Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing White Woman: 2021 Edition (Gabby Petito)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's yet another example of a small police department lacking the experience for dealing with complex, high-profile crime. This was first seen with the Jon-Benet Ramsey case.

In general, you want a small police department investigating a small crime, and a large police department investigating a big crime.

For example, if someone vandalizes your car, you will be laughed out of the LAPD if you report it. In a small town, with little else to do, they'll actually do some investigation on something like this. However, you want the LAPD on the job if you're dealing with a murder, because they have the experience and resources to handle it, whereas a small police department will be inexperienced and clueless.

They've already fucked this up by letting Brian Laundrie slip away, given the high probability the entire time that he killed her. At the very least, they should have made contact with him in person, and then kept him under surveillance 24/7.

Load Metric
    Can we talk about hypothetically how good todge would be at murdering women hed literally never make a mistake kid knows all the angles THE INS THE OUTS THE DOS THE DONTS our boy would be fucking on point

Load Metric
    todge were going out on a limb team laundrie for you?

Load Metric
    is the only thing holding you back from full on laundrie team the fact that were not sure he killed the other 2 chicks you know ur on board with the 2012 nissan transit van as a smart choice of car like that has to tickle you

Load Metric
    Going to take a flyer on this one.. Autopsy is gonna show she offed herself in fact.. Lets be honest why the hell would he kill her and leave the vehicle behind especially if it had evidence in it.. if he really did kill her he wouldve burned the damn thing up in the wilderness.. Instead it was left intact not far from where she was found.. While he was no saint neither was she.. She supposedly had assaulted him in the past too they both seemed like they were a pair of whackjobs who deserved each other.. Just playing Devils advocate here honestly but I suspect its going to come out different then everybodys assumed it was.

Comments

shoeshine box: he drove van back to fla. a blogger called cops about van..slo-down bro.are u High on meth?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    Going to take a flyer on this one.. Autopsy is gonna show she offed herself in fact.. Lets be honest why the hell would he kill her and leave the vehicle behind especially if it had evidence in it.. if he really did kill her he wouldve burned the damn thing up in the wilderness.. Instead it was left intact not far from where she was found.. While he was no saint neither was she.. She supposedly had assaulted him in the past too they both seemed like they were a pair of whackjobs who deserved each other.. Just playing Devils advocate here honestly but I suspect its going to come out different then everybodys assumed it was.

You don’t read very good. He didn’t abandon the van where she was killed. He drove it back to Florida.

You think his parents helped him run/kill himself because she offed herself? That’s be dum

Comments

shoeshine box: .

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post

I'm assuming you mean Jordan Graham. She actually received a rather harsh 30 year sentence after pleading guilty, and lost her appeal:

Graham was convicted of second-degree murder in December 2013, five months after she shoved her husband of seven days off a cliff in Glacier National Park. In March 2014, she was sentenced to 30 years in prison. She is currently incarcerated at a federal prison in Alabama.

She's still in prison in Alabama, not slated for release until 2039.
    Oh weird. I was following it at the time, and was sure I remembered her getting something like 8 years. Maybe I'm thinking of a different case with a lenient sentence.

Honestly she deserved life in prison for this. He wasn't abusive, she wasn't defending herself, and she just abrutply decided to push him off (with his back turned) after they had some kind of argument at Glacier National Park, presumably about her wanting to back out of the marriage.

His friends had previously warned him that she was "weird" and that something seemed wrong with her. Her friends described her as childlike and seemingly asexual, and not someone who was ready to get married.

Anyway, this was straight up murder, and then she (poorly) falsified evidence to cover it up. Glad she at least got 30 for this.
    I’m guessing that on the way down, her soon-to-be-dead-husband wished he’d instead chosen to get an annulment.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: GOD
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Oh weird. I was following it at the time, and was sure I remembered her getting something like 8 years. Maybe I'm thinking of a different case with a lenient sentence.

Honestly she deserved life in prison for this. He wasn't abusive, she wasn't defending herself, and she just abrutply decided to push him off (with his back turned) after they had some kind of argument at Glacier National Park, presumably about her wanting to back out of the marriage.

His friends had previously warned him that she was "weird" and that something seemed wrong with her. Her friends described her as childlike and seemingly asexual, and not someone who was ready to get married.

Anyway, this was straight up murder, and then she (poorly) falsified evidence to cover it up. Glad she at least got 30 for this.
    I’m guessing that on the way down, her soon-to-be-dead-husband wished he’d instead chosen to get an annulment.
    You are without a doubt the dumbest and most unfunny poster on this site. Not even close. Please jackknife your truck in a lake.

Comments

MumblesBadly: *into

Load Metric
    While we're on the topic of converting vans into campers, seriously, spend the extra money and get the Mercedes Sprinter diesel. I have one of the Nissan high roofs too, underrated for cheaper gas versions on this. These two were in one of the small Ford Transits, which is obviously just way too small. Completely avoid the full size Transit vans in any model as well - they are all trash plagued with problems, particularly with the rear differentials. But seriously, two people should not be trying the van life thing in one of the Transit Connects, definitely contributed to the murder.
    Last edited by VaughnP; 09-21-2021 at 08:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    While we're on the topic of converting vans into campers, seriously, spend the extra money and get the Mercedes Sprinter diesel. I have one of the Nissan high roofs too, underrated for cheaper gas versions on this. These two were in one of the small Ford Transits, which is obviously just way too small. Completely avoid the full size Transit vans in any model - they are all trash plagued with problems, particularly with the rear differentials. But seriously, two people should not be trying the van life thing in one of the Transit Connects, definitely contributed to the murder.
    The funny thing is that the van has actually gotten some plaudits since all the publicity. One supposed witness claimed they remembered the van in the Tetons because it was "cute" and how they thought at the time that it was "perfect" to drive around for couples road trips.

I've seen comments on Reddit where people have said they liked the modified van and would consider taking something like that in the future (minus the murdering, of course).

But yeah it did look very small to me. I thought it may not be as bad for them, since they were both young and neither of them was tall, so it's more tolerable to be crammed into a small space. You're probably not wrong that the cramped space contributed to the murder. Clearly they were getting on each other's nerves, and then starting around August 12, things got considerably worse, and 2 weeks later she was dead.

I mentioned that similar murder at Glacier National Park in 2013. That murder occurred on July 7, and I was at Glacier (though unaware of the murder) about 2 weeks later.

In this case, Gabby sent a postcard to Brian's niece from Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, in late July. I was at Garden of the Gods in mid-July (and Sanlmar was just there). Again, about 2 weeks apart, though in this case the murder didn't happen until a month after that.

Comments

Sanlmar: Wife will get a kick out of this

Load Metric
    Looks like he’s 500 miles away hiding as suspected:

https://nypost.com/2021/09/21/brian-...-cam-cops-say/
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yeah very hard to hide these days with so many cameras everywhere. If you are all over the news and trying to hide away, your only shot is really to have an accomplice (one not easily known to be linked to you) holing you up in their house/apartment, and you committing never to leave until everything dies down. But of course it's very hard to find such a person to do this, as they will be risking their own freedom for helping you, and anyone willing to take such a risk will likely be known to authorities.

His smartest play here would have been to drive to Mexico before her body was found, and hope to disappear down there somewhere. Staying in Florida and trying to survive as a backpacker (without being caught) is just LOL. How long does he think that will last?

High chance they round him up within the next 48 hours.

Comments

PositiveVariance: Looks like a tattoo on his neck?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeshine box View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    It would depend on who he or she killed. If it was some douchebag like Tucker Carlson or Gavin Newsom, the answer would be a big no. If it was a child? Maybe I would turn them in.

Thats Honest...t.y for that Jayjami.

Let us broaden the Q.....Your son admits to you He has killed his 2 yr GF who you like and you know her folks......

That's a tuff spot I never wish no one in.... That is a Q.
    I don’t think I’d turn him in, but I wouldn’t abet his capture or his escape.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm guessing he told his parents a story that she was getting increasingly crazy during the trip, attacked him numerous times, and one time when he defended himself, he accidentally killed her.

Parents probably realized how bad this would look (especially since he just left the body behind and drove home), so they probably attempted to help him avoid being arrested/convicted for this. If your kid, who had no history of violence, came home and claimed he accidentally killed his girlfriend during a fight, and then panicked and left the scene, you'd probably have a lot of sympathy and try to help them get out of it, too. It's different than finding out your kid just straight up murdered someone, because there your moral objections to helping him might kick in, rather than a case where you think it was an accident which will appear to be murder.

I actually think there's some chance that it was an accidental killing, but he'll never be able to convince anyone of it at this point. Provided they take him alive, the criminal trial for this will be very interesting. A good defense attorney has a lot to work with, thanks to the August 12th video of Gabby hitting him, while he appears to be the calmer of the two. I can easily see this being pled down to manslaughter. There is a decent chance he will just off himself if the cops close in, though.

Comments

garrett: Never makes it right tho, and wtf Druff.. " I actually think there's some chance that it was an accidental killing"

FRANKRIZZO: good points, probably getting more aggresive but he ran away and went into hiding

Load Metric
    It looks to me like Laundrie and his family will be ordering legal services off the value menu. So I don’t know that he will fare too well in court.

As well, Laundrie is referred to as “Gabby Petito’s boyfriend”. He doesn’t even have a name until a few paragraphs into any given article. He needs Bauer’s agent, Rachel Luba, to do some PR. It could have been consensual. That sort of thing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, and there were unconfirmed reports of Brian being spotted in Mobile, AL, prior to this recent revelation of being in Baker, FL.

Mobile is only 95 miles from Baker, so that makes the Mobile reports more likely to be accurate. He was probably in Mobile, read that people spotted him, and he drove back to northern FL in what he thought was a remote area where he could hide.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, the SJWs are all up in arms that Gabby is getting attention because she's white, whereas "missing women of color are ignored".

Well, yeah, that's true.

What's also true is that ALL males are ignored when they go missing, regardless of their race or social class. Articles like this one don't even bother to mention that fact, which of course is a very important detail when analyzing which missing people get national coverage.

The question should be: "Why is it only white females under 40 who get attention when they go missing?", not, "Why don't women of color get attention when they go missing?"

SJWs like to avoid talking about the lack of attention given to missing males, because that puts the dreaded straight white male in the same "ignored" box as women of color, and obviously they don't want you to think about that.

Comments

tigerpiper: Whataboutism negative rep

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Offset

Sidewinder: preach

Sloppy Joe: Incel cuck take

Load Metric
    I'm guessing he told his parents a story that she was getting increasingly crazy during the trip, attacked him numerous times, and one time when he defended himself, he accidentally killed her.

Parents probably realized how bad this would look (especially since he just left the body behind and drove home), so they probably attempted to help him avoid being arrested/convicted for this. If your kid, who had no history of violence, came home and claimed he accidentally killed his girlfriend during a fight, and then panicked and left the scene, you'd probably have a lot of sympathy and try to help them get out of it, too. It's different than finding out your kid just straight up murdered someone, because there your moral objections to helping him might kick in, rather than a case where you think it was an accident which will appear to be murder.

I actually think there's some chance that it was an accidental killing, but he'll never be able to convince anyone of it at this point. Provided they take him alive, the criminal trial for this will be very interesting. A good defense attorney has a lot to work with, thanks to the August 12th video of Gabby hitting him, while he appears to be the calmer of the two. I can easily see this being pled down to manslaughter. There is a decent chance he will just off himself if the cops close in, though.
    At this point, a homicide has probably been committed. Zero evidence of murder however. If he turns himself in, he can probably cop a negligent homicide (manslaughter) plea and be out in 5 years with good behavior. The DA would likely go for it, unless there is other forensic evidence available.

Comments

1marley1: Plus a thousand lawyers that would take it for free for the press
    Last edited by Jayjami; 09-21-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Load Metric
    Hiding in a swamp in Florida is not a good idea.

They will probably find the boyfriend's remains in the belly of an alligator.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tigerpiper just gave me this negative rep, for my post about the SJW article:

Whataboutism negative rep

This isn't whataboutism. I was talking directly about the complaint lodged in the article -- that missing women of color are ignored, therefore it's racist to only cover the missing white women.

However, the article completely ignores that missing men are never covered by national media. What's the reason for that? Sexism against men?

Clearly the reason for the heavy coverage of missing white women isn't racism, but rather that young white women are in a special category of their own, and given special treatment in missing persons situations. The reason for this is complex, but it's definitely not racism, or white males would be covered when they go missing (and they aren't).

Thread Information