Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official Drexel 1st annual $1,000 Invitational Freeroll Thread*** Scheduled for Sunday November 16th at 5:30PM pst WITH $500 ADDED FROM SIMPDOG FOR SPORTS BETTING!!!

Load Metric
    im quite afraid i have no idea what the right honorable gentleman is referring to. that doesnt seem at all like something id do.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Can I get in on this? Need to pay rent since been losing all season
    Last edited by cmoney; 11-08-2014 at 03:11 PM.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    My suggestion to get maximum entertainment.

$600 for tournament and $400 to give to 4 people of drexels choosing $100 each to bet on sports

am thinking cmoney china jewdonk and searles could be good entertainment

either drexel can place the full $100 bet for each or can send the $400 to druff maybe and he can do it saves any messing round

each person makes their own thread and if they win first bet they must continue to bet the maximum they have until busto or $1500

if they bust we can laugh at them and if they manage to heeb it up to $1500 they win $500 and the other $1k starts the entire process again with 4 new people betting

Comments

BHS: I posted something similar a few pages ago - good idea

Banned
    Load Metric
    just run a $1000.00 deep stack tourney with 15 minute blinds

10K starting chips paying out maybe the top 6

the great equalizer

and in the spirit of a true freeroll

I also like the idea of a heads up bracket

that would be very entertaining for all...even after you busted

don't see the logic in carving out a piece for sports betting....who is going to be making the picks ?

up to Drex at the end of the day...but I vote a 15 min level $1000.00 deep stack NL tourney...or a heads up bracket chosen at random

seems like the most bang for the buck imo

Load Metric
    again, to keep it fun and fair to everyone here (keeping in mind, not EVERYONE HERE is equal when it comes to poker skills), $500 for tourney, $500 for heebing it up on sports picks, where the group gets to ALL SHARE equally (which is fair to everyone here).

find a game where a majority of our top sports pickers agree on the outcome, the public (everyone else here) will give there green rep approval, and the bet gets entered, where we all equally sweat it.

this would be a very fair and enjoyable outcome, for everyone (not everyone here is great at poker, and not everyone can make the tourney). EVERYONE though can benefit from the enjoyment of the sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    again, to keep it fun and fair to everyone here (keeping in mind, not EVERYONE HERE is equal when it comes to poker skills), $500 for tourney, $500 for heebing it up on sports picks, where the group gets to ALL SHARE equally (which is fair to everyone here).

find a game where a majority of our top sports pickers agree on the outcome, the public (everyone else here) will give there green rep approval, and the bet gets entered, where we all equally sweat it.

this would be a very fair and enjoyable outcome, for everyone (not everyone here is great at poker, and not everyone can make the tourney). EVERYONE though can benefit from the enjoyment of the sweat.
    Let's say we go on a crazy neverheeb run, and then what?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

Let's say we go on a crazy neverheeb run, and then what?
    people buy/sell percentages

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    we take 500 and let the top guys select the bet. The rest of us will likely just say "Sure, go with it".

we place bet

In the event we win, we now have 1000

We then take a quick vote (POLL) and decide to either stop and collect our winnings, save half our winnings/bet the other half again, or bet the entire amount. Whatever the poll says we do, we do.

When its time to cash out, if you are on a list of members who can Participate (made n-words, PFAWPGP and AWP winner) can receive a payment via bank transfer/paypal, etc. If it gets to be too complicated because they cant figure that shit out, its up to THEM to get a paypal account to collect their winnings.

BCR is the HNIC for this (if he wants to be, based on Drexel's recommendation)

Majority gets to decide if we cash out or heeb.

(alternative method for payments...once we hit 1000 in the prize pool for sports bet, we take the list of approved members, and figure out each persons share. If anyone wants out at that point, BCR or the approved HNIC can send a payment to anyone who wants out. The remaining money is pooled for the people who want to stay in. The sweat will continue to keep everyone interested and excited and if the next bet wins, repeat the process)

Comments

snowtracks: Good Idea ... Let's run it up to $100k

Load Metric
    give these pitiful faggots nothing and take a pic of you lighting the money on fire

honestly if drk star or sonatine see a dime of this you have failed

Comments

DRK Star: gare = one big fucking ray of sunshine

sonatine: you might think that, i cannot possibly comment

tyde: sig worthy

Load Metric
    I like DRK's recent proposal.

This is a forum after all and a bit of discussion about the experts picks would be something to do around here.

The beauty is when (not if) the discussion devolves into the inane it gets cut short and the experts pull the trigger.

While I like the expert idea - even choosing them will be a good discussion - one issue might be that the guys we would choose may not want to get involved

"If nominated, I will not run. If elected I will not serve".... kind of thing.

Would China sit on panel? I doubt anyone would question this choice.

BNP - don't know how he's running but he has a level head.

Let's recruit Drexel - get him posting again.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-08-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Load Metric
    while we're talking about sports bets, I think we should consider JMM and his boxing picks. I don't follow them too much, but I'm pretty sure he almost always has the correct side of a bet.

Load Metric
    the only reason i wouldnt suggest we dump the full $500 in jmm's lap is because boxing judges are bullshit flunky thieves.

Comments

tyde: lol

Crowe Diddly: sad truth rep

Load Metric
    The money came from sports betting & a great sweat thread so I don't see why we wouldn't use a portion of it for some more sports betting.

Sweat threads, like radio chat, are the funnest part of the forum IMO. I don't even care who makes the picks as long as they seem like good spots & we have something left for a final Super Bowl sweat.

Comments

snowtracks: I mean to rep Positive sory Hockey
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    30 post grovelers need not apply. i would be willing to give up my seat to see that they don't get a wiff of rippy donken w/ ax.

Comments

tyde: lol popeil still tilted after all this time
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Let's Forget about the freeroll....
    Double Down put the whole $1k on a sports bet while Drex does a radio show

Still Think we should put TYDE into the sunday million!

Load Metric
    yo drexel, this is drpeters, i have been a long time listener to u on this show and the previous show on donkdown, i have been a member of pfa since day one, just wondering if i can play in your freeroll, its cool either way, let me know,
    thanks zod.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snowtracks View Post
    Let's Forget about the freeroll....
    Double Down put the whole $1k on a sports bet while Drex does a radio show

Still Think we should put TYDE into the sunday million!

+1

Load Metric
    Winner/Loser should get an all-expense paid trip to Ensenada, Mexico.

Don't worry Mexico is safe...

Just watch out for gangs, cartel members and criminals who target white guys who look like Americans.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPeters View Post
    yo drexel, this is drpeters, i have been a long time listener to u on this show and the previous show on donkdown, i have been a member of pfa since day one, just wondering if i can play in your freeroll, its cool either way, let me know,
    thanks zod.

die in a grease fire you pos

Comments

shortbuspoker: it's a shame your father didn't push your mother down a flight of stairs when she was pregnant with you

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPeters View Post
    thanks zod.
    yo doctor

Name:  noose_saddam.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  19.0 KB

Comments

tyde: this ^^

Thread Information