Page 50 of 418 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 8358

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I'm a little out of the loop with this but what bitcoin exchange is being used the most right now currently?

In other words I'm wondering what exchange provides the most accurate pricing which to me that is going to be the one that does the biggest volume now that we can rule out mtgox.
    Depends on your goal.

If your going impress by paying the bar tab with Bitcoin, Coinbase out of San Francisco works. Pretty good video overview , I recall. Seriously, Coinbase works.

If your gonna trade use Forex.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can't believe anyone gives credibility to the Winklevoss boys anymore. They said they expected BTC to reach $10,000.

They are heavily invested and can't see straight regarding the bitcoin matter.

Anyway, it was back to near 700 yesterday before this recent mini-crash (I think due to the DDoS stuff), and currently the weighted average is 636.2.

http://preev.com is a good place to look for a simple weighted (non-Gox) average.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I can't believe anyone gives credibility to the Winklevoss boys anymore. They said they expected BTC to reach $10,000.

Anyway, it was back to near 700 yesterday before this recent mini-crash (I think due to the DDoS stuff), and currently the weighted average is 636.2.

http://preev.com is a good place to look for a simple weighted (non-Gox) average.
    I believe they said 40,000. I know I read 40k once and I think it was from them.

Load Metric

Lol, Winkelvii.

Winkelvoss is just an eponym for the big scary market manipulator hiding under your bed.

Load Metric
    Bitcoin had a flash crash down to 100$ yesterday before jumping back up. Just goes to show just how vulnerable to whole trading market is. Will be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks. Thread below seems to suggest it was legitimate. It also seems to be a result of coordinated market manipulation across 2 major exchanges. I've heard of manipulation before but never to this extent.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=459655.0

Load Metric
    I tried to bring this up in chat but Druff wasn't looking. The concerning thing to me about BTC isn't just MtGox.. Earlier today Bitstamp announced they too had frozen W'Ds.. Its possibly the whole security with BTC somehow has been hacked.. Now whether this is a bunch of EuroThieves or as I suspect possibly NSA/CIA or combined ops of several big countries to try and undermine/destroy BTC remains to be seen.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    I tried to bring this up in chat but Druff wasn't looking. The concerning thing to me about BTC isn't just MtGox.. Earlier today Bitstamp announced they too had frozen W'Ds.. Its possibly the whole security with BTC somehow has been hacked.. Now whether this is a bunch of EuroThieves or as I suspect possibly NSA/CIA or combined ops of several big countries to try and undermine/destroy BTC remains to be seen.

1) really? you couldnt read the posts in this thread from early today that discuss it?

2) its not state sponsored, its griefers. state actors / apt have zero point zero need to disrupt transactions by fuzzing the protocol. they own the fucking firmware on the servers, they own the fucking firmware on the routers and switches on their way to the servers.

3) "the whole security with BTC" holy shit my eyes are bleeding.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I suspect possibly NSA/CIA or combined ops of several big countries to try and undermine/destroy BTC remains to be seen.
    The NSA and CIA couldn't give less of a shit about bitcoin.

Load Metric
    Canadian government today indicated they had a desire to regulate bitcoins in attempt to some what controle there ability to be used in money laundering and other criminal activities.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Bitcoin had a flash crash down to 100$ yesterday before jumping back up. Just goes to show just how vulnerable to whole trading market is. Will be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks. Thread below seems to suggest it was legitimate. It also seems to be a result of coordinated market manipulation across 2 major exchanges. I've heard of manipulation before but never to this extent.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=459655.0
    Human error?
    Someone underestimated the depth of orders and sold a chunk without being aware?
    Or perhaps someone had a $600 limit set as a stop loss and the sales were auto-executed?
    Perhaps someone overestimated the Mt Gox news and panicked, thought they best sell their stake before the market tanked?

I'm not really sure but interesting how it happened on two exchanges.

Load Metric
    Id be surprised if any coins were actually bought or sold at ~100 in the last 24 hours, I suspect its just a symptom of the DDOS.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Although it is possible that some whale just accidentally chunked off at $100 per.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

I believe they said 40,000. I know I read 40k once and I think it was from them.
    http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article44324.html

David Zeiler writes: Investing in Bitcoin isn't as easy as investing in stocks - right now.

But the arrival of the Winklevoss Bitcoin ETF - an exchange-traded fund developed by twins Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss - will change that.

The Winklevoss Bitcoin ETF will make investing in Bitcoin as simple and straightforward as buying shares of any other exchange-traded fund.
    LOL...

Barry Silbert, the chief executive officer of SecondMarket, sees a lot of major players making a push into Bitcoin this year.

"We're three to six months away from Wall Street dollars moving into Bitcoin in a big way," Silbert told Entrepreneur magazine in December. Silbert had set a goal for his Bitcoin fund to raise $10 million by the end of the year; it raised $70 million.

And when that happens, watch out.

"Once Wall Street starts putting money into Bitcoin - we're talking about hundreds of millions, billions of dollars moving in - it's going to have a pretty dramatic effect on the price," Silbert said.

Comments

Pooh: Research rep. TY

Load Metric
    Gox is getting crushed this morning.

Down into the low 500s.

Other exchanges seem to be holding sway in the mid 600s.

Load Metric
    Time to buy buy buy. You know they are gonna shoot up at least one more time to high 7s low 8s min.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Gox was crashing again, hitting a low of $479.92 -- a level not seen since mid-November.

It finally stopped and recovered to $512.

The other BTC exchanges are holding steady around $650 despite this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    I suspect possibly NSA/CIA or combined ops of several big countries to try and undermine/destroy BTC remains to be seen.
    The NSA and CIA couldn't give less of a shit about bitcoin.
    Not so sure, given the terrorism funding/money laundering potential.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Gox was crashing again, hitting a low of $479.92 -- a level not seen since mid-November.

TBH I don't know much about bitcoin. Is this an arbitrage opportunity? If I buy on an exchange that crashed like Mt Gox can I turn around and sell on one of the others that didn't crash?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

TBH I don't know much about bitcoin. Is this an arbitrage opportunity? If I buy on an exchange that crashed like Mt Gox can I turn around and sell on one of the others that didn't crash?
    You can't transfer coins off Gox right now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

You can't transfer coins off Gox right now.
    But when there are no restrictions on withdrawals, arbitrage would be possible? If the coins aren't portable what good are they?

Thread Information