Page 528 of 946 FirstFirst ... 28428478518524525526527528529530531532538578628 ... LastLast
Results 10,541 to 10,560 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I wonder which political figure said that they needed to be held accountable and the other side said that was xenophobic and perfectly fine to visit those communities all over the US..

Oh wait...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    I wonder which political figure said that they needed to be held accountable and the other side said that was xenophobic and perfectly fine to visit those communities all over the US..

Oh wait...

no one said he was xenophobic for wanting to hold them accountable. we said he was a racist halfwit xenophobe because he was habitually negligent in all aspects of his leadership and wholly incapable of the sort of diplomatic touch necessary to work his way around china's quintessentially chinese bookkeeping during the crisis.

its become this weird lantern for the far right (read: pfa).. 'oh the left hated trump when he tried to deal with the crisis' when the literal truth of the matter is, he never believed there was a crisis, he just wanted to fuck with china because one day while railed on pharmaceutical speed he heard someone call them currency manipulators and thought it was cool enough to repeat, so smooth brain weirdo that he is, it became part of his political brand.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Oh wait...

no one said he was xenophobic for wanting to hold them accountable. we said he was a racist halfwit xenophobe because he was habitually negligent in all aspects of his leadership and wholly incapable of the sort of diplomatic touch necessary to work his way around china's quintessentially chinese bookkeeping during the crisis.

its become this weird lantern for the far right (read: pfa).. 'oh the left hated trump when he tried to deal with the crisis' when the literal truth of the matter is, he never believed there was a crisis, he just wanted to fuck with china because one day while railed on pharmaceutical speed he heard someone call them currency manipulators and thought it was cool enough to repeat, so smooth brain weirdo that he is, it became part of his political brand.
    Name:  OnlyAdorableAoudad-small (1).gif
Views: 329
Size:  621.7 KB

Load Metric

Was he too retarded or not retarded enough?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

his 130 days was up.

plus he had zero experience with pathogens, he was a neurosurgeon.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

his 130 days was up.

plus he had zero experience with pathogens, he was a neurosurgeon.
    I’m gonna take too retarded for $500 Joe.

Why would you accept a job you aren’t qualified for?

Load Metric
    there’s fear Team Trump purposely hamstrung the transition for weeks to “make timely vaccine distribution all but impossible,” leaving Trump “with the victory of overseeing its successful development, and an incoming President Biden with the failure to distribute it.”

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

So your argument is that by some unforeseen strange circumstances there wasn’t a net uptick in Covid spreading during the rioting? If true, which is debatable, I’m not sure that matters and isn’t what Druff is really concerned about. Druff is concerned with the hypocrisy of how it’s covered and the hundreds of thousands that didn’t care if they spread it. You can say later that the net effect wasn’t significant but it’s not like the rioters and the media members covering it had done that calculation at the time. In the moment, it seemed obvious to everyone that these protests/riots would spread Covid and the people participating didn’t give a shit and the media covering it basically looked the other way while blasting any conservative gathering to nauseam.
    Lot of things were unknown then, so you can say it was risk at the time. And you can say all sorts of things about the media. It's been a while when it was more about the news than entertainment. With that comes viewing demographics, sponsors/ads and giving focus groups what gets most minutes out of them.

I don't really agree anyone should keep parroting why X isn't allowed when BLM whatever was. Covid wise Thanksgiving is gonna fuck you over way more than BLM rallies did. Nothing to do with what's fair or decent. Well plague and Thanksgiving does kinda go together.

So I'm assuming since NYE is like less a month away, you have no problem with people standing in Times Square, providing they wear masks?

Why then are having a virtual only event?

Name:  gotcha-bitch-gisvas.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  25.9 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Lot of things were unknown then, so you can say it was risk at the time. And you can say all sorts of things about the media. It's been a while when it was more about the news than entertainment. With that comes viewing demographics, sponsors/ads and giving focus groups what gets most minutes out of them.

I don't really agree anyone should keep parroting why X isn't allowed when BLM whatever was. Covid wise Thanksgiving is gonna fuck you over way more than BLM rallies did. Nothing to do with what's fair or decent. Well plague and Thanksgiving does kinda go together.

So I'm assuming since NYE is like less a month away, you have no problem with people standing in Times Square, providing they wear masks?

Why then are having a virtual only event?

Name:  gotcha-bitch-gisvas.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  25.9 KB
    Yea that's exactly what i said. Thanks for this amazing contribution. Hels yourself.

Load Metric
    Jesus, 2611 dead today. We lost our 1000th person on 3/26. What are we thinking by 3/26/2021. 500k? Seems we are certain to have a month or two of over 3k deaths per day after holidays play out into numbers.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Was that the earliest you could get in? I can understand why I am so much more positive about Obamacare than you if so. I could get in for a colonoscopy next week if I wanted. If it’s possible to move it up, I certainly would. I woke up this morning and caught 15 minutes of radio and you were talking about having a family history.
    With most insurance being based on calendar year, those who have met the deductible are incentivized to get things done before the end of December. If you haven’t cleared the deductible and can wait until January that is in your interest. Plus, it is typically tough to get procedures done in December as Docs take time off & you can forget about the week between X-mas and New Years.
    Yeah, I assume he’s never hit the deductible on his policy. I assume even the year he struggled with his issues he didn’t. I haven’t ever hit mine. But theoretically I guess you’re correct in that you never know what next year brings.

Comments

JeffDime: That’s well put. You never know.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Jesus, 2611 dead today. We lost our 1000th person on 3/26. What are we thinking by 3/26/2021. 500k? Seems we are certain to have a month or two of over 3k deaths per day after holidays play out into numbers.
    100%. Cold weather, Covid fatigue, shit is about to pop off only this time it’s popping off everywhere. As I previously said, I’ve been careful AF the entire time but said fuck it for Thanksgiving and had my mom over. Has to be millions of people like me. Wife talked to a friend who’s a nurse in Pennsylvania and she said they have 596 beds in their hospital which is at full capacity and by next week they project half those beds will have Covid patients. She delivers babies but is being moved to help with the Covid patients. She’s starting to see a lot of pregnant women with Covid which is scaring the shit out of her.

Load Metric
    Yeah, PA had it’s worst day today since spring. We did the other day. It’s bad here atm, but it’s bad a lot of places. Crazy, I’ll see threads pop up here that are from six years ago, and I’ll think that feels like a year or two ago.

This thread is the exact opposite. I often forget this started this year. Longest year ever. When I look back at post from Feb and March, it feels like 2 years ago. I often forget this didn’t really shut us down until St Patrick’s Day. Feels much longer.

Load Metric
    Fairly conservative estimates are looking at 500k at early March.

It's still too early for the vaccine to have a significant effect, but if there's improvement in therapy or positive changes in mutation then there's a small chance of a smaller number.

Regarding the above post by OSA, it's a very bad idea to pack tons of wasted people together at the peak of flu season. I think it's safe to say we shouldn't expect Americans to behave responsibly. Flu related viruses spreading in the winter has everything to do with the cold and very little to do with spending more time indoors.

Comments

BCR: Yeah, I was going to say a buyer number, but I didn’t want to be hyperbolic.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I think there’s currently a lot of brainstorming going on trying to figure out how to convince the anti vax dipshits to take the vaccine. I heard something about maybe giving everyone who takes the vaccine $1,500. Would be interesting to see what effect that offer would have.

Comments

shoeshine box: turn on the printing presses! be MFers trying to take 2-3 shots.

Load Metric
    I think there’s currently a lot of brainstorming going on trying to figure out how to convince the anti vax dipshits to take the vaccine. I heard something about maybe giving everyone who takes the vaccine $1,500. Would be interesting to see what effect that offer would have.
    Would be interesting. When I think of anti-vaxxers I know, they are more crazy than poor. That’s just anecdotal, but I don’t think there are a lot of like inner city anti-vaxxers. I’ve never seen or heard of it if there is. They skew female super heavily. Lot of weird holistic types that will drop $115 on some snake oil herbal nonsense in a second. I don’t know any male anti-vax people, unless they’re kind of just going along with their wife. I’ve never heard a guy talking it. Most are moms, so if they actually believe that nonsense, they would feel like they are selling out their kid, or they are straight up nuts and think it’s some mark of the beast Bill Gates nonsense, and if you’re that crazy, $1500 isn’t changing any minds. Would be nice little bonus to throw on a football bet for those of us who would take it day 1 any way.

Load Metric
    Possible mass Vax fraud. People will be getting shot up 20 times with different aliases.. Will have to have strong vaxxer ID laws.

Comments

shoeshine box: word.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    Possible mass Vax fraud. People will be getting shot up 20 times with different aliases.. Will have to have strong vaxxer ID laws.
    Was thinking they would somehow give you a credit on your taxes but who knows.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Would be interesting. When I think of anti-vaxxers I know, they are more crazy than poor. That’s just anecdotal, but I don’t think there are a lot of like inner city anti-vaxxers. I’ve never seen or heard of it if there is. They skew female super heavily. Lot of weird holistic types that will drop $115 on some snake oil herbal nonsense in a second. I don’t know any male anti-vax people, unless they’re kind of just going along with their wife. I’ve never heard a guy talking it. Most are moms, so if they actually believe that nonsense, they would feel like they are selling out their kid, or they are straight up nuts and think it’s some mark of the beast Bill Gates nonsense, and if you’re that crazy, $1500 isn’t changing any minds. Would be nice little bonus to throw on a football bet for those of us who would take it day 1 any way.

You must not know any black people lol

Load Metric

You must not know any black people lol
    I know all kinds of black people. You know black anti vax people? I truly don’t. I’ve never heard them talk that gibberish. Only honkies.

Thread Information