 weeks or so, and I'm not referring to the two bombings that occurred, as those were easy to quickly reverse.

I'm talking about the incessant trolling and re-trolling here. Basically, this is what I'm seeing:

- Someone starts an interesting topic of discussion

- Someone who doesn't like the topic starter insults them

- The topic starter fights back and a big trollfest ensues in the thread, basically killing the topic

I have seen various forms of the above from many different people here.

Sometimes the trolling is actually started by a person not known for trolling, where they say something like, "Countdown until XXXX (insert usual troll name here) ruins this thread", which then touches off a fight between that person and XXXX.

I have received many complaints about the poor quality of posts on this forum lately, both publicly and privately.

I really don't want to ban people here -- especially ones who aren't specifically here to cause trouble, but just succumb to the temptation to take shots at those they don't like.

I am going to go through recent threads here and remove the trolling elements. Some will be moved into their own threads (where the fights can continue without screwing up the rest of the site), and some will just be deleted.

From this point forward, I will be moving/deleting troll posts that derail topics, and will restrict/ban/suspend people who continue.

I am not going to call out specific names here, because I don't want to turn this into a power trip or give anyone satisfaction that their "enemy" is getting restricted in some way.

Just please keep in mind that this is a different site than DD. People respected that for several months, which I appreciate, but now it seems to be degrading back into exactly what I (and many other good posters) came to dislike about DD.

Please respect my vision for this site and keep the trolling away from here.

Thanks.

Load Metric
    Welcome back donald

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  office-space-4.jpg
Views: 2320
Size:  16.2 KB
    Druff, umm yeah I'm going to need come in on Saturday and get rid of the Olympic twink thread also.

Load Metric
    This is a classic sunflower and weeds problem. If you plant sunflowers, they will grow and eventually crowd out the weeds, which will die off and become a tolerable minor nuisance. If you don't plant enough sunflowers, the weeds will just grow on their own and take over.

You cannot never stop weeds since they are native to the ground they occupy. You can try, but you will just exhaust yourself and not solve anything. What I am trying to say is you don't kill weeds by pulling them, you kill weeds by planting sunflowers.

Sunflowers = good content.

Most of the time should be spent on planting and nourishing the sunflowers, and the weeds will go away. Pluck a few weeds from time to time, but never worry about being weed free - it just isn't possible.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dad View Post
    Most of the time should be spent on planting and nourishing the sunflowers, and the weeds will go away. Pluck a few weeds from time to time, but never worry about being weed free - it just isn't possible.
    Nice analogy. Spot on.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    Nice analogy. Spot on.
    +2 I agree

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is a classic sunflower and weeds problem. If you plant sunflowers, they will grow and eventually crowd out the weeds, which will die off and become a tolerable minor nuisance. If you don't plant enough sunflowers, the weeds will just grow on their own and take over.

You cannot never stop weeds since they are native to the ground they occupy. You can try, but you will just exhaust yourself and not solve anything. What I am trying to say is you don't kill weeds by pulling them, you kill weeds by planting sunflowers.

Sunflowers = good content.

Yes, this is correct, but failing to pull the weeds will also prevent the sunflowers from flourishing, so it's necessary to do both.

I will be posting content again, and I think things will return to normal here.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    “What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Druff, umm yeah I'm going to need come in on Saturday and get rid of the Olympic twink thread also.
    Ummm, yeah, I'm going to need you to not do that.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quit opening the thread. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    For the record, OSA asked me beforehand if he could start that Twink thread and I said it would be okay.

Load Metric
    Please ban me if I start arguing back and forth with someone, seriously. Maybe this sounds pathetic, but I can't help but reply sometimes when going back and forth with a select few.

Give me a 24 hour nap when it happens, and I will forget about it by then.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    For the record, OSA asked me beforehand if he could start that Twink thread and I said it would be okay.
    may have been a good decision probably lots of awesome people googling Olympic Twink..... will defiantly drive traffic in the right direction.

o and about your adopted baby, Brandon seems like some one hurt his feelings again while you were away. You may have to apologies to him again and again and again...... or else, you know.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Some will be moved into their own threads (where the fights can continue without screwing up the rest of the site), and some will just be deleted.
    Just move them to the Bathroom Wall, imo
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Glad you all enjoy my thread. I got seniority on all you niggas so all your opinions are moot.

Don't you worry guys, college football starting soon, a whole NEW list to make.

Load Metric
    You have nine forums on this site, NINE. Pretty sure that is plenty for people to choose from for serious discussion. Why anyone would post something they want taken seriously in a forum called "Flying Stupidity" is beyond me.

A- "I made a music thread and it got clogged with bullshit."

B- "Where did you post it?"

A- "Flying Stupidity."

B- "............"
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Glad you all enjoy my thread. I got seniority on all you niggas so all your opinions are moot.

Don't you worry guys, college football starting soon, a whole NEW list to make.

I find you extremely annoying, but I thought that thread was awesome. I'm not gay, and I don't plan on becoming gay, but I thought you put some time into what you did, and actually made it funny to read. I also took the sexuality out of it, and used it to learn more about athletes I would have never even heard of until you brought them to my attention. I was watching a swimming event, and saw one of the dudes in your top 5 or whatever, and I was actually happy to know a little bit more about him than I would've if you hadn't made that thread.

So, thanks for that...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

I find you extremely annoying, but I thought that thread was awesome. I'm not gay, and I don't plan on becoming gay, but I thought you put some time into what you did, and actually made it funny to read.
    Yeah, well, be careful, cuz that gay shit just sneaks up on you sometimes.

I mean, a few years ago, our fearless leader succumbed.

MP3 file: http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/4tl9n9l1gk/druffrevelation.mp3

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

I find you extremely annoying, but I thought that thread was awesome. I'm not gay, and I don't plan on becoming gay, but I thought you put some time into what you did, and actually made it funny to read.

Last edited by rickastley; 08-12-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: apologies for posting a black penis but sonny loves to suck on a nigga sausage

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

What show was this from, and in what context did I say this?

Thread Information