Page 279 of 946 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379779 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,580 of 18904

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    You would think places in the US like California, Florida, Texas and internationally like Australia, New Zeland India, Thailand & Pakistan would be over run by Corona. Instead it’s Europe, China and NY, NJ, Illinois, Michigan and Washington..... wonder what’s so different?

Preliminary results from government lab experiments show that the coronavirus does not survive long in high temperatures and high humidity, and is quickly destroyed by sunlight, providing evidence from controlled tests of what scientists believed — but had not yet proved — to be true.

The study found that the risk of “transmission from surfaces outdoors is lower during daylight” and under higher temperature and humidity conditions. “Sunlight destroys the virus quickly,” reads the briefing.
    It has to be temperature and less mass transit. Nothing else makes sense. If it’s simply less mass transit, you’ll eventually get there, just slower and more typical of a normal state, but I think heat has to be a factor. They have done everything wrong in Florida. It should be a bloodbath. Plus it’s ancient.
    It is ancient, but maybe it is generally ancient people who live by themselves in suburban neighborhoods, so less vulnerable? Big difference between that and old people who live stacked in apartments or nursing homes, often in multigenerational living arrangements. All the anecdotes coming out of Florida are of springbreakers or gay dudes who got infected in gay orgy festivals. Not a lot of anecdotes of old Jewish retirees.

Comments

OSA: gay orgy festivals
    Last edited by ErickAA; 04-18-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    splitthis is going to be happy. Her obesity theory was proven correct in NYC. It was found to be the 2nd most important factor for COVID-19 hospitalization risk, behind age. However, it was noted that it was "dwarfed" by age, meaning that an old non-obese person had a far greater chance to be hospitalized than a middle-aged obese person.

Obesity was defined as a BMI of 30 or greater. I fall under that (though not by much), coming in at 29. I would like to see this also studied for BMIs higher than 30 (such as 35+).

Here's an interesting flow chart:

Some interesting findings:

87% of people over 65 who came in to test for COVID-19 were admitted to the hospital (!!), compared to 37% of those under 65.

Those obese and under 65 were still admitted 60% of the time, and 70% of the time if they were obese and over 35 years old!

Only 13% of those tested positive who were aged 20-44 AND non-obese were admitted.

Diabetes was a huge factor, as you'd expect, but especially for males. Men 45+ who were diabetic were admitted 83% of the time, whereas women 45+ with diabetes were only admitted 57% of the time.

Black men also got admitted a lot. Non-obese, non-diabetic black men 45+ who tested positive were admitted 60% of the time, compared to 45% for whites.

These were samples, and not hard percentages from all the NYC hospitals.
    Yeah I posted that last week. Not the chart but the BMI 30 thing. You must have missed it with how fast this thread moves. It sparked me telling San I had crept up a few pounds and was rapidly taking it back off and discussing using it as an ad for gyms and me and abrown talking about taking this time to train for beating the second wave if you dodge the first wave.

I think I was 27 BMI at the time but heading up fast and got serious in a hurry and took it back down back in 180s now. I’m only 5’11. It was on the twitter feed of the Big Short guy.

The one doctor on the front lines in NYC with hundreds of covid patients hadn’t lost one under 30 BMI. He’s probably ran well also but it clearly is a thing.

I saw another doctor reference that basically zero of the 50ish people were in healthy weight class that passed. The guys I saw locally weren’t really fat dudes. Like maybe clinically obese but not dudes you’d even take notice of. Like 6’0 225lb and a little soft. Not 300 lbs.

They were just guys with a few extra pounds who had crept into that area where they were probably 5-10bs either way from that 30 number. That bus driver in Detroit who was 50
    was clearly way over. Guy u saw who died in late 30s in Florida was clearly over with no pre-existing conditions.

I thought to myself you may have missed it when you were arguing with split that weight wasn’t a factor when it clearly is. I meant to link it to you but didn’t go back and do it as I had posted it days earlier. I didn’t want to put it in thread with the way you get piled on like you weight 325z I meant to pm it to you.

Many I’ve seen 44-54 have been over. Pretty much every one I’ve seen except some gay lawyer from NY who was more late 30s and I think he made it. I wondered if he was HIV+.

Age is certainly 1, but we have the age math on our side really. Weight is definitely the outlier in our demo. I’ve lost 11 lbs back off my quarantine high. I think it’s the main issue in us very likely to make it but could possibly take a turn for the worse aged guys.

Plus a lot easier to roll a guy on stomach if he doesn’t have a gut.
    Last edited by BCR; 04-18-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Load Metric
    Name:  0-4.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  297.2 KB

Diamond
    Load Metric
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...ulcycles-owner

I will gladly take 3 days/nights of mild fever, loss of appettite, and coughing to get back.

Lets goooo.... please dont make me wait till June. I will definately have diabetes by then

Load Metric
    its really possible that there is some sort of ozone layer -> UV exposure link here.

i feel like the areas not drowning also have higher skin cancer? maybe?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Boy this guy loves grandstanding.

This crisis was the best thing that ever happened to him. The only thing that sucks for him is that it happened in 2020 instead of early-mid 2019, so he didn't have time to cobble together a hasty Presidential campaign and buzzsaw through that super-weak field.

I guess there's always 2024.
    You should watch an entire press conference. I've watched most of them, the guy is doing a great job being transparent about the horrible facts and at the same time keeping people from panicking. I wish he wouldn't piss off Trump though, people in NY are smart enough to not need it to be explained what a fraud the president is and now Trump will likely fuck the state out of spite somehow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    its really possible that there is some sort of ozone layer -> UV exposure link here.

80% of the people dying are morbidly obese, 400 diabetic scores, terminally old, HIV etc.. the other 20% it's just bad luck like getting hit by a bus. Outside of NYC it's not a big deal. You want to find the outbreaks? Look for the state with high obese diabetic people. On average, it's not affecting people that are healthy, and BCR spare us the anecdotal example of some 40 year old that just completed an Iron Man competition that died. Maybe he had HIV you don't know.

This started at 2M deaths and now down to ~ 50K deaths nationwide. The virus was here well before anyone knew it. It's already done it's damage, and it's probably done until the next wave. And yes, I am the smartest guy in the room, only because the bar has been set so low in this forum.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: eat shit

Load Metric
    Just some good ol' GOP intellectual engagement..

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

80% of the people dying are morbidly obese, 400 diabetic scores, terminally old, HIV etc.. the other 20% it's just bad luck like getting hit by a bus. Outside of NYC it's not a big deal. You want to find the outbreaks? Look for the state with high obese diabetic people. On average, it's not affecting people that are healthy, and BCR spare us the anecdotal example of some 40 year old that just completed an Iron Man competition that died. Maybe he had HIV you don't know.

This started at 2M deaths and now down to ~ 50K deaths nationwide. The virus was here well before anyone knew it. It's already done it's damage, and it's probably done until the next wave. And yes, I am the smartest guy in the room, only because the bar has been set so low in this forum.
    I'll take over 50k deaths nationwide for $1,000. We can escrow with Druff. Let me know.

Load Metric
    let me get a line on over 65.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

I'll take over 50k deaths nationwide for $1,000. We can escrow with Druff. Let me know.
    If it were legit # I would, but the MSM is bloating the numbers so I cannot. Look at DeBlassio, he just added 3K to the number but he said he was not 100% sure if they died from Corona, just he thought they did. My point is you and Sonatine are below 80K and that was nowhere near the model of 2M? Get my point?

HYPE machine. The left wing media is almost getting disappointed now.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: pussy

Load Metric

There was once a time when young strong 20-something’s would go into battle looking to kick some ass to defend woman, children and their parents. They weren’t just willing to sacrifice missing their regular spin class... they were ready to die for the cause.

I think you represent a sizable demographic though. So ‘splain to me why, from your perspective, we have seen ZERO civil unrest, mass shootings or any manifestations of mental illness. I’m kinda at a loss.

Comments

Prodigal son:

Platinum
    Load Metric

If it were legit # I would, but the MSM is bloating the numbers so I cannot. Look at DeBlassio, he just added 3K to the number but he said he was not 100% sure if they died from Corona, just he thought they did. My point is you and Sonatine are below 80K and that was nowhere near the model of 2M? Get my point?

I can’t decide if you’re actually retarded or leveling. The 2m number was if we kept on going with our daily lives and let the virus take its course. March madness and the spread from it would have killed a million by itself. You really think everyone staying home hasn’t saved a significant number of lives? Quit comparing apples to oranges. If those 200 people per day dying in their homes in New York aren’t from COVID than what’s it from?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

There was once a time when young strong 20-something’s would go into battle looking to kick some ass to defend woman, children and their parents. They weren’t just willing to sacrifice missing their regular spin class... they were ready to die for the cause.

I think you represent a sizable demographic though. So ‘splain to me why, from your perspective, we have seen ZERO civil unrest, mass shootings or any manifestations of mental illness. I’m kinda at a loss.
    I am in my early 40s, so I am not sure your demographic question. If you are asking me why there is no civil unrest it is because people like Muck just received their stimulus check. Now if we are still in lockdown come July then you will see civil unrest, but I doubt it will come to that. I think everyone feels the worst has past. This is nowhere near the mass death the left wing media was rooting for. If it were not for a couple weeks in NYC nobody would really even know about this. There are 7B people in the world and a couple hundred die from a virus, so what.

Load Metric

obviously ive filled mine out because should any sickness befall me it cant possibly be covid-19.

i trust all pfa patriots with strong, masculine immune systems and a turgid faith in the vision of our founding fathers will do the same.

Load Metric

Sounds like a duck to me!
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    "LegalizeMeth: buddy of mine from high school is fighting for his life in iCU. Fuck off"

Maybe he should have done less meth then ... just sayin

Classic PFA fail prediction thread <3

Load Metric
    BMI has to be between 18.5 and 24.9 to be in the healthy range. Those 25-29 are overweight, still not healthy. The problem with America is 40% are OBESE. The number of obese Americans has been steadily growing. Then we have the super obese omg.

I am not happy about that. It is sad. It is extending to children and ruining their lives.

We have to move beyond an acceptance of this epidemic which is worse than covid. Our culture has become too much of a don’t offend anyone and promote unhealthy fast food sedentary lifestyle.

I hope covid wakes a lot of people up about how weight and lifestyle will end you life well before it should. I don’t think it will. Our culture has to change and our doctors need to do more than just tell people they need to lose weight.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I am in my early 40s, so I am not sure your demographic question. If you are asking me why there is no civil unrest it is because people like Muck just received their stimulus check. Now if we are still in lockdown come July then you will see civil unrest, but I doubt it will come to that. I think everyone feels the worst has past. This is nowhere near the mass death the left wing media was rooting for. If it were not for a couple weeks in NYC nobody would really even know about this. There are 7B people in the world and a couple hundred die from a virus, so what.
    I wouldn’t make any bets on Muck having received his check. People can’t get through to Unemployment Insurance call centers. Lotta folks are unbanked these days. I see huge lines for food banks.

This is nowhere near the mass death because everyone holed up.

Love the 1st level thinking that everyone feels the worst has past though. I believe everyone feels as you do. It’s all gonna be green grass and blue skies. They can’t play 2 or 3 moves out. Gonna be a few surprises for everyone.

Even China with their giant manufacturing machine back online realized they needed stimulus. Lowered their interest rates etc.

I do love Trump scoring the deaths versus other countries like this is a NCAA basketball tournament. “We beat Germany on the ML.

Load Metric
    https://www.foxnews.com/health/meth-...study-suggests

FOX NEWS FTW DOIGN METH TO FIGHT THE VIRUS AND OWN THE LIBS

Thread Information