Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Apple peaking? The signs are unmistakable

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you're in sales long enough you soon become disenchanted with the human race and can recognize the ring leaders within minutes.

The customer is always right is a metaphor which is not understood by all employees, even those on salary who aren't thinking long term if at all. Your rap sheet is getting long Druff and there's a chance that you may be showing your hand too quickly when a few bucks are on the line.

I became a Mac guy when I realized the competition was not providing as good a product from a quality and a user friendly perspective. Just recently I heard a computer technician complain that Apple is cutting corners on some of its components and that surprised me a bit but to date the majority have voted with their wallets (the non digital type) for a reason.

Market watchers, no pun intended, must predict the future or even try to influence it, I jest, as part of their job description. So like weathermen, we're told the sun will not shine each day. Then again you wouldn't know what a hill is without vallleys.

As far as spending it's profits, well that's what money is for in the first place and a balanced portfolio is a good thing I'm told. A line from The New Odds, says "you can't build a temple if you're always on the cheap". And that temple is being built in their own back yard benefitting many. Job's was special but he didn't do it all by himself.
    Last edited by limitles; 04-29-2016 at 08:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bill Burr on Steve Jobs:

Comments

MumblesBadly:
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Unless Apple turns manufacturing back to America....people will continue to sour on the product, especially as populist, nationalist politics comes back into the sphere. Especially with the amount of cash they hold overseas.

They haven't innovated enough to generate enough demand on their new lackluster products from cash strapped consumers.

I will say, one thing Apple has going for it is the fact that women love their shit.
    This is LOL no offense. Do you think even 1% of their customers either know or care where the product is actually manufactured. I can answer this for you. They don't.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks Spunk Bucket View Post
    I don't feel that way Druff, I've always been treated well in my local apple store, also I have an interesting tip for anyone who buys an iPhone:

Mine came with 1 year warranty (probably the same in US) and after a couple of months the first handset I got started playing up- the volume buttons weren't working properly, and neither was the top (sleep) button.

They promptly informed me that since it's something that can't be fixed in-store, they could just give me a new phone, which they did, right there and then.

So I remembered the symptoms, and went back right just before the end of the 1 year warranty. I told them that the volume buttons were playing up half the time, and when showing the guy even made a joke like "but of course! now I'm in the store they seem to be working perfectly"- they bought it and promptly gave me a brand new iphone again, and extended the warranty for another 3 months.

As a consequence I now have a 2 year old iphone instead of a 3 year old one, and still it works perfectly. A tip for anyone who tries this- back up your shit on iCloud first, as it will make it very simple to set-up the new iphone immediately.
    Those phones aren't new they are refurbs.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Jonathan Ives is still god and I miss Fluffer. He loved this shit. Jobs recognized the fact that this guy could play. They were quite the team.

That chick from Burberry is interesting now. I do love walking into Apple stores and getting my shit sorted out usually for free. Try that with Samsung or LG.

Obviously this ain't the growth story it once was if only because of its shear size. Talk of getting into cars and such is a red flag too.

What would the dividend have to be Pooh? This thing is capable of nulling that income with lost stock value.

Long term thinking? Well then, this thing has been dead money for one and a half years. That's gotta hurt.

I love Apple products. snake_in_the_ass' wise-ass comparison to Blackberry stuck with me all day though.
    Crackberry didn't have Itunes. Completely different fail. Didn't want to adjust to the times and by then it was too late. Gook running it now doing a good job but too little too late.
    Nobody stays on top forever. Just ask the folks who invested in Sony, Motorola, Nokia, Blackberry and dozens of others. Apple stock is not cheap and I think it goes nowhere for decades to come. Matter of fact, it has gone nowhere the past 40 months because it is at the same price level.

Load Metric
    Apple isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Nothing will ever replace the Iphone and Ipad imo plus their immense cash horde. Getting put in the dow was the kiss of death. Company just got too big to continue growing like they were. Their stock price will start reflecting a company that grows on a pace of IBM so their dividend will likely increase to attract those types of share holders. I've never owned tech in my life and won't start with AAPL for sure. Wish I did ten years ago though.

lol @ taking stock advice from Pooh
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    Apple isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Nothing will ever replace the Iphone and Ipad imo plus their immense cash horde. Getting put in the dow was the kiss of death. Company just got too big to continue growing like they were. Their stock price will start reflecting a company that grows on a pace of IBM so their dividend will likely increase to attract those types of share holders. I've never owned tech in my life and won't start with AAPL for sure. Wish I did ten years ago though.

lol @ taking stock advice from Pooh
    Yeah because there's clearly a ton of advice in that post.

n-word lover.

Gold
    Load Metric
    "In the aftermath of Apple's disappointing earnings report that brought news of a slowdown in worldwide iPhone sales, the company's stock price dropped for the eighth consecutive day on Monday, a losing streak not seen since 1998."

The stock is dead money folks. The big players are moving their apple money to facebook & amazon.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    "In the aftermath of Apple's disappointing earnings report that brought news of a slowdown in worldwide iPhone sales, the company's stock price dropped for the eighth consecutive day on Monday, a losing streak not seen since 1998."

The stock is dead money folks. The big players are moving their apple money to facebook & amazon.
    That's the thing, AAPL has been dead money as a growth stock for a while. It's a trading vehicle now.

The "days to cover" gives me a woody. The short interest. Those guys get taken to the wood shed periodically when traders need a pay day.

Tim Cook is doing the road show now and this will help the trade.

Per plan, Apple Inc.160513C00094500-AAPL-CALL - May 13 94.5 Call in @ 1.13

There is enough to support a conversation with AAPL. Apple isn't just iPhone hardware sales in China. It's services and the Ecosystem and the cash.

I don't give a shit. I just see that investors will debate this thing still.

Doing great on a down day having held 92/93 support.

The AMZN thing is interesting too. Too many people leaning in the same direction. They need to be punished as well.

"How can we take the most amount of money from the greatest number of people?" This is a traders mantra
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 05-03-2016 at 09:44 AM.

Load Metric
    Thoughts while shaving.....

You catch HULU live tv streaming stories? The cord cutting is inevitable.

Druff's trying to project baseball's decline in cable revenue based on today's model springs to mind here.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Apple gave away its handheld devices in the same fashion Comcast does its set top boxes.

Corral folks into the ecosystem. Apple TV. Movies, broadcast, music.

Buckets of cash for rights & other acquisitions.

Load Metric
    Thoughts while shaving.....

You catch HULU live tv streaming stories? The cord cutting is inevitable.

Druff's trying to project baseball's decline in cable revenue based on today's model springs to mind here.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Apple gave away its handheld devices in the same fashion Comcast does its set top boxes.

Corral folks into the ecosystem. Apple TV. Movies, broadcast, music.

Buckets of cash for rights & other acquisitions.
    If not by cable broadband, over what medium is the signal streamed? And would Apple own that medium?

Comments

The_Lurker: go drive a truck
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Cord cutting is the practice of canceling or forgoing a cable television subscription or landline telephone connection in favor of an alternative Internet-based or wireless service.
    Choppy market. If we hold 94 here Simp I am quite comfortable. Not setting a stop at 94 cause you could easily get rinsed out by traders at that price.

Making 9% in 2 or 3 days is the gold standard. You still in? I am. If the market pops tomorrow we could find action in the traditional momo stuff like Apple. GL. House money. Pip, pip and tallyho.

When you trade forex you think in terms of pips. My head sounds like Col Fabersham. I find myself signing off with people by saying "Cheers". Come to think of it I have done that with Druff PM's.

Don't be an investor. That's for losers. Time is as valuable as profit. When I hear that second hand ticking away I die a little. Just focusing the urgency and attention.

Load Metric
    Cord cutting is the practice of canceling or forgoing a cable television subscription or landline telephone connection in favor of an alternative Internet-based or wireless service.
    Choppy market. If we hold 94 here Simp I am quite comfortable. Not setting a stop at 94 cause you could easily get rinsed out by traders at that price.

Making 9% in 2 or 3 days is the gold standard. You still in? I am. If the market pops tomorrow we could find action in the traditional momo stuff like Apple. GL. House money. Pip, pip and tallyho.

When you trade forex you think in terms of pips. My head sounds like Col Fabersham. I find myself signing off with people by saying "Cheers". Come to think of it I have done that with Druff PM's.

Don't be an investor. That's for losers. Time is as valuable as profit. When I hear that second hand ticking away I die a little. Just focusing the urgency and attention.

Still holding tight here haven't bailed yet. Waiting to see what tomorrow brings.

Load Metric
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 298
Size:  22.8 KB

FFS, Lurk-turd! Don't you fucking know anything about how control of the distribution system affects the bargaining power of players in an industry??? How the fuck do you think John D. Rockefellar was able to crush the independent oil producers? He got control of the distribution from the oil fields! And how Comcast has been able to integrate vertically to own content creators? By dominating the content distribution network! And how Verizon was able to get Apple to agree to break its single-carrier business partnership with AT&T? Because Verizon has a much larger customer base than AT&T with its bigger coverage map!

Or even the Mafia in New York City during its heyday, with its control of most truck transport in the city.

Or are you such a sensitive little prissy ass who can't handle legitimate challenges to ideas you like, or ones posed by a friend? Seriously. Grow the fuck up and stop acting like a teenager mutt with a fragile ego!

Comments

Kuntmissioner: noose
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Cubic Zirconia SamGrizzleJanFisherBaby's Avatar
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Sanlmar;526233]
    " the cash.

if count 169B in long term investments as cash then maybe. The balance sheet is not as sexy as it was in 2013.

Gold
    Load Metric
    80 cents away from a 52 week low. Loving the action.

Load Metric
    80 cents away from a 52 week low. Loving the action.
    I have a candlestick up my ass.

Head & shoulders vs triple bottom.

Care to take a stab at this Snake?

I can't let this go.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 05-05-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 298
Size:  22.8 KB

FFS, Lurk-turd! Don't you fucking know anything about how control of the distribution system affects the bargaining power of players in an industry??? How the fuck do you think John D. Rockefellar was able to crush the independent oil producers? He got control of the distribution from the oil fields! And how Comcast has been able to integrate vertically to own content creators? By dominating the content distribution network! And how Verizon was able to get Apple to agree to break its single-carrier business partnership with AT&T? Because Verizon has a much larger customer base than AT&T with its bigger coverage map!

Or even the Mafia in New York City during its heyday, with its control of most truck transport in the city.

Or are you such a sensitive little prissy ass who can't handle legitimate challenges to ideas you like, or ones posed by a friend? Seriously. Grow the fuck up and stop acting like a teenager mutt with a fragile ego!

Lighten up Francis, I just wish you would spend more time on the road, behind the wheel of a truck. No need to be so mean. Lots more time.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Then green rep me like this, Lurk-knut.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Stock at multi year lows. Lot more downside coming. $75 2016 is my guess

Load Metric
    Stock at multi year lows. Lot more downside coming. $75 2016 is my guess
    That would give them a 3% yield and probably a good long term investment price.

Thread Information