Page 531 of 634 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533534535541581631 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,620 of 12669

Thread: **OFFICIAL Donald J. Trump vs. Joseph (Joe) R. Biden Thread - 2020 Presidential Election**

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    lol biggest load of bullshit you've ever typed.
    Name:  BDSgif.gif
Views: 223
Size:  634.9 KB

Comments

dwai: got me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    The modern Republican Party that Druff has so loyally defended in its continual enabling of the most corrupt and self-serving president in American history knows no bounds to the depth of hypocrisy they will sink to.

For shame, Druff. For shame!
    P.S. It’s official: The Republican Party has gone full Trumptard with a ridiculous request that would delay certification of Michigan’s vote by the legislature for at least two weeks while an audit is conducted to examine whether there was election fraud that would have unfairly tilted the vote there for Biden, who leads by over 140,000 votes with less than 6000 remaining to counted as of this evening.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    you know, i thought the plan for permanent democrat control was to make DC and puerto rico states.

i never thought they could just convince republicans to give up on voting.

but trump somehow convinced his supporters that the process is rigged so here we are.

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1330079395483164673
    to be fair, there is no republican party, these are Trump people. no republican will ever win again, only Trump had a shot

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

It actually is wrong.

A net difference of 20 House seats in the GOP's favor (predicted loss of 10, actual victory of 10) proves that the above statement is wrong.

There are districts where Trump got stomped on, and yet the GOP House candidate won.

Graham and McConnell faced a nasty, $200 million campaign against them, and both won by large margins.

There is a Republican Party and will continue to be one because the Democrats have gone crazy. The message of this election was clear: "We, the American people, are tired of Trump, but we are also terrified of the far left taking control of this country."

There won't be the enthusiasm for the next candidate like there was for Trump, but there also won't be the anti-enthusiasm. What was good about Trump was also what was bad about Trump.

The Democrats were already starting to move left earlier in the 2010s, but Trump hastened that transformation because the collective TDS propelled the opposition into prominence. Now that they don't have the Orange Bogeyman to kick around anymore, good luck selling a lot of this extreme bullshit. They haven't learned a thing. Days after Biden was elected, they're already talking about cancelling college debt. Try selling that one to the blue-collar swing voter.

Basically the only way the Republicans don't win big in 2022 is if the coronavirus goes away, and the country comes roaring back with such enthusiasm and optimism that Biden gets (undeserved) credit.
    Druff,

The Republicans should be worried. All of the Democrats in the House who lost were centrist Democrats who didn’t support progressive policie such as Medicare-for-all and increasing the minimum wage to $15/hour. In the meantime, 4 more progressive Justice Democrats were elected to the House.

The progressive Dems are slowly gaining support among the general public, and that tide will continue to sweep more progressives Dems to primary victories at the party level, followed by wins in the general election. And no amount of non-Trump Republican blather from the likes of John Kasich that Biden needs to adopt moderate Republican policy positions is going to be able to sway enough of the populace into support the middle class-failing policies traditional conservatives are peddling.
    This is the poor understanding you continue to have about the way the public view progressives.

The hard left has been claiming that the progressives did well in the 2020 House elections, and the Democratic moderates did poorly, thus this is proof positive that people are rejecting moderates and identifying with progressives.

This is very flawed thinking. The problem with this theory is that Congressional elections are by district, and thus the base of voters varies extremely widely. The progressive has the edge in AOC's district. In purple districts -- and even some working-class blue districts -- the progressive turns people off. There aren't enough progressive districts out there to give a substantial number of victories to progressive candidates. In short, if the Dems ran all progressive House candidates in a Congressional race, they would get slaughtered.

So why did the moderates lose? Because they were dragged down by the progressives. It's all the same party, so even if the Democratic candidate is moderate and doesn't overtly support extreme left positions, voters will see "Democrat" and think, "Oh, that's the party which wants to defund the police, eliminate cash bail, cancel all college debt at taxpayer expense, allow 3-year-olds to transition, kill my health insurance, and raise everyone's taxes to pay for all this shit. No thanks!"

Democrats are finding that it is hard to run as a "moderate" these days, when the party branding is so loud and so left.

I actually hope that Democrats like you continue to think that the extreme progressive agenda is the way to go, and that the Democratic Party will do better in 2022 if they just continue going left.

Truthfully, there's a big opportunity right now for Democrats to crush the GOP in the 2020s if they just drop the extreme bullshit, and take on a more "we care about the average voter, fuck the elitists" attitude which propelled Trump to initial popularity. Instead, Democrats are telling white swing voters that they're all racists, and they're telling minorities that they must consider themselves victims, plus everyone needs to get on board with the extreme trans agenda and be okay with abortion at 9 months.

I think you just don't understand the way swing voters think. You spent a long time in academia, and I think it messed up your perception of the real world.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Uhhh... You ignored how those “moderate” Dems who lost did not support Medicare-for-all or $15 minimum wage. Typical dissembling from the facts.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    The sadly funny thing about Trump is he woulda CRUISED to re-election if he had chosen to be remotely serious about handling covid.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    The sadly funny thing about Trump is he woulda CRUISED to re-election if he had chosen to be remotely serious about handling covid.
    Not cruised. Maybe it would have been enough to squeak by.

The problem is that regardless of the "seriousness" shown, we would have had a relatively similar result. There wasn't a mistake he made which resulted in any realistic difference in number of deaths.

I know that the TDS left likes to say he caused a ton of death, but if you drop the bias and look at the reality, he actually didn't.

So "serious" Trump still presiding over 225,000 deaths by election day, I think it's mostly the same result. "Trump screwed it up, it's his fault, blah blah blah", and it's game over. Note that the media is incredibly hostile to him, and would have found a way to blame him no matter what.

I will say that since the election was fairly close, perhaps Trump with better messaging during COVID would have impressed enough people to where, even with the death, he could have made up those votes he lost in those close states, and taken the election.

The "cruising to victory" would have occurred if there was no COVID at all. That's how it was looking in January.

Load Metric
    Just read the dismissal of Rudy's hail mary Pennsylvania lawsuit. Dismissal was ordered tonight. The judge was hilarious. Totally called out their bullshit "legal arguments". Comically bad legal arguments by team trump.

The best part was there is a reasonably passable argument to be made in court, but Trump's attorneys were too stupid to see it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just read the dismissal of Rudy's hail mary Pennsylvania lawsuit. Dismissal was ordered tonight. The judge was hilarious. Totally called out their bullshit "legal arguments". Comically bad legal arguments by team trump.

The best part was there is a reasonably passable argument to be made in court, but Trump's attorneys were too stupid to see it.
    What was the reasonably passable argument?

Load Metric

The problem is that regardless of the "seriousness" shown, we would have had a relatively similar result. There wasn't a mistake he made which resulted in any realistic difference in number of deaths.

I know that the TDS left likes to say he caused a ton of death, but if you drop the bias and look at the reality, he actually didn't.

So "serious" Trump still presiding over 225,000 deaths by election day, I think it's mostly the same result. "Trump screwed it up, it's his fault, blah blah blah", and it's game over. Note that the media is incredibly hostile to him, and would have found a way to blame him no matter what.

I will say that since the election was fairly close, perhaps Trump with better messaging during COVID would have impressed enough people to where, even with the death, he could have made up those votes he lost in those close states, and taken the election.

The "cruising to victory" would have occurred if there was no COVID at all. That's how it was looking in January.
    You're just making up numbers. There would be a ton less dead and sick if dumbass hadn't made mask wearing a political thing. If you can't accept that basic fact, then let's skip discussing the rest of the issues because you're in truth isn't truth mode.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff’s beyond hope on the issue you raise due to his unending Trump apologia.

Load Metric

If you want to pay me 20k per day then I'm happy to share it. Blake can probably see it too and will probably share it with you for free out of boredom if you can convince him to read tonight's order.

Load Metric

You're just making up numbers. There would be a ton less dead and sick if dumbass hadn't made mask wearing a political thing. If you can't accept that basic fact, then let's skip discussing the rest of the issues because you're in truth isn't truth mode.
    Exactly

Lol @ arguing with a straight face that trump just couldn't have done anything more to save more lives than what he actually did

fuck that fat piece of shit traitor
    Last edited by big dick; 11-21-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Load Metric

Name:  OnlyAdorableAoudad-small (1).gif
Views: 193
Size:  621.7 KB

stop being a faggot, masks aren't saving anyone, you might feel better that you're wearing one and being a cuck but Trump didn't cause any deaths by saying masks are useless, just like Fauci did as well.

the left made it a political thing, not Trump you huge faggot

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  trumpnervous.png
Views: 195
Size:  236.2 KB

Comments

Tellafriend: Lol’d

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Making up numbers is exactly the point.

There have been zero credible studies about how many COVID deaths were caused by people choosing not to wear masks because Trump influenced them not to. (This is different, by the way, from people choosing ON THEIR OWN not to wear masks, regardless of what Trump said.)

I bet that would account for very few deaths. Either way, the hysterical left is just guessing at this.

At the same time, they aren't accounting for the very logical fact that the media's obsession with masking has caused the opposite problem -- the illusion of security of masking. Many believe that masking protects them, and thus put less effort into staying home and social distancing.

While this is anecdotal, a guy called into radio last night and talked about his friend's workplace, where they were actually asking COVID-positive people without symptoms to come in.

"Just put on a mask and it will be fine", these people were told.

There really is a widespread belief that mask wearing = safety.

It's very possible that more people have been killed by the belief that masking keeps them safe than people killed by non-masking due to Trump's reticence to push masking.

Either way, there's no studies on any of this, nor can anyone on the left explain why anti-masking Norway was never hit hard. It's a lot of guessing and speculation to blame it all on the Big Orange Bad Man.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

If you want to pay me 20k per day then I'm happy to share it. Blake can probably see it too and will probably share it with you for free out of boredom if you can convince him to read tonight's order.

Why are you opposed to sharing this argument? Are you afraid Trump reads PFA?

Load Metric
    YOU'RE JUST MAKING UP NUMBERS TODD

Load Metric

There have been zero credible studies about how many COVID deaths were caused by people choosing not to wear masks because Trump influenced them not to.

I bet that would account for very few deaths. Either way, the hysterical left is just guessing at this.

At the same time, they aren't accounting for the very logical fact that the media's obsession with masking has caused the opposite problem -- the illusion of security of masking, to where many believe that masking protects them, and thus put less effort into staying home and social distancing.

While this is anecdotal, a guy called into radio last night and talked about his friend's workplace, where they were actually asking COVID-positive people without symptoms to come in.

It's very possible that more people have been killed by the belief that masking keeps them safe than people killed by non-masking due to Trump's reticence to push masking.

Either way, there's no studies on any of this, nor can anyone on the left explain why anti-masking Norway was never hit hard. It's a lot of guessing and speculation to blame it all on the Big Orange Bad Man.
    Trump said it's was all a Democratic hoax and it's nothing more than a simple flu

No need to add to this or dispute it.

He downplayed it in March and continued to do so the entire time. Lot's of people died because of Trump and that's a fact

You can argue till you're blue in the face but these simple facts that I laid out are all anyone needs to know

Imagine arguing that trump couldn't have done more...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

There have been zero credible studies about how many COVID deaths were caused by people choosing not to wear masks because Trump influenced them not to. (This is different, by the way, from people choosing ON THEIR OWN not to wear masks, regardless of what Trump said.)

At the same time, they aren't accounting for the very logical fact that the media's obsession with masking has caused the opposite problem -- the illusion of security of masking. Many believe that masking protects them, and thus put less effort into staying home and social distancing.

All the blather you spout means nothing. Whether your point is valid or not makes no difference when the jury is still out and people are dying. Are you wearing a mask when you stock up on more toilet paper? With the amount of shit you spew you should be stocking up

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

There have been zero credible studies about how many COVID deaths were caused by people choosing not to wear masks because Trump influenced them not to.

At the same time, they aren't accounting for the very logical fact that the media's obsession with masking has caused the opposite problem -- the illusion of security of masking, to where many believe that masking protects them, and thus put less effort into staying home and social distancing.

Trump said it's was all a Democratic hoax and it's nothing more than a simple flu

He downplayed it in March
    and continued to do so the entire time. Lot's of people died because of Trump and that's a fact

You can argue till you're blue in the face but these simple facts that I laid out are all anyone needs to know

there's tons of clips of MSM, even your beloved CNN telling everyone not to worry, that this is just a flu, everything will be fine, go down to Chinatown, get on the subway, go to events.

Why do you not hold democrats responsible for this?

why is it only Trump that you rag on?

oh right, cause CNN told you to.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

He downplayed it in March and continued to do so the entire time. Lot's of people died because of Trump and that's a fact

I didn't say Trump couldn't have done more. I'm saying that Democrats wouldn't have done any better, and that Trump didn't cause a major difference in death rates.

Remember, Democrats spent most of February whining about xenophobia. That was their early contribution to this whole thing.

It's pure delusion to believe that Democrats were trying to jump and proactively handle this thing, while Trump was thwarting them and calling it a hoax.

Thread Information