Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just upgraded to the new iPhone OS...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    i've tried using siri exactly one time, couldn't get the bitch to do what i wanted, haven't gone back since
    Don't you dare talk about my woman that way.

Don't you dare knife Willie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    i've tried using siri exactly one time, couldn't get the bitch to do what i wanted, haven't gone back since

teach me how to talk to this bitch in a way that she'll do what i want

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    dont get me started on twitter though. I have NO FUCKING idea why that site is so popular. I think people are delusional and somehow believe that their self-worth is so much greater than it actually is, and they believe people really want to see what they had for lunch via instagram.

Like I want to know what Micon's chip count is on some tourney?.....I couldnt give a rats ass.

there should be twitter laws where if your tweets suck, you lose your posting privilege. It should be for entertaining and informing, but the content needs to be good. 95% of the tweets I have seen suck ass. Waste of time.

Note: Unless you are a totally hot woman who tweets bikini/nude pics. Acceptable.
    https://twitter.com/ClooneyKitty
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric

OK.

Give me a list of 5 things you would like Siri to do for you. (Obv don't include joke tasks like blow jobs, etc. ) ;o)

Load Metric
    OK.

Give me a list of 5 things you would like Siri to do for you. (Obv don't include joke tasks like blow jobs, etc. ) ;o)
    -send a text while i'm driving (i tried doing this if siri didn't even come close)

-get directions (can siri open up mapquest for me and start the turn by turn navi?) find the nearest bank of america for instance

-google

-take a note or make a reminder

that's about it really, sending a text and navi are the primary two reasons why i'd use it

Load Metric
    -send a text while i'm driving (i tried doing this if siri didn't even come close)
    Say: "Text Max (or whatever the person's name is)." She'll respond by either asking you which Max (if there is more than one in your contacts), or by asking what you want the text to say. Continue to follow her prompts. Try and keep your text short and clear - she doesn't do as well with long, rambling texts. She also gets confused if there is a ton of noise in the background.

-get directions (can siri open up mapquest for me and start the turn by turn navi?) find the nearest bank of america for instance
    Say: "Directions to Bank of America." Siri will respond by saying that she found five or six businesses by that name near you, and ask you to tap the location you want directions to. Tap it, and the maps screen will come up with a route inked out. Click "Start" in the upper right corner, and Siri will start vocally navigating you.

-google
    Say: "What is the world record for longest penis?" (or whatever your question is). Siri will respond by telling you she doesn't know, and do you want her to do an internet search to find the answer. Say yes. Note - sometimes, Siri does know the answer to the question, so Google never gets called on. She knows a lot about geography for example.

Say: "Remind me to buy beer" (or whatever you want to be reminded of). Siri will then ask when you want to be reminded. Name the time and day, and she completes the process.

Please report back with your success stories.

Load Metric
    -She also gets confused if there is a ton of noise in the background..[/B]

i think this might be the real issue since i drive a jeep that is loud as shit with the soft top

Load Metric

i think this might be the real issue since i drive a jeep that is loud as shit with the soft top
    Yeah that is a problem. Nothing that can be done though, as she is using the sound she picks up to compute her responses.

Load Metric

got the same problem with noisy tires at high speeds, a headset is helping somewhat, new set of Michelin's on to do list
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Say: "Text Max (or whatever the person's name is)." She'll respond by either asking you which Max (if there is more than one in your contacts), or by asking what you want the text to say. Continue to follow her prompts. Try and keep your text short and clear - she doesn't do as well with long, rambling texts. She also gets confused if there is a ton of noise in the background.

Say: "Directions to Bank of America." Siri will respond by saying that she found five or six businesses by that name near you, and ask you to tap the location you want directions to. Tap it, and the maps screen will come up with a route inked out. Click "Start" in the upper right corner, and Siri will start vocally navigating you.

-google
    Say: "What is the world record for longest penis?" (or whatever your question is). Siri will respond by telling you she doesn't know, and do you want her to do an internet search to find the answer. Say yes. Note - sometimes, Siri does know the answer to the question, so Google never gets called on. She knows a lot about geography for example.

Say: "Remind me to buy beer" (or whatever you want to be reminded of). Siri will then ask when you want to be reminded. Name the time and day, and she completes the process.

Thanks for this. I literally never use Siri and feel like I have been under utilizing my phone, Im going to give her a shot.

On a different note, has anyone noticed their battery draining significantly faster after updating to IOS 6? I was surprised to see I only had 17% left yesterday when I normally would have around 50%. I then shut off all my apps and didnt use the phone for anything and glanced at it a few minutes later and it had lost another 3%!?!
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Load Metric
    VWLS,

Thats the thing. I dont feel I need to stand at the top of the mountain and brag all day about my GS3. The stats/comparisons do the talking.

Its all of my Apple friends who are having orgasms because of the new one.

People camping out in the rain for two days here in Chicago were interviewed, and many of them seemed brainwashed. One douchebag celebrated by leaving the store with his new phone, extending his hands in the air to celebrate, and then dropped his phone on the cement.
    Not asking you to stand on a mountain - but if you are truly holding a better phone, then please share the facts. The things I love about my iPhone are Siri (I can't really live without the Siri feature at this point, because it does stuff for me while I'm driving that make my life a million times easier), the camera (now because they added the panoramic option), the endless plethora of apps to choose from (althoug let's face it, I really only use like 10 out of the millions), the Internet browsing, and the free texting. Probably a couple of other things but those are the main ones.

Things I don't like are: email interface could be a lot better; size of touch screen obv, image and image posting a real pain in the ass for forum browsing, replying to forum posts also seriously fucked; text copy and paste needs improvement on all web pages; lack of Flash capability.

I'm not in any hurry to buy the iPhone5, and people who camp out to buy shit are insane imo.

Like I said, if there is something better than iPhone, given the things I use and appreciate the most, I'm totally open to hearing it.

Do you hear yourself? Can't live without Siri? WTF is the world coming to
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    You should stick with Iphone. It seems to meet your requirements better than Android could.

dont get me started on twitter though. I have NO FUCKING idea why that site is so popular. I think people are delusional and somehow believe that their self-worth is so much greater than it actually is, and they believe people really want to see what they had for lunch via instagram.

Like I want to know what Micon's chip count is on some tourney?.....I couldnt give a rats ass.

there should be twitter laws where if your tweets suck, you lose your posting privilege. It should be for entertaining and informing, but the content needs to be good. 95% of the tweets I have seen suck ass. Waste of time.

Note: Unless you are a totally hot woman who tweets bikini/nude pics. Acceptable.
    Theres 2 ways to use twitter. The 1st is what you said above. It amazes me how people think that the little dumb shit they do is worthy of someone else reading it. These are the people who use twitter to feel important. The way I use twitter is I follow sports writers and poker journalists, so I get to see alot of info instead of going to a million sites. Its actually great for that. I also dont mind the occasional ass pic tweet from Adrienne Curry, but I follow very few athletes and stars. I use it for info, but your right most use it for annoying self promotion. I also never follow anyone that follows no one like Skip Bayless. I have no use for anyone thats so into themselves that nothing anyone says matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    You should stick with Iphone. It seems to meet your requirements better than Android could.

Theres 2 ways to use twitter. The 1st is what you said above. It amazes me how people think that the little dumb shit they do is worthy of someone else reading it. These are the people who use twitter to feel important. The way I use twitter is I follow sports writers and poker journalists, so I get to see alot of info instead of going to a million sites. Its actually great for that. I also dont mind the occasional ass pic tweet from Adrienne Curry, but I follow very few athletes and stars. I use it for info, but your right most use it for annoying self promotion. I also never follow anyone that follows no one like Skip Bayless. I have no use for anyone thats so into themselves that nothing anyone says matters.
    As a business man you would think DRK of all people would see the value of Twitter.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric

-google

I dont find siri as useful. In the beginning it was fun, but I can do shit faster myself, especially since I got a new case she never gets anything right. I'll be like set my alarm for 630 and shell be like ok ill call you mom for now on.

Banned
    Load Metric
    This is basically the same thing as complaining about idiots on Facebook. The problem isn't necessarily the medium. Maybe you just need smarter friends.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshott74 View Post
    Pretty sure google maps is gone with the new OS as well.

Load Metric
    Tried the new navi yesterday and it worked perfectly. Very happy. It's a feature I had been wanting, but I was too cheap to pay for the one that comes by app (monthly fee).

I've really had very few issues with Siri not functioning properly - overall, it's been the best thing about the phone, at least for me personally. It really is like having a personal secretary.

What kind of case did you put on that is stopping Siri from hearing you? I tend to shy away from any case that bulks up the sexy slimness or look of the phone. I either use skins or an ultra slim back case with a matching screen protector. I've never had any interference issues. But I'm probably not as we'll protected as you. When I slip the phone in my purse, It goes into a soft velour sleeve to protect it from scratches to the case, but I suppose if I were to drop it on cement while on the phone, it would crack.

Load Metric
    I had an iphone with AT&T, I was really happy with it, I needed to change my number and decided to switch to Verizon as well since AT&T had spotty service in some places I go to a lot.

I initially got the Samsung Galaxy Droid... I had it for 12 days and I absolutely hated it, there is a MAJOR difference in the screen quality (watch something on netflix side by side and you will see what I mean) as well as just a ton of small things I didn't like and the Droid just under performed IMO, so yesterday I went and exchanged it and got a new iphone and today I am much, much happier with the iphone over droid, I am sure some people are huge droid supporters, but after trying them both I can honestly say that the iphone is a ton better for my needs and wants.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I had an iphone with AT&T, I was really happy with it, I needed to change my number and decided to switch to Verizon as well since AT&T had spotty service in some places I go to a lot.

I initially got the Samsung Galaxy Droid... I had it for 12 days and I absolutely hated it, there is a MAJOR difference in the screen quality (watch something on netflix side by side and you will see what I mean) as well as just a ton of small things I didn't like and the Droid just under performed IMO, so yesterday I went and exchanged it and got a new iphone and today I am much, much happier with the iphone over droid, I am sure some people are huge droid supporters, but after trying them both I can honestly say that the iphone is a ton better for my needs and wants.
    I had a Samsung Galaxy (Verizon) also and it was a piece of junk, but just because THAT phone under performed while running the Droid operating system that doesn't mean all phones running Droid are under performers. That's like buying a junk computer and then complaining that Windows was under performing.

My biggest issue with the Samsung Galaxy was that I could never get a GPS signal. I switched over the the HTC Incredible II and it was much better.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dumped ATT, grabbed an Iphone5 friday from Radio Shack and switched to Verizon . IT IS GOD/thread

Thread Information