Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuming a bit today (What would you do?)

Load Metric

Fuming a bit today (What would you do?)

So I have worked on my own in a consultive business for the last couple years. It's been good money but what was supposed to be flexible has just turned into multiple demanding clients who I all pretty much hate.

So I have been contemplating going back into the regular workforce and decided to talk to one of the recruiters who sent me a job posting recently.

It's a Senior Management position at a Fortune 500 company with income in the $250k+ potential.....basically a really fantastic job.

So I already knew the interview process was going to be a giant cluster fuck, big company = big cluster fuck.

So fast forward to today.

I have now gone through 5 Weeks .... 5 Weeks ..... 5 FUCKING WEEKS of interviews.

12 Interviews with 16 different people, not including recruiter calls, initial phone calls with their senior team and a couple other bullshit things.

They were supposed to decide on Friday what they were going to do, I hear nothing of course, then I call today and am told that they decided to talk to two additional people, one internal / one external and they want an additional three weeks to interview them and make a decision. I said okay whatever since it doesn't effect my current situation but as the day has gone a long it has started to get under my skin a bit. They are now basically asking me to wait two months to make an employment decision.

So what I am thinking about doing is printing them up an invoice for my 30 hours of time they wasted and sending them the bill.

Then maybe using some of my tech media relationships to blow it up into a giant story and basically call out what I consider abuse both through the wasting of time and the number of interviews spread over so much time.

What say you?

Should I fuck with them for the lulz? or

Am I being a bitch complaining about the number of hoops they are making me jump through?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    So I have worked on my own in a consultive business for the last couple years. It's been good money but what was supposed to be flexible has just turned into multiple demanding clients who I all pretty much hate.

So I have been contemplating going back into the regular workforce and decided to talk to one of the recruiters who sent me a job posting recently.

It's a Senior Management position at a Fortune 500 company with income in the $250k+ potential.....basically a really fantastic job.

So I already knew the interview process was going to be a giant cluster fuck, big company = big cluster fuck.

I have now gone through 5 Weeks .... 5 Weeks ..... 5 FUCKING WEEKS of interviews.

12 Interviews with 16 different people, not including recruiter calls, initial phone calls with their senior team and a couple other bullshit things.

They were supposed to decide on Friday what they were going to do, I hear nothing of course, then I call today and am told that they decided to talk to two additional people, one internal / one external and they want an additional three weeks to interview them and make a decision. I said okay whatever since it doesn't effect my current situation but as the day has gone a long it has started to get under my skin a bit. They are now basically asking me to wait two months to make an employment decision.

So what I am thinking about doing is printing them up an invoice for my 30 hours of time they wasted and sending them the bill.

Then maybe using some of my tech media relationships to blow it up into a giant story and basically call out what I consider abuse both through the wasting of time and the number of interviews spread over so much time.

What say you?

Am I being a bitch complaining about the number of hoops they are making me jump through?
    If it was a job for 50k a year, i would bitch....but 250k+? I would just wait it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

What say you?

If it was a job for 50k a year, i would bitch....but 250k+? I would just wait it out.

Yea for reference it would technically be a decrease in month to month take home because I am billing between between 40-50 hours per week at $150 per hour and a big portion of that 250 is bonus.

But I also will have 401k match, Health Insurance paid for and other traditional benefits that all come out of pocket today or I simply roll without and won't be paying both sides of Social Security and Medicare. It ends up being pretty close to a wash I think, but long term with promotions and stuff this job is obviously a better opp.

Load Metric
    Id also keep quiet. It's a lose lose situation

Load Metric
    i'm down with whichever option gets us those radio shows you talked about doing. why the fuck did you tease us like that? those were gonna be good shows.....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    i'm down with whichever option gets us those radio shows you talked about doing. why the fuck did you tease us like that? those were gonna be good shows.....
    Haha I think you should root for me staying quiet then as I am a lot more likely to be able to do the shows if I am working a 8-5.

Load Metric
    Keep doing what you're doing. Very difficult to go from being your own boss to someone's bitch even if you are senior management. I couldn't do it. You're clearly killing it currently. Find some other clients who aren't all consuming.

Comments

Jayjami: Pretty good advice

Banned
    Load Metric
    If the interview process is such a bureaucratic nightmare, I can only imagine what the job itself would be like.

30 hours is a ridiculous amount of time to give to anyone for no compensation. I wonder how many quality candidates they filter out who decide not to put up with that. What sort of people do you end up with?

Load Metric
    2 months is nothing these days.

Part of their vetting process is testing how well you can handle being shit on.

There are only two sorts of interviews at the pay scale youre describing; months of tedious bullshit being one, the other being a handshake over a friendly lunch.

The game is the game.

Comments

El Gallo: This man is correct
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    If the interview process is such a bureaucratic nightmare, I can only imagine what the job itself would be like.

30 hours is a ridiculous amount of time to give to anyone for no compensation. I wonder how many quality candidates they filter out who decide not to put up with that. What sort of people do you end up with?
    I read on Glassdoor people being subjected to 6 or 8 interviews. I have a feeling that I am getting it exceptionally hard up the ass for a couple reasons. One, they are switching their entire marketing and sales efforts with this hire and so there are a lot of people who want to make sure it is correct. Two, I am literally 20 years younger than every other Senior Management person. No matter what they say there is probably some of the, is this young guy capable talk going on.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    2 months is nothing these days.

There are only two sorts of interviews at the pay scale youre describing; months of tedious bullshit being one, the other being a handshake over a friendly lunch.

The game is the game.

See this is why I am fuming because I felt like it was going to be the handshake over lunch and not the tedious bullshit one.

Also I was angling for a top top parking spot that I was really excited about. They are dream crushers I tell you!

Banned
    Load Metric
    Why would you want to select for that trait for a management position?

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Option 1:

Bluff. Ring them up and say you have a good offer on the table and need an answer within 24 hours.

Option 2: (which may be the default if Option 1 backfires)

Stick with the current work. Being your own boss is way way way better than having a boss. Whatever asshats you have for clients will pale into insignificance with the fucksticks you'll likely end up working for.

Weed out the rotten clients by either telling them to fuck off, or just slowly (or quickly) jacking up your rates for those ones you don't want. With a bit of effort, find some better clients. Also consider getting in a junior to do all the shitty work. That way over time you can build up a business with someone else doing the hard work rather than you.

Work is like poker. You have to be aggressive to win the long game.

Comments

IamGreek: This!

Hockey Guy: Yup, this sounds about right.

big dick: solid advice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric

Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    They are looking for an analog response more or less to "Hey, we all want whats best for The Company. Let me know how you want to proceed when you're ready."

Load Metric
    Management get shit on more than anyone else. And from a greater height, often with particularly smelly shit.

That's why they get paid more.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric

What say you?

Have you thought to mention to them that they need to hire you to streamline their shitty hiring process?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Being your own boss is way way way better than having a boss. Whatever asshats you have for clients will pale into insignificance with the fucksticks you'll likely end up working for.
    I literally work for the biggest asshats on the planet now though. Basically VC Billionaires who generally luck boxed their way into a business or idea and now think they can tell other startups how to be successful. Literally almost every major startup in the last three years (and lots of you have never heard of) I probably had a hand in somehow.

Startup world is literally the worst. A bunch of people who think they are going to become billionaires, who end up hoping to become millionaires and most end up in major debt living in Mountain View.

Load Metric
    You should go get a gun and shoot them all

Comments

abrown83: Note to self: Never meet up with JD in person or wear bullet proof vest.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Being your own boss is way way way better than having a boss. Whatever asshats you have for clients will pale into insignificance with the fucksticks you'll likely end up working for.
    I literally work for the biggest asshats on the planet now though. Basically VC Billionaires who generally luck boxed their way into a business or idea and now think they can tell other startups how to be successful. Literally almost every major startup in the last three years (and lots of you have never heard of) I probably had a hand in somehow.

Startup world is literally the worst. A bunch of people who think they are going to become billionaires, who end up hoping to become millionaires and most end up in major debt living in Mountain View.
    Sounds ugly, but my comment probably still holds. Would be interested to know more about what you do.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Thread Information