Page 206 of 946 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306706 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 18904

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm not understanding the projected death numbers.

There were like 1150 on April 2, and it seems to be going up roughly 10% each day. Supposedly projections show deaths per day peaking on April 15, at about 2k.

Okay, let's go with that.

This means we're looking at around 45,000 deaths for the month of April, and close to 50,000 deaths total by April 30.

Sooo... how exactly are we going to stay at 100,000 deaths total for the whole shebang? Even the 240k "upper" estimate seems low, because it's not taking into account the lingering cases which will likely keep occurring even after the worst is long past -- at least until we see a vaccine in 2021.

300k deaths is probably a more realistic number, barring a breakthrough in medication to treat it or an early arrival of an effective vaccine.

California isn't doing that badly. 242 deaths, despite having 12% of the US population -- 40 million people in the state total. An unforeseen saving factor might be the long-criticized weak public transportation in the state. New York is having a lot of its problems because of the NYC subway and other common public transportation which wasn't shut down until it was too late.

South Dakota and Wyoming are the only two US states without COVID-19 deaths thus far.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

There were like 1150 on April 2, and it seems to be going up roughly 10% each day. Supposedly projections show deaths per day peaking on April 15, at about 2k.

This means we're looking at around 45,000 deaths for the month of April, and close to 50,000 deaths total by April 30.

Sooo... how exactly are we going to stay at 100,000 deaths total for the whole shebang? Even the 240k "upper" estimate seems low, because it's not taking into account the lingering cases which will likely keep occurring even after the worst is long past -- at least until we see a vaccine in 2021.

300k deaths is probably a more realistic number, barring a breakthrough in medication to treat it or an early arrival of an effective vaccine.

California isn't doing that badly. 242 deaths, despite having 12% of the US population -- 40 million people in the state total. An unforeseen saving factor might be the long-criticized weak public transportation in the state. New York is having a lot of its problems because of the NYC subway and other common public transportation which wasn't shut down until it was too late.

South Dakota and Wyoming are the only two US states without COVID-19 deaths thus far.

That 100K figure is the low end of the range mentioned by Birx (100-200k) assuming social distancing is practiced “perfectly”.

https://apple.news/A1Au2qqunTaWL5a8sAARxng

Comments

splitthis: Wake up sheep
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Druff you really aren’t that dumb, do the calculations yourself if you don’t believe me it’s gonna be over a million and the fuckers in charge have been lying to us from the beginning to prevent panic. Wake up sheeple.

Now they recommend masks rofl.

Comments

big dick: learn him
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Druff you really aren’t that dumb, do the calculations yourself if you don’t believe me it’s gonna be over a million and the fuckers in charge have been lying to us from the beginning to prevent panic. Wake up sheeple.

Hospitals were told over three weeks ago to treat as airborn.

Trump last week: We will have packed churches by Easter Sunday.

Trump in a few hours: Everyone panic and run to get your masks.

Ya this weekend is gonna be fun.

Not trying to be all high and mighty Ontario hospitals on verge of crisis right now. Canada is pretty fucked here too we just have more faith in our government which is necessarily a good thing.

I'll be going to hospital to induce tomorrow if they let me (they really don;t want anyone going at this point). Will update on state of major Canadian hospital if I get in....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

have you noticed how many social media posts are popping up with people making/wearing 'home made masks'?

my more capitalist minded friends are already positioning themselves to make fashionable face masks. i ask them if they understand that anything less effective than n95 standards are useless and they just kinda shrug.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Let's look at the last 14 days instead of saying 10% per day.

March 20 - 49 deaths.
    April 2 - 968 deaths

Active cases aren't slowing down so use these figures.

So if you multiply 49 by 20 you get 980

Lets multiply 968 by the same factor. 968x20= 19,360

15,000 per day by the 17th or 18th of April, less this slows down dramatically... 10,000 if you're lucky.

Your 10% increase per day seems way low.

Load Metric
    everything you need to know about how we got here:

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I'm hopeful in other drugs helping. Anti virals.

Another breakthrough... maybe.

Ivermectin, Aussie discovery. https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...n-lab-c-955457

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

Let's look at the last 14 days instead of saying 10% per day.

March 20 - 49 deaths.
    April 2 - 968 deaths

Active cases aren't slowing down so use these figures.

So if you multiply 49 by 20 you get 980

Lets multiply 968 by the same factor. 968x20= 19,360

15,000 per day by the 17th or 18th of April, less this slows down dramatically... 10,000 if you're lucky.

Your 10% increase per day seems way low.
    When you start to exclude a few of the hotspots the numbers have already flattened out.

That should be the National story by Monday. I think there’s a chance new cases are flat next week and then drop off a cliff the week after.

Load Metric
    by the by italy deaths are flattening. and its probable that spain & france are flattening as well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    by the by italy deaths are flattening. and its probable that spain & france are flattening as well.
    Yea I mean raw numbers play out, random pictures and videos of the idiots don’t compete with data like there’s 55-60% less fuel being consumed even with record trucking.

I sort of thought the Trump admin talking about end June was a political pivot not a factual pivot. This way he gets to congratulate himself when it’s basically gone in early May.

Load Metric
    i'd like some member of team retard to tell me why it's ok that trump's son in law is briefing the press on the coronavirus

Load Metric
    i suppose by team retard, i'm only referring to dish and dwai at this point.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Your forgot abrown83

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Yea I mean raw numbers play out, random pictures and videos of the idiots don’t compete with data like there’s 55-60% less fuel being consumed even with record trucking.

I sort of thought the Trump admin talking about end June was a political pivot not a factual pivot. This way he gets to congratulate himself when it’s basically gone in early May.

coge. also setting expectations on worst case scenarios is basically just a good leadership policy regardless of potential political advantage; saves lives etc.

Load Metric
    Got this in my news clip,service.

Name:  B0C2BEA8-7564-42CA-A841-1F531228A9BB.jpeg
Views: 383
Size:  54.5 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i'd like some member of team retard to tell me why it's ok that trump's son in law is briefing the press on the coronavirus
    My understanding is Pence is handling government task force, Kushner is handling private business task force.

So basically Pence is doing the grown up work.

Kushner is out begging businesses to help (which to a minimal amount of credit he’s had some success).

Comments

big dick: LOL

Load Metric
    yeah but hes also standing on a national stage and telling the world that the federal stockpile of ppe gear isnt there for states who need it, which is a problematic message to send.

of note; hes also written all trumps most disastrous presentations on c19 to date, all of which were provided to trump directly with no proofreading/sanity checks.

the whole 'its just a flu' debacle was literally something jared cribbed from rush limbaugh and handed to trump later that day to be presented as official government policy.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    yeah but hes also standing on a national stage and telling the world that the federal stockpile of ppe gear isnt there for states who need it, which is a problematic message to send.

of note; hes also written all trumps most disastrous presentations on c19 to date, all of which were provided to trump directly with no proofreading/sanity checks.

the whole 'its just a flu' debacle was literally something jared cribbed from rush limbaugh and handed to trump later that day to be presented as official government policy.

I'm sorry but if that's what you understood from that clip then you need to rewatch

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

I'm sorry but if that's what you understood from that clip then you need to rewatch
    I get what you're saying because that's not what I got from it either but......

rehashing the "it's up to the individual states" rhetoric while at the same time actively bidding against states for ppe gear that they've already said they shouldn't/not be responsible for is a bad look.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    My understanding is Pence is handling government task force, Kushner is handling private business task force.

So basically Pence is doing the grown up work.

Kushner is out begging businesses to help (which to a minimal amount of credit he’s had some success).
    that's not what the news reports are saying about jared's role

Thread Information