Page 99 of 946 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199599 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 18909

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    LIMIT DOWN BLOODBATH JESUS CHRIST

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

Dan Druff: paging OSA

Load Metric
    "There’s a very contagious virus, it’s incredible, it’s something we have tremendous control over I think very importantly the young people have good health, and groups of people just are not strongly affected, elderly people that are not well or not well in certain respects are uh really a very dangerous group we have to watch them we have to protect them very much we have to really watch over them and protect them, they are very vulnerable."

Comments

TheXFactor: Donald Trump?

OSA: is he wrong?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is a great article to share with morons who say, "This is no worse than the seasonal flu" or "The 2009 swine flu infected 61 million Americans and killed 12,000 people in the US, and nobody panicked back then."

It's also a good article to share with people on the flip side -- ones who believe that this will be the next 1918 Spanish Flu (it won't).

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...)-flu-pandemic

Cliffs:

- Can't compare with 1918 Spanish Flu because medicine was in the dark ages in those days, even though it was only 102 years ago

- Can't compare with the 2009 Swine Flu because that had a 0.02% death rate, and most of those deaths were those who were already vulnerable. The average person had almost zero point zero chance of dying from it.

- Can't compare with 2003-04 SARS because that could not spread easily. It had a much higher death rate once you got it, but it had just about zero chance of spreading rapidly because symptoms were severe and quick, thus people who had it could be identified and isolated.

- Can't compare with 2014-2016 Ebola because, like SARS, it wasn't easily spreadable. Most of this was spread through body fluids, and it also had very severe and quick symptons. Again, these people were not walking around in society spreading it. Like SARS, it had a very high death rate, but again, not many people were likely to get it.

- Can't compare with the typical seasonal flu because that flu has a death rate of 0.1%, mostly concentrated in the already vulnerable. Again, the average person does not die from it, and even the vast majority of the most vulnerable recover from it.

COVID-19 is unique combo of a high death rate (though not nearly as high as 2003 SARS/2014 Ebola) and high likelihood of spreading quickly (like the 2009 Swine/H1N1 flu). We have never experienced anything like this before.

It also seems to have the ability to kill people over 40 who otherwise appear healthy. While this is not typical, it is happening more often than with the seasonal flu.

The only less-threatening thing about COVID-19 compared to the seasonal flu is that it doesn't kill children (or babies), while the seasonal flu does. However, this actually makes it spread more because children can carry it while being asymptomatic, and then spread it to adults. Children with the seasonal flu are usually kept home and away from most of the population.

Finally, the politicizing of this needs to stop, and I'm talking both sides.

This situation would be just as bad right now if Hillary or Bernie had won the 2016 election. This situation would be just as bad if we had socialized healthcare. Blaming Republicans for this is idiotic.

On the flip side, this is not a "media hoax" or "Democratic exaggeration in order to win the 2020 election". This is a serious threat which must not be dismissed. Too many Republicans have come to believe that this is all a phony manufactured frenzy in order to beat Trump. It's not.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

BCR: From 1000-500-100-50-25 pretty quick. Can’t leave house is next step.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    After a lot of controversy that Vegas public schools were not closing, the state of Nevada finally took the reins and force-closed all schools in the state until at least April 6.

Load Metric
    As someone that likely has the virus (fever and massive neck ache pains), get YOUR FUCKING SHIT TOGETHER. I told you fuckers years ago cash was KING. Many years ago.

Get your affairs in order. My immune system is kicking in huge but many of you will not have the genetics I do. Please take care of yourself and if you are sick stay at home as to not infect others like I was wrongly infected. I had a fucking cruise in April!

Comments

gauchojake: one time!!!

PuppyMonkeyBaby: solid advice..

Load Metric
    Does gatherings of 25 include jobs not in bar/eatery field? What if you work customer service in a call center or in a cubicle? I mean most workplaces have over 25 people there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Does gatherings of 25 include jobs not in bar/eatery field? What if you work customer service in a call center or in a cubicle? I mean most workplaces have over 25 people there.
    It really depends BCR at the time of day. I was at Joe's in Chicago at 5pm for appetizers a couple weeks ago. There was maybe 10 people there. We left at 6:30pm and yes the place was starting to fill up but at 5pm it was virtually empty. I mean Joe's is very expensive and it's no Bob Evans for sure. It really should be regulated by price.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    The one thing about this is that with the schools now being closed, all the twinks and twunks are going to be sitting at home horny and will have nothing to do but to take an uber to my place and ride my dick nice and fast.

I might even throw a roll of toilet paper at them for their time
    I hate to ask this, but what is a twunk?

A twunk is a twink who wants to be a jock so he goes to the gym to get some muscles. Then he evolves, like a pokemon, from a twink to a twunk.

Comments

Jayjami: Learned something new today

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Fed just went to zero

guess we're out of bullets.

Uhh no. Negative interest rates. People in BTC world been talking about that shit for years.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

I hate to ask this, but what is a twunk?

A twunk is a twink who wants to be a jock so he goes to the gym to get some muscles. Then he evolves, like a pokemon, from a twink to a twunk.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Inquiring minds needed to know.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    so its been 10 years since we did the 64 hottest women bracket at borispoker.com? shall we....??

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

guess we're out of bullets.

Uhh no. Negative interest rates. People in BTC world been talking about that shit for years.
    You going to lecture us again about being an "early adopter" of Bitcoin? LOL, you maybe held on to .05 of a bitcoin. Real Talk, go away.

Load Metric
    Meanwhile, back in the home of this world-traveling virus...

Coronavirus: Wuhan doctors celebrate closure of last temporary hospital after dramatic fall in cases in China
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9402631.html
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    anybody listening to the show tonight knows Im now under quarantine.. and Ive had all the symptoms the shortness of breath is mild and comes and goes.. basically seems they aren't testing anybody here in AZ unless folks are sick enough to be admitted their answer seems to be quarantine anybody whos likely positive and showing signs.. Truthfully Id already been self quarantining somewhat already since Monday when my symptoms started. I likely got exposed doing my Uber/Lyft driving within the past couple weeks and I definitely had some folks coughing in my vehicle and such.. With the flu coming back negative its pretty much assumed if folks are neg for flu its likely corona with the symptoms.. Oh well.. Now the question is will Uber/Lyft pay me as they were claiming they would do for drivers who were quarantined.
    Why should they pay you? You're an independent contractor. These snowflakes are too much.
    It was a question just because they claimed they were going to pay those who were quarantined Im well aware of what being an IC means. Now I can report Lyft did in fact pay me avg 2 weeks of my pay with them this morning and it seems Uber is going to be doing the same for drivers after this mornings emails they sent to everybody. I’m far from a snowflake and while I’m free market I also believe both companies are riding a razor thin edge on the whole independent contractor issue since they are the ones setting our rates we are paid. We aren’t free to set our own rates as any IC should be able to and they recently cut pay with Uber again here claiming they were raising pay in the city center except it was a lie downtown Phoenix and the airport is actually being paid less per min then before. I’m working on an exit strategy that ironically I may have enough time to get in place while I’m stuck at home for the next two weeks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Why should they pay you? You're an independent contractor. These snowflakes are too much.
    It was a question just because they claimed they were going to pay those who were quarantined Im well aware of what being an IC means. Now I can report Lyft did in fact pay me avg 2 weeks of my pay with them this morning and it seems Uber is going to be doing the same for drivers after this mornings emails they sent to everybody. I’m far from a snowflake and while I’m free market I also believe both companies are riding a razor thin edge on the whole independent contractor issue since they are the ones setting our rates we are paid. We aren’t free to set our own rates as any IC should be able to and they recently cut pay with Uber again here claiming they were raising pay in the city center except it was a lie downtown Phoenix and the airport is actually being paid less per min then before. I’m working on an exit strategy that ironically I may have enough time to get in place while I’m stuck at home for the next two weeks.
    Come on man, did you not inflate that coronavirus temperature just to get a little extra? Seriously, you looked on a website saw the angle shoot and cashed a little in, correct? And look I am not trying to discredit you, I might start going outside and collapsing if it means some $$$$.

Load Metric
    Wynn Lvs closed completely now for two weeks minimum. GG

Load Metric
    Trump needs to mandate daily new episodes of 90 day fiancé until crisis is over.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information