Page 521 of 947 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531571621 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,420 of 18930

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Update from our friend in the ER. My wife's hospital was at 100% capacity yesterday (it's a big ass hospital). They had 10 people in the ER (not covid related) that they didn't have beds for so they had to basically coordinate with the entire hospital to find people to boot out from random floors so these ten ER patients could have a bed. We're starting to see the trickle down impacts for people with other aliments not receiving the care they typically would.
    kick out the lazy fat COVID patients

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Update from our friend in the ER. My wife's hospital was at 100% capacity yesterday (it's a big ass hospital). They had 10 people in the ER (not covid related) that they didn't have beds for so they had to basically coordinate with the entire hospital to find people to boot out from random floors so these ten ER patients could have a bed. We're starting to see the trickle down impacts for people with other aliments not receiving the care they typically would.
    kick out the lazy fat COVID patients
    and the heart attacks and strokes too, bunch of grifters

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    How serious are the corona cases in the hospital? Only the worst?
    Right, that's kind of what they're doing for alot of things. People that usually would spend a night or two in the hospital aren't being admitted.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Eisenhower View Post
    the overall death rate is up about 20% since the start of the pandemic

on the bright side most deaths are among the elderly. if we keep this up for a while longer pension obligations of state and local governments should fall
    The Seasonal Flu killed one person for every 1,000 infected.

The Coronavirus is killing people 10 times that right now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Eisenhower View Post
    the overall death rate is up about 20% since the start of the pandemic

on the bright side most deaths are among the elderly. if we keep this up for a while longer pension obligations of state and local governments should fall
    The Seasonal Flu killed one person for every 1,000 infected.

The Coronavirus is killing people 10 times that right now.

It's all a hoax.

Load Metric
    So tonight on the way home from work, I stopped off at Total Wine for some provisions for the weekend. While waiting in the checkout line (distanced of course), it was time to move up to the next spot demarcated on the floor. As I moved to the next spot, I caught a whiff of a fart left over from the portly gentleman in front of me in line. WTF?!!! I started audibly gagging inside of my mask, and then people around me started looking at me and started backing away thinking I was having a COVID coughing fit or something. It was an awkward situation. The only thing I could think of was to say "Alright, who farted?" So the guy in front of me, turns around and says.."Sure, blame the fat guy", and then laughs and says "Next time get a better mask."

Comments

Sheesfaced: lol

duped_samaritan: If you had covid you wouldn't be able to smell it.

Load Metric
    Street closures in Newark from 8am to 3pm.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Vaccines in record time, Gotta give Trump some credit. OWS looks like it’s working.

Remember when Trump said it could be done by the end of the year and all the pundits said, “That would be a miracle! He doesn’t know what he’s talking about”

Hmm.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Vaccines in record time, Gotta give Trump some credit. OWS looks like it’s working.

Remember when Trump said it could be done by the end of the year and all the pundits said, “That would be a miracle! He doesn’t know what he’s talking about”

Hmm.

where did you hear anyones getting vaccinated before mid 2021?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So Target tricked me.

I went to go do my usual drive-up, but there was a $10 mistake on the bill. I asked the guy if he could simply get me $10 worth of paper towels (or at least use $10 towards it and charge the rest to my card), and he said he could.

Paper towels are super hard to get these days because of the idiotic hoarding that restarted, after months of relative calm.

So he comes back and says, "Here's your $10 gift card."

I ask, "What about the paper towels."

"You have to go get them," he tells me. What?!

I asked, "I thought you said you were getting them."

He claimed he wasn't allowed to because there's "nobody else in guest services right now", and I'd have to get them myself.

I asked if he was sure there were a lot in there, because I heard they were out everywhere. He insisted he had seen tons in there very recently.

I decided to risk it this one time, as much as I hate going into supermarkets. (BTW, the UK claims that they've identified supermarkets as the primary area of transmission!)

Guess what? No fucking paper towels. Entire shelf was bare. In fact, the neighboring shelves of toilet paper was also bare, so what the fuck did he think he saw?

If I get COVID, I will curse target forever. I won't know until a week passes. This happened last night at 10. I know it sounds like I'm being paranoid, but I've worked hard over the past 7+ months to be super-careful and never put myself at risk, aside from that root canal I had to have. This was needless.

On the bright side, it was 10pm on a Wednesday, so almost no customers were in the store.

Load Metric
    I hope to God no one reads that as u preempted me calling tine a fat lib cuck you proud of yourself idiot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    So Target tricked me.

I went to go do my usual drive-up, but there was a $10 mistake on the bill. I asked the guy if he could simply get me $10 worth of paper towels (or at least use $10 towards it and charge the rest to my card), and he said he could.

Paper towels are super hard to get these days because of the idiotic hoarding that restarted, after months of relative calm.

So he comes back and says, "Here's your $10 gift card."

I ask, "What about the paper towels."

"You have to go get them," he tells me. What?!

I asked, "I thought you said you were getting them."

He claimed he wasn't allowed to because there's "nobody else in guest services right now", and I'd have to get them myself.

I asked if he was sure there were a lot in there, because I heard they were out everywhere. He insisted he had seen tons in there very recently.

I decided to risk it this one time, as much as I hate going into supermarkets. (BTW, the UK claims that they've identified supermarkets as the primary area of transmission!)

Guess what? No fucking paper towels. Entire shelf was bare. In fact, the neighboring shelves of toilet paper was also bare, so what the fuck did he think he saw?

If I get COVID, I will curse target forever. I won't know until a week passes. This happened last night at 10. I know it sounds like I'm being paranoid, but I've worked hard over the past 7+ months to be super-careful and never put myself at risk, aside from that root canal I had to have. This was needless.

On the bright side, it was 10pm on a Wednesday, so almost no customers were in the store.
    Costco limiting people to 2 packs of bounty and toilet paper, have to get there at opening to get them. If you go late your shit out of luck. Usually go sat nice and early. Otherwise shelves are stocked, Targets in my area had lots of empty shelves.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I went on my paper towels hunt into Target out of excitement hearing they had it.

I had done a cursory look at Amazon earlier and it was all "out of stock" or super marked up to the point of gouging. I should have looked harder.

Turned out that there were some -- marked but but not too terrible -- so I ordered them. They'll be here in a few days, so I'll be fine. Fortunately I have a lot of TP already, so no problem there.

Load Metric
    I went on my paper towels hunt into Target out of excitement hearing they had it.

I had done a cursory look at Amazon earlier and it was all "out of stock" or super marked up to the point of gouging. I should have looked harder.

Turned out that there were some -- marked but but not too terrible -- so I ordered them. They'll be here in a few days, so I'll be fine. Fortunately I have a lot of TP already, so no problem there.
    Just get a bidet and spray your ass clean.

Load Metric
    Fauci is the real killer criminal telling people that it couldn’t be transmitted by respiratory just to hoard supplies.

Comments

dwai: yes
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Fauci is the real killer criminal telling people that it couldn’t be transmitted by respiratory just to hoard supplies.

Remember when everyone was trying to get N95 masks, and we were all told this whopper?

Then we found out later, "Actually, masks do help, but we had to say they didn't so we could get enough N95 masks for healthcare workers without y'all grabbing them first. Sorry guys!!!"

Somehow this story morphed over time into, "Trump misled everyone, and Fauci was following the science and trying to lead us on the right path the entire way!"

LOL revisionist history

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Rachel Maddow's longtime girlfriend has COVID.

I saw a picture posted of them and wondered why Maddow's girlfriend looked like an old woman. I knew that Maddow was somewhere near my age.

Turns out she is with an old woman. Her girlfriend, who has been with her since 1999, is 62.

Weird. I didn't know anything about her personal life other than her being a lesbian, but I absolutely didn't picture her with someone over 60.

I don't even have much of a problem with Maddow. I don't agree with her, but at least she's honest about what she is and what she believes. The fake "neutral" media is what bothers me.

Load Metric

I saw a picture posted of them and wondered why Maddow's girlfriend looked like an old woman. I knew that Maddow was somewhere near my age.

Turns out she is with an old woman. Her girlfriend, who has been with her since 1999, is 62.

Weird. I didn't know anything about her personal life other than her being a lesbian, but I absolutely didn't picture her with someone over 60.

I don't even have much of a problem with Maddow. I don't agree with her, but at least she's honest about what she is and what she believes. The fake "neutral" media is what bothers me.
    he's kinda cute

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric

Either of the two dime pieces looks a day older than you

Comments

dwai: SHOTS
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

Hmm.

where did you hear anyones getting vaccinated before mid 2021?

ooo you might be right:

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information