Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twitter War of the Day between Maven, Dan Fleyshman, and Eric Morris from Bluff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Twitter War of the Day between Maven, Dan Fleyshman, and Eric Morris from Bluff

It seems to be all about the old Victory Poker stuff again where Fleyshman rolled Maven and Eric Morris out of money.

Maven brings up he's giving Dan Fleyshman one last chance to pay him before he intends to take action which I'm not sure why he has waited this long. Dan replies and then Maven does asking him if he was going to ever pay the money he owes Eric Morris of Bluff Magazine.

https://twitter.com/TheMavenVT/status/331202344299675648

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    It seems to be all about the old Victory Poker stuff again where Fleyshman rolled Maven and Eric Morris out of money.

Maven brings up he's giving Dan Fleyshman one last chance to pay him before he intends to take action which I'm not sure why he has waited this long. Dan replies and then Maven does asking him if he was going to ever pay the money he owes Eric Morris of Bluff Magazine.

https://twitter.com/TheMavenVT/status/331202344299675648
    it really depends if Fleyshman signed personally or just a business debt

Dan should hire my Chinese lawyer Sosue Me Esq.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    I'm following this now and it's pretty lol from all involved except maybe The Maven, I haven't really seen why he wasn't paid or precisely what he is owed money for. Everything else is just babble.

The Bluff/Victory stuff is ridiculuos to say the least, and has completely sidetracked the Maven talk. From the looks of it Victory asked them to stop running the ads, they didn't (considering the timing they probably had extra ad space and no suitors so they just kept running them figuring the contract called for a year and maybe Victory keeps plugging away and pays), and a couple years later he wants to get paid from a basically bankrupt company. The story about why he is owed money, and for what timeframe, has changed about four times already, so I really don't know what to think.

Realistically we'd need to see if there are any outs in the contract for Victory, or if it was a 1-year agreement no matter what, but even still the company is worth nothing. When a company goes bankrupt and is worth 0.0 any debtors are shit out of luck.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    wb Steve-O

oh yea

Which one is he?

Load Metric
    LOL IS THIS ALL OVER 7K?

HOW QUICKLY THESE TWO HAVE FALLEN

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dan Fleyshman is a proven scum bag in the poker community that I can't really believe anything he has to say. He was on that old broadcast on DD where they reamed into him about various money owed including to some guy that won a promo and Dan was dodging the questions hard.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    LOL IS THIS ALL OVER 7K?

HOW QUICKLY THESE TWO HAVE FALLEN
    It's been over a year I believe before this was last brought up I believe (I could be wrong I don't follow any of these guys) which is weird that now Maven is asking again for his money or claims to take action. That makes me question how he's doing financially to just now bring this back to life.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    wb Steve-O

oh yea

I have nothing meaningful to add to the conversation, just want to say that this is a great video.

Banned
    Load Metric
    It's been over a year I believe before this was last brought up I believe (I could be wrong I don't follow any of these guys) which is weird that now Maven is asking again for his money or claims to take action. That makes me question how he's doing financially to just now bring this back to life.
    David Chicotsky ‏@TheMavenVT
    Hilarious to think he's a class guy. And yes, we've been trying to get paid for years now "offline" - more to come I'm sure.
    This is true.

Load Metric
    Wasn't Antonio Esfandiari involved with Victory Poker or am I thinking of something else?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Wasn't Antonio Esfandiari involved with Victory Poker or am I thinking of something else?
    Yes, he was part of their pro team.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Yes, he was part of their pro team.

that Persian has rugs laying everywhere

and lol Maven

Which one is he?

Load Metric
    The real problem here is that Victory Poker went belly-up; unless Maven has some kind of contract stating he will paid after this time it's pointless to try to get water from a stone. Imagine Red Pros or affiliates going to Howard Lederer and demanding they get paid (PokerStrategy tried this and the case was never even considered). Businesses go bankrupt all the time and debtors often don't see a dime. Fleyshman's business went broke, that doesn't make him personally responsible for buisness debts unless the two are attached and I can't imagine anyone being dumb enough to connect their personal assets with a quasi-legal online poker site

What's interesting here is WHY Fleyshman is refusing to pay the Maven. Is it because he went public with this debt to DD? It seemed like he was gonig to make good on it but then reconsidered right around the time he did the Subject Poker interview and appeared on DD. He must have the money considering he was playing a ton of tournaments post-Black Friday. It seems like there is something else going on here, and I think its that Maven leaked the debt back in 2011

The Eric Morris thing is an utter joke: He's trying to say; yes, Fleyshman prepaid for ads, but then we somehow kept running them for months (without being paid) and after correspondence indicating Fleyshman wanted them pulled. Maven should distance himself from this claim, otherwise its gonna be all about Eric Morris vs. Fleyshman and in that case I tend to agree with Fleyshman.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    The real problem here is that Victory Poker went belly-up; unless Maven has some kind of contract stating he will paid after this time it's pointless to try to get water from a stone. Imagine Red Pros or affiliates going to Howard Lederer and demanding they get paid (PokerStrategy tried this and the case was never even considered). Businesses go bankrupt all the time and debtors often don't see a dime. Fleyshman's business went broke, that doesn't make him personally responsible for buisness debts unless the two are attached and I can't imagine anyone being dumb enough to connect their personal assets with a quasi-legal online poker site

What's interesting here is WHY Fleyshman is refusing to pay the Maven. Is it because he went public with this debt to DD? It seemed like he was gonig to make good on it but then reconsidered right around the time he did the Subject Poker interview and appeared on DD. He must have the money considering he was playing a ton of tournaments post-Black Friday. It seems like there is something else going on here, and I think its that Maven leaked the debt back in 2011

The Eric Morris thing is an utter joke: He's trying to say; yes, Fleyshman prepaid for ads, but then we somehow kept running them for months (without being paid) and after correspondence indicating Fleyshman wanted them pulled. Maven should distance himself from this claim, otherwise its gonna be all about Eric Morris vs. Fleyshman and in that case I tend to agree with Fleyshman.
    Name:  lakers.gif
Views: 2217
Size:  1.78 MB

Load Metric
    The Maven is a broke faggot. He'll probably off himself in the next year or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    The Maven is a broke faggot. He'll probably off himself in the next year or two.
    Pretty douchey thing to say so I have to ask. What exactly did he do to you that makes you say something so absurd. I know nothing about this whole crew, so am honestly indifferent about all this but had to ask. This Maven guy seems to be well known in the old online poker world out there in Vegas, but never really seen chasing bracelets. So what is it about him everyone seems to dislike so much?

If you have not noticed judging by the reception I have seen people get from this crowd, I would take most of what you say, with a grain of salt no offense.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Pretty douchey thing to say so I have to ask. What exactly did he do to you that makes you say something so absurd. I know nothing about this whole crew, so am honestly indifferent about all this but had to ask. This Maven guy seems to be well known in the old online poker world out there in Vegas, but never really seen chasing bracelets. So what is it about him everyone seems to dislike so much?

If you have not noticed judging by the reception I have seen people get from this crowd, I would take most of what you say, with a grain of salt no offense.

Load Metric
    They all are just crying over money! Get over it.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    This most likely will be my only post regarding Dan Fleyshman, but I wanted people to know the truth. Let me start off by stating, this was never about the money. So, please do not state I am looking for a payout. This was about exposing a guy who has lied and conned many people in the business world going back to his clothing and Energy Drink days. Just yesterday was made aware of an article that was posted on SubjectPoker.com (http://www.subjectpoker.com/2011/05/...shman-part-ii/). I am not sure how I never saw this, but I can assure you the Dan's responses were filled with lies and half truths. For one he owed many people and businesses money, including 2+2, Maven and Bluff. He admitted in the article that he had not paid Maven back and would do so in a "week or so," which we all know did not happen. If he could not afford to pay $6k, just think about all the other people he stiffed.

Next, he states that media will only write something if they are paid. I can assure everyone that we did not sell editorial, nor did we ever charge any site to be on the cover. In fact, if we were shooting a sponsored player for the cover, we would ask them if they wanted to wear their logo. He then goes on to mention Antonio, who has been a contributing writing since the inception and launch of BLUFF. Antonio has appeared on the cover 4 times I believe and
    BLUFF has always provided him plenty of editorial and promotion. Just another lie by Dan. My best guess is Dan owed many media companies quite a bit of money and the best way for him to get out of paying is to slam the very same people that actually promoted his players and brand.

Now. let's address the main point of this thread and twitter posting. Here are facts we all can agree upon. Dan signed a year contract to advertise in BLUFF. Dan pre paid for his first advert, which appeared Feb 2010. BLUFF continues to run Victory ads (double page spreads) all the way through July 2010. An email was sent to Dan on June 17th asking him for payment or we could not run his advert in Aug 2010. Side note: you can see the copy of this email on my twitter feed -ericmorris1616 to verify I am stating facts. Sep 3, 2010 an email was again sent to Dan, stating we heard that victory no longer desired to run ads in BLUFF. What I find very strange is Dan posted only a portion of the email on Twitter. He somehow managed to cover up the part of the email that stated, "Last I heard you still were going to advertise" or something to that effect. This shows me that he never cancelled his advertising and new he owed BLUFF money. BLUFF stopped inserting Victory adverts because of non payment. Now, let me remind you this was before Black Friday and BLUFF was doing quite well financially, so we would not just insert his advert and strong arm him into paying. If Dan really canceled his advertising contract, we would have charged him a cancellation fee and parted ways. The truth is Dan did not cancel. From what I can see is the first time cancellation was discussed was when BLUFF sent him an email on June 17th. What this means is we had already printed the July issue. So, in total we ran Victory adverts from March through July at the rate of $15k per spread before we sent out an email asking for payment. I have asked Dan to send me any type of correspondence that backed up his claim with regards to pulling out of the magazine. I also stated, I would publicly apologize if I was wrong. The only correspondence he sent was from Sep 3, 2010. If I were the CEO of any company and wanted to cancel an advertising contract, you better believe I would have documentation to avoid any legal problems. Some people have stated maybe he did not see the magazine. Very good point. However, BLUFF was plastered all over the RIO for 2 months. There is no was no way Dan could have missed seeing the magazine, not to mention he played in several events. Why would he have not picked the magazine up and called or emailed me asking why his advert was still running? The answer is because he did not cancel his ad buy. He new exactly what was going on and the value of having his brand promoted at the WSOP through BLUFF.

I have also been asked why would you extend so much credit to one client. I can certainly admit fault here. However, when Dan paid me, he used a Black Amex card and pre paid. He had established a payment history with BLUFF and it was not uncommon for clients to be 90 days late in paying invoices. I had also thought Dan was a friend and took him for his word that we would be paid. Again, I admit fault here as well.

Dan sent me a Tweet that stated, "A judge would laugh at you and ask why on earth are you trying to sue a shut down company 3 years after the fact : /." He is correct here. However, I never mentioned anything a lawsuit. Those were his words. Was he feeling guilty? Probably. What does upset me is he had from March 2010 to May 2011 to pay BLUFF for his ads before they went out of biz. Trust me if was not for a lack of effort on our side. Dan made a statement in his Subject Poker interview stating, "Whenever I buy adds from Bluff Europe or Card Player America–I mean, there’s magazines that don’t need money; let’s put it that way. [Fleyshman laughs]." WTF is that suppose to mean? Is he stating that because we are profitable, he does not think magazines should be paid? Seems to me everything comes down to that one statement, which is pretty telling. Dan never intended to pay for his ad buy, plain and simple.

As I stated in the first paragraph, I am not writing this post to collect money owed. In fact, I don't think Dan even has the money to pay his debt. I wrote this post to expose what kind of person Dan Fleyshman is and how he treated friends and companies who provided a real service only to then be slapped in the face. Trust me I have nothing to gain from writing this post and I am sure some of you will post nasty replies. I am ok with this just as long as the truth is told and made public.

Dan, in closing, I am prepared to issue a public apology if you can prove me wrong. All you have to do is send some type of correspondence that proves you are in fact telling the truth. If you are proven to be right, I would like nothing more than to apologies and buy you a round of drinks to put this behind us.

Eric Morris
    Founder of BLUFF Media

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

Which one is he?

Thread Information