Thread: I was robbed by a local company for 2700. Whats my best move?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Have you considered working for this place and tanking their pizza business from the inside while you live in the parking lot
    Stop trolling, This is serious, I am hoping for advice to get my 2700 back

Sounds like you’re fucked. I’m sure they’d be happy to install your $5400 we’ll that won’t comply. If you want a well in compliance you pay what it costs…

Have you gotten a better quote?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1marley1 View Post

Sounds like you’re fucked. I’m sure they’d be happy to install your $5400 we’ll that won’t comply. If you want a well in compliance you pay what it costs…

They can’t drill the normal 5400 well. Health department won’t allow it and health department has to be there when company is drilling. No I haven’t had a better quote. Hard to find company to drill a variance well, They need special bit and everyone is busy here.
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    so where are we on the application process and then the master plan to turn this into a failing pizza enterprise

Load Metric

agree with this get a few other quotes and see how close they are to the 11k but in general extra work equals extra cost to you. there kinda jerks to not offer your deposit back altho you haven't said if they had done something to justify the hold back.

at some point a "estimate" changed to a "Quote" and changed the dynamics and relationship between contractors and their customers.

when you were informed the extra work would be needed (after initial quote you it would be unreasonable to expect the quote would stand) given the new information.

I almost never do projects on a quoted price unless it is a fairly simple task. cost plus materials is the better fair way of doing business IMO.

Comments

4BET: They have did zero work at the property
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

agree with this get a few other quotes and see how close they are to the 11k but in general extra work equals extra cost to you. there kinda jerks to not offer your deposit back altho you haven't said if they had done something to justify the hold back.

at some point a "estimate" changed to a "Quote" and changed the dynamics and relationship between contractors and their customers.

when you were informed the extra work would be needed (after initial quote you it would be unreasonable to expect the quote would stand) given the new information.

I almost never do projects on a quoted price unless it is a fairly simple task. cost plus materials is the better fair way of doing business IMO.
    Yes I understand that it would cost more given health department requirements. The question here is are they allowed by law to keep deposit given new price of 11k? Contract does say no refunds on deposit but it also says 5400 for well.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker:

Load Metric

Yes I understand that it would cost more given health department requirements. The question here is are they allowed by law to keep deposit given new price of 11k? Contract does say no refunds on deposit but it also says 5400 for well.
    i believe they could likely find a way to keep a lot of it admin and planning fees if taken to small claims. they will pay you out most of it before the date comes or take there sweet time paying you if they loose.
    not to mention you have a bunch of redneck well digging goons with your info, address etc could put you in a bad spot as well... its to bad they won't negotiate with you blocking your number is pretty aggressive.

good luck
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Lawyer. You’ll probably win but will also lose financially. In three years set fire to there site…….just kidding kinda

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Lawyer. You’ll probably win but will also lose financially. In three years set fire to there site…….just kidding kinda
    I was with you tell you said just kidding. Hehe

Load Metric
    so were going no on you living in the parking lot and tanking their yelp pizza reviews, did you inform them you have a 2003 corvette with a custom license plate

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    so were going no on you living in the parking lot and tanking their yelp pizza reviews, did you inform them you have a 2003 corvette with a custom license plate
    Correct no on living in the parking lot. You must have missed it. Vette was traded in for a new 2016 vette with regular license plate. Then that was traded in for 2018 Toyota. I do feel the need for speed again but no new vetts available atm because GM are idiots

Load Metric
    I just ask google about the lawyer. I can’t add lawyer fees to the amount. Looks like we will go it alone. No lawyer but I still might check some prices for a lawyer. Although I am not a Jew I often feel like I am. At times I want to check deep in family tree must be a Jew in there somewhere

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I just ask google about the lawyer. I can’t add lawyer fees to the amount. Looks like we will go it alone. No lawyer but I still might check some prices for a lawyer. Although I am not a Jew I often feel like I am. At times I want to check deep in family tree must be a Jew in there somewhere
    Correct. You need to take this to small claims.

You don't hire lawyers when suing for $2700, unless you are actually willing to burn more money than you win, in order to get back at the other guy.

If you want to walk away with $, you use small claims for something like this.

Thread Information