Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts and commentary

Load Metric

My thoughts and commentary

I know they're a ton of threads about these same issues. I have for the most part been noticeably absent from commenting on them. After listening to bits and pieces of dd radio tonight for the first time since my exile, I feel the need to comment.

I listened tonight mainly because I read China's post in which he stated he was calling in. That intrigued me because in the years I have known China (online and in person) he has never played favorites or gotten involved with drama for the sake of getting involved in drama.

In the brief time I listened, I heard Micon take two shots at me. One directly and the other in directly. He made a comment about having a bad habit of choosing bad friends and then made a reference to me as a psychopath. He also made a comment that I found very interesting. He brought up the time when Colleen posted on dd and appeared on radio. He stated that "he didn't want another girl killing herself because of things said on the forums, a clear reference and shot at Brandi. First, I never liked the Colleen bit at all. I made that vocally clear in posts on dd and on radio. It was obvious to anyone that she was clearly not stable enough nor did she enjoy being a part of dd. Micon's comment irritated me because he was very close to be after Brandi died and knew the exact circumstances that led to her death and knew very well that the forums, played absolutely zero role in her death.

I have not spoken or had any communication with Micon since March 7th and that was a pm on dd. He made threats about releasing private information he knew about me (lol ass picture) if I continued to post on donkdown, spoke with anyone who he considered a closer friend to him than to me, and spoke out anymore on my leaving dd.

I will admit Micon does know many things about me that I would not like to be publicized, although if they were, I truly wouldnt lose any sleep over it. At the same time, he knows I know things that I have never shared that would devastate him and those close to him beyond repair. I thought we had a gentlemans agreement to move on with our lives and not speak of each other in ill regard in the poker community. Micon has continued to do so evident by those who have contacted me and relayed scomments made by him first hand. I know someone close to Micon will point him towards this post. This is the last time I am going to publicly implore him to stop attacking me and move on with your life.

In regards to what has happened with Druff and Micon. I am going to state my opinion because a lot of the issues that have been discussed in the past few days were issues that I had a level of involvement in.

I make no secret that when Druff left dd, we weren't on good terms. I make no secret that I did disagree in certain aspects of how he ran the forums and felt at times he instigated things with posters. I also make no secret that I fully acknowledge that Micon, the namesake of the site, was mostly absent for large streches (as well as me) and Druff kept the site alive and flowing. I also want to make clear again that I am not on this site to show loyalty towards Druff or to stick it in Micons face.

After Micon "fired" me from dd, I still had planned to post there as I saw fit. I post in flurries. Sometimes quite often and sometimes months will go by. I have made many real life friends over the years from dd and I didn't feel me being forced of the site should make me lose connections with a lot of great people I have befriended. Micon felt different and again threatened that if I posted on the site he would then ruin my image. Since many of the same posters joined PFA, I felt it was the best thing to do and it would alleviate any problems with Micon.

As Druff has agreed with me, him and I will all likelihood never be buddies. There is no ill will between us but we are total different personalities. We both realize that. If we knew each other in highschool, we never woould have porbably spoken. At the same time, we have always been acquaintances and have seen each other from time to time and even speak on the phone every so often. We're just never going to be close buds.

Everything Druff has said about the breakup/contract etc with Micon I know to be 100% factual. There was an initial phase where Druff offered to buy Micon out, but it became immediately clear Micon would never give up dd. Druff realized that due to the closeness of Micon and I, the fact relationships were completely severed, he would be the one to have to leave.

After that initial reaction set in, Druff's ONLY concern was making sure members of his family were not exposed on dd, whether it be a name, an obvious reference to a name or a picture. That was his only request and objective in leaving the site. He had the foresight to know that info would be put up after he left.

He took a minimal amount of money (basically a token) and asked to have access to a dd email address for a set period of time and to have a program installed where he could move any personal info about his family if such was posted. I will say Micon did not like these terms. Not because imo that he felt Druff would violate such a power but because he didn't want to have a continued association with Druff for 5 years.

It ended up being a compromise both had to make or it would have dragged on and on with no end in site. Druff gave up a ton of equity and Micon had to concede to letting Druff be able to moderate family info. I also want to state from what I was told (cant verify since I never used the druff account) he couldnt look up ip info, change passwords, etc.

Now this is the obvious sticking point. We can all lol at whether a childs foot, toe, pinkie etc being shown on a forum is petty or not. Druff though thought it wasn't and had it included in the contract to actually state (and I have read this but not quoting verbatim) that any shown body part of a family member is not allowed and he shall be able to if he deems appropriate move such photo to the admin forum. Micon fully understanding this, but at the same time thinking it was insane, agreed to it and the contract was notarized and signed.

I will also mention that Micon (at the point Druff and I had stopped speaking) stated to me that Druff told him he wasn't interested in opening a forum, fracturing an already dying community. We have all seen the really there isnt enough of a community to have 2-3 forums that all flourish. Its basically all the same users on each one, with the occasional user that sticks to only one for various reasons.

Micon didn't implement in the contract stating Druff couldn't operate a forum. I was told and believe that Druff told Micon he only intended to start a blog at some point. Regardless of Druffs intentions, he had every right to start a forum. I also stated to Micon at the time it was my belief that Druff would one day start another forum, as he enjoyed it too much and it had become a big part of his life after so many years.

I was still a admin/owner whatever a few months ago when Druff removed the picture posted by Bob. If Micon had an issue with it, it was never expressed to me. I saw the pic and clearly it invoked Druffs right to move the photo per the any body part clause in there contract.

I can't state with absolute certainty that Druff at no other time moved/edited/ or deleted a thread that would constitute a violation of their contract but I have seen no evidence (that could be easily provided) to suggest so. I believe Micon himself stated that there was no such evidence.

It is apparent to me that forever reason (wasn't a shock to me) that Micon was blindsided by Druff starting a forum. It appears obvious this upset Micon and he believes it to be a conflict of interest that Druff has limited powers on dd, while operating, lets be honest- a competing forum. I do understand and even sympathise with Micon, because I can understand how awkward the arrangement is, but that was the deal he agreed to.

I know as entertaining this is, I mean cmon Jesus Christ, people who post on these forums, that have real world jobs and real word problems must think we (yes me as well) are the biggest bunch of fucktards in the Universe, but the fact remains longstanding friends are permanently over. I'm upset. Druff is upset. Even with the stone cold behavior he has exhibited, I know Micon does have a heart and is upset. Mutual friends of ours had to pick sides, with me now getting the cold shoulder from those who were closer to Micon than me. Friends of mine that I introduced Micon to, that he became close with are now over. Its all quite sad.

As i was reading everything today (I didnt find out todays developments until 6pm) I thought of the movie the Late Shift. It was an HBO movie that portrayed the 90's late night talk show wars between Letterman and Leno. I highly suggest watching it if you've never seen it.

I don't want this to turn into that. I don't want this to be the pfa radio show versus dd radio. DD bashing PFA. PFA bashing dd etc. I know many of you want to see that (i.e PFA radio on Wednesday nights) but everyone (mainly the three entities) need to stop the bashing each other publicly and allow everyone to do their own thing and let our individual projects sink or swim on there own merit.

I realize that they're is a potential legal situation that may very well end up playing out. I hope this can be adverted. I have absolutely zero legal expertise but I will say knowing what I know (unless there is something that has been kept from me) Druff never breached his contract. I realize Micon feels as if he thought something that was in his best interest backfired on him, but that is not in anyway justification or even an assumption of zero liability.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    If you know info on micon that would devastate him beyond repair isn't it your duty to tell the people close to him? If it is that big of a deal for him wouldn't it be an equally as big of deal to those the news would devastate? Who are the people close to him that would be devastated? Do you care nothing about them? Don't they have a right to know? How can you sit there and withhold pertinent information to those close to Micon who are no doubt your friends as well with a clear conscience?

Load Metric
    he knows I know things that I have never shared that would devastate him and those close to him beyond repair.

So basically you're telling Micon to back off or you will spill to his wife about the coke fuelled night he had with a high quality hooker?

Load Metric
    still can't believe you guys had to half ass it though. If only Micon would have allowed the Drexel fucked my wife drama bomb. You know those behind the scenes have been screaming for this for years. I can't be the only one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    he knows I know things that I have never shared that would devastate him and those close to him beyond repair.

So basically you're telling Micon to back off or you will spill to his wife about the coke fuelled night he had with a high quality hooker?
    I was in Atlantic City when we last had communication via pm. I recently re-read his message to me and it was full of threats and in essence, blackmail. I thought we had an understanding that the public assaults and commentary were to stop yet I hear otherwise on radio and from many others. I never once threatened Micon with revealing publicly anything I learned or was privy to in our friendship after I left DD. It pisses me off that he felt the need to blatantly threaten me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    If you know info on micon that would devastate him beyond repair isn't it your duty to tell the people close to him? If it is that big of a deal for him wouldn't it be an equally as big of deal to those the news would devastate? Who are the people close to him that would be devastated? Do you care nothing about them? Don't they have a right to know? How can you sit there and withhold pertinent information to those close to Micon who are no doubt your friends as well with a clear conscience?

Sorry for my crazy post. Now back to reality. We really need you to comment on this post pimp.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    I know as entertaining this is, I mean cmon Jesus Christ, people who post on these forums, that have real world jobs and real word problems must think we (yes me as well) are the biggest bunch of fucktards in the Universe
    every cloud...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Would just like to clarify a few things in Brandon's post that are related to me.

1) Yes, the contract DOES mention that any portion of family members in pictures will not be allowed on DD, and I am supposed to have an account to permanently move them out of public view. The contract states this very clearly, and Micon has known this for 6 months. He is lying when he pretends that he doesn't realize or believe this. I put this term into the contract because there's no reason for people to be posting my family pictures in the first place, and because I did not want to get into endless debates as to what constituted a family member's image. There was no point to establish ridiculous parameters like that, but much more efficient to make all pictures of family members, whether full or partial, off limits.

2) Colleen and I are on good terms, and in fact I had a nice conversation with her a few days ago when she called to ask me advice about something. Obviously we had issues in the past but that was because I had problems with certain actions of hers involving my good friend Ken Scalir. I would never just randomly pick on an unstable person for lulz. Colleen and I have come to terms recently and all of our communications these days are friendly. Anyway, Micon would like to portray it that Colleen was a victim of mine, when in reality she's pissed at him for refusing to take down her real name and pictures from DD.

3) I never promised Micon that I wouldn't start another forum. This whole assertion of his is absolutely ludicrous. You guys know how much I love being part of online communities. I got on my first BBS in 1986, and 26 years later, here I am on the 2012 version of BBSes. Do you really think I'd give up my lifetime rights to run a forum for a lousy $1200? Obviously not. Here's how it actually happened: In September, Micon and I were discussing the terms of my departure and the contract we would be drawing up. One thing I remembered was that Micon held the rights to dandruffpoker.com (he was actually holding it for me), and I told him that I wanted dandruffpoker.com as part of the separation agreement. He snap-agreed to this. I then voluntarily mentioned to him that I was probably just going to start a blog there, and had no interest in running a forum for the time being. However, not wanting him to get the wrong idea, I added, "I might eventually start a forum... maybe in 6 months, maybe in 12 months, maybe when online poker becomes legalized. I'm not sure... maybe I never will. But I'm just saying I don't want one right now, but I might very well run one in the future." Surprisingly, Micon was completely okay with this. "Go ahead, start a forum whenever you want, even right now," he said. "If you want to run your own forum, I'm not going to try and stop that." This is why the transfer of dandruffpoker.com was written into the contract, but there wasn't a single word against starting a forum! This is because Micon claimed to have no problem with it at the time -- which was most likely bullshit, and simply saying what I wanted to hear so I would sign over my part of DD for a measly $1200.

4) I also hope the legal aspect of this can be averted. I do not want to sue anyone. All I want is for Micon to fully respect and honor the contract we both signed. There is no negotiation on that. We already had our negotiations in September, and the contract was the agreed-upon result. If he comes to his senses and agrees to honor what he signed, I will drop this matter. If he digs his heels in and continues making lame excuses as to why he's breaking our agreement, yes, he will be sued. The ball is completely in his court right now.

5) The document is 100% legal and valid. If Martha is saying otherwise, it's no wonder that she hasn't practiced law in 5 years. Besides, even if it wasn't legal, a good person keeps his word and honors his agreements. A piece of shit tries to worm his way out of clear agreements for personal gain.

Load Metric
    So you have a bunch of info about Micon that would destroy him, and you didn't post it? Even after he posted that picture of you and threatened you? I have to give you credit Drexel, you took the high road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    So you have a bunch of info about Micon that would destroy him, and you didn't post it? Even after he posted that picture of you and threatened you? I have to give you credit Drexel, you took the high road.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. That's not the highroad. He's just scared of all the people close to him who will no doubt be mad that he didn't tell them sooner.

Load Metric

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. That's not the highroad. He's just scared of all the people close to him who will no doubt be mad that he didn't tell them sooner.
    I guess that depends on who those people are and his relationship with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric

I guess that depends on who those people are and his relationship with them.

Sorta maybe. But he would still have to answer to whoever it is he slow rolled. That's why he won't roll.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I know they're a ton of threads about these same issues. I have for the most part been noticeably absent from commenting on them. After listening to bits and pieces of dd radio tonight for the first time since my exile, I feel the need to comment.

I listened tonight mainly because I read China's post in which he stated he was calling in. That intrigued me because in the years I have known China (online and in person) he has never played favorites or gotten involved with drama for the sake of getting involved in drama.

In the brief time I listened, I heard Micon take two shots at me. One directly and the other in directly. He made a comment about having a bad habit of choosing bad friends and then made a reference to me as a psychopath. He also made a comment that I found very interesting. He brought up the time when Colleen posted on dd and appeared on radio. He stated that "he didn't want another girl killing herself because of things said on the forums, a clear reference and shot at Brandi. First, I never liked the Colleen bit at all. I made that vocally clear in posts on dd and on radio. It was obvious to anyone that she was clearly not stable enough nor did she enjoy being a part of dd. Micon's comment irritated me because he was very close to be after Brandi died and knew the exact circumstances that led to her death and knew very well that the forums, played absolutely zero role in her death.

I have not spoken or had any communication with Micon since March 7th and that was a pm on dd. He made threats about releasing private information he knew about me (lol ass picture) if I continued to post on donkdown, spoke with anyone who he considered a closer friend to him than to me, and spoke out anymore on my leaving dd.

I will admit Micon does know many things about me that I would not like to be publicized, although if they were, I truly wouldnt lose any sleep over it. At the same time, he knows I know things that I have never shared that would devastate him and those close to him beyond repair. I thought we had a gentlemans agreement to move on with our lives and not speak of each other in ill regard in the poker community. Micon has continued to do so evident by those who have contacted me and relayed scomments made by him first hand. I know someone close to Micon will point him towards this post. This is the last time I am going to publicly implore him to stop attacking me and move on with your life.

In regards to what has happened with Druff and Micon. I am going to state my opinion because a lot of the issues that have been discussed in the past few days were issues that I had a level of involvement in.

I make no secret that when Druff left dd, we weren't on good terms. I make no secret that I did disagree in certain aspects of how he ran the forums and felt at times he instigated things with posters. I also make no secret that I fully acknowledge that Micon, the namesake of the site, was mostly absent for large streches (as well as me) and Druff kept the site alive and flowing. I also want to make clear again that I am not on this site to show loyalty towards Druff or to stick it in Micons face.

After Micon "fired" me from dd, I still had planned to post there as I saw fit. I post in flurries. Sometimes quite often and sometimes months will go by. I have made many real life friends over the years from dd and I didn't feel me being forced of the site should make me lose connections with a lot of great people I have befriended. Micon felt different and again threatened that if I posted on the site he would then ruin my image. Since many of the same posters joined PFA, I felt it was the best thing to do and it would alleviate any problems with Micon.

As Druff has agreed with me, him and I will all likelihood never be buddies. There is no ill will between us but we are total different personalities. We both realize that. If we knew each other in highschool, we never woould have porbably spoken. At the same time, we have always been acquaintances and have seen each other from time to time and even speak on the phone every so often. We're just never going to be close buds.

Everything Druff has said about the breakup/contract etc with Micon I know to be 100% factual. There was an initial phase where Druff offered to buy Micon out, but it became immediately clear Micon would never give up dd. Druff realized that due to the closeness of Micon and I, the fact relationships were completely severed, he would be the one to have to leave.

After that initial reaction set in, Druff's ONLY concern was making sure members of his family were not exposed on dd, whether it be a name, an obvious reference to a name or a picture. That was his only request and objective in leaving the site. He had the foresight to know that info would be put up after he left.

He took a minimal amount of money (basically a token) and asked to have access to a dd email address for a set period of time and to have a program installed where he could move any personal info about his family if such was posted. I will say Micon did not like these terms. Not because imo that he felt Druff would violate such a power but because he didn't want to have a continued association with Druff for 5 years.

It ended up being a compromise both had to make or it would have dragged on and on with no end in site. Druff gave up a ton of equity and Micon had to concede to letting Druff be able to moderate family info. I also want to state from what I was told (cant verify since I never used the druff account) he couldnt look up ip info, change passwords, etc.

Now this is the obvious sticking point. We can all lol at whether a childs foot, toe, pinkie etc being shown on a forum is petty or not. Druff though thought it wasn't and had it included in the contract to actually state (and I have read this but not quoting verbatim) that any shown body part of a family member is not allowed and he shall be able to if he deems appropriate move such photo to the admin forum. Micon fully understanding this, but at the same time thinking it was insane, agreed to it and the contract was notarized and signed.

I will also mention that Micon (at the point Druff and I had stopped speaking) stated to me that Druff told him he wasn't interested in opening a forum, fracturing an already dying community. We have all seen the really there isnt enough of a community to have 2-3 forums that all flourish. Its basically all the same users on each one, with the occasional user that sticks to only one for various reasons.

Micon didn't implement in the contract stating Druff couldn't operate a forum. I was told and believe that Druff told Micon he only intended to start a blog at some point. Regardless of Druffs intentions, he had every right to start a forum. I also stated to Micon at the time it was my belief that Druff would one day start another forum, as he enjoyed it too much and it had become a big part of his life after so many years.

I was still a admin/owner whatever a few months ago when Druff removed the picture posted by Bob. If Micon had an issue with it, it was never expressed to me. I saw the pic and clearly it invoked Druffs right to move the photo per the any body part clause in there contract.

I can't state with absolute certainty that Druff at no other time moved/edited/ or deleted a thread that would constitute a violation of their contract but I have seen no evidence (that could be easily provided) to suggest so. I believe Micon himself stated that there was no such evidence.

It is apparent to me that forever reason (wasn't a shock to me) that Micon was blindsided by Druff starting a forum. It appears obvious this upset Micon and he believes it to be a conflict of interest that Druff has limited powers on dd, while operating, lets be honest- a competing forum. I do understand and even sympathise with Micon, because I can understand how awkward the arrangement is, but that was the deal he agreed to.

I know as entertaining this is, I mean cmon Jesus Christ, people who post on these forums, that have real world jobs and real word problems must think we (yes me as well) are the biggest bunch of fucktards in the Universe, but the fact remains longstanding friends are permanently over. I'm upset. Druff is upset. Even with the stone cold behavior he has exhibited, I know Micon does have a heart and is upset. Mutual friends of ours had to pick sides, with me now getting the cold shoulder from those who were closer to Micon than me. Friends of mine that I introduced Micon to, that he became close with are now over. Its all quite sad.

As i was reading everything today (I didnt find out todays developments until 6pm) I thought of the movie the Late Shift. It was an HBO movie that portrayed the 90's late night talk show wars between Letterman and Leno. I highly suggest watching it if you've never seen it.

I don't want this to turn into that. I don't want this to be the pfa radio show versus dd radio. DD bashing PFA. PFA bashing dd etc. I know many of you want to see that (i.e PFA radio on Wednesday nights) but everyone (mainly the three entities) need to stop the bashing each other publicly and allow everyone to do their own thing and let our individual projects sink or swim on there own merit.

I realize that they're is a potential legal situation that may very well end up playing out. I hope this can be adverted. I have absolutely zero legal expertise but I will say knowing what I know (unless there is something that has been kept from me) Druff never breached his contract. I realize Micon feels as if he thought something that was in his best interest backfired on him, but that is not in anyway justification or even an assumption of zero liability.

this is sad and really makes micon look like a fucking piece
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    My mom has a few special requests actually, Vwls do you do any freelance work? For fun or at least pretty cheap? Mostly cutesy stuff with her horses and baby foal who is still a baby but a freaking huge one let me tell you.

Load Metric
    Go Druff Go!

Name:  GoDogGo.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  55.7 KB

Banned
    Load Metric
    Great post Drexel, on the money as usual.

Load Metric
    Druff is possible for you to release the contract to the public to read or will it hurt your case?

Load Metric

I know as entertaining this is, I mean cmon Jesus Christ, people who post on these forums, that have real world jobs and real word problems must think we (yes me as well) are the biggest bunch of fucktards in the Universe,
    Amen to that, yet I can't stay away.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnDew View Post
    Druff is possible for you to release the contract to the public to read or will it hurt your case?
    Micon claims that Druff is actually violating the contract (that he says is void anyways, lol) by releasing any of it to the public.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnDew View Post
    I can't. We have a term in the contract that forbids us from posting the contract.

However, there is no term against talking about things we agreed to, so that's what I've been doing. Micon is just trying to stop me from talking about the contract, because whenever I do, it shows how dishonest he is.

Load Metric
    It's interesting that Micon said that Druff is insane and vendictive and no one who ever worked with him in the past will work with him again. With both Micon's former co-hosts now working together, who is the person that no one wants to work with again?

Also his argument is LOL for the contract, he's basically saying that even though he signed it, it's not valid, except for the part that Druff doesn't own any part of DD anymore. So basically the contract is not valid....except for the part(s) that Micon wants to be, and the parts he doesn't like are now invalid.

It's the same argument he used for Colleen on radio this week as well, that Todd is always steering the ship into the rocks and poor Micon is just cowering in the corner and his only mistake is letting Druff take the wheel.

Thread Information