Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Stones livestream player Mike Postle accused of "live superusing"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    ChicagoJoey fanboy mentality of wanting Postle not to be cheating makes these streams he's doing very hard to tolerate.
    If you read between the lines, Joey is saying that Postle is cheating without directly saying it.

But I agree that hearing Joey yell, "This guy is an absolute god!" gets annoying after awhile.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Since the revelation of his phone being between his legs with his left hand often somewhere under the table (even when stacking a lot of chips), I no longer believe there's a buzzer on his leg.

The phone -- either an actual phone or a cheating device made to look like a phone -- was likely the key to this entire thing.

Think about when you pay live. How uncomfortable would it be to have a phone in your lap and your left hand constantly down there holding it. You'd get tired of this very quickly and either put the phone on the table or in your pocket.

Here's the cliffs as to why it's almost certain cheating was going on:

- Insane winrate over more than a year's time, involving regular play.

- Large bets/raises almost always seem to go ahead when he's catching a bluff or has the best hand, but seemingly never bluffs into a super-strong hand or pays off big when strong but behind.

- Claimed there as an "RFID error" on three different occasions where his play was inexplicably super-bizarre (such as not raising after rivering a boat), and instead claimed he had a different hand which would have made such a play make much more sense. Nobody else on the stream has ever shown down a hand which was different than what the RFID claimed they had.

- Had worked as a consultant with Stones in the past, regarding their live stream.

- Despite what appears to be the best poker skills ever seen, he isn't ever seen playing cash anywhere outside of Stones, despite the existence of many games within reasonable driving distance which are substantially bigger, where he'd presumably reap huge profits.

- Despite his amazing hand-reading skills seen on countless Stones videos, his tournament results are very ordinary, racking up just $500k of cashes after 15 years of tournament play, and almost all of his tournament play in recent years has been low stakes.

- Upon the shit hitting the fan, he deleted his Linkedin page which indicated his past working association with Stones Live.

- Oddly has his left hand below the table for most of the sessions he's played at Stones, and seems to be looking downward often. One shot where he turned around revealed that a phone was in his left hand.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Small clarification in Mike's favor, but still doesn't come close to exonerating him.

The RFID reader indeed malfunctions at times.

Name:  postle6.png
Views: 1392
Size:  548.7 KB

Not only are there two jack of diamonds listed, but one of the other players confirmed he had a completely different hand than listed. The guy with K7 said he had QcJc!

However, this also shows that Postle's "the RFID was wrong" excuse is still unlikely, as when it's wrong it is much more likely to be really wrong, rather than turn 78 into 88.

Load Metric
    That’s not how RFID works. It’s possible the chip in the card has been registered as the wrong card, but it means that every single time someone is dealt that same 8 cars, it would come up as a 7. It doesn’t just malfunction and say a different card.

Load Metric
    ChicagoJoey fanboy mentality of wanting Postle not to be cheating makes these streams he's doing very hard to tolerate.
    You realise he’s taking the piss, right? He’s being sarcastic when he calls him a god because he believes it’s clearly cheating.

Comments

varys: For real beer npoker wth man?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    If you read between the lines, Joey is saying that Postle is cheating without directly saying it.

But I agree that hearing Joey yell, "This guy is an absolute god!" gets annoying after awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    You realise he’s taking the piss, right? He’s being sarcastic when he calls him a god because he believes it’s clearly cheating.
    Of course I know Joey is trolling it's just tiring hearing him say over and over how this guy is GOD while doing so. Just say he's a live superuser already!

If RFID is malfunctioning this much regularly on this stream that gives me more of a reason to think something is shady in their particular setup after reading various tweets like this one:

I saw another tweet regarding this but can't find it, however, just from watching various shows over the years very rarely do they go from wrong to correcting themselves over and over again in the same session they usually miss cards when the player don't put them in the right spot which I think some players purposely angle trying to act dumb doing this from time to time. If this is an every night occurrence over there at Stones then that don't seem right.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    These worthless and ridiculous responses from Stones management make it more likely that, if there is cheating, at least one person in management/ownership is involved.

And incriminating comments from his own brother: 'So if there is an angle -- -my brother would do it. He will do it."

In 2018 his win rate was $750 per hour (124 hours) playing mostly 5/5 and 1/3 is way out there, especially for a player who would call a 3 way all in with 45o. He's exceeding 20bb/100 and exceeding 200bb/hour in a game that probably has much higher rake than online poker.

Having reviewed the evidence it's so completely obvious that he's cheating that further discussion seems unnecessary. I agree it's far more likely he's intercepting the RFID signal in some way than having an accomplice in the commentary booth.

When someone innocent is accused of something they respond immediately and angrily with a simple denial. When they start going off on a histrionic riff on how much they'd like to say and sign off as if the matter is now closed then they're definitely guilty. Innocent people won't let the matter drop until they've been exonerated.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: Preach

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnFanningsLimpDick View Post
    Innocent people won't let the matter drop until they've been exonerated.
    I agree with just about everything you said except this last line. Plenty of guilty people carry out a lie for years or decades.

Load Metric
    I think something that doesn't make a lot of sense is that he excuses the wild play style by having an uncanny ability to get live reads from people. Then he goes on to claim that he was a winning player online with the same play style!?!?

Anyone playing a 40-50% + VPIP and a 20%+ PFR, there is no way they're beating any stakes online. We even have some smart professionals saying that it's just about statistically impossible.

In any of the streams, does he EVER have his phone on the table or is it always out of view from the camera (minus the few times it's spotted when he's turning around to talk to someone, etc)

On any of the STREAMS, has he ever bluff shoved a huge amount (1-2k+) into the top of someone's range and gets snapped off?

Load Metric
    Does anyone think he’s not guilty? I can’t find anyone

Load Metric
    Just finished the second Joey video (the 5 hour one) and holy shit some of those hands... that 94 hand where he ships it. A couple hands before that the commentator says “it’s like he can see the cards”. You’re not kidding.

And the hand a couple later when he folds a straight on the turn and the commentator says “he’s a super user”.

Wow.

If you’re short on time I recommend everyone watch the 2nd Joey video from about 2 hours mark for an hour or so.
    Last edited by MrTickle; 10-02-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OracleOmaha View Post
    These worthless and ridiculous responses from Stones management make it more likely that, if there is cheating, at least one person in management/ownership is involved.

And incriminating comments from his own brother: 'So if there is an angle -- -my brother would do it. He will do it."

In 2018 his win rate was $750 per hour (124 hours) playing mostly 5/5 and 1/3 is way out there, especially for a player who would call a 3 way all in with 45o. He's exceeding 20bb/100 and exceeding 200bb/hour in a game that probably has much higher rake than online poker.

Guys, this bb/100 math is off. If he's making 200bb/hr and we assume 40 hands/hr, that's 500bb/100.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Idiots on twitter (Marlo saying it's "cancel culture" lol)...but I would say it's 75/25 pro-cheat...and more as the analysis increases. Joey is doing yeoman's work (annoyingly) sitting through the streams. And once someone takes the time to log the hands and win rates? This guy will be sorted.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Idiots on twitter (Marlo saying it's "cancel culture" lol)...but I would say it's 75/25 pro-cheat...and more as the analysis increases. Joey is doing yeoman's work (annoyingly) sitting through the streams. And once someone takes the time to log the hands and win rates? This guy will be sorted.
    Name:  EF5KkuFVAAAh5m9.jpeg
Views: 1204
Size:  62.3 KB

potripper vs postle

Comments

Shizzmoney: holy shit

sah_24: GG ... lol

ftpjesus: Proves my point on Twitter what Postle did is worse then even Russ Hamiltons bullshit on UB

nunbeater: jesus christ

MumblesBadly: Guilty!

Load Metric
    I haven't enjoyed watching poker like this for a very long time. Will be really interesting to see how things work out with Stones letting all their regs just get completely raped for so many hours.

I really hope this doesn't end in him killing himself though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Name:  EF5zp7-VAAA5z9T.png
Views: 1353
Size:  340.5 KB

Thread Information