Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Micon 10k richer or scammed again?

Load Metric

Micon 10k richer or scammed again?

http://www.donkdown.com/forum/watch-...on-t86344.html

So looks like Micon has won his bitcoin bet with Matthew N wright. Micon bet 10k that a fairly obv scammer (pirateat40) would not pay back investors. Yesterday the alleged scammer confirmed he is defaulting on 5 million dollars in payments.

So Micon should collect 10k no problem.

The question is... is Matthew N Wright a scammer himself? The guy has a pretty odd history and seems reckless with money. He phoned into ddradio last week and came across like a pretty big moron which begs the question how he had 100k to take bets (edit reports now say he has bet nearly 400k)?

Has Micon been freerolled? Or has micon's poor fortune finally changed?
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 08-31-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Load Metric
    Is Micon even able to pay 10K if he lost? Perhaps he was the one freerolling. Scamming a scammer can't be easy work.

Load Metric
    So Micon has a kid on the way and he's making $10k bets? Unreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

So looks like Micon has won his bitcoin bet with Matthew N wright. Micon bet 10k that a fairly obv scammer (pirateat40) would not pay back investors. Yesterday the alleged scammer confirmed he is defaulting on 5 million dollars in payments.

The question is... is Matthew N Wright a scammer himself? The guy has a pretty odd history and seems reckless with money. He phoned into ddradio last week and came across like a pretty big moron which begs the question how he had 100k to take bets (edit reports now say he has bet nearly 400k)?

Saying that guy came across as a pretty big moron might be an understatement. I heard the interview. I still thought it was for $2500...maybe only on Micons end.

Load Metric
    Odds Micon gambles away all his money and has to use his "Hoosiers Rock" t-shirts as diapers?
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

Saying that guy came across as a pretty big moron might be an understatement. I heard the interview. I still thought it was for $2500...maybe only on Micons end.
    Last I heard micon bet 500 bitcoins (current value 5k) and then increased to another 500 (10k total)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Odds Micon gambles away all his money and has to use his "Hoosiers Rock" t-shirts as diapers?
    Odds the kids actually his?

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Micon didn't escrow the bet, makes you wonder.

Zero point zero chance he actually collects.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Odds the kids actually his?

Load Metric
    Micon's reply....

I explained this in chat on Seals last night -

Lets say I'm going to pay Matt if he wins every time.

Lets say Matt is only going to pay me some of the time, given he is relatively unknown by me in terms of how much I can trust him.

I feel this bet was so much in my favor, that even if Matt only pays a small % of the time I have a +EV bet.

We shall see soon.

Amazing. Micon is pretty much saying he is totally fine with being scammed here (as long as the scamming does not result in -EV situation). Its analagous to claiming it is ok for your opponent to cheat in poker as long as you beat him in long term.

Load Metric
    Micon's reply....

Lets say Matt is only going to pay me some of the time, given he is relatively unknown by me in terms of how much I can trust him.

I feel this bet was so much in my favor, that even if Matt only pays a small % of the time I have a +EV bet.

We shall see soon.

Amazing. Micon is pretty much saying he is totally fine with being scammed here (as long as the scamming does not result in -EV situation). Its analagous to claiming it is ok for your opponent to cheat in poker as long as you beat him in long term.
    Wow, that may be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Anyone who wonders why Micon is broke, just read that statement.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Micon's reply....

We shall see soon.

Load Metric
    Micon's reply....

We shall see soon.

Name:  fail2.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  58.3 KB

Load Metric
    I think the only way you wouldn't want to escrow a 10k bet with someone who is not well known and you have done business with in the past is if some of the time you are going to free roll the bet as well

So if randombitcoinguy is free rolling 2/10 times

and Micon is free rolling 6/10 times

than it is a massive +EV situation for micon...

He lead off by saying "Lets Say" I am paying every time...

like its a hypothetical

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I think the only way you wouldn't want to escrow a 10k bet with someone who is not well known and you have done business with in the past is if some of the time you are going to free roll the bet as well

like its a hypothetical
    Spot on Jasep. Micon basically admits that he was free rolling this wager. It's the only way his post makes any sense.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post

like its a hypothetical
    Spot on Jasep. Micon basically admits that he was free rolling this wager. It's the only way his post makes any sense.
    I asked him about it last week and he insisted that he intended on paying if he lost.

So...you guys all left DD to get away from Micon...and then spend your time talking about Micon. That makes sense.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

I asked him about it last week and he insisted that he intended on paying if he lost.

So...you guys all left DD to get away from Micon...and then spend your time talking about Micon. That makes sense.
    FTR I don;t think Micon intended to scam at all. Might have a hard time paying but doubt he would scam. What I find interesting is that Micon seems to accept that he will get scammed here.

That aside this whole pirate thing is extremely fascinating. Then throw in the bet my matthew n wright along with the current instability of the markets and you have a very interesting issue to follow. I actually wish Micon spoke more abotu it because its the first interesting thing I have heard come out of his mouth in quite some time.

Load Metric
    "3) no escrow. Matt is a trusted member of the bitcoin community. You can listen to him on DonkDown radio last Wed explain his side of the bet"

This was micons original reason for not wanting to escrow. Now he says "even if there is only small percent chance that he'll pay me this was hugely +EV." Makes no sense not to push for an escrow here, I don't think. Does he know this Matt guy's real name and info, or is he just betting 10k with an anonymous, but respected bitcoin guy?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

I still post at DD Barry so I don't know what you're talking about. Micon's bitcoin bet is a hot forum topic so what's wrong with discussing it?

Load Metric
    Not sure what is unsound about Micon's argument, and is the same logic that let Eric Lingren play fantasy sports for big $ year after year (he is such a big fish that even if he only pays 66% of the time or something its still +EV to have him in there) He's just building risk into his EV calcs.

Pretty much any risk-based assessment uses this logic

Thread Information