Page 247 of 946 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347747 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,940 of 18916

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

Says the guy who tried to compare the death rates from Covid-19 to the regular flu in a favorable light without mentioning all the measures we, as the public, have taken to prevent Covid-19 while the public takes absolutely ZERO measures to prevent the spread of the common flu. It's not scalable.
    I have not met one person who has had Covid-19. Probably because I am not morbidly obese living in an apartment with 8 other people. The current death rate projection for the US is 60,000 people which is way below the 80,000 people who died from the flu in 2018. If anything good comes from Covid-19 is perhaps people will stop eating 3,500 calories a day and smoking cigarettes. There are a few hundred very healthy people who got clipped and that sucks but the vast majority were obese who simply have not taken care of themselves and were destined to die of a stroke anyways.

The second best thing is people will finally start embracing Trump's idea and seal the fucking border so we no longer allow people in this country that have a diet of bats and snakes. This is a virus that emanated yet again from China because they elect to eat things that should never be eaten. I'll gladly pay 20% more for everything if it's made here and not in some factory where 11 years old kids are in forced labor or a society where a fucking raw raccoon foot is considered a delicacy. I went to China once in my life and as soon as I stepped off the plane I know it was bad news. Turns out I was right yet again, along with Donald J Trump. Globalism sucks.

Cool story.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    That was actually coherent

Load Metric

Says the guy who tried to compare the death rates from Covid-19 to the regular flu in a favorable light without mentioning all the measures we, as the public, have taken to prevent Covid-19 while the public takes absolutely ZERO measures to prevent the spread of the common flu. It's not scalable.
    I have not met one person who has had Covid-19. Probably because I am not morbidly obese living in an apartment with 8 other people. The current death rate projection for the US is 60,000 people which is way below the 80,000 people who died from the flu in 2018. If anything good comes from Covid-19 is perhaps people will stop eating 3,500 calories a day and smoking cigarettes. There are a few hundred very healthy people who got clipped and that sucks but the vast majority were obese who simply have not taken care of themselves and were destined to die of a stroke anyways.

The second best thing is people will finally start embracing Trump's idea and seal the fucking border so we no longer allow people in this country that have a diet of bats and snakes. This is a virus that emanated yet again from China because they elect to eat things that should never be eaten. I'll gladly pay 20% more for everything if it's made here and not in some factory where 11 years old kids are in forced labor or a society where a fucking raw raccoon foot is considered a delicacy. I went to China once in my life and as soon as I stepped off the plane I know it was bad news. Turns out I was right yet again, along with Donald J Trump. Globalism sucks.
    Seal the border, nobody in or out? So international trade and travel will stop?

Good luck with that.

What an idiot.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    WHY DO PEOPLE QUOTE THIS GUY????? then I'd never see his BS.
    The ONLY thing his posts are good for, is to see what the latest Fox "news" propaganda talking points are.

Its just one lie after anohter.

the 80,000 people who died from the flu in 2018.
    it was like 650,000, that entire paragraph is just one big lie.

And so fucking what? what is the point of comparing it to the flu? We have a vaccine for the flu,
    Even if I knew someone had the flu, I wouldn't avoid them like I avoid total strangers now.

And the 60k is projected if we stay indoors, Fox news keeps leaving that part out. Lift the restrictions, & that goes sky high.

If you think this Covid no big deal, you have enough money, go volunteer at your local hospital then.
    It is total BS for you to be hiding behind your computer, w/all that money, spewing Fox news propaganda like you are the third leg of Diamond and Silk.

Trump never said shit about sealing the borders to keep Chinese people out. I'm not going to read the rest, I'm sure its just more lies.
    The guy just can't tell the truth for one sentence.

PSA you want less posts from me, stop quoting this guy. I have him on ignore.

San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric

By the way it's globalism that allowed you to accumulate that $2 million liquid that you don't actually have.

Comments

OSA: lol

nunbeater: zing

Load Metric
    Just remember there is no one more dumber than a pundit on Fox News...

Comments

MumblesBadly: They are dumb all the way the bank.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    How about the people who eat it up every day?

Load Metric
    China tries to export exotic animals after banning eating snakes, bats

https://nypost.com/2020/04/12/china-...g-snakes-bats/

Chinese officials are trying to export snakes and other exotic animals overseas — despite banning the consumption of them over fears it sparked the coronavirus pandemic, according to a report.

The finance ministry has issued new incentives to get the creatures out of the country, offering tax rebates to ship out animal products such as edible snakes and turtles, primate meat and rhino horns, the Wall Street Journal reported.
    What could possibly go wrong?

People do love new shit from China.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    How about you embrace reality? We just spent $2.2 Trillion and it bought US a couple months, that is it. Do the fucking math, GDP is $22 Trillion for the US. The economy must re-open otherwise the financial devastation will create far more death and misery than this virus. If you want to hide underneath your bed so be it. But if there are 330M people in this country and if 1M die, that leaves 329M. It's nothing to do with Fox News. It's call basic math, common sense and reality.

Stop acting like a fucking moral authority. It's a numerical game. Just about everyone will live. Those who die a fraction it will be bad luck, but most were near death anyway because they did not take care of themselves their entire life, mostly obesity. I talked to my neighbor today three feet away, and I certainly was not running inside and planning my funeral. I grabbed a glass of wine and watched some FOX News.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: How about you flush yourself down one of your shit-clogged toilets

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

How about you embrace reality? We just spent $2.2 Trillion and it bought US a couple months, that is it. Do the fucking math, GDP is $22 Trillion for the US. The economy must re-open otherwise the financial devastation will create far more death and misery than this virus. If you want to hide underneath your bed so be it. But if there are 330M people in this country and if 1M die, that leaves 329M. It's nothing to do with Fox News. It's call basic math, common sense and reality.

Stop acting like a fucking moral authority. It's a numerical game. Just about everyone will live. Those who die a fraction it will be bad luck, but most were near death anyway because they did not take care of themselves their entire life, mostly obesity. I talked to my neighbor today three feet away, and I certainly was not running inside and planning my funeral. I grabbed a glass of wine and watched some FOX News.

Preach. Anyway, whos the twink in your avatar?

Load Metric
    Pretty horrible

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Some good news in the US:

Deaths from 4/09 5pm-4/10 5pm --- 2048
    Deaths from 4/10 5pm-4/11 5pm --- 1830
    Deaths from 4/11 5pm-4/12 5pm --- 1528

(All times PDT)

It appears the death peak has been reached, and it is now falling, perhaps rapidly. This is due to social distancing, of course. Obviously if everyone goes back out before a major breakthrough occurs (a cure/semi-cure or vaccine), a second wave will begin.

California has had just 115 deaths in the past 72 hours.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Dont yell at me that this is from Daily Wire

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epide...ign=benshapiro
    Last edited by OSA; 04-12-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Dont let at me that this is from Daily Wire

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epide...ign=benshapiro
    This would only be true if a vaccine, cure, or semi-cure was unlikely ever to come.

Since they will come, everyone putting off the disease as long as possible is the smartest play.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

What we want to know is “are you betting on this?”
    Its something I read about a few days ago and got busy and forgot about until Sah's comment reminded me. I haven't gone down the rabbit hole at all, so have no gut how accurate it might be.

In the short term I doubt the markets have this possibility factored in at all. But if you think it is likely this hypothesis is true, it could affect how the market goes in the medium/long term.
    My initial feelings are there is something to this.

Australia are doing a trial with 5,000 health workers right now.

India are not doing that many tests which makes it harder to figure exactly what's going on, but their reported cases and deaths is crazy low considering the high risk factors.... and they have no reason to lie.
    I was looking at Germany which has a super low death rate compared to most of Europe. They were big on the BCG vaccine.
    But the UK is starting to get hit really hard at the moment and they did plenty of BCG vaccinations until recently. Though, there is several different types of BCG vaccines in use and perhaps they differ in regard to COVID.

BCG is a real interesting one as it trains the immune system and has been proven to have other benefits other then tuberculosis, other infections and leprosy... it's even a treatment for bladder cancer.

To be perfectly honest I can't understand why our figures in Australia are so good. We're not self isolating well, our beaches are packed as I type this. I was thinking the weather might be helping.
    We had 6,000 cases a few weeks ago, most were imported from other countries, but we now have over 3,000 recovered and just under 3,000 active cases.
    Iran was getting smashed early on, they have 23,000 active cases and 43,000 recovered. It looked like they were going to be decimated but they've turned the corner quite quickly... they were doing BCG vaccinations.
    South America as another example, the figures from SA are relatively low. They also did plenty of BCG vaccinations, same with Africa but again the testing is very low and hard to get a grasp on what's happening their.

Good info none the less verminaard. 😊
    I do think you're on to something.

Load Metric
    regarding india's reason to lie; mohdi is basically a street shitting version of trump. this is the guy who dropped all internet/cell service from kashmir for months to make a point. but that said, its hard to imagine there wouldnt be a huge uproar about a coverup because all indians are online 24/7 so they can sell us dick pills via text message.

honestly not kidding; i wonder if the levels of spices in their diets helps.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    regarding india's reason to lie; mohdi is basically a street shitting version of trump. this is the guy who dropped all internet/cell service from kashmir for months to make a point. but that said, its hard to imagine there wouldnt be a huge uproar about a coverup because all indians are online 24/7 so they can sell us dick pills via text message.

Having lived in India before, it's simply impossible for me to imagine that we're getting accurate #'s, UNLESS sonatine is right and there is an larger variable (ie. diet) that can explain.

All reports from family suggest that all are taking distancing incredibly seriously but the sheer_number of fucking people and the hygiene of various areas make me anecdotally incredibly skeptical

Comments

unchainedghost: Logic
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Diamond
    Load Metric

Have you seen their action movies? They can bend time and space. Corona is nothing

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Having lived in India before, it's simply impossible for me to imagine that we're getting accurate #'s, UNLESS sonatine is right and there is an larger variable (ie. diet) that can explain.

All reports from family suggest that all are taking distancing incredibly seriously but the sheer_number of fucking people and the hygiene of various areas make me anecdotally incredibly skeptical

its not fucking possible for them to socially distance.

one factor we can be absolutely sure of is they are doing virtually no testing. but where are the bodies? they didnt even start restricting travel from china until weeks after us.

this is some bullshit.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information