Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Received most bullshit ticket in my life on the way back from WSOP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1marley1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Only 29% knew it was the law in a poll, obviously this hasn't been publicized well enough, and they shouldn't be handing out tickets for it.

Except the stupid poll you keep citing is from 2007 regarding a law that was new at the time. The move over law has now been on the books, promoted & enforced for a decade plus since.

Find a new poll or shut the fuck up.
    You won’t believe what year California adopted a move-over law.

Name:  1C0555DB-D525-494A-905F-99187437901E.jpeg
Views: 316
Size:  161.0 KB

And Nevada did so four years before that.

Name:  DC188B48-B787-4CA0-81D0-25AAF85FCF84.jpeg
Views: 287
Size:  168.5 KB

And aren’t those the only two states that Druff has been issued a driver’s license?

Seriously, Druff, the more you defend your claim that this law is “obscure”, the more ridiculous you are appearing to be over this matter. Just admit that as a licensed driver, you were negligently ignorant of a very important motor vehicle law.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mumbles:

1) I don't think it's a "very important" law, and nobody will release any data showing that these type of accidents have decreased due to the Move Over Law. In fact, an accident actually occurred in Ohio in 2019, resulting in a multi-car pileup when someone tried to adhere to the Move Over Law and stopped on the highway, fearful of passing the emergency vehicles in the right lane. Indeed, there's still a ton of confusion as to when you have to move over, and how slow you have to go if you can't move over. This is a feelgood law which doesn't really help anything, and now is being abused to raise revenue.

2) While I couldn't find any other polls after a lot of googling, I did find a ton of articles from different stats which claim that "many aren't aware" that it's a law. And I'm talking about articles from 2017-2019, not from 2007. We even have a few people in this thread who were ticketed for the exact same thing, and also didn't know about it. So clearly this hasn't been publicized well enough.

Comments

Salty_Aus: I hope the fearful driver who didn't know what to do was punished... shouldn't have a license.

Load Metric
    sorry how is it that half the fucking communist posters you have are siding with the vegas cops these are people when you get your car stolen are like naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah we dont run it for fingerprints todge you honestly put up with a lot

Load Metric
    The onus is on you to acquaint yourself with the driving laws. Driving is a privilege not a right.

I can't believe you played the superior officer card.

I think it's a good law. Too many cops and emergency workers getting killed on our roads.
    You don't need to be a scientist to work out this law also makes sense.

Load Metric
    todge for the first time since you were downloading pam anderson jpegs on ur weird modem internets you do not deserve to be trolled for this absolute horseshit ticket

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    sorry how is it that half the fucking communist posters you have are siding with the vegas cops these are people when you get your car stolen are like naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah we dont run it for fingerprints todge you honestly put up with a lot

Agree. On one hand, druff should have moved over, but in actuality, he was under the speed limit and he could not safely move over without getting hit from a car in the left lane. As the law is currently being displayed on PFA, druff is in the right, this is a BS ticket namely because what does "slow down" even mean, he was under the speed limit!

Load Metric
    first of all i dont need whoever your faggot ass is corroborating shit and second SNOWFALL PEOPLE

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post

Agree. On one hand, druff should have moved over, but in actuality, he was under the speed limit and he could not safely move over without getting hit from a car in the left lane. As the law is currently being displayed on PFA, druff is in the right, this is a BS ticket namely because what does "slow down" even mean, he was under the speed limit!
    For the last time maintaining the speed limit, or 1 mile below it, in a lane occupied by police force, fire department or ambulance is not what is asked for. You either pull over to the left if there is a two lane highway or you slow way down. It's like being in a construction zone where road workers are hurt or killed because people are so fucking stupid.

Druff tops the list as an unaware fool. Or should we say the cops were unaware that it was polite, law abiding(not in this case) citizen Todd Wiitteles who was maintaing his speed and did nothing to endanger anyone.

Give the guy a pass he did everything wrong but he was fully aware of the situation, just as he was aware of the humungous road side stating exactly what should be
    done.

Fucking delusional

Load Metric

Todd actually moved over into THE RIGHT LANE as he approached "the scene". That's why he got grabbed imo.

While I believe Todd's claim of ignorance, to the cop he simply looks like a ripe asshole, moving right into the newly open lane as every other car clears left.

Comments

MumblesBadly: 100% :this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post

Todd actually moved over into THE RIGHT LANE as he approached "the scene". That's why he got grabbed imo.

While I believe Todd's claim of ignorance, to the cop he simply looks like a ripe asshole, moving right into the newly open lane as every other car clears left.
    He was probably in the left lane speeding when he saw the flashing lights. Quickly jumped into the slowlane to look innocent.

Comments

MumblesBadly: 1000% :this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I saw the cops WAY up ahead, probably at least a half mile. I slowed down. I was going over 70, but not speeding all that badly. I was probably going about average speed compared to the rest of traffic, or perhaps a little below. In general I know NHP loves to patrol that area between Vegas and Primm, so I watch my speed.

Other cars didn't see or didn't want to slow down as early, so they were zooming by. I got over to the right lane so I wouldn't get in their way and cause an accident.

I was seriously in the right lane for safety reasons. The cops didn't see me move over because I was way too far back. They were clearly just looking for the first person going by in the right lane who didn't slow way down below the speed limit.

Load Metric

I saw the cops WAY up ahead, probably at least a half mile. I slowed down. I was going over 70, but not speeding all that badly. I was probably going about average speed compared to the rest of traffic, or perhaps a little below. In general I know NHP loves to patrol that area between Vegas and Primm, so I watch my speed.

Other cars didn't see or didn't want to slow down as early, so they were zooming by. I got over to the right lane so I wouldn't get in their way and cause an accident.

I was seriously in the right lane for safety reasons. The cops didn't see me move over because I was way too far back. They were clearly just looking for the first person going by in the right lane who didn't slow way down below the speed limit.
    Druff, if you don’t do something about this lawyer-wise, i.e. challenge this ticket in court with the argument that you were not appropriately informed by the state government about to this law to be issued this ticket, then quit your bitchin. Because if you really cared about doing something about the supposed injustice of the enforcement of insufficiently-notified laws resulting in the economic abuse of the populace, here’s your chance.

And like I said earlier, I’d donate $10 to your legal expenses on the matter just for shits and giggles. Hell! Make it $20! And get a GoFundMe page up for it. ‘Cause there are probably 10 or 20 others in the US who don’t know of this law who would welcome someone taking a principled stand on the matter.

Comments

Dan Druff: lame attempt at sarcastic trolling
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Just so we are all clear- your story is now you were going approximately 75 in the left lane right? You saw the lights up ahead so you slowed to 69 and moved to the right lane to avoid causing an accident with all the other cars that were FLYING by at 75? There’s no way you could have just stayed in your lane going 75 safely?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Just so we are all clear- your story is now you were going approximately 75 in the left lane right? You saw the lights up ahead so you slowed to 69 and moved to the right lane to avoid causing an accident with all the other cars that were FLYING by at 75? There’s no way you could have just stayed in your lane going 75 safely?
    75 feels so slow in a 7 series.

Not speeding all that badly, must be about 10mph over the limit yeah?... so more like 80

Seriously, safety was not what you were thinking. In effect you created a more substantial risk to those on the shoulder and perhaps those in the lane next to you if you bounce back into traffic after rear ending the cop. Strange things can happen when a car goes past with small margins for error. Much less likely to hit someone if you increase safety margins. Or are you arguing it wont save lives?

You should have thanked the officer for telling you something you didn't know... and politely eat the ticket.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Druff, if you don’t do something about this lawyer-wise, i.e. challenge this ticket in court with the argument that you were not appropriately informed by the state government about to this law to be issued this ticket, then quit your bitchin. Because if you really cared about doing something about the supposed injustice of the enforcement of insufficiently-notified laws resulting in the economic abuse of the populace, here’s your chance.

And like I said earlier, I’d donate $10 to your legal expenses on the matter just for shits and giggles. Hell! Make it $20! And get a GoFundMe page up for it. ‘Cause there are probably 10 or 20 others in the US who don’t know of this law who would welcome someone taking a principled stand on the matter.
    you want druff to go to court and tell the judge he didn't know about the law.

that's what you're suggesting.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

you want druff to go to court and tell the judge he didn't know about the law.

that's what you're suggesting.
    I think he's trying to take the piss... but in a dry, sarcastic way.

This thread is better then Tomatogate. He called for a superior/supervisor FFS.

Comments

jsearles22: agreed, mumbles seems be goading him more then supporting him

Load Metric
    Is asking for a cop's superior the done thing over there?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Is asking for a cop's superior the done thing over there?
    I didn't ask for the cop's superior.

After receiving the ticket, I called up later and asked to speak to the officer's boss, because I felt the ticket was BS, especially the fact that it was a trap. I wasn't trying to get the officer in trouble, and in fact noted during the call that the officer acted "in a standard fashion" during the stop itself. This was the first time I've ever done this, by the way.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

75 feels so slow in a 7 series.

Not speeding all that badly, must be about 10mph over the limit yeah?... so more like 80

Seriously, safety was not what you were thinking. In effect you created a more substantial risk to those on the shoulder and perhaps those in the lane next to you if you bounce back into traffic after rear ending the cop. Strange things can happen when a car goes past with small margins for error. Much less likely to hit someone if you increase safety margins. Or are you arguing it wont save lives?

You should have thanked the officer for telling you something you didn't know... and politely eat the ticket.
    I was probably going about 78-80 in the center lane prior to seeing the flashing lights 0.5 miles ahead, then I slowed to near 70 and moved to the right lane so I wouldn't be a hazard/nuisance to faster traffic.

Why is this so hard for people to believe? Why else would I have been in the right lane? It looks like some people in this thread are trying really hard to ascribe selfish/sinister motivations to me being in the right lane in the first place.

I was not creating a more substantial risk to anyone on the shoulder, because I was fully paying attention to the road and wasn't going to veer out of my lane. I've been driving since 1988 and never once veered out of my lane and hit something while driving. Why would this suddenly happen now?

Again, this law is stupid. The drivers who will hit cops on the side of the road are also the ones who are NOT going to think about whether it's "the law" to move over. The spirit of the law is that the bad/careless drivers will not be in the right lane if the veer out of it to the right, and therefore won't hit officers or other emergency personnel. The problem is that the same bad/careless/distracted drivers aren't going to care (or in some case even realize) what lane they're in, thus causing only the safe drivers to move over.

1000% it was safer for me to be in the right lane there as an otherwise alert, safe driver than clogging up one of the other two lanes driving way slower than the rest of traffic.

Comments

1marley1: Give it up. You are 100% wrong about everything in this thread.

Load Metric
    Hey Druff, slicing through these nine pages of arguments....are you planning to pay this ticket or fight it (maybe I missed a pertinent post somewhere)?

If you surrender and pay, how much do you anticipate your insurance rates going up if you have points tacked onto your license?

This reminds me of your Alberta story of speeding around the curve. Can you refresh us as to how that story ended?

Thread Information