Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carmax trip report

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Not sure if this is prevalent in the US but in the UK there's a few online brokers (e.g. Orange Wheels)that take all the negotiation crap out of it, and the prices they quote really are the rock bottom price and you can see them on the website.

You don't get any test drives, coffee, trade-ins etc. you just click, pay and then take delivery of the car from the supplying dealer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by My Dupe View Post
    for a man who is by all accounts, 'financially secure', I'm just amazed how much time Todd dedicates to shaving pennies

what a waste of time over bullshit

most of these Jew-style trip reports are pathetic
    Totally agree & while we're at it why even take time to research your Mexican apartment to make sure it's not a shithole that you'll have to break the lease & pay a penalty when you leave 1 month into a 6 month lease. I also heard they turn on your power, water, internet, actually all utilities, the same day & for free so you can move weekly if needed.

Also, no sense shopping around for a mortgage since there's only pennies difference between getting it @ 3% or 5%. I haven't researched it but there can't be more than $5 difference between the 2 over the term of a $250K mortgage, so really nothing to worry about there when you're financially secure.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by My Dupe View Post
    for a man who is by all accounts, 'financially secure', I'm just amazed how much time Todd dedicates to shaving pennies

what a waste of time over bullshit

most of these Jew-style trip reports are pathetic
    Totally agree & while we're at it why even take time to research your Mexican apartment to make sure it's not a shithole that you'll have to break the lease & pay a penalty when you leave 1 month into a 6 month lease. I also heard they turn on your power, water, internet, actually all utilities, the same day & for free so you can move weekly if needed.

Also, no sense shopping around for a mortgage since there's only pennies difference between getting it @ 3% or 5%. I haven't researched it but there can't be more than $5 difference between the 2 over the term of a $250K mortgage, so really nothing to worry about there when you're financially secure.
    You're really reaching with the mortgage reference. apples and oranges

Banned
    Load Metric
    At first glance I thought the title said Caymans trip report.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Carmax won't buy really old cars, so the ones they do look at have computers that can diagnose major issues in no time, they also run the maintenance and accident history. Then they look for visual evidence of an accident or poor maintenance, then they offer $3k less than its worth.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Todd, honest question here......do you even know how to change the oil on your car? Give any decent mechanic a test drive and a 10 minute inspection and they will tell you exactly what type of condition your car is in.
    This is false. 10 minutes is not enough to closely inspect everything. They can come up with major problems through such as an inspection, but a lot of other things take longer to unearth, especially when the customer is intentionally hiding them.

10 minutes is simply not enough time to closely inspect everything for issues. You don't have to be a mechanic to know this.

BTW, just to show you that you're wrong, Carmax does a SECOND inspection of the car AFTER they buy it and pay you. This so-called "125-point inspection" takes substantially more time, and it's from that point that they price the vehicle for resale.

So basically the Carmax model is to take a quick test drive and quickly look it over for any "gotcha" issues, offer a lowball price, and then inspect it after purchase to catch anything that needs to be corrected before resale. If they could catch these things in the initial 10 minute inspection, there wouldn't be a need for this second step.
    Todd....do you know how to change the oil on your car? Could you find the drain plug and the oil filter without using google? Yeah....shut it down. You aren't going to win this one. Wrenchjockey.... thoughts on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Silver
    Load Metric
    The last car I bought I gentiled the salesman down to $250 over invoice with .9% financing. If you are buying at a large dealership, don't go to a salesman 1st and expect them to give you a deal. They can't agree to anything without running back and forth like a monkey to the sales manager for approval. Oh and if you dont agree fairly quickly to a deal, the sales manager will send in "the closer." OH HUGE LOL at Druff thinking CARMAX was screwing him....you never get anywhere near KBB when selling or trading in a car at the dealership.

Load Metric
    I actually got a really good price from car max on a car I sold them. Most others I know did not get such a favorable price. To Druffs point, this car had serious mechanical issues that my mechanic had fixed with bubblegum and paperclips. I walked in there thinking I would take anything over 7500 and they gave me 11500. I couldn't deposit that check fast enough.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I actually got a really good price from car max on a car I sold them. Most others I know did not get such a favorable price. To Druffs point, this car had serious mechanical issues that my mechanic had fixed with bubblegum and paperclips. I walked in there thinking I would take anything over 7500 and they gave me 11500. I couldn't deposit that check fast enough.
    Exactly my point.

There are so many mid-level problems that can exist in old cars (oil leaks, intermittent transmission problems, etc) which are fairly expensive to fix but aren't always apparent in a quick inspection.

This is where a close and lengthy inspection could turn up "bubblegum and paperclips" fix, whereas a 5-10 minute inspection could not.

Old cars already have a low enough value to where any medium-level mechanical issue seriously degrades its value.

I don't know what point Muck Ficon is trying to "win" here.

Going back to my original post, I believe Carmax's severe lowballing is to account for the times they pick up a car with undiscovered mechanical issues where they have to spend a lot repairing it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Todd, honest question here......do you even know how to change the oil on your car? Give any decent mechanic a test drive and a 10 minute inspection and they will tell you exactly what type of condition your car is in.
    This is false. 10 minutes is not enough to closely inspect everything. They can come up with major problems through such as an inspection, but a lot of other things take longer to unearth, especially when the customer is intentionally hiding them.

10 minutes is simply not enough time to closely inspect everything for issues. You don't have to be a mechanic to know this.

BTW, just to show you that you're wrong, Carmax does a SECOND inspection of the car AFTER they buy it and pay you. This so-called "125-point inspection" takes substantially more time, and it's from that point that they price the vehicle for resale.

So basically the Carmax model is to take a quick test drive and quickly look it over for any "gotcha" issues, offer a lowball price, and then inspect it after purchase to catch anything that needs to be corrected before resale. If they could catch these things in the initial 10 minute inspection, there wouldn't be a need for this second step.

what the fuck don't you understad. it's not a lowball offer. It's a wholesale offer. You make it seem like they're an enemy. theyre trying to make money off the transaction just as your jew ass is. and they help people who need cash right away with the cashier check offer. It's obv you wouldn't understand that. You've always been affluent evnough wherre you've never needed money in a tough spot. shocker.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

what the fuck don't you understad. it's not a lowball offer. It's a wholesale offer. You make it seem like they're an enemy. theyre trying to make money off the transaction just as your jew ass is. and they help people who need cash right away with the cashier check offer. It's obv you wouldn't understand that. You've always been affluent evnough wherre you've never needed money in a tough spot. shocker.
    You know nothing about how "affluent" I've supposedly been. The only reason I haven't been in a tough spot is because I've worked hard to be responsible with money, rather than shooting it off and resorting to scamming people to keep my lifestyle up.

I didn't say they were an enemy. They have the right to offer what they want, just as I have the right to refuse it.

I was just surprised how low the offer was. If private parties are willing to buy the car with cash-in-hand for double on the same day, you are being lowballed big time.

This is worse than wholesale. They are buying it and selling to a wholesaler for a profit, which is why it's so terrible.

"They help people who need cash right away with a cashier check" is also false. They aren't helping anyone. If you advertise your car on Craigslist for 50% of what it's worth, you can have a line of 200 people in front of your house willing to pay you that same instant cash for it.

Don't believe me? Take any car, cut the blue book value in half, and post an ad on Craigslist asking for cash, and see how many hundreds of responses you'll get begging to meet you same day.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

Going back to my original post, I believe Carmax's severe lowballing is to account for the times they pick up a car with undiscovered mechanical issues where they have to spend a lot repairing it.

NononononONNONONONONONONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOO

even though you cal it lowballing because as always you're thinking you're entitled to shit. They do it because they're a business and their whole point is to make as much money as possible.

carmax isn't for some jew who begs down 4$ refunds at local pizza joints. It's for people who need money right the fuck now, and have a car they really need to dump to get that car.

Cue druff caling them all idiots, and not knowing a single circumstance for why some of these peple might need to do this. As you've always had anything you needed, and if you didnt it was a phone call away to mom and dad
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Not even worth arguing. You havent been wrong sinc I regged in 2005

Nice scamming refeence though. Seems i touched a nerve you fucking problem with america, penny pinching jew.

You have this self entitlement that how dare a company try to profit from me

and yes, I do know how affluent you've been.

SHould I post your families financial records, addresses from the pat 30 years to show it? Lke I said, you were a phone cal away if ever needed, but I will give you you're smart with your money. So you never needed to make that call.

This isn't my first ten years on the internet buddy. I fucking know you

Comments

1marley1: kid, you suck

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not even worth arguing. You havent been wrong sinc I regged in 2005

Nice scamming refeence though. Seems i touched a nerve you fucking problem with america, penny pinching jew.

You have this self entitlement that how dare a company try to profit from me

and yes, I do know how affluent you've been.

SHould I post your families financial records, addresses from the pat 30 years to show it? Lke I said, you were a phone cal away if ever needed, but I will give you you're smart with your money. So you never needed to make that call.

This isn't my first ten years on the internet buddy. I fucking know you

Threatening to post personal info now? Looks like you are the one whose nerves were touched.

I don't understand what my family has to do with this. Everything I have I made myself. Got a job straight out of college and lived within those means, never having to hit up my family for loans or other kind of help. So that's all that really matters here. You can only pull the "you're too affluent, you don't understand" card on someone who was given a large base of money from their family from the start. That was never me.

There is no entitlement here. I have always been of the belief that every company has the right to attempt to profit the maximum, provided they do it ethically.

At the same time, smart Jew consumers like me have the right to carefully spend our money and avoid getting gouged.

Carmax didn't do anything wrong by offering me shit for my car, but this post was more to warn anyone else in my spot to not bother wasting time with them. The only exception is if you're in a spot like gauchojake, where you have a car with hidden mechanical issues that you don't want to pass onto an individual, and are hoping Carmax stupidly buys it without realizing it until later.

You are reading too much into my post, as well as my other posts here.

There's no "entitlement issues" in wanting to avoid getting a bad deal.

Load Metric
    2015 is off to a good start
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Why go the Carmax route? Seems -ev in time if you were expecting to get a decent amount for your car. Unless you had the time to kill and were just hoping to hit a home run.

Seems like using carmax would be the equal of going to a pawn shop hoping to get paid top dollar for something which never happens

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Why go the Carmax route? Seems -ev in time if you were expecting to get a decent amount for your car. Unless you had the time to kill and were just hoping to hit a home run.

Seems like using carmax would be the equal of going to a pawn shop hoping to get paid top dollar for something which never happens
    I was curious and in the area anyway, figured it would be interesting to see. Had I known the wait was going to end up 50 minutes, I wouldn't have bothered.

I knew going in there was a high % chance of a fail offer.

The Artist Formerly Known as Jewdonk
    Load Metric
    LOL @ Todd

JFC

The Artist Formerly Known as Jewdonk
    Load Metric

NononononONNONONONONONONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOO

even though you cal it lowballing because as always you're thinking you're entitled to shit. They do it because they're a business and their whole point is to make as much money as possible.

carmax isn't for some jew who begs down 4$ refunds at local pizza joints. It's for people who need money right the fuck now, and have a car they really need to dump to get that car.

Cue druff caling them all idiots, and not knowing a single circumstance for why some of these peple might need to do this. As you've always had anything you needed, and if you didnt it was a phone call away to mom and dad

LMAO

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Marty are you seriously laughing at the comment, "As you've always had anything you needed, and if you didnt it was a phone call away to mom and dad"?

Is it laughter of familiarity?

Comments

adamantium: Low blow

Thread Information