Thread: Airplane in Brazil Overshoots Runway, Does Bellyflop - Everyone OK - VIDEO

Load Metric

Airplane in Brazil Overshoots Runway, Does Bellyflop - Everyone OK - VIDEO

Looks bad, apparently not so much: http://news.sky.com/story/1011141/cc...il-plane-crash

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Actually the pilot got seriously injured, but the two passengers are okay.

Most aviation accidents occur during takeoff, which is why I am pretty much holding my breath during the first 10 minutes of any flight, and then I feel relaxed after that.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I remember watching a doc about a plane landing on a short runway under poor conditions in brazil, skidding off the run way and crashing into a gas station which exploded. Killing everyone obv and gas station employees.

So yea... id say these guys ginned out.

Also, take offs are the only fun part of flying, I feel bad you get so nervous during them druff. I mean if your plane crashes it's basically game over so whats to worry about?

Pro tip: drop benadryls after you board the plane and get everything adjusted, you'll be lights out by the time you get to cruising altitudes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    I remember watching a doc about a plane landing on a short runway under poor conditions in brazil, skidding off the run way and crashing into a gas station which exploded. Killing everyone obv and gas station employees.

So yea... id say these guys ginned out.

Also, take offs are the only fun part of flying, I feel bad you get so nervous during them druff. I mean if your plane crashes it's basically game over so whats to worry about?

Pro tip: drop benadryls after you board the plane and get everything adjusted, you'll be lights out by the time you get to cruising altitudes.
    I get a nice buzz before I get on the plane and continue to drink until the plane has landed. Always seems to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I think everyone has done this atleast once but I don't really get nervous flying at all, I just like to pass the time quicker by sleeping.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Most aviation accidents occur during takeoff, which is why I am pretty much holding my breath during the first 10 minutes of any flight, and then I feel relaxed after that.
    Do you hold your breath every minute you're in a car? Being in a car is significantly more dangerous.

Load Metric
    I think everyone has done this atleast once but I don't really get nervous flying at all, I just like to pass the time quicker by sleeping.
    I fly a lot, and I'm a big fan of being unconscious as much as possible. Diphenhydramine (Benadryl/Tylenol PM) works great.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    I fly a lot, and I'm a big fan of being unconscious as much as possible. Diphenhydramine (Benadryl/Tylenol PM) works great.
    After much experimentation, I would have to go with wine. Calm turns to happy and turns to sleepy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

After much experimentation, I would have to go with wine. Calm turns to happy and turns to sleepy.
    Which turns to headache.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Which turns to headache.
    Could always do a Drexel and drop Ambien and booze. Somehow that just makes him not sleep but talk for 12 hours straight though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Do you hold your breath every minute you're in a car? Being in a car is significantly more dangerous.
    Why does somebody always have to say something ridiculously stupid like this when fear of flying is brought up. It's not a rational fear & the people who are afraid of flying don't try to present it as a rational fear. They know it's not based on rational thought just like the fear of enclosed spaces or arachnophobia, etc.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    yep, i always take a benadryl after I board and beg borrow steal and cheat my way to a window seat.

Thread Information