Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dutch Boyd

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    BOYD IS GOD/thread

Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    2013 WSOP End of Day 3 chip counts...

Dutch Boyd...$207K
    Dan Druff...$0

Comments

rickastley: for using "$" when quantifying chip counts

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I didn't know Dutch was still in until yesterday when I looked at the list of players.

I was sure that video was a post Main bustout thing. You can't really call your series a failure until you finish the Main, because the prizes for success can be so large. Dutch could easily wipe out that $50k deficit with a decent (but not great) finish.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'd like to see Dutch have a good score the same as I'd love to see someone else in debt whose not completely scummy (aka Chino Rheem) do good just to see if they are able to learn from their past mistakes and get their life back on track.

Their are several reasons many winning poker players get deep in financial debt but the biggest two are overspending when they have a good score and playing games they aren't properly rolled for trying to ride a rush.

You can be the best poker player in the world but if you have piss for bankroll management then you will continue to have some wins then shoot it off quickly because even the best have variance especially if your only playing on a few bullets.

Also, some mtt winners never had a lot of themselves in the first place so what they really got is deceptive. If your an MTT grinder only then obviously you blow away money in buyins when you hit that downswing and if you travel you can add all those expenses up as well only to eventually put thousands of hours in for a few years losing tons but still getting by on what you made that one big year you had.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I'd like to see Dutch have a good score the same as I'd love to see someone else in debt whose not completely scummy (aka Chino Rheem) do good just to see if they are able to learn from their past mistakes and get their life back on track.

Their are several reasons many winning poker players get deep in financial debt but the biggest two are overspending when they have a good score and playing games they aren't properly rolled for trying to ride a rush.

You can be the best poker player in the world but if you have piss for bankroll management then you will continue to have some wins then shoot it off quickly because even the best have variance especially if your only playing on a few bullets.

Also, some mtt winners never had a lot of themselves in the first place so what they really got is deceptive. If your an MTT grinder only then obviously you blow away money in buyins when you hit that downswing and if you travel you can add all those expenses up as well only to eventually put thousands of hours in for a few years losing tons but still getting by on what you made that one big year you had.
    Yeah never understood the people who travel to far-flung places to play a single tournament.

By the time you factor in airline costs, hotel costs, and food costs, you are just spending way too much money to be +EV unless you are really one of the top few tournament players of all time. I think for a lot of these people, it's also a lifestyle they enjoy, and it's especially easy to do if you have suckers staking you for this.

If you want to make a vacation out of it and also play a tournament, that's fine, but I find that sucks for a few reasons. First, if you bring your girlfriend/wife, she is stuck doing nothing for days while you play. Second, if you take a bad beat or cooler to get knocked out, it ruins your trip and it's hard to enjoy where you are.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    Scott is upset SCOTT FISCHMAN @scottfischman88
    @DutchBoyd ur results on a lie detector test would match up nicely with ur wsop results #soreloser #bitterpartyof1 #WSOLying #periodtheend

There we go...Boyd's entire case against Fischman being a nutjob could be some off hand joke about being cheated when fischman obviously wasn't serious and also maybe the fact that fischman doesn't want anything to do with Boyd so he wanted him out of his house. Boyd's probly a POS and he was relying on fischman for several favors he didn't have the time to deal with. So fischman kicks him out and boyd has to try to explain to ppl that hes not a POS so he namedrops these jokes fischman made to make fischman look nuts and him not like a loser. Im sure everybody who actually knows Boyd couldn't give a fuck about his accusations.

Comments

4BET: for not believing dutch

tony bagadonuts: to offset 4bet plus the ghost mod should post more

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Yeah never understood the people who travel to far-flung places to play a single tournament.

By the time you factor in airline costs, hotel costs, and food costs, you are just spending way too much money to be +EV unless you are really one of the top few tournament players of all time. I think for a lot of these people, it's also a lifestyle they enjoy, and it's especially easy to do if you have suckers staking you for this.

If you want to make a vacation out of it and also play a tournament, that's fine, but I find that sucks for a few reasons. First, if you bring your girlfriend/wife, she is stuck doing nothing for days while you play. Second, if you take a bad beat or cooler to get knocked out, it ruins your trip and it's hard to enjoy where you are.

what about people who spend all their money to play in the main event, could that possibly be a good idea?

Comments

DJ_Chaps: ur too late to enter braj 55

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    Scott is upset SCOTT FISCHMAN @scottfischman88
    @DutchBoyd ur results on a lie detector test would match up nicely with ur wsop results #soreloser #bitterpartyof1 #WSOLying #periodtheend

There we go...Boyd's entire case against Fischman being a nutjob could be some off hand joke about being cheated when fischman obviously wasn't serious and also maybe the fact that fischman doesn't want anything to do with Boyd so he wanted him out of his house. Boyd's probly a POS and he was relying on fischman for several favors he didn't have the time to deal with. So fischman kicks him out and boyd has to try to explain to ppl that hes not a POS so he namedrops these jokes fischman made to make fischman look nuts and him not like a loser. Im sure everybody who actually knows Boyd couldn't give a fuck about his accusations.
    I think it's a fairly good chance that Boyd's story is true.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I enjoyed the Boyd video, but I figured it was an intentionally humorous bit and and not to be taken seriously.

Comments

thesidedish: yes likely this, but if boyds serious, see my previous post

4BET: For being a ass kisser

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

I think it's a fairly good chance that Boyd's story is true.
    Agree, I think he is telling the truth here, The story is way to far out there for boyd to have made up I.M.O, I also find it easy to believe that fischman is a nut job who is on crack, meth or whatever his drug of choice is

Comments

thesidedish: giving Boyd credibility

Bootsy Collins: For being a Floridian

tony bagadonuts: For being an ass hole
    -Allergic to the struggle

Diamond
    Load Metric
    seriously wtf is going on here, Dutch Boyd admitted on national tv to being a nutjob and now everybody has his back on this? WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT THIS GUY SAYS!!

Comments

sonatine: the streets are watching

Load Metric
    seriously wtf is going on here, Dutch Boyd admitted on national tv to being a nutjob and now everybody has his back on this? WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT THIS GUY SAYS!!
    The only thing lending Boyd credibility right now is that Scott hangs out and associates with this

and he's bit into bitcoin fever hard. Guy is on the government conspiracy, fiat money is a curse, scene. He's probably loading up on bitcoins daily and shooting them off on seals and silk road, all the while thinking there's 20 government officials watching every move of his religiously.

Boyd isn't the most credible person, but to give Scott the benefit of the doubt while knowing what he's been up to? Are you serious?

Go on the bitcoin forums or chat rooms for just a day. Hell just read Micon's twitter account. They're fucking nuts.

Comments

thesidedish: good point, but boyd deserves nothing. Just a cpl POSs is probly the correct response to it all

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

I wonder what 408mcMikey is going to do when he finds out Micon has stolen his gimmick.

Whats the over/under Micon is even alive by next year's WSOP Main Event?
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest: May 3rd another channel gone.

Load Metric
    My iTunes still downloads DD radio and with Dan Patrick off this week again I had extra time so I listened to the show. Just brutal. I'd be surprised if he has 20 people who actually listen to his crap. I shouldn't even be giving him the download.

Nice television.

Load Metric
    Dutch Boyd Eliminated (around 440th I believe--I can't find his name on the results list as it seems to be missing)

After player folded to Dutch Boyd in the cutoff seat, he moved his last 40,000 in chips into the middle for an all-in bet. Paul Taylor made the call from the next seat on the button, and everyone else folded. This left Boyd's tournament life on the line with the {8-Hearts}{7-Diamonds} versus the {A-Hearts}{J-Spades} for Taylor.

Following a runout of {Q-Diamonds}{9-Clubs}{3-Diamonds}{3-Hearts}{Q-Clubs}, Boyd was eliminated. Taylor collected the pot and moved to just under 700,000 in chips

http://www.pokernews.com/live-report...hips.69160.htm

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I don't appreciate the poker parody stuff that much as I'm old. I know most do, and I find him simply ok on radio, but Thomas has done really good, candid videos with subjects that are oft-mocked, and that isn't easy to pull off. Really a job well done by him this summer. Must be a disarming kid to get these people to be so frank about less than ideal situations. Have really enjoyed all his videos this year. He's approached all the different interviews from smart angles, and gotten stuff that people generally don't want to put on the record, or is awkward conversation. He seems to have found his niche, and has good insight into what will make a solid interview.

As bizarre as the content of that last video, Boyd strangely seemed more sane than I have seen him recently. Shit was obviously chaotic, but he wasn't as manic as times before. He must have his meds straight to a degree.
    This is one of more affirming comments I've ever received on any of my work. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I guess Dutch could be full of shit or exaggerating, but as someone else pointed out, this story sounds too specific and weird for him to have fabricated.

I'm not saying that Dutch was a wonderful roommate. It's possible that he did all kinds of annoying shit and Fischman was in his right mind kicking him out.

But the story really does appear to have merit. Dutch has definitely stretched the truth before (his excuse for squatting twoplustwopoker.com comes to mind, as well as his lies to keep Pokerspot afloat), but it would be a monster whopper to have totally made this up and gone on Bluff video to talk about it.

Why doesn't Fischman release a rebuttal, rather than just say he was "lying"?

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I don't appreciate the poker parody stuff that much as I'm old. I know most do, and I find him simply ok on radio, but Thomas has done really good, candid videos with subjects that are oft-mocked, and that isn't easy to pull off. Really a job well done by him this summer. Must be a disarming kid to get these people to be so frank about less than ideal situations. Have really enjoyed all his videos this year. He's approached all the different interviews from smart angles, and gotten stuff that people generally don't want to put on the record, or is awkward conversation. He seems to have found his niche, and has good insight into what will make a solid interview.

As bizarre as the content of that last video, Boyd strangely seemed more sane than I have seen him recently. Shit was obviously chaotic, but he wasn't as manic as times before. He must have his meds straight to a degree.
    This is one of more affirming comments I've ever received on any of my work. Thank you.
    i like the style of your interviews where all the focus is on the interviewee, as apposed to others where all you hears is the interviewer asking long winded questions

thomas, ever considered doing a 2 camera shoot, maybe lock one camera off, be it a closeup or to the side, will make it more interesting when editing rather than having jump cuts

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

i like the style of your interviews where all the focus is on the interviewee, as apposed to others where all you hears is the interviewer asking long winded questions

thomas, ever considered doing a 2 camera shoot, maybe lock one camera off, be it a closeup or to the side, will make it more interesting when editing rather than having jump cuts
    I did a little bit of this in certain locations earlier in the summer, but it's not really feasible with the small green screen. Using that screen is pretty important since I'm prohibited from filming basically everywhere. So the screen ensures that I don't have every video looking exactly the same.

Thread Information