Page 153 of 947 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 18926

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i said earlier in this thread (or one of these threads) that trump will be forced to capitulate to "president pelosi", but she's clearly overplaying her hand.

certain democrat proposals, like extended unemployment benefits or government provided health care for people suffering from the coronavirus, are understandable and republicans will just have to accept them.

throwing completely unrelated things like airplane fuel emission offsets into the bill is just ridiculous.

this is one time when trump should use his twitter account to point these things out to the american people, cause i had to dig just to find this news. I'm not sure the average american understands what is going on here.

on the other hand, republicans need to ensure that bailout money comes with an ironclad guarantee of ZERO layoffs for at least 5 years. i've read mixed things as to whether that specific issue is as firm in the McConnell bill as it needs to be.

wow sounds like politics are happening, thats crazy. its almost as if she knows exactly what shes doing because shes been doing it her entire life, and that cramming nonsense into a fake bill proposal is part of an established process to reach a sane middle ground, in the interests of not letting corporations take a bailout and then lay off employees while paying out c-level bonuses, or providing a half trillion dollar sack of fucking lucre that trump can literally use to pay off his failing businesses.

while we're on the subject, what parts of the republican bill exactly are you so hot to trot over getting pushed through?
    so i criticized pelosi for including provisions like airplane carbon offsetting in the most important bill in decades and you're disagreeing with me?

it's possible to believe both sides share some of the blame here.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

shut up moron, when do I shill for the republicans ever? I hate them, just less than the wannabe tranny blowers
    Trump is a republican dummy

you arent still buying the old drain the swamp bullshit are you?
    he lies to you daily and you just soak it up. He is making a fool of you dish and you are blinded by your hatred of trannies and whatever the fuck else that goes on in that deranged mind of yours

wake up my man you and millions got played by a lifelong con artist.. nothing to be ashamed of admitting you're wrong from time to time.

I do admire your loyality it's a good trait to have.

the swamp doesn't have a drain, especially when its so easy for them to manipulate their NPC slaves to spaz out about Russia for years for example. lol look how easy that was and it was obvious AF it was a scam, kill urself

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

The same way the folks on the other side of the aisle do.
    I know you're very wealthy so I can see why a guy like you would vote for Mitch but why on gods green earth would some bust out like OSA or other poors vote for someone like mitch? Why would a guy who delivers fomr ups or drives a truck vote for someone who is 100% against working people?
    Because the Democratic Party became insane during the 2010s, and working people in middle American no longer could relate to them.

Examples:

- Muslims aren't more likely to commit acts of terror in the US, and if you think that, you're Islamophobic

- Abortions at 8 1/2 months are a matter of giving women choice over their bodies, and totally isn't murdering a fully formed human being

- There are 52 genders and 75 sexual preferences

- If your 3-year-old boy says he feels like a girl, you should totally respect that and put him on hormones to change him into one and forever alter his life

- You need to feel guilty for all your privilege if you're a white male, no matter what your financial position and life status actually is

- The death penalty is immoral, because all human life is valuable. Except for babies a few days from being born, apparently.

- The government can do a better job running healthcare, and it's totally okay if your taxes go way up because of it

- Christians are all bad and ignorant people, and deserve constant mocking by Hollywood. But you can't mock Muslims or any other religion. Okay, you can mock the Jews sometimes, but only the bad ones who support Israel, not the good liberal ones.

- Black people are being exterminated by racist white police, even though almost all violence against black people is committed by other black people.

- Borders are racist. We should let everyone in who wants to come into this country, and raise taxes if we need to do so in order to support them.

- All student loan debt should be forgiven, because if there's anyone in this country who is oppressed and lacks opportunity, it's college graduates.

And you still don't understand why people in middle America started voting Republican more often?

Comments

Tellafriend: Indeed

IamGreek: Truth Speaker

MumblesBadly: Repeating conservative straw-manning of liberal positions rep

Load Metric

My point was that they are each pandering and buying their respective voters.

Re why middle class and or working class folks would vote for trump, some of them do it bc of religion, some are smart enough to know they have been abused by both parties and feel like trump is a big fuck you to the establishment. I mean honestly, did Obama really help the groups you reference? And lastly, look at who they ran against him- these folks saw her for exactly what she is and maybe they did trump too and just chose the lesser of two evils. The status quo wasn’t helping them.
    The majority of people are poor or middle class right? Not even talking about trump winning. I can see why people voted for him but old turkey neck is clearly a lifelong politician who sold out to the corporations and wealthy years ago. I just can't figure out how the majority vote against their own interests year in and year out and keep voting this little sellout cunt into office.
    Re McConnell specifically then, leaders of the parties in control weird extraordinary influence over where your tax dollars go. They send so much pork back home they are near heros. Think Harry Reid.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I love how the narrative has been "omg Trump and the Republicans are so selfish, they don't care about anyone but themselves and their own political agenda".

Then today's Democratic bill came out with all the pork and tack-ons, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddd.....

Oops.

Whaddya know, the Democrats aren't for the people like they say? Who'd have guessed that?

Reminds me of the shock I saw from the Bernie Bros when they saw the DNC cheating Bernie and CNN doing their bidding. All that time they thought only the Republicans were shifty, and that the media always had the people's back. Surprise!!!

Load Metric
    i said earlier in this thread (or one of these threads) that trump will be forced to capitulate to "president pelosi", but she's clearly overplaying her hand.

certain democrat proposals, like extended unemployment benefits or government provided health care for people suffering from the coronavirus, are understandable and republicans will just have to accept them.

throwing completely unrelated things like airplane fuel emission offsets into the bill is just ridiculous.

this is one time when trump should use his twitter account to point these things out to the american people, cause i had to dig just to find this news. I'm not sure the average american understands what is going on here.

on the other hand, republicans need to ensure that bailout money comes with an ironclad guarantee of ZERO layoffs for at least 5 years. i've read mixed things as to whether that specific issue is as firm in the McConnell bill as it needs to be.
    while we're on the subject, what parts of the republican bill exactly are you so hot to trot over getting pushed through?
    from the new york times

The proposal backed by Senate Republicans includes a number of critical elements that enjoy broad support, including a $350 billion rescue fund for small business and a plan to send cash, totaling $250 billion, to most households.

The Republican bill would let small businesses borrow up to $10 million, and those loans would then be forgiven for any business that avoided cuts in jobs or wages.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/o...-congress.html

the small business part is what i've been most interested in and is the most critical thing the government can do.

granted, the rest of the bill was completely fucked up in other ways mentioned in this editorial, and the writers blame mcconnell for it fwiw

Load Metric
    he told you he was gonna drain the swamp did he not? did he or did he not tell the amrican people he was gonna drain it?

we know he did so no need to answer that. He lied to you me and everyone. Keep voting against you own interests dum dum. Keep letting him make a fool of you. You are a fool and are either too stupid or too stubborn to admit/see it.

Load Metric
    The majority of people are poor or middle class right? Not even talking about trump winning. I can see why people voted for him but old turkey neck is clearly a lifelong politician who sold out to the corporations and wealthy years ago. I just can't figure out how the majority vote against their own interests year in and year out and keep voting this little sellout cunt into office.
    Re McConnell specifically then, leaders of the parties in control weird extraordinary influence over where your tax dollars go. They send so much pork back home they are near heros. Think Harry Reid.
    Reid.. don't even get me started on that asshole.So mitch sends all the pork home but the people voting him in are getting that fat layer of fat that surrounds a pork roast while the wealthy are getting the actual meat. This is what has me baffled.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I love how the narrative has been "omg Trump and the Republicans are so selfish, they don't care about anyone but themselves and their own political agenda".

Then today's Democratic bill came out with all the pork and tack-ons, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddd.....

Oops.

Whaddya know, the Democrats aren't for the people like they say? Who'd have guessed that?

Reminds me of the shock I saw from the Bernie Bros when they saw the DNC cheating Bernie and CNN doing their bidding. All that time they thought only the Republicans were shifty, and that the media always had the people's back. Surprise!!!
    i criticized pelosi for her overreach but completely disagree with this narrative. the republicans are way more shady in this. if you look at what the republicans proposed, bailed out companies weren't even required to keep their staff employed as a condition for the money.

"Recipients of government bailouts would be required to avoid job or wage cuts only “to the extent practicable” — a loophole so large it amounts to a lack of any meaningful obligation."

this part is also a bit disturbing

"the Treasury would also get $75 billion for targeted bailouts. The Treasury undoubtedly needs resources and flexibility to confront the crisis. But it would be unpardonable folly for Congress to grant too much latitude to an administration that has repeatedly proved itself to be a careless steward of public resources. To take just one example, the bill would let the Treasury bail out hotels owned by Mr. Trump on whatever terms his administration might care to dictate — and Mr. Trump refused on Sunday night to pledge that he would refrain from taking any federal aid."

Load Metric
    look at this nigga

Asked about the proposed provision in the relief package to allow Treasury to dole out money to companies as it sees fit, Trump says: "Look, I'll be the oversight. I'll be the oversight."

Load Metric
    big dick is completely unglued, turn off cnn bro, take a break.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Reid.. don't even get me started on that asshole.So mitch sends all the pork home but the people voting him in are getting that fat layer of fat that surrounds a pork roast while the wealthy are getting the actual meat. This is what has me baffled.
    What should have you baffled is how your Democratic Party let Reid have so much power for so long, which only ended when he retired.

He was the most corrupt of corrupt senators. Even demanded a million dollar bribe from Full Tilt in order to switch his position on online poker (which he got).

None of this was a secret. The Dems knew he was corrupt and constantly took bribes, but they loved him and kept him in power.

Load Metric

from the new york times

The proposal backed by Senate Republicans includes a number of critical elements that enjoy broad support, including a $350 billion rescue fund for small business and a plan to send cash, totaling $250 billion, to most households.

The Republican bill would let small businesses borrow up to $10 million, and those loans would then be forgiven for any business that avoided cuts in jobs or wages.

the small business part is what i've been most interested in and is the most critical thing the government can do.

granted, the rest of the bill was completely fucked up in other ways mentioned in this editorial, and the writers blame mcconnell for it fwiw

fair.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    he told you he was gonna drain the swamp did he not? did he or did he not tell the amrican people he was gonna drain it?

we know he did so no need to answer that. He lied to you me and everyone. Keep voting against you own interests dum dum. Keep letting him make a fool of you. You are a fool and are either too stupid or too stubborn to admit/see it.

this is fkn HOF. u & gordman should tag up on the cnn fb comments

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    big dick is completely unglued, turn off cnn bro, take a break.

wow nice, beat me to a CNN slam. I would have green rep but ive had enough of this FAG THIS and ran out

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Actually Reid still has influence to this day.

When it looked like Bernie was about to become the 2020 nominee and fuck the Democratic Party beyond repair, the DNC called Reid and told him he needed to help. That after their longtime support of him and all of his BS, that was the least he could do.

So he, along with some other big time party figures like Obama, called Klobuchar and Mayor Pete, and told them to get out and back Biden. Told them that, like all good DNC sheep, they will be taken care of later in exchange for this favor.

And so it happened.

Harry Reid isn't quite out of politics yet, even if you can't see him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Oops.

i criticized pelosi for her overreach but completely disagree with this narrative. the republicans are way more shady in this. if you look at what the republicans proposed, bailed out companies weren't even required to keep their staff employed as a condition for the money.

"Recipients of government bailouts would be required to avoid job or wage cuts only “to the extent practicable” — a loophole so large it amounts to a lack of any meaningful obligation."

this part is also a bit disturbing

"the Treasury would also get $75 billion for targeted bailouts. The Treasury undoubtedly needs resources and flexibility to confront the crisis. But it would be unpardonable folly for Congress to grant too much latitude to an administration that has repeatedly proved itself to be a careless steward of public resources. To take just one example, the bill would let the Treasury bail out hotels owned by Mr. Trump on whatever terms his administration might care to dictate — and Mr. Trump refused on Sunday night to pledge that he would refrain from taking any federal aid."

I see your point about "to the extent practicable", but you need to look at the other side.

If they are required to keep the same jobs and same wages intact, when many of these people are no longer needed due to vastly changed market conditions, it's not fair to burden these companies with such dead weight -- nor is it a good use of government bailout dollars.

There's no easy solution to this one. Either they write in a requirement which is unenforceable, or they write in something more concrete and likely create major unnecessary burden in the short and long term.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    so the politicians are being scamming trash and all the famous ppl we know that have it seem just fine, great sign that we'll live

Load Metric
    Oh yeah fuck Harry reid that cocksucker. I hope he has another accident while riding his bike.

Your post above I agree with you on a lot of the points you made. You know where I stand on a lot of these issues. But the wage gap and the rich getting so fucking rich while the poor is getting so poor is imo a bigger issue than most of the points you made.

I have many friends who are cpd they kick the shit out of blacks every chance they get.

More whites are pulling these mass shootings than anyone

you know i dont really likes fags but it's a free country and if they wanna fuck eachother or marry eachother that is their god given right to do so.

lots of dems are for the death penalty. Every member of my family is a dem and every single one fo them are 100% for death penalty assuming the person is 100% guilty

student loans should at the min be interest free. Why the need to always profit? It's just another business and it's wrong imo.

as far as borders goes I think we can all agre that putting up walls is not the way to go. Idk what the answer is but i do know that walling us off is some 3rd world bullshit.

Don't even tell me that life isn't easier for white people.It is withouit a doubt easier.

right wing christians suck. They suck the big fat black cock. They like to say on thing and do another. They are the biggest hypocrites on the planet. F THEM

Thread Information