Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Sam, NFL prospect, announces he's gay

Load Metric

Michael Sam, NFL prospect, announces he's gay

Shocked that this has been published for over 3 hours & Druff hasn't started this thread by now. He apparently came out to his teammates @ Missouri in August.

Missouri All-American Michael Sam says he is gay, and the defensive end could become the first openly homosexual player in the NFL.
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/mi...-gay-1.2529975
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Shocked that this has been published for over 3 hours & Druff hasn't started this thread by now. He apparently came out to his teammates @ Missouri in August.

Missouri All-American Michael Sam says he is gay, and the defensive end could become the first openly homosexual player in the NFL.

You better be more than a middle to late round prospect if you want to drop this information. He'll drop, partly because he's gay, somewhat because the NFL is the most conservative of the pro leagues, but mostly because who wants to field a bunch of questions and distractions over a guy who is a coinflip to even make a roster? If it is somehow liberating for him, then good for him, but it will be a bad career choice as far as the NFL. He was projected as a 4th round pick before this. I'll go on record predicting 6th round to undrafted.

It isn't basketball. Much bigger rosters, and way more religious than the general population. When is the last time you saw 75 men kneel and pray like is routine in the NFL? Never see it in the NBA or MLB. He better have a tremendous combine performance.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

You better be more than a middle to late round prospect if you want to drop this information. He'll drop, partly because he's gay, somewhat because the NFL is the most conservative of the pro leagues, but mostly because who wants to field a bunch of questions and distractions over a guy who is a coinflip to even make a roster? If it is somehow liberating for him, then good for him, but it will be a bad career choice as far as the NFL. He was projected as a 4th round pick before this. I'll go on record predicting 6th round to undrafted.

It isn't basketball. Much bigger rosters, and way more religious than the general population. When is the last time you saw 75 men kneel and pray like is routine in the NFL? Never see it in the NBA or MLB. He better have a tremendous combine performance.
    Agreed. This is only going to hurt him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric

He was going to get outed, it wasn't a big secret. He only gains by getting out in front of it.

Load Metric
    He was going to get outed, it wasn't a big secret. He only gains by getting out in front of it.
    Yeah, I read that he outed himself to teammates after looking where he was projected. We'll see. I think he's toast. This is the league where a white guy called a black guy n-word and taunted him for being soft to the point he was admitted into the psych ward, and every teammate wanted the taunter back, not the soft guy. It's going to be interesting. I will be shocked if he can exist in that league.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He should have waited until the draft I agree but regardless it should be all about talent when drafting someone and not whether the guy likes cock over pussy.

Load Metric
    Yeah, I read that he outed himself to teammates after looking where he was projected. We'll see. I think he's toast. This is the league where a white guy called a black guy n-word and taunted him for being soft to the point he was admitted into the psych ward, and every teammate wanted the taunter back, not the soft guy. It's going to be interesting. I will be shocked if he can exist in that league.
    it'll def be interesting to see how it plays out. football players are a unique bunch, super macho.

anyone who has read the incognito/martin texts can attest to that... and i think one or both of them could be on the "down low" <- amirite plol?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Im sure it wont be easy for him but if Jackie Robinson can make it in baseball I think this kid breaking this barrier can happen easier than you think especially considering what just happened with Incognito and Martin. The leagues and teams are going to crack down on this type of stuff.

Now they can't police it 100 % but I'd bet after what happened with Incognito and Martin there will be stricter guidelines on some things and some new rules will be put in place to discourage certain behaviors.

I bet he and whichever team he plays for will make one statement at the beginning of the season and say they aint talking about it no more. Belichick used this strategy after the Hernandez murder thing and it worked and it was never talked about again.

It won't be easy thats for sure but I think if he is strong minded he will make it and others will follow

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Illuminatti will kill him off. Blame it on a hate crime committing redneck.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    but in all seriousness it will drop him so far in the draft. It would be funny if as a penalty the Dolphins had to take him.

Load Metric
    How the fuck is this dude 24 already? He's a month older than RG3 and is undersized for the position. I was wondering how a first team AA was expected to go in the mid-rounds, but gay or no gay, no one is wasting anything high on a 24 year old 6'1 DE.

Load Metric
    How the fuck is this dude 24 already? He's a month older than RG3 and is undersized for the position. I was wondering how a first team AA was expected to go in the mid-rounds, but gay or no gay, no one is wasting anything high on a 24 year old 6'1 DE.
    He's been projected as a mid-round pick all along. Frankly it will all come down to his combine since he's undersized for DE but oversized for LB. He needs to either show he has the quickness to play LB or the brute strength to play with his hand down on the line. He could be drafted as high as the 2nd round if he kills it at the combine, or could drop to 6th or 7th round if he is unspectacular --which would be surprising for a gay man *couldn't resist*.

It's actually the perfect gambit by him. Besides not having to hide who he is, if he drops off the board and doesn't make a team he probably has a lawsuit against the league; if he makes a team (which is actually extremely likely because he is one of those "project" tweener players teams tend to keep around for a couple years) he's an immediate media star.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Banned
    Load Metric
    lol a lawsuit against the league?

just go away

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Im sure it wont be easy for him but if Jackie Robinson can make it in baseball I think this kid breaking this barrier can happen easier than you think especially considering what just happened with Incognito and Martin. The leagues and teams are going to crack down on this type of stuff.

Now they can't police it 100 % but I'd bet after what happened with Incognito and Martin there will be stricter guidelines on some things and some new rules will be put in place to discourage certain behaviors.

I bet he and whichever team he plays for will make one statement at the beginning of the season and say they aint talking about it no more. Belichick used this strategy after the Hernandez murder thing and it worked and it was never talked about again.

It won't be easy thats for sure but I think if he is strong minded he will make it and others will follow
    If this kid drops like a stone I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Patriots picked him up. Probably the best team in the NFL suited to deal with something like this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    Confirmed gay, he wanted to kiss Suzy Kolber.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Should probably go about as well as Jason Collins coming out..he received all kinds of praise and support from players, owners, fans, management. So much praise that he's not on a roster now

Silver
    Load Metric
    Broadway Joe got himself a dime of a hooker there.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This fag's main problem is his 6'1 260lb frame. That is about as tweener as it gets. Too short and fat to run at 3-4 OLB in coverage or 4-3 OLB. Way too small to play 3-4 DE. Probably not quick enough to beat NFL OT's around the edge with his hand in the dirt as a 4-3 DE. Really best built to play the SAM backer role at ILB in a 3-4, but he has never played inside before and he would go from pass rusher to run stopper. Big change.

This is why he won't be drafted high, he just doesn't have a natural fit. It has nothing to do with him liking cock up the ass, believe that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post
    Should probably go about as well as Jason Collins coming out..he received all kinds of praise and support from players, owners, fans, management. So much praise that he's not on a roster now
    he was barely on a roster when he came out

Thread Information