Page 526 of 946 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536576626 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,520 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    The Coronavirus is killing people in America at the rate of one per minute.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    The Coronavirus is killing people in America at the rate of one per minute.

I've told you a MILLION times not to exaggerate.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Gov. Cuomo will receive an Emmy for his coronavirus briefings.

Druff, on a scale of "no tomatoes on the side" to "they told me I could use my comp points here but now they're trying to stick me with a $500 dinner bill," how much does this tilt you?
    Never mind about Druff. TYT’s lead hosts, Cenk Uygar and Ana Kasparian, are quite tilty about it, as they correctly criticize Cuomo for cutting New York state funding of Medicaid funding during the pandemic, which also cost the state billions in federal aid related to the pandemic, as those state cuts disqualified New York for that special aid.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Number of cases rising I wonder how high the numbers will rise with Thanksgiving. Looks like more people then expected will be flying. Person interviewed said going to 20 person get together. What's wrong with people. I have neighbors who put in swimming pool have huge get togethers from middle east. I wonder if more cites will shut down like they are in Newark.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Super disappointing not to see a lazy dwai post here

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Canada's provinces are more powerful compared to their federal government than America's states, but they're doing better than we are. Of course, they have socialized medicine and we don't.

Next stupid theory from Mr. Fancy NE School?
    Canada sucks, America is great, if you don't like it move to Canada you faggot
    Oh wait I found it

Comments

dwai: lol

Load Metric
    For fuck’s sake, Druff! Illinois is much colder this time of year than the other states mentioned in these tweets, and the Rona is more easily spread in such conditions. Illinois is also way more populous than equally cold states where the Rona is also surging. Why don’t those tweets point out how the death RATE in those states run by conservatives has worse infection rates in this current wave? But thank you for again showing how you repeatedly spread biased reports on this matter.

In the meantime, an analogous example of how like Trump and his GOP-run state allies, conservative governments have tended to fuck up their response to the Rona, just look north of the border to Canada, where Alberta’s conservative leader overrule the recommendations of its leading medical experts in responding to the pandemic that resulted in unnecessary deaths for the short-term temporary benefit of the economy.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Everyone is going to need one of these.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Come take your medicine Tine

Load Metric
    Too bad the conservotard’s tweets about Illinois‘ current COVID spike doesn’t give us a breakdown of new infection rates by county and whether Trump or Biden won that county. But here’s what I found with a few minutes of Googling the matter, something the apparently computer-literate owner of this forum couldn’t figure out how to do. I couldn’t find data for the most spike, but the stats by county are available for the cumulative outcomes from Illinois’ COVID information website.

This one shows the infection rate to-date by county.

Name:  4ECBFBA8-0BF1-44A6-9393-8DEF2A8D075E.jpeg
Views: 375
Size:  65.5 KB

And a quick Google search returned a map of the state showing whether Trump (red) or Biden (blue) received more votes by county this election.

Name:  A4CCC1AE-4506-4014-9E9D-165E42E342CB.jpeg
Views: 352
Size:  54.8 KB

Now, quick. Druff repeatedly claims that “Democrats would have done just as bad a job as Trump in handling this crisis.” Yet guess whose rabid followers tend to routinely follow their dear leader’s public dismissal of pandemic experts and criticize and ignore their recommended safety protocols regarding the COVID pandemic. And which Illinois counties overwhelming suffered greater infection rates.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Too bad the conservotard’s tweets about Illinois‘ current COVID spike doesn’t give us a breakdown of new infection rates by county and whether Trump or Biden won that county. But here’s what I found with a few minutes of Googling the matter, something the apparently computer-literate owner of this forum couldn’t figure out how to do. I couldn’t find data for the most spike, but the stats by county are available for the cumulative outcomes from Illinois’ COVID information website.

This one shows the infection rate to-date by county.

Name:  4ECBFBA8-0BF1-44A6-9393-8DEF2A8D075E.jpeg
Views: 375
Size:  65.5 KB

And a quick Google search returned a map of the state showing whether Trump (red) or Biden (blue) received more votes by county this election.

Name:  A4CCC1AE-4506-4014-9E9D-165E42E342CB.jpeg
Views: 352
Size:  54.8 KB

Now, quick. Druff repeatedly claims that “Democrats would have done just as bad a job as Trump in handling this crisis.” Yet guess whose rabid followers tend to routinely follow their dear leader’s public dismissal of pandemic experts and criticize and ignore their recommended safety protocols regarding the COVID pandemic. And which Illinois counties overwhelming suffered greater infection rates.
    Name:  OnlyAdorableAoudad-small (1).gif
Views: 305
Size:  621.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mumbles, GTFO with your faggy maps.

I love how leftists like you cite statistics and data when you feel the COVID numbers make your side look better, but then find ways to dance around those same numbers when they say the opposite.

So you want to blame the recent COVID spike in Illinois on weather, claiming that you can't compare it to much warmer Florida?

Ooooooooooookay. Let's take a look at overall death-per-million-pop numbers, then, and not worry about the November spikes.

Illinois 1091
    Florida 861

Hmmmm! Kind of looks like the awful, terrible Florida governor still has fewer deaths than Illinois, despite TWO different waves of COVID there.

But overall, the rate of death in Illinois is 10th in the nation, and Florida is 15th. What about the worst states?

NJ 1928
    NY 1774
    MA 1556
    CT 1391

Hmmm again! All states where Biden easily won.

COVID is all the fault of those damn Republicans, you see. The numbers prove it!

SCIENCE!!!!

Comments

OSA: wrecked

dwai: rekt indeed

Load Metric
    Mumbles, GTFO with your faggy maps.

I love how leftists like you cite statistics and data when you feel the COVID numbers make your side look better, but then find ways to dance around those same numbers when they say the opposite.

So you want to blame the recent COVID spike in Illinois on weather, claiming that you can't compare it to much warmer Florida?

Ooooooooooookay. Let's take a look at overall death-per-million-pop numbers, then, and not worry about the November spikes.

Illinois 1091
    Florida 861

Hmmmm! Kind of looks like the awful, terrible Florida governor still has fewer deaths than Illinois, despite TWO different waves of COVID there.

But overall, the rate of death in Illinois is 10th in the nation, and Florida is 15th. What about the worst states?

NJ 1928
    NY 1774
    MA 1556
    CT 1391

Hmmm again! All states where Biden easily won.

COVID is all the fault of those damn Republicans, you see. The numbers prove it!

SCIENCE!!!!
    Name:  Screenshot_20200810-193426_Gallery.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  241.4 KB

yeah mumbles, fuck you and your faggy maps faggot

Comments

TheXFactor: ASSCLOWN...He only talks out of his ass.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's an interesting stat to show how the "total cases" number is meaningless, given the difference in number of tests available in early 2020 versus late 2020.

As you all know, New York got hammered hard by the virus in the spring, when testing was sometimes hard to come by. North Dakota barely had any problem at all until the fall, when testing was easy and plentiful.

Both are bad in deaths per million population, though NY is substantially worse, due to the carnage in April:

NY 1774 (2nd worst in US)
    ND 1207 (8th worst in US)

However, look at number of cases per million populaiton:

NY 34,494 (37th worst in US)
    ND 103,217 (absolute worst in US)

So how is this possible? Did NY simply have horrendous medical care?

White it's true that the ability to keep people from dying has improved over time, that's not the whole story. In reality, NY was grossly undertested during its horrific spring.

As we can see from ND, 10.3% of the population has tested positive for COVID at some point. NY only had 3.4% of the population test positive at some point. Both are likely much higher -- I'm thinking both could be as high as 30%, and likely over 20%. Remember, even though testing is available now, many don't do it because they're certain they have it, or are asymptomatic and don't have a reason to test.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Here's an interesting stat to show how the "total cases" number is meaningless, given the difference in number of tests available in early 2020 versus late 2020.

As you all know, New York got hammered hard by the virus in the spring, when testing was sometimes hard to come by. North Dakota barely had any problem at all until the fall, when testing was easy and plentiful.

Both are bad in deaths per million population, though NY is substantially worse, due to the carnage in April:

NY 1774 (2nd worst in US)
    ND 1207 (8th worst in US)

However, look at number of cases per million populaiton:

NY 34,494 (37th worst in US)
    ND 103,217 (absolute worst in US)

So how is this possible? Did NY simply have horrendous medical care?

White it's true that the ability to keep people from dying has improved over time, that's not the whole story. In reality, NY was grossly undertested during its horrific spring.

As we can see from ND, 10.3% of the population has tested positive for COVID at some point. NY only had 3.4% of the population test positive at some point. Both are likely much higher -- I'm thinking both could be as high as 30%, and likely over 20%. Remember, even though testing is available now, many don't do it because they're certain they have it, or are asymptomatic and don't have a reason to test.
    so who won the election?
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

Aren't you doing exactly that? Right now, again. Something your side started at the beginning of the pandemic and then conveniently forgot when numbers for your side started to look worse.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Aren't you doing exactly that? Right now, again. Something your side started at the beginning of the pandemic and then conveniently forgot when numbers for your side started to look worse.
    I've always been honest about the virus, and not afraid to criticize my own side when warranted. In fact, I did just that at the end of this week's radio. I've also done it a bunch of times in this thread.

The different is that the right isn't running around screaming, "This is all the Democrats' fault!", and yet the left has made "Trump killed 250,000+ people" their main theme of 2020.

Well, I guess it's now Trump and GOP governors killed 250,000 people.

The left-wing media has been so dishonest about COIVD that they actually had the nerve to state that the BLM protests of 60,000 people weren't dangerous. Yet those same people can't explain why they're also against allowing large, outdoor events to take place. I thought huge gatherings of people outdoors is totally safe!

There's just been such tremendous dishonesty and hypocrisy from Democratic politicians and media babout this, while at the same time they sit on their high horses and smugly claim to be "the ones following the science".

Even worse, very few on the left (even on this forum) are willing to stand up and admit that their side has often been dishonest, contradictory, and hypocritical.

Load Metric
    druff, have you considered renaming the site to something about politics?

no one really plays or talks about poker. but politics is something that always drives the discussion.

i'm wondering if that would drive more traffic, too.

Thread Information