Page 623 of 946 FirstFirst ... 123523573613619620621622623624625626627633673723 ... LastLast
Results 12,441 to 12,460 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    "According to the Yankees, all of the infected team members had been inoculated with the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which was found to be 72 percent effective at preventing moderate to severe covid-19 and 74 percent effective at preventing asymptomatic infection." — The Washington Post

So I think we're going to have to start seeing a public differentiation between the results of the J&J vaccine and the results of the other two.

Gleyber Torres did the Johnson & Johnson one, as did the rest of the Yankees. I'm guessing this is because the athletes weren't particularly worried about COVID, with almost all of them being under 35 and in great shape.

So yes, if the J&J vaccine only gives you 74% protection against asymtomatic infection, and 72% against moderate-to-severe COVID, then you still have a decent chance of getting COVID on it.

As I said before on radio, the J&J vaccine isn't bad if you are young and don't want to hassle with the double-dose thing, but if you're over 40, you should definitely go for Pfizer/Moderna.

I wonder which one Bill Maher had. I could see him also doing Johnson & Johnson, believing he's too busy to bother with a double-dose vaccine.

I had a choice which one I wanted, and there was no question I wanted Pfizer. Took longer, and required two trips, but I'm very happy that's the one I chose.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    "According to the Yankees, all of the infected team members had been inoculated with the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which was found to be 72 percent effective at preventing moderate to severe covid-19 and 74 percent effective at preventing asymptomatic infection." — The Washington Post

So I think we're going to have to start seeing a public differentiation between the results of the J&J vaccine and the results of the other two.

Gleyber Torres did the Johnson & Johnson one, as did the rest of the Yankees. I'm guessing this is because the athletes weren't particularly worried about COVID, with almost all of them being under 35 and in great shape.

So yes, if the J&J vaccine only gives you 74% protection against asymtomatic infection, and 72% against moderate-to-severe COVID, then you still have a decent chance of getting COVID on it.

As I said before on radio, the J&J vaccine isn't bad if you are young and don't want to hassle with the double-dose thing, but if you're over 40, you should definitely go for Pfizer/Moderna.

I wonder which one Bill Maher had. I could see him also doing Johnson & Johnson, believing he's too busy to bother with a double-dose vaccine.

I had a choice which one I wanted, and there was no question I wanted Pfizer. Took longer, and required two trips, but I'm very happy that's the one I chose.

Yeah, you posted a good video showing how effective all three were according to clinical trials when it comes to death,but it sure seems Pfizer and Moderna are superior now just looking at results with half the country vaccinated. None of these notable people have gotten particularly sick, but when you add in more serious side effects also, just not worth it if you have access to the others.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20210515-091434_Reddit.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  318.4 KB

LISTEN TO THE SCIENTISTS!

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric

the charade starting to fall apart in the last few days!

shout out to all the guinea pigs in the vaccine trial, you're so stunning and brave!

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric

I wonder which one Bill Maher had. I could see him also doing Johnson & Johnson, believing he's too busy to bother with a double-dose vaccine.goal should be to infec
    Should be to infect
    I took the Pfizer one, but would have happy taken the J&J. While it isn’t as effective in preventing infection, it is 100% effective in preventing death and very few people got really sick.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

I wonder which one Bill Maher had. I could see him also doing Johnson & Johnson, believing he's too busy to bother with a double-dose vaccine.goal should be to infec
    Should be to infect
    I took the Pfizer one, but would have happy taken the J&J. While it isn’t as effective in preventing infection, it is 100% effective in preventing death and very few people got really sick.
    so basically like having a normal immune system response to the virus??

oh yeah but you are old and fat, so probably a good decision to take the vaccine in your position

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

the charade starting to fall apart in the last few days!

shout out to all the guinea pigs in the vaccine trial, you're so stunning and brave!
    Everybody should take off their masks. Our goal should be to infect team retard ASAP to build up herd immunity. The rest of us are vaxxed, if they want to believe FOX News over science, more power to them.

Comments

BCR: 100%. Almost every infection going forward is good news. Either a step towards herd immunity, or a -1 from team retard.

simpdog: lol

Load Metric

oh yeah but you are old and fat, so probably a good decision to take the vaccine in your position
    5’ 10” 165 lbs. Going skiing today. Enjoy your day in your mom’s basement.
    Name:  1378CD46-BF25-4D86-B2A6-C1EA47F6DDBB.jpeg
Views: 266
Size:  2.37 MB

Comments

JoeD:

Load Metric

5’ 10” 165 lbs. Going skiing today. Enjoy your day in your mom’s basement.
    Name:  1378CD46-BF25-4D86-B2A6-C1EA47F6DDBB.jpeg
Views: 266
Size:  2.37 MB
    yeah whatever fatso

Load Metric
    Comments
    BCR: 100%. Almost every infection going forward is good news. Either a step towards herd immunity, or a -1 from team retard

lol too bad 99.98% of people under 80 will survive.

seethe harder doomer fag

Load Metric
    nice to see this site going full anti-vax right wing shithole in a thread about an actual ongoing rapidly evolving plague.

anyway

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...ogists-letter/

^ top biologists are begging for some sort of safe space to just have an earnest honest conversation about whether or not covid came from a lab and the odds of that being allowed are :zero because, obviously, the right wing populists would have us in a hot nuclear exchange with china in about 15 minutes if they determined it did.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    nice to see this site going full anti-vax right wing shithole in a thread about an actual ongoing rapidly evolving plague.

anyway

^ top biologists are begging for some sort of safe space to just have an earnest honest conversation about whether or not covid came from a lab and the odds of that being allowed are :zero because, obviously, the right wing populists would have us in a hot nuclear exchange with china in about 15 minutes if they determined it did.
    lol right on que propaganda boy comes in with absolute shit-facts, nice try doomer fag, go back to stonksite where nobody cares about your shit-opinions

Load Metric
    Comments
    BCR: 100%. Almost every infection going forward is good news. Either a step towards herd immunity, or a -1 from team retard

seethe harder doomer fag
    That’s the step towards herd immunity. I don’t care if the dirty unhygienic anti vax crowd dies or simply don’t get others sick. Honestly, you’re so irrelevant, no one cares if you live or die as long as you don’t spread it to people of relevance.

Comments

splitthis: U deserve this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Comments

seethe harder doomer fag
    That’s the step towards herd immunity. I don’t care if the dirty unhygienic anti vax crowd dies or simply don’t get others sick. Honestly, you’re so irrelevant, no one cares if you live or die as long as you don’t spread it to people of relevance.
    whatever vaccine boy, snort more coke faggot

Load Metric

anyway

I found the Chinese scientist’s retort amusing.

“The hypothesis of a lab leaking is just based on the expertise of a lab which has long been working on bat coronaviruses which are phylogenetically related to SARS-CoV-2”

I mean that’s not proof, but she stated it like the idea that it is suspicious where it occurred and their field of research is crazy, instead of its crazy bad luck if it isn’t.

That statement is so silly it’s like some senior party official wrote it and made her sign it. She can’t really perform science at a high level, and not grasp why it’s curious we haven’t found the leap from animal to human and happened to notice where it first appeared and what they did there.

Load Metric

I don’t do coke anymore, but should I choose to tonight and die it doesn’t matter. I’m also irrelevant. I’m not changing the world or creating the cure for cancer over here. Being anti-vax is just so stupid on every level that no one of any actual importance would ever hold such nonsensical beliefs. Having the ability to critically think and being anti-vax are entirely incompatible. No one of any relevance, doing something that matters, would ever be anti-vax. It’s really that simple.

Load Metric
    I don’t do coke anymore, but should I choose to tonight and die it doesn’t matter. I’m also irrelevant. I’m not changing the world or creating the cure for cancer over here. Being anti-vax is just so stupid on every level that no one of any actual importance would ever hold such nonsensical beliefs. Having the ability to critically think and being anti-vax are entirely incompatible. No one of any relevance, doing something that matters, would ever be anti-vax. It’s really that simple.
    oh

Load Metric
    someday there will be an actual DSM defined personality disorder in the books which describes the pathos of people talking to team retard cheerleaders like team retard are good faith members of the conversation.

Comments

BCR: It will just be an addendum to an already considerable list

splitthis: U deserve this

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric

anyway

The asymmetry that currently exists where China can and does act with impunity to make the world a worse place for everyone for its own short-term benefit, and it is incumbent on the rest of the world to make giant concessions to not makes things worse, is problematic at best.

Also, at this point all right wing populists already assume Covid came from a lab, so I am not sure how much they would want to ratchet up the tension if proof came out this was true; but maybe you are right.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

anyway

The asymmetry that currently exists where China can and does act with impunity to make the world a worse place for everyone for its own short-term benefit, and it is incumbent on the rest of the world to make giant concessions to not makes things worse, is problematic at best.

Also, at this point all right wing populists already assume Covid came from a lab, so I am not sure how much they would want to ratchet up the tension if proof came out this was true; but maybe you are right.

its a comfortable place for them because the sheer volume of deliberate subterfuge and disinformation somehow magically insulates themselves from the accusations that they are hereditary simpletons with the critical thinking skills of lamprey eels.

'i cant possibly be stupid, there are a hundred thousand posts a day in this reddit that somehow perfectly appeals to my victim complex and my distrust of science faggots. so YOURE the stupid one' etc etc.

but once you start stacking up evidence that this can all be pinned at the feet of a handful of chinese post grads trying not to piss off their bosses and get their organs harvested, suddenly youll have a new crop of 'republican leadership' who got elected on the platform that biblical vengeance is the only true American option at this point and from there its a very short historical jog to president greene hitting the launch button.

Comments

splitthis: Redddddd

Thread Information