Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie you watched?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Confessions all around, DieHard is my only Christmas movie and Alan Rickman is worshiped as God around here.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Ok I forgot one

Name:  scrooged-fairy.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  26.3 KB

Load Metric

Ok I forgot one

Name:  scrooged-fairy.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  26.3 KB
    Worth seeing the whole scene.

Comments

The_Lurker: please die in a grease fire
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm not the one to ask about current releases and so in that vein, the one useable still, is my review with some help from someone I don't know.

The Spy, starring Mellisa McCarthy, no relation to Paul, had more belly laughs per scene than any other movie to date and that includes Napolean Dynamite.

Justin?

An uproarious blast of globe-trotting action-comedy delirium that doesn't spoof the espionage-thriller genre so much as drop a series of banana peels in its path.Full review Variety.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Confessions all around, DieHard is my only Christmas movie and Alan Rickman is worshiped as God around here.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    bad santa was lol twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    The Room....and by fucking God did it live up to the hype.

Load Metric
    The Brothers Grimsby

funny as hell but not for the kids to watch at all

SBC is god.

all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Just got down watching this on Netflix. And even though it has a bit of Pokerstars indirectly promoting itself, this is, IMO, an excellent documentary, and tells an amazing true-life story.

P.S. But take the ascription to Aristotle of the notable quote that is prominent in this doc is with a huge grain of salt.
    http://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/01/09/say-nothing/
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 06-06-2016 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Typos
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

one of my absolute favorites. know it almost word by word.

sometimes I compare Druff to Alan Berg, who Talk Radio is based on. And all of you racist PFA'ers are just like the callers.

Comments

MumblesBadly: I remember seeing that years ago. Good flick. Super sad outcome.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Just watched on Netflix. Fucking brilliant!

Comments

Sanlmar: This goes on my list. This style of debate could not exist today.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

one of my absolute favorites. know it almost word by word.

sometimes I compare Druff to Alan Berg, who Talk Radio is based on. And all of you racist PFA'ers are just like the callers.
    I've made some veiled references to this film time and again around here. Never figured anyone got it. Bogosian is GOD.

Load Metric
    Saw the new Jason Bourne movie last night:

It was just okay. Too many plot holes that you could drive a semi through for my liking but was entertaining.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

love me some Coen Brothers.

one of my all time favorites.

Sonnenfelds last movie as a director of photography. He went on to direct movies after this (The Adams Family was his debut, which shares a lot of the same coloring, and a lot of the same dynamic shots)

Also, there's a Sam Raimi cameo about halfway through.

a must watch for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: Great cast, great shots. Also one of my faves.

4Dragons: What heart?
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

It was just okay. Too many plot holes that you could drive a semi through for my liking but was entertaining.
    I was looking forward to this like some kind of holiday. Loved the Bourne franchise.

Simply fucking dreadful. Vacuous story. Fights and car chases don't hold a candle to the old stuff. Every allusion to tech was a damn squeamish embarrassment.

Imagine Zuckerberg and the CIA on the same stage. Yup, that dumb.

Fell asleep and got yelled at for watching baseball on phone.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I was looking forward to this like some kind of holiday. Loved the Bourne franchise.

Simply fucking dreadful. Vacuous story. Fights and car chases don't hold a candle to the old stuff. Every allusion to tech was a damn squeamish embarrassment.

well, i guess im waiting for the DVD. i love these movies. Obvs have them in my collection (but only the first 3 the one with the other guy i despise and will never own ever)

Julia Styles is a babe....

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Comments

Kuntmissioner: Great cast, great shots. Also one of my faves.

The opening dialogue alone makes this movie one of the GOATs. And as for film Noir, this one is top top as well. Yeah it aint no Chinatown, but it is still classic.

The dvd i have has an extra with Sonnenfeld that explains how he shot the movie almost frame for frame the way they storyboarded it. They paid a lot of attention to detail.

Also, it's a retelling of the Akiro Kurasowa classic YoJimbo. And so was Last Man Standing.

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric

well, i guess im waiting for the DVD. i love these movies. Obvs have them in my collection (but only the first 3 the one with the other guy i despise and will never own ever)

Agreed. But the Jeremy Renner movie was 10x the movie this piece of crap was.

I had an inkling something was wrong when I saw the gratuitous use of Vegas in a trailer.

Sometime I will look into what the hell happened with this movie.

Load Metric

I had an inkling something was wrong when I saw the gratuitous use of Vegas in a trailer.

Last week or so I saw some brief coverage of a Matt Damon interview asking how he felt about doing another Bourne movie. He didn't lie very well and I got the impression he thought it was a dog but had to play it up for the media tour. Plus, simply sitting for such a fluff interview was a bad sign given how marketing makes the stars do extra fluff interviews to hype the film. Your comments here comfirm that sentiment.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Last week or so I saw some brief coverage of a Matt Damon interview asking how he felt about doing another Bourne movie. He didn't lie very well and I got the impression he thought it was a dog but had to play it up for the media tour. Plus, simply sitting for such a fluff interview was a bad sign given how marketing makes the stars do extra fluff interviews to hype the film. Your comments here comfirm that sentiment.

welll he said he wouldnt do another if Paul Greengrass wasn't the director.

Aside from maybe Bullitt, the og Gone in 60 seconds, and Ronin, the first 3 had some awesome car chase scenes.

Out of that list it goes for me Ronin (because I drive an Audi and they drive an Audi s8 in that movie) Bullitt, and the og Gone in 60

Comments

Sanlmar: Eleanor & a clap trap Mini

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric

Debbie Harry's boobs.

cronenbergs best.

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric

Debbie Harry's boobs.

cronenbergs best.
    Not his best, but the guy has really brought some amazing ideas to the screen. Naked Lunch was the best as far as what he could 'do' with the budget. Scanners and Videodrome really brought the 'big think' to an otherwise clunky genre. The Fly was a much better approach than the 1950's original, I thought. I think that The Dead Zone is maybe the most quotable. The guy always seems to find something within the story that is not the baseline for the movie that really brings it home.

Thread Information