Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Apparently Bart Hanson hates free speech (Parler and Twitter censorship issue)

Load Metric
    I am surfin Parler just fine without google and apple. Lolz they gonna lose money big. We will not forget this weak attempt at silencing us.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I am surfin Parler just fine without google and apple. Lolz they gonna lose money big. We will not forget this weak attempt at silencing us.
    parler or not can we agree Bart Hanson is a humongous faggot?

Comments

splitthis: Who gives a fuck about him

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't think you understand. AWS will be dropping Parler shortly, so while it may be working right now, it won't be after today.

Until they can find a new server, Parler is DD. So far there aren't any other servers who want to work with Parler; if im understanding correctly, even if they eventually find one, they still have to rebuild the entire infrastructure.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    looks like donald.win gimps are turning on parler, apparantly gab is the greatest thing since sliced bread
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't have an account on Parler, and don't have a lot of sympathy for them.

However, let's not pretend this isn't political.

Parler being banned from app stores and Twitter removing certain high-profile right wing accounts sends a clear message that only one ideology is welcome there.
    Yes, the non-violent inciting ideology.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Parler being banned from app stores and Twitter removing certain high-profile right wing accounts sends a clear message that only one ideology is welcome there.
    the left wing losers called for violent riots, unrest in the streets and burning things down for months you fucking faggot

to think you can come here and gaslight us into thinking your side is non violent

ROFL GET OUTTA HERE DUPED_BY_SMOLLET

Load Metric
    Name:  reap.png
Views: 312
Size:  8.9 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Name:  reap.png
Views: 312
Size:  8.9 KB
    did you take that screen shot with a fucking 1999 imac or what? why is it so blurry you fucking boomer

Comments

Sheesfaced: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    I don't think you understand. AWS will be dropping Parler shortly, so while it may be working right now, it won't be after today.

Until they can find a new server, Parler is DD. So far there aren't any other servers who want to work with Parler; if im understanding correctly, even if they eventually find one, they still have to rebuild the entire infrastructure.

wow. who says there is nothing exciting in contract law anymore? the attorneys for each side are working tonight undoubtedly---drafting filings, negotiating an extension of the deadline, talking to Parler investers/investment funds holding Amazon stock...fun times.

so which competitor of Amazon Web Services will give the orphan a home?

Microsoft Azure.
    Google Cloud.
    Alibaba Cloud.
    IBM.
    Oracle.
    Virtustream.
    CenturyLink.
    Rackspace.
    Joyent.
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 01-10-2021 at 06:14 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

wow. who says there is nothing exciting in contract law anymore? the attorneys for each side are working tonight undoubtedly---drafting filings, negotiating an extension of the deadline, talking to Parler investers/investment funds holding Amazon stock...fun times.

Microsoft Azure.
    Google Cloud.
    Alibaba Cloud.
    IBM.
    Oracle.
    Virtustream.
    CenturyLink.
    Rackspace.
    Joyent.
    It’s gonna be really huuuuuggee and take a big bite out of apples asssssss motherfuckers.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

Microsoft Azure.
    Google Cloud.
    Alibaba Cloud.
    IBM.
    Oracle.
    Virtustream.
    CenturyLink.
    Rackspace.
    Joyent.
    It’s gonna be really huuuuuggee and take a big bite out of apples asssssss motherfuckers.
    keep crying

trump is finished

HOUSE-DEMS
    SENATE-DEMS
    PRESIDENCY-DEMS

Comments

splitthis: Fuck off moron

gimmick:

Walter Sobchak: offset that cunt

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

the left wing losers called for violent riots, unrest in the streets and burning things down for months you fucking faggot

to think you can come here and gaslight us into thinking your side is non violent

ROFL GET OUTTA HERE DUPED_BY_SMOLLET
    You seem much angrier than normal.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You can't even say that Twitter is banning extremism, because they are only banning one side of the aisle. Their bias has been super-obvious for awhile now. The banning of the NY Post, and banning of all users sharing that Hunter Biden article, was particularly egregious. Even their explanation ("violation of hacked materials policy") was nonsense, because they were fully onboard with allowing the NY Times article about Trump's stolen tax info to be published.

Censorship of so-called "dangerous" people or ideologies is a really, really bad idea. "Dangerous ideas" has long been the excuse for ideological censorship in fascist regimes. The "private company" explanation is nonsense, because major social media has become the equivalent of a huge public square, and needs to be treated like one. Anything they suppress is very much censorship, even if it's not government-mandated.
    What is being banned from these social media platforms is hate speech and all that goes with it.
    These corporate entities that you say are censoring “dangerous people and ideas” are really
    guided by what has them there in the first place. Profit. Advertisers pay the bills and advertisers
    do not pony up when there is no market or that market is one the advertiser wants nothing to do with.
    Free market wins all the time, right?

It's a huge public square but one with a very private backbone.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

i agree...more like using a controlled subsidiary to limit distribution of a competitor--it appears this maybe a move that injures competition in the social media market, hence anti-trust litigation possible?
    That's funny but of course you’re serious.

Lawyers needing a gig
    "Parler Files Antitrust Lawsuit Against Amazon Over Shutdown"

https://1019bigwaax.iheart.com/conte...over-shutdown/

well Les, got anything to say now?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

That's funny but of course you’re serious.
    Lawyers needing a gig

Dominion sues pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell, seeking more than $1.3 billion

Yah this just in. John can sue Jane, Jane can sue John and Sue, the lawyer, is muy contenta.
    Much like team Trump and the election there is literally no other hope for Parler. Kiss is goodbye

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...3a1_story.html

Load Metric

Yah this just in. John can sue Jane, Jane can sue John and Sue, the lawyer, is muy contenta.
    Much like team Trump and the election there is literally no other hope for Parler. Kiss is goodbye
    maybe...i guess it depends on how deep the pockets are of Parler's backers. But didn't Gab.com go through a similar denial of service back in 2018?

At the least, the Parler execs should have had emergency plans to get back up and running for what happened, shame on them if they did not--i don't believe this type of stoppage is covered by business interruption insurance. Fun to watch.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Much like team Trump and the election there is literally no other hope for Parler. Kiss it goodbye
    maybe...i guess it depends on how deep the pockets are of Parler's backers. But didn't Gab.com go through a similar denial of service back in 2018?

At the least, the Parler execs should have had emergency plans to get back up and running for what happened, shame on them if they did not--i don't believe this type of stoppage is covered by business interruption insurance. Fun to watch.
    The platforms that provide unpaid members a “voice” are supported by advertisers. If unpaid members take an unpopular stance, i.e. white supremacy, said members can be dropped with no repercussions. It's that simple.
    Free speech is still alive in the U.S.A. but you will have to pay for it.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: lol, that is still true

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The platforms that provide unpaid members a “voice” are supported by advertisers. If unpaid members take an unpopular stance, i.e. white supremacy, said members can be dropped with no repercussions. It's that simple.
    There are several so called lawyers in this mix. People who think a degree wins some sort of battle.
    The evidence of justice gone wrong or even a sad day for the profession means little to these little people.
    It is a part of life. It needs to be there, but it needs to be watched.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This is a good point, but there are a number of right-leaning advertisers who would love to pay for ads on a huge site full of right wingers.

For example, guns/ammo, tactical/survival gear, precious metal brokers, and even general businesses using a right-wing gimmick to attract customers who just want to support those with their own ideology.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Greed is your biggest problem and the process for it is unchecked. Profit taking will play out, Negatively, IMO. You're already paying the price when people like you choose profit vs. social stability. The end is now near. You are a minority regardless of how powerful you may feel

ss. sorry bad writing had to edit
    Last edited by limitles; 01-11-2021 at 10:33 PM.

Thread Information