Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: official: march madness thread.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The first three days I did alright and really good on day 1 but today I got murdered on these fucking games.

Part of me wants to just throw down large on the UFC Fight Night Main Event but I'm going to just chalk it up to not being my day and go back to play some poker.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    really surprised stanford beat kansas. new mex was a superior team than them that was poorly coached.

now fla or ucla just have to go through stanford/dayton for the final 4...wow.....easy path for either. they just have to go through each other.

baylor looked like a callipari run memphis team, while creighton and their 5 white dudes looked like yale. just a dominating performance...can't see how whisky beats this team either....

uconn w/ get by iowa st w/ defense, size and their shooting...have to give them a fighters chance at mich st as well....

tenn isn't texas,..and michigan will have it's hands full..

louisville might be in trouble as well, w/ kentucky.

Load Metric
    I had Kansas, Villanova, Syracuse, Creighton and Witchita State all losing this weekend, but I decided to take a completely insane route this year and pick b/w two high seeds to run to the final four. I chose OK St and Tennessee. I had OK St in the final (im toast). I see LOU/KY being a war, where both teams will beat the shit out of each other, leaving the TN/MI winner with a better chance of advancing. I have TN emerging. I sure wish I could be in Indy for those games.

Everybody I know has Mich St/FL/Lou/AZ pretty much going to final four so I wanted to be different. Ooops.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    I had Kansas, Villanova, Syracuse, Creighton and Witchita State all losing this weekend, but I decided to take a completely insane route this year and pick b/w two high seeds to run to the final four. I chose OK St and Tennessee. I had OK St in the final (im toast). I see LOU/KY being a war, where both teams will beat the shit out of each other, leaving the TN/MI winner with a better chance of advancing. I have TN emerging. I sure wish I could be in Indy for those games.

Everybody I know has Mich St/FL/Lou/AZ pretty much going to final four so I wanted to be different. Ooops.
    yeah..it's hard to deviate from certain picks. and even harder putting high seeds in the final 4 w/o pissing away your chances. my plan was to try and oust ariz and fla. because louisville and mich st looked like an easier spot for both teams before the tournament started ....i wanted to pick a couple of tems other than ariz but i couldn't do it until the final 4

i only played 1 bracket and wanted to pick okla st to go far, but there was just too much risk. i even had baylor in the final four on one of my 3 takes as well...but in the end i had ariz beating baylor to go to the final 4.......i did pick tenn to go to the elite 8 because i wanted to attack duke and score seed points in my pool

my elite 8 picks are : ucla/syracuse. mich st/uconn, ariz/baylor, tenn/louisville

if tenn beats mich and ucla beats fla i will be in pretty good shape...i also have uconn winning 1 more time before losing to mich st.

i'm sure more crazy shit will happen.. and the likely 4 might not get there
    Last edited by mulva; 03-23-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    lines

881 KENTUCKY 138.5o08 138.5o08 138.5
    882 LOUISVILLE -4.5 -12 -5 / -4 -21 / -4.5 -4.5 -21

879 TENNESSEE 131o08 131o08
    880 MICHIGAN -1.5 EVEN -1.5 EVEN

809 UCLA 136.5o08 136.5o08 137o08
    810 FLORIDA -5 +01 -5 +01

811 DAYTON 129.5 134 / 134u15 / 134 133.5
    812 STANFORD -2.5 -2.5 / -2.5 -19 -3

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Dolores, I won a WSOP main seat today and like three smaller events. Of course I'm gonna celebrate a little.

Outcome: Win

Date settled: Mar 22, 2014 08:33:20 PM

US$ 100.00 US$ 8790.34
    nice

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I wonder if some of these tanking NBA teams are having 2nd thoughts on Wiggins now. That was an ugly game there.
    They should since the kid has talent but isn't ready yet. Kansas also did a horrible job of getting him the ball. He will likely go #1 and have a rough first season but then again who knows? Maybe he plays some summer ball d-league and improves but right now a team is drafting him off his upside and not that he will instantly be good.

Barkley is going off on CBS now about Parker and Wiggins saying they aren't ready and that the NBA is garbage basketball a lot of times right now that is hard to watch.

Nobody would have predicted #10 Stanford vs #11 Dayton in the sweet 16 which obv guarantees us one double digit seed in the elite 8.
    Parker will be average. Wiggins probably a bust. I really don't see either of them excelling at the NBA level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    really surprised stanford beat kansas. new mex was a superior team than them that was poorly coached.

now fla or ucla just have to go through stanford/dayton for the final 4...wow.....easy path for either. they just have to go through each other.

baylor looked like a callipari run memphis team, while creighton and their 5 white dudes looked like yale. just a dominating performance...can't see how whisky beats this team either....

uconn w/ get by iowa st w/ defense, size and their shooting...have to give them a fighters chance at mich st as well....

Baylor is awful. Playing zone is a big advantage playing with 1 day to prepare. Its pretty simple when you play vs a zone you have to hit the 3 ball. 5-24 wont beat any zone team. They really hyped up Creightons 3 pt shooting on tv so you have to give some credit to Baylor. WI shoots the 3ball really well. As a Badger fan I was rooting for Baylor because its a perfect matchup for them. Give Bo Ryan 4 days to prepare along with the talent and its a no brainer. Not sure what the line will be but if you wanna put $100 on Baylor su let me know.

Load Metric

About the only game I won.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Refs pretty one sided in this Kentucky game for Kentucky. I have WS on the moneyline with Creighton which they will beat that horrible Baylor team.
    You can't be serious. That game was called terribly inconsistent, but it wasn't in favor of Kentucky by any stretch. There were a ton of calls that were blatantly missed.
    Really? There was a 5 minute stretch where Kentucky went to the line every single time. The announcers even pointed it out. They just went full speed to the hoop and got the call everytime. WS would have to run their offense and earn their points then kentcuky just drives to the hoop and gets the call. It was a crucial part of the game. Theres a big difference between getting ticky tack fouls in the 1st half and the the last 7-8 minutes of the game. I would have liked to see Kentucky have to earn a basket instead of getting it handed to them.

Load Metric
    Refs pretty one sided in this Kentucky game for Kentucky. I have WS on the moneyline with Creighton which they will beat that horrible Baylor team.
    You can't be serious. That game was called terribly inconsistent, but it wasn't in favor of Kentucky by any stretch. There were a ton of calls that were blatantly missed.
    Ok so I had money on the game so maybe I was biased. I had to go back and check to see and in the last 5mins of the game Kentucky had 14 fts to 2. I guess I was pretty dead on. The refs won them that game. They werent even foulds half of the time.

Load Metric

Ok so I had money on the game so maybe I was biased. I had to go back and check to see and in the last 5mins of the game Kentucky had 14 fts to 2. I guess I was pretty dead on. The refs won them that game. They werent even foulds half of the time.
    They were attacking one another's defense in two entirely different manners. They were calling the game tight as it was. That's UK's game. It has been ALL year. That's why they shoot so many more foul shots than the rest of the country (what, do the refs just adore UK?) Wichita was looking for openings and, well, not being fouled. Kentucky was driving the lane and getting to the line. This isn't anything new from UK. You can't complain about foul calls , if you're fouling on one end and doing nothing to draw a foul on the other.

WS also got ALL of the calls in the first half and couldn't hold into their lead in the 2nd half. You could blame it on something that's actually legit, though, like 66% from the foul line.

The only people bitching about the officiating are people that bet on Wichita.

Load Metric
    Admittedly, I'm extremely biased, also.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Baylor is awful. Playing zone is a big advantage playing with 1 day to prepare. Its pretty simple when you play vs a zone you have to hit the 3 ball. 5-24 wont beat any zone team. They really hyped up Creightons 3 pt shooting on tv so you have to give some credit to Baylor. WI shoots the 3ball really well. As a Badger fan I was rooting for Baylor because its a perfect matchup for them. Give Bo Ryan 4 days to prepare along with the talent and its a no brainer. Not sure what the line will be but if you wanna put $100 on Baylor su let me know.
    lol..baylor sux and baylor is awful..i guess they didn't put on enough of a display vs creighton for you and their past 10 games...as for being a perfect matchup for whisky,....lol x2.

you could throw creighton jerseys on the whisky players and you wouldn;t be able to tell the difference in the two teams. whisky gets beat every year by teams teams like this...bigger, faster, stronger and more athletic...

what was really impressive was baylors defense..and not just their different zone looks..but the quickness to the perimeter and size extending everywhere

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Dolores, I won a WSOP main seat today and like three smaller events. Of course I'm gonna celebrate a little.

Outcome: Win

Date settled: Mar 22, 2014 08:33:20 PM

US$ 100.00 US$ 8790.34
    That's a fucking hit. Nicely done
    nice score how many seats did they give away 1 for every 100 people. closest i came was when i bubbled the pokerstars $660 for the PCA

Load Metric

solid call per usual

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    jmm...is it true?

Load Metric

lol..baylor sux and baylor is awful..i guess they didn't put on enough of a display vs creighton for you and their past 10 games...as for being a perfect matchup for whisky,....lol x2.

you could throw creighton jerseys on the whisky players and you wouldn;t be able to tell the difference in the two teams. whisky gets beat every year by teams teams like this...bigger, faster, stronger and more athletic...

what was really impressive was baylors defense..and not just their different zone looks..but the quickness to the perimeter and size extending everywhere
    Just shows you have no idea what you're talking about. This isnt your typical Wisconsin team. They're very athletic. Put your money where your mouth is. I'll bet you up to $500 on Wisconsin su say yes and will escrow with Druff.

Load Metric

They were attacking one another's defense in two entirely different manners. They were calling the game tight as it was. That's UK's game. It has been ALL year. That's why they shoot so many more foul shots than the rest of the country (what, do the refs just adore UK?) Wichita was looking for openings and, well, not being fouled. Kentucky was driving the lane and getting to the line. This isn't anything new from UK. You can't complain about foul calls , if you're fouling on one end and doing nothing to draw a foul on the other.

WS also got ALL of the calls in the first half and couldn't hold into their lead in the 2nd half. You could blame it on something that's actually legit, though, like 66% from the foul line.

The only people bitching about the officiating are people that bet on Wichita.
    Not true my whole table at the casino yesterday was talking about it. In fact when i said something one guy said man I thought it was just me but that officiating was so one sided. You're right about Kentucky driving to the basket to get the calls I dont fault them at all. They just played 1 on one ball and got horrible calls in their favor. Witchita st didnt need to do the same because they were making their shots. If it was fair in the end they win easily because everytime they scored Kentucky just went right down court full speed at the basket and got a call stopping the clock. I dont doubt WS got the calls in the 1st half and they were evenening it out but in the end if the refs didnt bail kentucky out they lose that game.

My bet On WS was parlayed with Creighton so the outcome didnt affect me looking back. Im just giving my honest take of what I saw while watching the game and its backed up by facts and not just backed up by being bias like what you're babbling about. I mean at first you were acting like i was crazy for saying kentucky got the calls then after I posted the facts you switched to well its because of this and that. Nice backtracking. Had you pointed those things out from the jump they would be credible but since you didnt even see the 1 sided calls in the last 5 minutes of the game it makes your point useless since you found out you were wrong and then had to dig for something else. Well played.

Load Metric

Theres so much stupidity in this statement. Creightons only big win was over Villanova (2)

Wisconsin beat FL (1) Virginia (1) Mich (2) Mich st (4) St Louis (5)

I could go deeper but you're clearly just talking out of your ass. This WI team has a really good chance of getting beat by Fl in the Championship which is what I have in my brackets.

Thread Information