Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: It's Back....2014 PFA's Best Poster!!

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Tie breakers early on aren't as much of a deal but when it's who makes the finals a tie shouldn't just advance someone which I assume it's either by random draw or whoever hit the vote number first. I like both them guys but just saying.
    The whole thing has been kind of a mess, to be honest. For various reasons.

One of those reasons being that very few people are bothering to go to Bracket Geek. I propose that we do this on PFA next time, using multiple choice polls. You can have 10 options per poll, so 4 threads should suffice for the first round. There's no harm in using checkboxes, because if someone votes for 2 people that are up against each other, then those votes cancel each other out.

EDIT: We could also make the polls public, adding an element of drama and making it possible to void votes by dupe accounts.

Comments

Sanlmar: Bracket Geek was a fail
    Last edited by SrslySirius; 03-17-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    lol at cmoney making it to semis and possibly going to finals. I'll agree he is extremely generous around here but even he'd admit he's not even a top 20 poster.

I think top 20 but agree i shouldnt be in finals
    :freelewfather

Bronze
    Load Metric
    There really ought to be the best forum poster ever poll, going back to NWP, in our circles at least.

I don't post much any more, but my contributions cannot be minimized over the years either. I brought Ric Flair to these forums. Hurricane Awareness. Cutting edge political analysis and the movie threads, Saturday Night Fever.

You cannot dismiss the place setters here from 2008 and earlier. And you cannot ignore us either.

Comments

rickastley: so laughable it deserves green

Muck Ficon: Not funny

Belly Buster: well i'm going to minimize this contribution. Reputation -100

nunbeater: correcting Belly Buster

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    lol at cmoney making it to semis and possibly going to finals. I'll agree he is extremely generous around here but even he'd admit he's not even a top 20 poster.

I think top 20 but agree i shouldnt be in finals
    I exaggerated a bit to prove a point. You are top 15. Top 1 for generosity.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Tie breakers early on aren't as much of a deal but when it's who makes the finals a tie shouldn't just advance someone which I assume it's either by random draw or whoever hit the vote number first. I like both them guys but just saying.

One of those reasons being that very few people are bothering to go to Bracket Geek. I propose that we do this on PFA next time, using multiple choice polls. You can have 10 options per poll, so 4 threads should suffice for the first round. There's no harm in using checkboxes, because if someone votes for 2 people that are up against each other, then those votes cancel each other out.

EDIT: We could also make the polls public, adding an element of drama and making it possible to void votes by dupe accounts.
    Horrible idea. Bracketgeek is perfect for what we need. It just needs to be tweaked some. Easier access is the most important thing. We need more voters. The contest took an entire week to culminate the way it was set up. That's perfect. If you want to run a multiple choice poll for best/worst that's great however I will continue to use bracket geek. Half the fun is seeing who you match up against. I do agree that next time I will seed by rep instead of alphabetically and there may not be quite as many entrants. It would be nice if at least 50 people voted though.

Banned
    Load Metric

Horrible idea. Bracketgeek is perfect for what we need. It just needs to be tweaked some. Easier access is the most important thing. We need more voters. The contest took an entire week to culminate the way it was set up. That's perfect. If you want to run a multiple choice poll for best/worst that's great however I will continue to use bracket geek. Half the fun is seeing who you match up against. I do agree that next time I will seed by rep instead of alphabetically and there may not be quite as many entrants. It would be nice if at least 50 people voted though.
    I think you misunderstand. The system I propose still uses brackets. Example poll:

1. Cmoney
    32. Garrett
    2. WillieMcFML
    31. cla
    3. TonyBags
    30. Son of Lockman
    4. DanDruff
    29. Rollo

I could just draw up brackets in photoshop and put them in the OP. If for some reason somebody voted for both cmoney and Garrett, then his votes cancel each other out.

A lot of people simply aren't going to bother clicking over to Bracket Geek. This is evident by the fact that no more than 20 people ever voted, even when things were running smoothly. This forum has hundreds of active users, and nobody will have any issues checking boxes that are already embedded in a thread they're reading.

Load Metric

I think you misunderstand. The system I propose still uses brackets. Example poll:

1. Cmoney
    32. Garrett
    2. WillieMcFML
    31. cla
    3. TonyBags
    30. Son of Lockman
    4. DanDruff
    29. Rollo

I could just draw up brackets in photoshop and put them in the OP. If for some reason somebody voted for both cmoney and Garrett, then his votes cancel each other out.

A lot of people simply aren't going to bother clicking over to Bracket Geek. This is evident by the fact that no more than 20 people ever voted, even when things were running smoothly. This forum has hundreds of active users, and nobody will have any issues checking boxes that are already embedded in a thread they're reading.

Comments

simpdog: hotlinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric

1. Cmoney
    32. Garrett
    2. WillieMcFML
    31. cla
    3. TonyBags
    30. Son of Lockman
    4. DanDruff
    29. Rollo

Why didn't you include BCR and Crowe? What's your fucking problem man?!

Banned
    Load Metric
    lol, I just pulled some names off the top of my head.

Load Metric
    In all seriousness you will leave someone out and they will get bent. It happened the first time I did the bracket geek thing which is why I started making them so large. If you want to put in the time then go for it. Make the song/video first imo...you'll probably go further in the bracket.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric

In all seriousness you will leave someone out and they will get bent. It happened the first time I did the bracket geek thing which is why I started making them so large. If you want to put in the time then go for it. Make the song/video first imo...you'll probably go further in the bracket.

whoever he is, however I feel about him, he's still an artist. Telling an artist what to paint makes an artist feel weird. He'd feel like a faggot throughout the process and wouldn't be proud of the finished product no matter what.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Losing on a tiebreaker, what a gyp. What was the tiebreaker, bankroll?

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: second place is really just the first loser....... you had my vote though

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Losing on a tiebreaker, what a gyp. What was the tiebreaker, bankroll?
    LOL

If we learned one thing in life from this folks, money matters.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: influence pedeling from were i sit

WillieMcFML: cállate garrett

Load Metric
    On Tie Breakers the software basically tosses a coin. I thought it was the most fair.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    On Tie Breakers the software basically tosses a coin. I thought it was the most fair.
    Could use the votes in the previous round(s) as tiebreaker beforing tossing a coin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    Could use the votes in the previous round(s) as tiebreaker beforing tossing a coin.
    You should just say that the machine (with its advanced bracket intelligence) analyzes the situation, takes all factors into account, and makes an infallible decision as to who wins.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think BracketGeek is perfect for this... provided that its bugs/issues are fixed.

MAJOR ISSUE #1: New users can't get approved. Or at least I couldn't. Never received the validation e-mail.

MAJOR ISSUE #2: It's hard to navigate a large bracket like this one. Try using it on an iPhone and you can't really scroll to the sides. Even on a PC it's hard. I'm sure this frustrates people.

MINOR ISSUE: The tie situation. I agree that the person with the bigger margin of victory in the previous round should advance, with the exception of the first round, to where it should just be random.

I agree with Srsly that the brackets should be set up according to previous contest results, where the top finishers are at first pitted against the worst finishers, and so on. This prevents situations where you have a first-round loss between two heavyweights.

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Dan Druff;234274]I think BracketGeek is perfect for this... provided that its bugs/issues are fixed.

MAJOR ISSUE #1: New users can't get approved. Or at least I couldn't. Never received the validation e-mail.

MAJOR ISSUE #2: It's hard to navigate a large bracket like this one. Try using it on an iPhone and you can't really scroll to the sides. Even on a PC it's hard. I'm sure this frustrates people.

MINOR ISSUE: The tie situation. I agree that the person with the bigger margin of victory in the previous round should advance, with the exception of the first round, to where it should just be random.

I agree with Srsly that the brackets should be set up according to previous contest results, where the top finishers are at first pitted against the worst finishers, and so on. This prevents situations where you have a first-round loss between two heavyweights.[/QUOTE]

Do you know how long that would take to put together? Nobody has done this in over a year either because they are too damn lazy or just don't care enough. I just thought of it out of the blue and said fuck it. It took me about 30 minutes I'd guess to put this one together. The other one took literally 15 seconds since I just copied and pasted. It's something I'd be happy to do next time I suppose since I don't really mind doing this type of thing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I think BracketGeek is perfect for this... provided that its bugs/issues are fixed.

I agree with Srsly that the brackets should be set up according to previous contest results, where the top finishers are at first pitted against the worst finishers, and so on. This prevents situations where you have a first-round loss between two heavyweights.

I like the tiebreaker idea of adding all of the votes in previous brackets and the one with most overall votes wins. In case of a tie there, then winner by Seed.. or bankroll.

Load Metric
    Congrats BCR. A whopping 17 total votes in the finals. Come on guys, you're better than this.

Thread Information