Thread: Great News, Guys - Poolstars is BACK!

Load Metric

Great News, Guys - Poolstars is BACK!

Poki Poker blowing up huge in 2013! I also hear that pixel advertising is coming to 3.0 but cannot confirm.

Greetings PoolStars Member,

We are glad to inform that after more than three - year break PoolStars is back!

PoolStars is the only online 3D pool in the world where you will have an opportunity to enjoy not only play money, but real money games as well (US players are welcome)!

You will become a member of a friendly, international community. Besides, you will have a chance to be awarded with different bonuses and promotions.

New team members: Antanas (TonyG) - Founder

Justas (DASH) - Client Developer

Dimitry (Microcell) - Server Developer

Nerius (Kontuzijus) - Product Owner, Support.

Until the official release date, which is 03/25/2013, you are welcome to try play money games.

We wish you to have a great time while playing the best online pool ever made!.

Join us at www.poolstars.lt

Load Metric
    Wow, I totally forgot about Poolstars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Who remembers the promotional Poolstars event which pitted Macon Marc versus Tony G?

It was a $5000 match, but I think it was a freeroll for Marc.

It was also used to promote staking site "ChipMeUp", also owned by Tony G.

Here is an article about it: http://www.articlesbase.com/computer...rs-713564.html

Marc apparently sold 10% of himself, even though it was a freeroll (he wanted to guarantee himself SOMETHING, I guess):

http://www.chipmeup.com/event/3194/m...con-marc-other

http://www.chipmeup.com/forum/5/topi...arc-other?l=en

Notice Micon had 2%, repoman had 1%, and scottyno (LOL) had 1%.

Marc won the event.

Macon Marc used to be a regular on NWP (I think he found it because he knew Micon in some way, back in the day). He vanished from the community a few years ago.

Marc was last known to be living with a girl named Katherine, who was several years older than him. I met Katherine a few times. She was pretty, but was clearly older than Marc, and seemed to be living a semi-expensive lifestyle despite no apparent income. I heard she had rich parents.

Marc was interesting because he was really good at "side games". When poker players hung out and did things on the side, he always seemed to be among the best, whether it was golf, bowling, table tennis, video games, even rock-paper-scissors. (He actually entered the $1000 rock-paper-scissors unofficial WSOP event at least once, and did fairly well.)

Unfortunately, Marc wasn't very good at the one thing that really counted: Poker.

For years, Marc was a prop on AP and barely supported himself by breaking even at poker and scratching by on rakeback.

I always thought Marc could have made big money if he somehow made friends with the high stakes players (like Lindgren) and constantly got into prop bets with them. I would have even backed him for this. Sadly, he made only a little money over the years with his sidegame talents.

Marc was selected for this Poolstars match because he seemed to be the best Poolstars player on NWP, in the site's then-brief existence.

I always thought Poolstars was a stupid idea. Someone could easily write a bot that plays it perfectly, and would crush all of the human competition.

Load Metric
    I remember the match...pretty funny that he sold pieces of himself for a freeroll. For some reason I thought Marc was a decent pool player IRL and that was why he was chosen.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I always thought Poolstars was a stupid idea. Someone could easily write a bot that plays it perfectly, and would crush all of the human competition.
    I used to play yahoo pool a little when I wasn't playing hearts and they were selling programs to help you for $20 bucks. This was for free games. People cared enough about their ranking to buy them. Playing for money would have been dumb.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I remember the match...pretty funny that he sold pieces of himself for a freeroll. For some reason I thought Marc was a decent pool player IRL and that was why he was chosen.
    he was a good pool player and golden tee player, I believe golden tee was the Micon link

not sure what prompted Druff to post Bacon's unofficial wiki

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    He probably was. He was good at all of those side games in real life.

But I know he was chosen because he had shown the most talent at Poolstars of anyone on NWP.

Load Metric
    didnt micon roll indiana jim on a poolstars tournie out of spite?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooz View Post
    he was a good pool player and golden tee player, I believe golden tee was the Micon link
    Correct. Mark used GoldenTeePlayers.com to locate a weekly Golden Tee tournament in Atlanta, and drove over an hour each way to play with us on Tuesday nights. Since there was already a regular player named Mark, we nicknamed him Macon Mark.

Thread Information