Page 500 of 946 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 10,000 of 18915

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric

please, frantically deny it. youre all so cute when you panic.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Curious to know how Hillary would have stopped 50k dead people in New York and New Jersey.

Load Metric
    What Hilldawg would have done or wouldn't have done doesn't matter.

It's all speculation

Let's stick to the facts

trump lied and people died

I knew this scumbag was lying all along.

I knew he was lying I just couldn't figure out why.

Why not level with people and try to unite everyone to fight this virus?

Putin?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

It's all speculation

Let's stick to the facts

Putin?
    So on February 7th he thought the virus was deadly and will kill thousands. With only a couple cases in the entire country and no deaths Trump announces he wants to close down the country. What do you honestly think the reaction would have been? Seriously.

There has been 1,000 people dying a day for six months and there’s still millions of people that don’t give a shit. Seriously what do you think the reaction would have been in January if Trump wanted to close the country? Be honest with yourself.

Plus Fauci was saying in February that it still wasn’t anything to worry about in the US. You want Trump to listen to Fauci correct? So what gives?

Cuomo took it as seriously as you possibly could and still lost over 30,000 people.

Strange random thought, I can think of one person Trump could have saved, Kobe Bryant. Weird to think about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

It's all speculation

Let's stick to the facts

Putin?
    So on February 7th he thought the virus was deadly and will kill thousands. With only a couple cases in the entire country and no deaths Trump announces he wants to close down the country. What do you honestly think the reaction would have been? Seriously.

There has been 1,000 people dying a day for six months and there’s still millions of people that don’t give a shit. Seriously what do you think the reaction would have been in January if Trump wanted to close the country? Be honest with yourself.

Plus Fauci was saying in February that it still wasn’t anything to worry about in the US. You want Trump to listen to Fauci correct? So what gives?

Cuomo took it as seriously as you possibly could and still lost over 30,000 people.

Strange random thought, I can think of one person Trump could have saved, Kobe Bryant. Weird to think about.
    I agree with all of this, except for the part Cuomo taking it seriously.

He pretended to take it seriously, like he always does. Cuomo's entire schtick is the "serious, straight talking, stern Italian guy", but in reality he fucked this up pretty badly.

The subways and the trains kept running.

Even worse, he mandated that nursing homes take COVID-positive residents, in a misguided attempt to clear room in hospitals. This cost thousands of lives. New York still won't provide accurate numbers as to the nursing home deaths, nor will Michigan, which did the same thing.

I hope sonatine is trolling when he presents the "Hillary would have prevented over 90% of deaths" tweet. But these days, you never know.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Whuddabout

big dick: blah blah blah you lemming

Load Metric

It's all speculation

Let's stick to the facts

Putin?

This kinda boring and rehashing shit that's been done in this thread several times before. But anyways...

...the Trump death clock count was based on acting 1 week earlier. Apparently it needs reminding that it doesn't say anything about January or February.

The way you could act one week earlier would have been possible by testing. You were 6 weeks behind most of the world in delivering adequate test kits to relevant parties. Now you traditionally do this in house by CDC. For them to do shit properly is reliant on funding. Now if that doesn't work out, once upon a time US had enough good will among it's allies to just ask for test kits overseas. TBH they likely could have done it back then.

Most countries don't mind chipping in when dealing with a global pandemic. You really have to go out of your way to burn bridges to a degree where that's no longer true. Congrats you kinda did it with this pandemic. Your former allies currently tolerate you. It took you 4 years to burn away 8 decades worth of good will.

You were in the dark how widely this was spread because you fucked up. That's about all there is to it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

This kinda boring and rehashing shit that's been done in this thread several times before. But anyways...

...the Trump death clock count was based on acting 1 week earlier. Apparently it needs reminding that it doesn't say anything about January or February.

The way you could act one week earlier would have been possible by testing. You were 6 weeks behind most of the world in delivering adequate test kits to relevant parties. Now you traditionally do this in house by CDC. For them to do shit properly is reliant on funding. Now if that doesn't work out, once upon a time US had enough good will among it's allies to just ask for test kits overseas. TBH they likely could have done it back then.

Most countries don't mind chipping in when dealing with a global pandemic. You really have to go out of your way to burn bridges to a degree where that's no longer true. Congrats you kinda did it with this pandemic. Your former allies currently tolerate you. It took you 4 years to burn away 8 decades worth of good will.

You were in the dark how widely this was spread because you fucked up. That's about all there is to it.
    The CDC fucked up the initial test kits. But testing wasn’t even the focus back then, was all about ventilators. BTW closing and opening are state decisions and very few were on board to close earlier, if any. I recall Washington and California closing first but New York waited. That extra week of spread is on Cuomo not Trump.

Load Metric

The CDC fucked up the initial test kits. But testing wasn’t even the focus back then, was all about ventilators. BTW closing and opening are state decisions and very few were on board to close earlier, if any. I recall Washington and California closing first but New York waited. That extra week of spread is on Cuomo not Trump.
    In the end it's like 100 small things that together make a huge difference. I'm mostly just going by the 20-30 countries that did ok with it. Without resorting to more totalitarian measures.

You have your share of disadvantages/advantages that come from running a federation.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The inability to get tested in the early months was annoying, and shouldn't have happened. Lots of fail in that one.

However, this didn't cause much (or any) additional death. Tests are more for informationa/verification purposes, but don't really alter course of treatment. This is especially true because the spring 2020 COVID tests were getting 30% false negatives anyway.

Treatment of suspected COVID-19 with negative test result or no testing done:
    - Stay home and rest
    - Stay away from others at home
    - Go to hospital if breathing difficulties start to occur

Treatment of suspected COVID-19 with positive test result:
    - Stay home and rest

Notice anything?

It's identical.

"People died because we couldn't test for it well enough" is almost as bullshitty as "We could have contact traced in February and stopped this thing from spreading, but Trump wouldn't lead the effort."

Both are completely untrue, but that hasn't stopped the left from pushing these narratives.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The inability to get tested in the early months was annoying, and shouldn't have happened. Lots of fail in that one.

However, this didn't cause much (or any) additional death. Tests are more for informationa/verification purposes, but don't really alter course of treatment. This is especially true because the spring 2020 COVID tests were getting 30% false negatives anyway.

- Stay home and rest

- Stay home and rest

Notice anything?

It's identical.

"People died because we couldn't test for it well enough" is almost as bullshitty as "We could have contact traced in February and stopped this thing from spreading, but Trump wouldn't lead the effort."

Both are completely untrue, but that hasn't stopped the left from pushing these narratives.
    What about Trump lying to everyone though?

Also, lol:

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Judging the way someone responds to something like a pandemic based on the outcome is like judging whether someones decision on the flop was good or bad based on what the turn or river is.

Obviously it happens and has basically become the norm, but if you want to me rational about it you should consider the decision based only on the information and resources that were available at the time it was made.

Same goes for most things leaders are judged by.

Diamond
    Load Metric

It's all speculation

Let's stick to the facts

Putin?

shiiiiiiiit, killing kobe (which means covid in hebrew) was part of the illuminati scam to speak into existence the spreading of the virus as he was killed the day after the chinese new year when tourists would be leaving china

(420 rep SMOKE SMOKE)

Load Metric

- Stay home and rest

- Stay home and rest

Notice anything?

It's identical.

Tests outside contact tracing just inform when you should consider quarantine, hindering interstate travel and lastly when you should be thinking of opening up.

The early CDC tests resulted in 30% false negative and 20% false positive. Meaning they still gave a good enough approximation for everything related to quarantine.

Platinum
    Load Metric

- Stay home and rest

- Stay home and rest

Notice anything?

It's identical.

Tests outside contact tracing just inform when you should consider quarantine, hindering interstate travel and lastly when you should be thinking of opening up.

The early CDC tests resulted in 30% false negative and 20% false positive. Meaning they still gave a good enough approximation for everything related to quarantine.
    Many studies coming out that the majority of people testing positive aren’t contiguous. Most of the contiguous people are asymptomatic or haven’t started showing symptoms yet. That coupled with the inaccurate early tests, what would more testing have really done? If you have accurate testing and contact tracing very early than it has a chance to be effective. But as Cuomo says, the virus came to New York from Europe far before anyone knew. By the time the country started to react the spread was already out of control. Imagine all the asymptomatic people riding the subway for weeks/months. USA got hit harder then other countries for the simple fact the volume of planes that come into our country from Europe and China is far higher than other parts of the world. Also, all the travel within the USA is much higher than other countries.

Load Metric
    haha these lying scumbags are gonna toss Lindsey under the bus

They prob figure he's going to lose his seat anyways..

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Judging the way someone responds to something like a pandemic based on the outcome is like judging whether someones decision on the flop was good or bad based on what the turn or river is.

Obviously it happens and has basically become the norm, but if you want to me rational about it you should consider the decision based only on the information and resources that were available at the time it was made.

I’ve said many times that I thought Cuomo handled things well, pretty much the gold standard for how Dems wanted things to be handled. He listened to the experts, was proactive, was very organized, honest and upfront about everything that was happening and negotiated everything he needed from the federal government in time etc etc etc. my point is it didn’t matter, it was too late. Also, even though he was on top of things he still made huge mistakes that directly resulted in deaths. For some reason this doesn’t bother you which is strange you being a New Yorker and all.

I’m the first to agree that Trump is a retard but my opinion is that this was a run away train that no US president would have been able to control. In fact, Dems didn’t want to close down travel from Europe and China so there would have been even more initial spread.

Load Metric

I’ve said many times that I thought Cuomo handled things well, pretty much the gold standard for how Dems wanted things to be handled. He listened to the experts, was proactive, was very organized, honest and upfront about everything that was happening and negotiated everything he needed from the federal government in time etc etc etc. my point is it didn’t matter, it was too late. Also, even though he was on top of things he still made huge mistakes that directly resulted in deaths. For some reason this doesn’t bother you which is strange you being a New Yorker and all.

I’m the first to agree that Trump is a retard but my opinion is that this was a run away train that no US president would have been able to control. In fact, Dems didn’t want to close down travel from Europe and China so there would have been even more initial spread.
    run away train? Other 1st world countries managed to slow this run away train down.
    trump did not want to slow the virus down for fear of the stock market getting crushed and then hurting his re-election chances

Blaming Pelosi and AC is of course well within your right but they don't get handed the daily intel briefing every morning
    trumps fault 100%
    I and others have been saying this for months

Load Metric
    Emails show HHS official trying to muzzle Fauci
    Emails obtained by POLITICO show a top aide at the department dictating what the nation's top infections disease expert should say during media interviews.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...e-fauci-410861

Load Metric

regarding the cuomo static out there, new yorkers either hate him because they are republicans or love him because every.. single... day... he was the soothing, calming, reassuring source of knowledge, data, and stability throughout the absolute darkest days of the plague.

he would get up in front of the cameras and tell it like it is, but always have a message of solidarity and hope.

the dude was a fucking miracle.

and when this shit roars back with a bunch of weird even deadlier mutations this winter, hes going to do it all over again.

also his fucked up daughter is hot as shit and id wife her on principle.

Comments

nightmarefish: His press conferences were what leadership looks like.

big dick: .
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric

run away train? Other 1st world countries managed to slow this run away train down.
    trump did not want to slow the virus down for fear of the stock market getting crushed and then hurting his re-election chances

Blaming Pelosi and AC is of course well within your right but they don't get handed the daily intel briefing every morning
    trumps fault 100%
    I and others have been saying this for months
    Come on Pelosi had all the info as well, she’s 3rd in line for the presidency for Christ’s sake.

The only countries that slowed it down are ones that didn’t have a deep seeded spread when the entire world decided to shutdown. Europe got smashed first then what do you know New York got smashed. Pretty shocking considering the majority of flights to the US from Europe go through New York.......Most of those early deaths were unavoidable, except of course for the excess nursing home deaths, that blood is on the governors’ hands.

Then it keeps spreading during the summer. Why? Because millions of people say fuck it we’ll take our chances. All give you most of these people are Republicans but the number of Democrats is increasing by the day. Everyone is over it.

Oh ya, there’s those little riots that have been going on for months that might have kept the spread going too, na I’m just spit balling here.

Thread Information