Page 739 of 946 FirstFirst ... 239639689729735736737738739740741742743749789839 ... LastLast
Results 14,761 to 14,780 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    The dead kids total is 650+ btw...

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics

...it's not mostly older kids either. It's about half under 12 and half 12-17. Don't worry per 100k it does skew older though not in a linear fashion. In general 5-11 is safest per capita and for total deaths in the group. 0-4 and 12-15 are similar per capita and 0-4 has most deaths out of any under 18 groups. 16-17 has a reasonable lead in per capita and least deaths out of any under 18 group.

In the bigger picture none of it matters. Under 18 is slightly more than 22% of population and less than 0,5% of deaths. I just generally dislike when people use factually incorrect talking points for emphasis. Not under 500 and not even close to the flu deaths under similar circumstances.

For the most part only thing that matters with anyone under 50 is how likely they are to get infected and spread the disease.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    The third study in the link above was specifically about school closures because of outbreaks.

About 1800 was the total number 3 weeks ago. That was just the Aug 1st to Sep 17th period. Essentially 1 month of a school year for most districts.

Just read the caveats in the study if you care enough. There are plenty of those. The study doesn't care why the numbers could have been bigger or smaller. For the most part it just kept score.

I'm sure Druff can come up with a reason why the above doesn't qualify as seeing outbreaks in schools all over the country, but saying that there's no outbreaks is just plain dishonest bullshit.

As i mentioned the study doesn't care what effected the numbers, i do. There's a reasonable amount of vaccinated kids/faculty, there is mask usage with other prevention methods, testing with contact tracing associated with quarantine measures and most importantly schools pull the trigger before epidemic gets out of hand.

The single biggest reason for why you don't hear horror stories of massive outbreaks in schools, is that schools are doing their job.

The reason why "outlier" events were studied early in the epidemic was because we don't fabricate chaos to study it. Only way we can study disasters of any kind is to look for them.

Sure if we had more Mengelesque attitude to ethics we could fork over exact transmission numbers in a matter of few months. All we would need is a few hundred kids and maybe 3x many adults to spare. Laboratory environment is highly controllable for noise. Real world isn't. So maybe just get used to not getting pretty, clear and precise numbers.
    You are kind of obsessed with this Covid thing. I get it, there are a lot of Fauci fan boys out there, just not sure why you are spending this much time arguing this on a poker website. Plenty of left wing sites out there dedicated to anti vax you can get much more positive feedback.
    Congratulations your predictive powers remain intact. Not a single assumption being remotely correct.

Fauci means nothing where i'm from. This hasn't been a poker site in years. What the fuck would i care for "positive feedback" and why do you think "left wing sites out there dedicated to anti vax" are a place anyone would look for it? And obsessed? I guess that's another America thing. Clearly if someone knows more than an average tard about something he most be obsessed.

When you joined a forum were you surprised that it was a place where people write things?

That said a solid contribution for a member of Team Retard.

Load Metric

You are kind of obsessed with this Covid thing. I get it, there are a lot of Fauci fan boys out there, just not sure why you are spending this much time arguing this on a poker website. Plenty of left wing sites out there dedicated to anti vax you can get much more positive feedback.
    Congratulations your predictive powers remain intact. Not a single assumption being remotely correct.

Fauci means nothing where i'm from. This hasn't been a poker site in years. What the fuck would i care for "positive feedback" and why do you think "left wing sites out there dedicated to anti vax" are a place anyone would look for it? And obsessed? I guess that's another America thing. Clearly if someone knows more than an average tard about something he most be obsessed.

When you joined a forum were you surprised that it was a place where people write things?

You are tilting out of control.

Comments

dwai: LOL

splitthis: Gimmick gross

Load Metric

Solid contribution for a member of Team Retard.

Guessing you never actually made money playing poker.

Comments

country978: gimmick and druff have done an exceptional job in covering this

Silver
    Load Metric

...it's not mostly older kids either. It's about half under 12 and half 12-17. Don't worry per 100k it does skew older though not in a linear fashion. In general 5-11 is safest per capita and for total deaths in the group. 0-4 and 12-15 are similar per capita and 0-4 has most deaths out of any under 18 groups. 16-17 has a reasonable lead in per capita and least deaths out of any under 18 group.

In the bigger picture none of it matters. Under 18 is slightly more than 22% of population and less than 0,5% of deaths. I just generally dislike when people use factually incorrect talking points for emphasis. Not under 500 and not even close to the flu deaths under similar circumstances.

For the most part only thing that matters with anyone under 50 is how likely they are to get infected and spread the disease.
    In 2 + 2 = 5 math, 500 is equal to 650.

And we are really playing this game for 650?!?!?!?!?!

Destroying childhood development and stunting growth nationwide to save adults, most all of which has the option to get vaccinated.

I know of 2 local families whose children committed suicide last year, but zero covid deaths of kids.

Aren't you in Europe somewhere anyway? Why do you insist on arguing for the continued abuse of children in the American school system.

Get a new hobby.

Comments

splitthis: They are horrible

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

Destroying childhood development and stunting growth nationwide to save adults, most all of which has the option to get vaccinated.

I know of 2 local families whose children committed suicide last year, but zero covid deaths of kids.

Aren't you in Europe somewhere anyway? Why do you insist on arguing for the continued abuse of children in the American school system.

Get a new hobby.
    It's like the post you're quoting is answering most of your gripes.

Now obv America invented cov2 and schools. If we weren't so adamant in copying everything American, we wouldn't have either.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

Get a new hobby.
    This. I am not sure why someone in Europe is obsessing about a school system in say South Carolina. These savants though have difficulties in operating in space, they look through a narrow prism and cannot look at things other than a binary fashion. Smart guys for sure, but very, very awkward in every day life.

Comments

splitthis: Gimmick horrible

Load Metric
    If you don't like reading things, how about just fuck off?

Plenty of other things around.

IG,TikTok and/or helsing yourself to name a few.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: I admire your tenacity

Load Metric

Comments

splitthis: That

Load Metric
    All fat fucks who eat cheeseburgers will die young.

Eat a fucking salad with some raspberries and almonds.

Comments

splitthis: You are waking up

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    All fat fucks who eat cheeseburgers will die young.

Eat a fucking salad with some raspberries and almonds.

Sweet potato chips (fried?) are above grilled skinless chicken breast?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    CNN already spinning the Powell death to blame cancer. After all we can’t have anyone vaccinated can we?

That said who isn’t shocked that an overweight 84 YO with a history of cancer died? Like so many others in the past 18 months, Covid “killed” those who already had a foot in the grave.

And we do have to save Social Security don’t we?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    CNN already spinning the Powell death to blame cancer. After all we can’t have anyone vaccinated can we?

That said who isn’t shocked that an overweight 84 YO with a history of cancer died? Like so many others in the past 18 months, Covid “killed” those who already had a foot in the grave.

How is it “spinning” to tell the truth? He was being treated for cancer and it weakened his immune system despite vaccination.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

How is it “spinning” to tell the truth? He was being treated for cancer and it weakened his immune system despite vaccination.
    My point was every other news organizations reported it as “Covid Complications”. They are the only ones who mentioned cancer in the headlines. As they are the main vaccine defenders in the media, not shocking they want to downplay a vaccinated person dying.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

CDC says 513 kids under 18 have died of COVID, as of 10/13/2021 (5 days ago): https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm

There were 712,930 total COVID deaths in the US through 10/13/2021. That means kids were FAR less than "0,5%" of deaths. They were 0.07% of deaths, or 0,07% if we're going to do it the gay euro way.

Spread this out over 21 months (remember, COVID deaths started in February 2020), and we're looking at a similar pediatric death rate to the 2018-19 flu. It's actually lower if we take the CDC's word that flu deaths were way undercounted and blamed on other conditions the kids had.

Kids are basically not at COVID risk. They're also basically not transmitting.

The left doesn't want to accept this, because they've gone all-in with their mandatory masking/vaccination narrative, and they can't back off now, for fear of admitting they weren't as sciencey as they were posturing all this time.

Also LOL @ putting "under 50" all in one category for COVID. Not even close. It's orders of magnitude higher COVID risk (both in death and permanent damage) for someone 45 versus someone 10.

This has actually been a big sleight-of-hand trick the left/media has been using all along with COVID. They've been exaggerating the danger for young people and understating the danger for old people, hoping that everyone will take COVID equally seriously, and thus allowing them to make major societal changes under the "life with COVID" banner.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW gimmick, at what point in the 2021-22 school year will you concede you were wrong about pediatric transmission?

If we get to December 2021 and there's no significant incidence of school-related outbreaks, will you concede at that point that you were wrong? If not, when? February 2022? June 2022?

How long do we need? It's been 2 months since the kids went back to school, and we haven't seen school-related COVID outbreaks. The only school shutdowns we've seen related to COVID were in areas with very high community spread (such as Texas in August), where it's highly likely the kids got it from their infected parents.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW gimmick, at what point in the 2021-22 school year will you concede you were wrong about pediatric transmission?

If we get to December 2021 and there's no significant incidence of school-related outbreaks, will you concede at that point that you were wrong? If not, when? February 2022? June 2022?

How long do we need? It's been 2 months since the kids went back to school, and we haven't seen school-related COVID outbreaks. The only school shutdowns we've seen related to COVID were in areas with very high community spread (such as Texas in August), where it's highly likely the kids got it from their infected parents.
    you think gimmick will ever admit that he's been wrong about literally everything with covid because he's defending THE SCIENCE!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Oh, and you didnt "prove school transmission". You keep posting about "outbreaks" and "closures", but do nothing to separate (very likely) community transmission from school transmission. Why do you keep refusing to address this?

If community transmission is high (as it was in Texas in August), then a ton of adults will have COVID. If a ton of adults have COVID, they will give it to their kids, thus there will be a high pediatric COVID infection rate. If there is a high pediatric infection rate, they may close schools out of an abundance of caution.

That doesn't mean they're closing schools because COVID is transmitting there -- just that a lot of kids have COVID because a lot of adults have COVID, and they are afraid of it further spreading in the classroom.

Clearly you know all of this and are just trying to manipulate the situation to "prove" school transmission, because for some reason you and the left are emotionally attached to the mandatory mask narrative being always correct at all times in all population subgroups.

It's okay to admit that school transmission probably isn't happening. You can even be pro-mask-mandate for adults while admitting it's useless in the schools. You won't, though, because the left can do no wrong with COVID in your eyes.
    All this nonsense is based on the "assumption" that kids do not transmit (at all) while being infected just as easily as everyone else.

There's 3 more studies...

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...l-masking.html

...i don't expect them to do anything. I don't care enough to waste my time posting 80% of things i go through. Why bother since we're still at zero point zero evidence to back anything you say.
    BTW, these studies are retarded.

Let's go at these one by one:

One report from Arizona revealed that schools in two of the state’s most populous counties were 3.5 times more likely to have COVID-19 outbreaks if they did not have a mask requirement at the start of school compared with schools that required universal masking on day one.
    Here's a line from the study: "A school-associated outbreak was defined as the occurrence of two or more laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 cases among students or staff members at the school within a 14-day period and at least 7 calendar days after school started."

LOL

If just TWO students or staff members in a large school test positive for COVID in a 14-day period, somehow that's a school-associated outbreak? How does that make any sense? A school-associated outbreak should be an outbreak which clearly shows a pattern of in-classroom transmission, such as one class having 15 cases while most other classes had 0 or 1 cases at the same time. That's not at all what's going on here.

Furthermore, this study did not attempt to differentiate COVID vaccination rates of parents of kids at these schools, which is a huge flaw, for obvious reasons.

Garbage.

Study #2:

Another report found that during the two weeks following the start of school, the average change in pediatric COVID-19 case rates was lower among counties with school mask requirements (16.32 per 100,000/day) compared with counties without school mask requirements (34.85 cases per 100,000/day).
    Again, like the study above, vaccination rates of parents were not taken into account. This is especially significant because vaccination rates are significantly higher for parents who support mandatory masking versus those who are against it.

Thus, you can't credit masks for the lesser pediatric COVID rates, if the parents are better vaccinated in the mask-requiring counties. Duh.

Oh, and again, notice it's just talking about "pedatric COVID rates", and not anything about pediatric transmission.

Again, garbage.

Study #3:

Most (96%) public and private schools have remained open for full in-person learning. However, an estimated 1,800 schools have had school closures attributable to COVID-19 outbreaks, affecting the education and well-being of 933,000 students.
    It avoids mentioning that all of these ~1,800 closures were in communities with extremely high COVID-19 case rates. Thus, the closures weren't due to poor COVID prevention measures in the schools. They were due to high incidence of (adult) transmission in the community, which then infected the kids (since all kids live with adults).

Yet again, garbage.

Remember when the CDC wasn't politically motivated, and could be trusted?

Thread Information